Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
fa21f7d893f784f480cf06f774f26304.gif

..:)....................................................................

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finished the beans & rice this morning. Mammy is over on the bed. Got to do laundry in a bit & take out the trash. Tentatively planning to grocery shop Wednesday morning. Dreading that, costs are outrageous, understating it.

Thinking about looking into some fully remote work, I can do in slack time. Working a full-time and part-time job are just not cutting it. Not sure what shall become of the future, and at this point not too concerned. Living in the Now, is difficult enough without worrying of the future or stumbling over the past.

Still good to go, merely in a state quite likely most of us are in, befuddled over living anymore. I guess, as Churchill told that first commando applies, "Going through Hell? ... Good, keep going." All any of us may do, move forward.

Yep, talked out again. *grin* It isn't lack of something to say, rather more in line with taking care on how and what is said. Y'all continue in the best for yourselves. I'll keep working on radiating love & light. Run 'er slow.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I drink Instant AND reg coffee. I first have the instant so I can make the regular.
(Steven Wright)

I have to take care of Mom some mornings even before I have my coffee and I have to use my inner strength to make my coffee at times. Most times it is already perking but not made yet. If it is sometimes I can't have any until she is taken care of~! If I really need coffee that bad there is always the Nespresso Machine~! Pop in a Pod and put a cup under it~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Friday this week saw an assembly in the gym, which is named "the jungle". That was 2:15 to 3:15, then, at 6 PM we had a basket ball "clinic" until 8. I had to facilitate chairs out then, up for the assembly.

It was an interesting experience. The students actually helped with the chairs. All I needed to do was provide a little oversight. Felt good to be heard, respected.

Have I said I like the new school I'm working at, now? *grin* There is a world of difference between the two schools. I am still being reserved, cautious. Still, nice to feel part of a team.

Two other custodians actually do help a good deal. Of course, I also pitch in to help as needed. That's what a team is about.

Well, seems I'm talked out again. Everyone stay well and run 'er slow.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Interesting toxicology question, if anyone may.

I know one can boil birch bark and get a rough estimate of aspirin. What I would like to know is, what one could add to boiled birch bark to invoke flu symptoms?

No, I am not attempting to do this for any nefarious reasons.

A little context for us. When I go on my web surfing and reading, studying binges, I like to consult multiple sources. I read with an open mind, not looking particularlly for anything. What I do is find threads, follow links, put bits together and wonder.

Years ago I read that what is now a big BRAND NAME aspirin maker had been a German chemistry, pharmacology lab. This BRAND NAME company upon coming to America and becoming BRAND NAME went around giving out tins of their asprin pills, with no dosage info, no side effect listing, no information at all.

People were only told it was a panacea, for all ails. Well folks started eating it up like candy. A few sources put this at around the time of the Spanish Flu. They also stated there was no way to be sure which deaths were from aspirin, or the actual flu. Ah, now can we maybe see where that's going?

This has been a wonder for some time. I do know how to use search engines. Still it elludes me because I'm being made to come out from the angle of "home remedies for flu, headace, colds", and not from an engineering, or mixing angle. Figured we got a few toxicologists around who might know a better way to deduce that. TIA.

Quote: "You're not educated by commiting everything to rote. You're educated if someone takes time and shows you how to form questions, know where to go to look stuff up, ask questions." --- My welding instructor

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Interesting toxicology question, if anyone may.

I know one can boil birch bark and get a rough estimate of aspirin. What I would like to know is, what one could add to boiled birch bark to invoke flu symptoms?

No, I am not attempting to do this for any nefarious reasons.

A little context for us. When I go on my web surfing and reading, studying binges, I like to consult multiple sources. I read with an open mind, not looking particularlly for anything. What I do is find threads, follow links, put bits together and wonder.

Years ago I read that what is now a big BRAND NAME aspirin maker had been a German chemistry, pharmacology lab. This BRAND NAME company upon coming to America and becoming BRAND NAME went around giving out tins of their asprin pills, with no dosage info, no side effect listing, no information at all.

People were only told it was a panacea, for all ails. Well folks started eating it up like candy. A few sources put this at around the time of the Spanish Flu. They also stated there was no way to be sure which deaths were from aspirin, or the actual flu. Ah, now can we maybe see where that's going?

This has been a wonder for some time. I do know how to use search engines. Still it elludes me because I'm being made to come out from the angle of "home remedies for flu, headace, colds", and not from an engineering, or mixing angle. Figured we got a few toxicologists around who might know a better way to deduce that. TIA.

Quote: "You're not educated by commiting everything to rote. You're educated if someone takes time and shows you how to form questions, know where to go to look stuff up, ask questions." --- My welding instructor
Sorry, I'm not a toxicologist, didn't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night... @Jimi may have something up his sleeve though.

VU Sponsors