Too much/too little?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's okay to call me, M3.
M3 it is then ;)

Another truly to each his own thing. I've always thought of vaping as a smoking substitute. Have never thought I "quit" smoking, just vape instead. I've switched back and forth multiple times even for extended periods. There are other addictive chemicals in tobacco besides nic. That makes them the true monster they are.
So I transition and don't really worry about if I have another cig or not, too much to stress about. Maybe it's just me...
I don't worry about M3 rubbing some snuff either....

Bob's step daughter just hit Bob's wife's car with her SUV. Bob looks away, lowers head, Bob says FUCK.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
M3 it is then ;)

Another truly to each his own thing. I've always thought of vaping as a smoking substitute. Have never thought I "quit" smoking, just vape instead. I've switched back and forth multiple times even for extended periods. There are other addictive chemicals in tobacco besides nic. That makes them the true monster they are.
So I transition and don't really worry about if I have another cig or not, too much to stress about. Maybe it's just me...
I don't worry about M3 rubbing some snuff either....

Bob's step daughter just hit Bob's wife's car with her SUV. Bob looks away, lowers head, Bob says FUCK.

Still rarely enjoy a cigarette. Often, stood alongside firefighters who had to have a smoke after bing in a smoke filled environment. Lots of EMTs smoke, nurses and doctors as well.

Every once in a bit, there's just an urge for combusted smoke. Will have my vape, ask FIL for a cig. Have to let the dry smoke in to draw out other stuff once in a while. The snuff, well, imagine a five-year-old country boy hearing "uncle puts it in to go to work. We're going to work, let's do what uncle does."

That from a friend about the same age. It only seemed to make sense. Then, later on, say nine or ten, you pick it back up and do it on up into high school. Seeing how much nicotine more is in snuff, no wonder country folk get so addicted. And long cut is simply "slake" processed out further to not have so much waste. Even fine cut is the same. I think powdered is its own process.

Sees car mishap, hangs head, sighs. Knows Bob has far tougher life stuff to worry over. Knows M3 does as well, forgives himself of some indulgence. People are human animals, after all. Forgive my borrowing Tossing Gourd's (what M3 calls Smashing Pumpkins) song line, but it often fits, ... "despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage".

I kind of look at vaping as cessation, yet also as a substitute. A person is still using nicotine, unless they go to 0 nicotine. At that point I just sit wondering, scratching my noggin and other unmentionable areas, I may even grunt a "hmmm".

"This old world, she a take a all kinds my son. She a be around long after you and me go away, been here long before we were. Son, that be a the world for ya." --- My moms.

Same mom that oddly insisted her boys be brought up to age 18 knowing Christianity, never though stopped us exploring other beliefs. When we each turned 18, "the choice is yours to be baptized Christian or not, I didn't baptize you, as it was my choice as well." For her being a Christian, she holds to a lot of my grandmother's familial Naturalism, Gardenia Wicca. Ah well, "takes all kinds". :)

Last edited:
Hello friends
Bought a mod this weekend. It's a GeekVape M100. Pretty nice little mod. I really like it. And I know I said I'm not a cloud chaser, but maybe I am a little. I like some cloud. Maybe because it reminds me of smoking....and actually a bigger cloud than smoking. Anyways, it comes with a .2 ohm coil installed, and there is also a .6 ohm in the box. The tank could be a little bit bigger. 3.5ml doesn't get me very far. The gal there at the shop (she's been there 6 yrs+ and really knows her shit) set me up. I had told her that I was missing the throat hit that I couldn't get from the pod. She said the mod would definitely take care of that. She suggested we start kind of low on the nic. I got a 12ml bottle - a flavor of my liking ( I like grape) - with 70/30 mix and 6mg nicotine. Free base. Not salt. Really performs great. I like it a lot! You guys can help me on this....I think I need more nicotine. I KNOW I do. I just didn't find it satisfying me...it did but I had to do it a LOT. Seriously...I am already done with the 12ml bottle...and I just got it Saturday afternoon late. I vaped a lot! As a matter of fact, the counter on it shows 293 puffs. Assuming it started at 0 because it was brand new. That was saturday evening and I have less than a half a tank now. So 293 puffs in 2 1/2 days. I think I wouldn't use it so much if there were more nicotine. Right? When I have a cigarette, I feel the nicotine hit my throat...like a slight burn...you guys know. And this mod does pretty good but I think more nic would be better. It's set at 42 watts....which was about where I ran my T-Priv I used to have.
So...thoughts?

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Gotta be honest,haven't been a fan of the brand Geekvape for awhile.

Last review i did for them was the Z200 kit.
I really did like the mod but as of late the QC on the Z coils was abysmal,i used the 0.4 ohm coils and they weren't bad perse but out of a box of 5 coils 1 at least was a dud.

Personally i would keep the mod but ditch the tank,got better sub-ohm tanks out there.
Willing to bet that with a proper coil and some good wattage you won't be craving that nic so much,6mg nic is a good amount.

The tank that comes with the M100 kit has 4 different coils to choose from,could try the other 3 and see how it goes.

A couple of other tank options:

Vaporesso iTank 1 or 2
They both use the GTi coils which aren't bad,0.4 Ohm (50-60w) i used those for a while but wasn't a fan of the top cap fill system the iTank (1 and 2) has so i used the GTi coils with the Hellbeast 2 (much better tank and the coils are compatible).
And you can get a bubble glass of 5ml for the Hellbeast 2,1.5ml than what you have at the moment.

UForce Tank L by Voopoo,awesome tank and it uses PnP coils,very good quality coils and a wide selection to choose from:

coils.JPG

Couldn't find it in English,but Sales de Nicotina means Salts and E-liquids Tradicionales means just freebase.

Those are the 2 tanks/coils i have the most experience with,probably some other folks can chime in and add a couple more to the list.

And about chugging e-liquid don't worry about it,its not like you smoking and keep in mind when you use a sub ohm tank it will use more e-liquid than a MTL Tank or disposable,that is normal.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Here's my thoughts.

I met an astrophysicist the other day and man, he really knows his shit.

The thing about kits is, the tank is always lackluster and or not as good as if buying better separately and for the same $. Ppl look at the mod and think ooo yeah, I like that one, aaand it comes with a tank - thinking its a bonus. Because they don't know any better. And don't find out. At least from anyone besides the salesman. Bet she didn't tell you that.

The rest we've already said.

Let me know when you get to 9 or 12mg.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Gotta be honest,haven't been a fan of the brand Geekvape for awhile.

Last review i did for them was the Z200 kit.
I really did like the mod but as of late the QC on the Z coils was abysmal,i used the 0.4 ohm coils and they weren't bad perse but out of a box of 5 coils 1 at least was a dud.

Personally i would keep the mod but ditch the tank,got better sub-ohm tanks out there.
Willing to bet that with a proper coil and some good wattage you won't be craving that nic so much,6mg nic is a good amount.

The tank that comes with the M100 kit has 4 different coils to choose from,could try the other 3 and see how it goes.

A couple of other tank options:

Vaporesso iTank 1 or 2
They both use the GTi coils which aren't bad,0.4 Ohm (50-60w) i used those for a while but wasn't a fan of the top cap fill system the iTank (1 and 2) has so i used the GTi coils with the Hellbeast 2 (much better tank and the coils are compatible).
And you can get a bubble glass of 5ml for the Hellbeast 2,1.5ml than what you have at the moment.

UForce Tank L by Voopoo,awesome tank and it uses PnP coils,very good quality coils and a wide selection to choose from:

View attachment 205905

Couldn't find it in English,but Sales de Nicotina means Salts and E-liquids Tradicionales means just freebase.

Those are the 2 tanks/coils i have the most experience with,probably some other folks can chime in and add a couple more to the list.

And about chugging e-liquid don't worry about it,its not like you smoking and keep in mind when you use a sub ohm tank it will use more e-liquid than a MTL Tank or disposable,that is normal.
Those freebase coils you have listed there, that's a great assortment to dial in a vape with. 6 coils from .15 to .6 isn't that common. I can RDL a .8 in a rebuildable & I don't know how big the hole is in their .8 but I speculate it can do RDL w/freebase. Which would make it 7.

Ah well. Thought I was doing something good. Should have followed my instinct and your suggestions. Someone suggested the VooPoo's and they did have them. They were about 40 dollars less. I just thought I was doing a good thing getting something a little bit more and it'd be a little bit better. Plus my friend that has one has had her GeekVape for a while now. But since it looks like I can get bigger tanks and different coils, all still is not lost. I'd definitely like a bigger tank (the way I am vaping right now)...hopefully that would help. And maybe some higher nicotine. I don't think I'm getting enough. I have all this nic salt juice that I had just bought. Okay to run that through this one? Get it used up?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
You did good. You DID go to freebase, which was a must. And you like the vape better than the old vape. .6 on salts is .6 on salts. Cant do same and expect different. Could get zero or 3mg nic and add your salt to it to make it higher than 3mg, in 3mg increments and small batch at a time till you get to the nic level that satisfies you without chain vaping. Remember freebase juice is sold by 3's, like 3mg. 6mg, 9mg, etc

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Those freebase coils you have listed there, that's a great assortment to dial in a vape with. 6 coils from .15 to .6 isn't that common. I can RDL a .8 in a rebuildable & I don't know how big the hole is in their .8 but I speculate it can do RDL w/freebase. Which would make it 7.

The long list of different coils is one of the reasons i like to recommend any tank that uses PnP coils.
Voopoo excel with these coils,they almost good as Freemax but Freemax just doesn't seem to expand their market,can barely get them coils here in Spain.
Ah well. Thought I was doing something good. Should have followed my instinct and your suggestions. Someone suggested the VooPoo's and they did have them. They were about 40 dollars less. I just thought I was doing a good thing getting something a little bit more and it'd be a little bit better. Plus my friend that has one has had her GeekVape for a while now. But since it looks like I can get bigger tanks and different coils, all still is not lost. I'd definitely like a bigger tank (the way I am vaping right now)...hopefully that would help. And maybe some higher nicotine. I don't think I'm getting enough. I have all this nic salt juice that I had just bought. Okay to run that through this one? Get it used up?

No worries,we all been there.
The important stuff you got,nice mod that will last you a long time if you take care of it.

I wouldn't recommend using nic salts with the tank/coils you got at the moment,could do some DIY and just add some of nic salts you got to your freebase so you can get some more nic but don't over do it.

The way i see it you got 2 choices:

a) choose MTL or RDL/DL and stick with one of them,that means using the correct e-liquid for each style of vaping.
MTL>Nic Salts
RDL/DL>Freebase

b)Use the RDL/DL tank/coils with freebase e-liquid and keep around an MTL pod,tank or whatever for that special time you need a big hit,some people do this.

Friend of mine at the bank squonks and doesn't like MTL but sometimes she just needs that wham, bam, thank you ma'am type of hit so she stealthily goes into the bathroom at the bank and takes a quick puff or two.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
done with the 12ml bottle.
In 2 1/2 days, that's not that much, hell @Vape Fan clocks that before lunch, lol

You can try 9mg if you can find it, I don't see it much. Vape Fan will have to find some online just to prove me wrong....
That's allright... Still think 12mg DL would be too harsh but you never know till you try it.

It's frustrating looking for the same effect as a cigarette from vaping. You won't get it. There are other addictive chemicals in tobacco plus lord knows what else the companies put in to turbo charge it besides ammonia.
Google "whole tobacco alkaloids"

Keep the faith

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use the RDL/DL tank/coils with freebase e-liquid and keep around an MTL pod,tank or whatever for that special time you need a big hit,some people do this.
:yes:
What Bob took to work today:
2 squonks 6mg freebase
2 pods one 30mg salts one 12mg freebase
1 MTL RTA 12mg freebase
1 disposable 50mg salts.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
:yes:
2 squonks 6mg freebase
1 MTL RTA 12mg freebase
1 disposable 50mg salts.
You got it bad, dont you... :giggle:

I can vape the same mod, same atty, same juice for 2 weeks.
I mean, I smoked the same cig for most of the 41 yrs....

2 squonks 6mg freebase
1 MTL RTA 12mg freebase
1 disposable 50mg salts.
LOL...I'll be there soon! I've been looking around for a little someting...I thought like a camera case or something that I could tote around wherever I go to always have my stuff with me.

You got it bad, dont you... :giggle:

I can vape the same mod, same atty, same juice for 2 weeks.
OH yeah...he does...and I do too. After 35 years "If it keeps me off cigarettes.." is the thing I keep in my mind. And I'm not off yet. Transitioning to non-smoker/full time vapor. I'm a hybrid at the moment. My smoking''s cut more than in half now. 12 cigs to 4 cigs a day. In a week. I just gotta get it straight and be prepared. Otherwise if I get caught and run out of juice or battery, I will freak out and first thing I'll end up doing is going to the nearest C-store and buy a pack.

I still have my Nord and plan on keeping it around for the moment of "bigger hits" or also for the moment I run out of juice or battery on the new mod.
I'd think the vape shop could mix some 9mg. They mix probably 80% of their stuff to whatever you want.

Still liking something that can just drop in my pocket...another reason I got the geekvape...small enough for that and won't stick out the top of my pocket. That's a concern I have about the other higher-capacity tanks. And I did take a look at the suggestions and I know it'd help because of better coils too. Man I see people with these huge ass vapes. Probably some hand-crafter DIY's. Nah...not me.

Yeah getting too picky now trying to have my cake and eat it too. If another tank is not gonna be that much bigger (taller) than what I have, then I'd probably give it a shot. I just don't know what with the sizes and don't want my vape to look like a bobble-head with a small mod with a big head on top. Just sayin' :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

LOL Last day of year forty-one, you learn how to light it? *grin*
Sorry, kind of irresistible.

70/30 mix and 6mg nicotine. Free base. Not salt. Really performs great. I like it a lot! You guys can help me on this....I think I need more nicotine. I KNOW I do. I just didn't find it satisfying me...it did but I had to do it a LOT.

I know I might get trounced but, see about some 12 mg per ml nicotine. Others might suggest 9 mg, but can tell you sometimes folks do need more nicotine. I've vaped 18 mg per ml almost all the time, save a few times trying to "step down" to 12 mg, the lower nicotine just doesn't sate me.
That's a concern I have about the other higher-capacity tanks.
Bah. Gave up "tanks" and "pods" years ago. For myself, tanks and pods seem to mute flavors and require too much effort for too little a return. I'm talking about getting the vacuum just right inside the tank and the wick, coil, air. For myself, that is just too much.

I wick an RDA, might fidget with wick a bit after vaping it a few days, might adjust air, or not given I've found my sweet spot. Get really great results most of the time. For me, it's about K.I.S.S.

Mind you, I might have a few "tanks" around I might dust off and use now and again. I just don't get all too fired on using them. I and tanks, yeah, that's more or less a no.

Also, I don't bother with stealth vaping. I'm a grown ass adult man. I got no need to sneak around vaping. You don't like vaping? Don't do it, but do not condemn someone who does, nor try cramming your beliefs on them. I don't care for religion or politics for the same reasons.

Want to help my health? Leave me the fuck alone. Again, grown ass man. I'm capable to decide health related stuff for myself, thanks. I mean this generally and not directed at you specifically. Do not think, feel, you're proselytizing.

Hopefully, you don't get that from me either. I'm only expressing my experience with using RDAs. I think you might like them based off your postings. That's the only reason I seem to keep suggesting them. Won't keep :deadhorse:, though. Everyone can choose what they like.

P.S. & N.B.: Forgive my "live editing", I'm often quite tired from working two jobs. I sometimes forget words, mismatch stuff, or flat out foot in mouth. I'm a human being animal, we're all a bit faulty. My point? I'm seeking to post my best, and sometimes I need to keep scribbling a little here and there.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's fine... just avoid vaping around children.
Technically, it is school policies for no tobacco or vaping. In some cases, it's let slide if you're not "stupid" with it. Having it openly around kids is stupid. If I got a rub of snuff, I'd be around kids. Then, I'd also use professional discretion to step off every so often to make unseen use of a spit bottle, or bathroom toilet.

I'm not going to glorify any nicotine use to kids, nor will I report any by kids doing anyway. Not my place & not a snitch. I also will respectfully steer away from pregnant ladies, the elderly or severely infirm from disease (even some differently abled with mental issues). Because I do something, does not mean it is for everyone else. Conversely, just because everyone else jumps off a cliff, does not mean I need to as well.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
hey, @michaeljmt , and anyone.
This co has juice in the following mg

So if your looking to get you nic right, and you've got 3, you could meove to 6 - becasue you can always vape more if its not enough then buy the next one up, like 9.

i couldn't believe the shipping. they sell in 60ml and 2 of'em is $4 shipping, 4 is $8, stopped checking there. And 40% off for next couple days.
Code: Freedom

( Hi @BobsHere :teehee:;))

Thanks for the info! It's been a rough couple of weeks but I've still stood my ground and still vaping. I am still in hybrid mode. Still having a few cigs a day but vaping all the rest of the time. It is getting easier and I will get there. I think I've found my happy place. I'm at 12mg. I still find that if I do too much at a time it will make me feel like I can't catch my breath. Nic overload probably. Getting used to the fact that "I won't feel it now, but give it 5-10 minutes" is different and takes self-discipline. Still using the higher level nic to try to combat the urges. I started at 6, went to 9, then 12. I'm okay with that. Again, getting used to vaping some and then waiting and it'll hit. Coming from a 35-year smoker...yeah I'm used to it hitting right away. It's easier when I am at work. Don't vape as much and for not as long. But when I am at home, the damn thing is right in my hand or right next to me. So I tend to vape a LOT more.

VU Sponsors