Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Target...

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've not had one issue with mine,, the device or the tank. Going on week three and yeah, the ceramic is dis colored but I would expect that. One thing I've noticed,, when I change flavors it takes a good long while for the new flavor to come through. About three pulls is all it takes in my subtank. So still a little undecided about the ceramic coils right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think I've decided I don't like those ceramic coils. I'd read somewhere that the vape was cooler,, I didn't get it at the time but it's true. It IS a cooler vape and I like it pretty warm. So I've ordered some Freemax Starre coils and a Triton RTA system for it. It's a nice tank, and I've been told these will fit it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What does he say. I'm damn near out of data and can't watch til I get home from work so I can rock wifi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He says they passed the test...they had ceramic fibers on the filter on the first test...supposedly. I knew it was bullshit from the start. No data from testing to start with and then when they actually tested and released data the coils they were proven safe...

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
freemax scylla has ceramic coils, an RBA deck and vapes great. Tested one out at my B=M. I would look at that first.

I tried Freemax ceramic coils in an og Starre about 6 weeks ago, but heard they may have been updated since then. The ones I tried had tiny wicking holes, were very power hungry, etc.

I thought maybe the Starre didn't have enough air flow, but it is normally very airy with the og coils, that I find to be as hit or miss as the Crown and others.

I've gotten the occasional dud Herakles coil and a TFV4 tri coil that was ng, so anything is possible.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I been using this tank for a couple weeks and honestly the coils are OK, I used my first one for about a week and a half at 30 watts, I am on my second coil and it seems to be working better than the first but I wish it had better airflow

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

AshleyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought mine yesterday and my screen is shorting out.. It happened after about 4 hours so I took out the battery and out in a new LG HE4. Problem went away until today (day 2).....same issue. I am heartbroken because I wanted this mod and tank to work well and it is a stunning metallic purple color! Love the feel of it and the vapor and true flavor are amazing. I popped the tank on my old ClouporT5 until I can return this to my local vape shop. Will update then.

I just bought 2 vaporessos (blk n white and silver) My husbands silver one screen started glitching out. (Even when we change to fully charge batteries) We had it exchanged. Then his exchanged one did the same thing. (Now they won't exchange the 2nd one) Mine started glitching out about 3 days ago. The mod/screen seemed the get warm (not hot) then would go haywire. We were using efest 2100 mah batteries. But today we bought Imren 3000mah 40a batteries for now until we can order online for a different brand and so far no glitching. I'm glad because we love them :) I'm on day 12 of my coil, taste the same as day 1 and I chain vape all day.

KittyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ty so much for posting this. My screen still gives me that improper low battery flashing half white screen annoying high pitch sound (apparently only my dogs, parrots and I can only hear). I am returning the one I have and am hoping to get another without these issues. Sadly I may have to say goodbye to the purple color. My B&M only has black and silver left. When I get one that works I will not be doing business with them again because I heard the owners son ask "Is she going to be a B**** about this?" Behaving that way in a store is just not my style but that may not be the case tomorrow. I could trade in the target for a sigelei 75w and a crown tank or Herakles

KittyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I brought my Target back and exchanged it for another. Got the last purple one. It is malfunctioning also........... I am going back to bed with a bottle of alcohol.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd reconsider that trade offer for the Sigelei 75, to use with your Target tank, Crown, Herakles, or Herakles Plus.

Original Herakles can run on many different coils, in addition to their own. This includes your Target, Atlantis/Triton, Starre/Maganus, and a few others.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I brought my Target back and exchanged it for another. Got the last purple one. It is malfunctioning also........... I am going back to bed with a bottle of alcohol.
Now that sucks! I've not had those issues with mine,, I have a white one. I have noticed, however, a ticking. The thing ticks, like a clock. I'm sure I'm the only one that hears it, it's pretty faint but it's definitely there and definitely coming from the device. I keep thinking TIME BOMB!! But it doesn't heat up, doesn't even get warm and it seems to work just fine. I hope your shop goes good for it, and doesn't hassle you about it. That's one sure way to make sure you never go back!

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am trying one of these coils in my Starre tank. Flavor is pretty good, but I can taste the ceramic, and it's kind of a dryer vape. Not the wet saturated taste I get from a regular coil. I like the airflow, and the vapor production. Just wondering if the flavor will improve and the ceramic taste go away? Is there a break in period? I have the same juice in my Kanger Nano, and this tank, and so far the flavor is better on the nano when I'm vaping side to side. I can taste more of the flavor backnotes with the ccell, but over it's more muted than nano. I'm really hoping these will break in, I'd love a coil that lasts longer and carried the flavor longer. So far, I'm disappointed :(

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Several folks have reported that the flavor really picks up after 1/4 to 1/2 a tank ... with the juice I was using ( very light ) it was great from the get go.

What wattage are you running it at? It seems to have really good flavor anywhere from 20 to 35 watts ... at least it did for me. :)

ETA: Oh, and which coil are you using Kanthal or NI? The Kanthal is said to have better flavor from what I've seen so far.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It has a weird taste when you first vape it but it goes away fairly shortly, I find them to be the best after a half tank and then the flavor cant really be matched, its alot different and hard to describe. I would say light, crisp and well defined, is terms of flavor and you get quite a bit of vapor. I like to run them from 500-600°F@70w, its a warmer vape then whats recommended but thats just the way I like them...

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Several folks have reported that the flavor really picks up after 1/4 to 1/2 a tank ... with the juice I was using ( very light ) it was great from the get go.

What wattage are you running it at? It seems to have really good flavor anywhere from 20 to 35 watts ... at least it did for me. :)

ETA: Oh, and which coil are you using Kanthal or NI? The Kanthal is said to have better flavor from what I've seen so far.
Using the kanthal, tried at both 30w and 35w. Someone on another thread suggested maybe the Starre tank might constrict the holes slightly at the base of the chimney. I will move it into my Atlantis and see if it improves. Still not giving up yet...lol

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It has a weird taste when you first vape it but it goes away fairly shortly, I find them to be the best after a half tank and then the flavor cant really be matched, its alot different and hard to describe. I would say light, crisp and well defined, is terms of flavor and you get quite a bit of vapor. I like to run them from 500-600°F@70w, its a warmer vape then whats recommended but thats just the way I like them...
Wow, that is double the recommended....70w? You don't get burnt or dry hits at that? Yes, I agree, I'm amazed at the amount of vapor at a measly 35w.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And that's a negative on the Atlantis tank. The holes are actually buried more in the base of the Atantis vs the Starre. Is everyone using the coils in the Target tank, or in a different one? I'm going to vape the rest of this tank gone, then if no better, I will try with 50/50 juice to see results. I believe the coil is working in it's intended way, not getting any dry or burnt hits, and it's producing very good vapor. The flavor is just not as good as others and it's a dryer feeling vape, hard to describe but I have heard others mention the dryer type feeling. I am honestly disappointed with the flavor as that is what I was chasing.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm using the coils in the Target tank myself ... haven't tried it in any others although there does seem to be quite a few that it's supposedly compatible with ...

"The cCELL is compatible with Trition tanks, Altantis Tanks, ijust 2 Tanks, Vapeston Maganus, Freemax Starre, Anyvape Sega Sub Tank, Eleaf Melo, Sense Tech Herakles, Horizon Tech Arctic etc. So you can also use one coil for above tanks."

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm using the coils in the Target tank myself ... haven't tried it in any others although there does seem to be quite a few that it's supposedly compatible with ...

"The cCELL is compatible with Trition tanks, Altantis Tanks, ijust 2 Tanks, Vapeston Maganus, Freemax Starre, Anyvape Sega Sub Tank, Eleaf Melo, Sense Tech Herakles, Horizon Tech Arctic etc. So you can also use one coil for above tanks."
Yes, I read that too. I tried it in my Arctic though, and it would not screw into the base. Does fit my Atlantis and Starre, but the wicking holes are more exposed with the Starre vs the Atlantis.

jtgrham

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am using the regular coils in my melo 2. Going on 3 weeks now with the first coil and flavor is still as fresh as day one. Set at 37.5 watts on an eleaf 40 tc. Using a 80/20 vg mix. No issues. Good flavor. It does give a cool vape though so if you like a warmer hit this coil is not for you. Can't say anything about the mod as i didn't buy it because i all ready have plenty of mods and tanks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive been wanting one of these Target kits, but I want to get one of the white ones with the ORANGE buttons/seals. I guess they stopped making it. If anyone has a white/orange Target mod and tank they are willing to let go of please get in touch with me, Id definitely be interested in buying one or maybe trading or something.

The ceramic coils look and sound interesting as hell, sounds like a way to get a "pure" flavor of the juice since theres no cotton being heated and I dont think the ceramic would add any noticable taste after broken in. On the other hand, practically all juice on the market now was developed, tested, and made for cotton wicks and metal coils. By made for, I mean it was almost certainly tested on cotton wicking and metal coils and then tweaked on results, so the juice is kind of "calibrated" to that kind of set up. Probably doesnt make a lot of difference on ceramic, but who knows.

I can definitely see ceramics being bigger in the future though.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive been wanting one of these Target kits, but I want to get one of the white ones with the ORANGE buttons/seals. I guess they stopped making it. If anyone has a white/orange Target mod and tank they are willing to let go of please get in touch with me, Id definitely be interested in buying one or maybe trading or something.

The ceramic coils look and sound interesting as hell, sounds like a way to get a "pure" flavor of the juice since theres no cotton being heated and I dont think the ceramic would add any noticable taste after broken in. On the other hand, practically all juice on the market now was developed, tested, and made for cotton wicks and metal coils. By made for, I mean it was almost certainly tested on cotton wicking and metal coils and then tweaked on results, so the juice is kind of "calibrated" to that kind of set up. Probably doesnt make a lot of difference on ceramic, but who knows.

I can definitely see ceramics being bigger in the future though.
Only thing I don't like about these coils is the tight draw. They are .9s flavor is really nice just not airy at all

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What all ohms are the coils available in? Never really looked into it, but I like semi low sub ohm builds (anywhere between .2 and .4) and with premade coils I cant do anything higher than a .5 as anything higher usually has way too tight a draw for me.

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that sucks! I've not had those issues with mine,, I have a white one. I have noticed, however, a ticking. The thing ticks, like a clock. I'm sure I'm the only one that hears it, it's pretty faint but it's definitely there and definitely coming from the device. I keep thinking TIME BOMB!! But it doesn't heat up, doesn't even get warm and it seems to work just fine. I hope your shop goes good for it, and doesn't hassle you about it. That's one sure way to make sure you never go back!

You're not the only one. My first one was stainless and had the screen glitch. I got a black/red replacement, and it works fine. But it has the ticking. I believe it is a some kind of relay or something in there for the screen time out/sleep mode, because the ticks are one second apart. Do you have the white/orange? If so, and you ever want to trade let me know. I love that white/orange one.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What all ohms are the coils available in? Never really looked into it, but I like semi low sub ohm builds (anywhere between .2 and .4) and with premade coils I cant do anything higher than a .5 as anything higher usually has way too tight a draw for me.

Presently 0.9 ohm, or Ni temp control coil at 0.2. However, Vaporesso has a new Gemini tank coming with 0.5. Not sure if those will be backwards compatible. Ceramic coil can mean so many different things, but ccell have ceramic wick, no cotton to burn, and are replaceable but hopefully long lived?

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree the draw is tight on the .9's, but the flavor is great! I tossed the .2 as it was making a very weird noise when firing and giving constant dry/burnt hits. Just preordered the gemini today from vapenw so looking forward to that. Additionally just received my COV defiant tank with their ceramic coil, bout to start vaping it and will post my thoughts. It is a .5 and seems like a nice draw. :)

What is the trick to priming these coils? I have gone above and beyond to get them set right. I had success with the first coil but then it suddenly decided to get stuck in dry hit mode very nasty after 2 days of use. I tried again with a new coil but saturation never took. Burnt it to hell. Now on the third coil with a thinner juice from "vayporsnark" and its iffy. Scared to take a longer drag. Dry hits are multitudes worse with ceramic when inhaled. Going to try to soak a new coil in a juice bottle for a day. When they worked they were fantastic. But i cannot vape happily with the thought of the last half of a drag being a big bold dry hit of death.
Used between 25 and 30 watts
1st juice was high VG
Test tank is the triton.
Test devices are a dna 40 and evic vt

Help guys n gals.

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't have any issues priming mine. Are all your juice flow holes clear in that tank? I'm sure you've checked, but are you using the right mode for the coil you have installed?

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Part of the reason I don't care for them. I ran into the same thing and I don't do high vg. I use freemax starre coils in the tank and I like them a lot better.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didn't have any issues priming my .9, however the .15 was an entirely different story making its way to the trash in very short order one dry hit after the other...not to mention the odd noise it made when firing.

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Ni200 coils were not as good as the kanthal ones anyway, so you didn't miss much.
I didn't have any issues priming my .9, however the .15 was an entirely different story making its way to the trash in very short order one dry hit after the other...not to mention the odd noise it made when firing.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a question regarding the Freemax Scylla tank. It's says it backwards compatible with the Freemax Star coils, I've heard the Aspire coils work in the Freemax Star, and I've also heard that the Vaporesso cCell coils are compatible with Aspire tanks. So my question is, can I use all those different coils in the Freemax Scylla? If so I plan on purchasing it, if not I'll probably get an Aspire Trition. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a question regarding the Freemax Scylla tank. It's says it backwards compatible with the Freemax Star coils, I've heard the Aspire coils work in the Freemax Star, and I've also heard that the Vaporesso cCell coils are compatible with Aspire tanks. So my question is, can I use all those different coils in the Freemax Scylla? If so I plan on purchasing it, if not I'll probably get an Aspire Trition. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.
There's a sticky in the coils thread that list 23 tanks that have interchangeable Atlantis style coils

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Part of the reason I don't care for them. I ran into the same thing and I don't do high vg. I use freemax starre coils in the tank and I like them a lot better.

Hey Kimber.

Are you using the freemax starre coils in a Vaporesso tank?

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Second post here. lots of great info.

I have 2 Vaporesso tanks and am mainly using the Vaporesso ccell Kanthal .9 ohm coils.

I have just gone thru 3 vaporesso ccell kanthal coils and could not get them to wick at all. I primed them, let one sit in the tank overnight, saturated the other two and let them sit for 30 minutes and all 3 still taste burnt, dry and like, well, taste really bad.

I had a ccell NI .2 ohm that I tried and it was tasting bad so I put it in the little bag it came in and when the 3 Kanthal coils burned up I put the Ni into a tank. I had to try something cause I was out of coils. While it is not producing great flavor it will hold me until I can get more coils.

I had one Kanthal I primed the standard way and it is producing great flavor and very acceptable cloud.

Has anyone found the trick to priming the ccell coils?

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey Kimber.

Are you using the freemax starre coils in a Vaporesso tank?
Yes , that's what I use. I hate those ceramic coils,, too cool for me. The starre coils work really well for me.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone found the trick to priming the ccell coils?

I read elsewhere that someone mentioned having some success with priming by squirting a bit of juice into the little hex holes and a couple of small drops down the middle onto the ceramic... then install and close off the airholes before doing a few dry primer pulls.

I really like the Kanthal cCells personally ... great flavor and long lasting.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I read elsewhere that someone mentioned having some success with priming by squirting a bit of juice into the little hex holes and a couple of small drops down the middle onto the ceramic... then install and close off the airholes before doing a few dry primer pulls.

I like them when they work! The taste is great but I have not gotten one to last longer than 10 days yet.

I will try the suggestion you heard about when I change my coil next time.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I for got to ask you.

What wattage are you using with the .9 kanthal?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What wattage are you using with the .9 kanthal?

I start them at 25w and bump up from there once I get the coil worked in good. I'm surprised you are only getting 10 days out of yours ... I've been using the same one for over a month now. Granted it isn't the only tank/coil I use but it sees plenty of use. What kind of juice are you using?

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I start them at 25w and bump up from there once I get the coil worked in good. I'm surprised you are only getting 10 days out of yours ... I've been using the same one for over a month now. Granted it isn't the only tank/coil I use but it sees plenty of use. What kind of juice are you using?

Thanks I will try starting at 25 and see how that works.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes , that's what I use. I hate those ceramic coils,, too cool for me. The starre coils work really well for me.

Weird. I've been through nearly 20 Starre coils and have not had a good experience yet. Anything over 60 watts and it's burnt hit city. I've tried 60/40, 70/30, 80/20 and even poked holes in them. However, at 60 watts they work quite well and have great flavor. Despite that, I stopped buying them and just use aspire coils. I love my Starre tank though, the original, not that POS pro that I gave away to a poor unsuspecting friend :)

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Interesting about the Aspire coils. Maybe I should pick one or two up to try them. Which coil would you use in a Target tank? The ones for the Atlantis?

I am wanting to love Vaporesso ccell coils. That is why I bought a second Target Tank.

When the coils are good you can't beat the flavor. When the coils are bad they are bad.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Was watching one of the reviews of the ccell coil and the dude has a .9 ohm kanthal. Says when priming the ccell to let it sit for a couple of hours.

I have one brand new .2 ohm Ni 200 ccell.

I have saturated the coil with juice. Put some juice in the wicking holes and have placed it in a small zip lock bag. I will let it sit a bit and put some more juice in it. Let it sit a bit more then put it in a tank to see what happens.

Currently have a .9 ohm kanthal ccell at 31 watts and flavor is good so far. Have had this coil in a tank and been vaping on it for a week. Seems like flavor is not quite as good as when it was brand new. Guess that might be expected?

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So... I let the coil soak overnight in the the little bag and put it in one of My Target Tanks. Closed the air vent and dry hit it 5 or 6 times.

1st hit was not good but not that burnt nasty taste I have gotten several times.

After about half a tank the coil is producing some decent flavor.

I'm gonna change juice to see what the flavor is like.

Side note: Was at the local vape shop and bought a Crown tank. Holy mother of all that is holy! What great flavor! So this is what vaping is supposed to be like.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So... I let the coil soak overnight in the the little bag and put it in one of My Target Tanks. Closed the air vent and dry hit it 5 or 6 times.

1st hit was not good but not that burnt nasty taste I have gotten several times.

After about half a tank the coil is producing some decent flavor.

I'm gonna change juice to see what the flavor is like.

Side note: Was at the local vape shop and bought a Crown tank. Holy mother of all that is holy! What great flavor! So this is what vaping is supposed to be like.
^^THIS^^. I just got a crown tank too!!! Pretty fabulous!

VU Sponsors