Become a Patron!

The "Real" N.E.T. & Herbal Thread.. ;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
My thread for real tobacco and herbal extractions.. let's do this..

If you are playing with real non company produced tobaccos, or other herbals and want to talk about it.. here is our spot.. I'd love to see people chatting on this and sharing in their adventures.. Please, NO HANGSEN or other flavor company nets.. unless they are made with OUT synthetic procedures.. thanks! :D

@fsors I hope you might want to share here too.. love the samples you sent to me.. you did excellent! :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ok to move my small post.. this is what I started last night:

me.. I am doing an acid cigar..
this time.. changing it up a bit..
1 menthol crystal
around a handful of chopped cigar.. no scales so.. *shrugs
but this time..
1 cinnamon stick
vg to cover..
in the crock pot for over night

will let it sit up for 1 week..

*update.. took it out of my crock pot this morning.. the cinnamon stick has already crumbed.. which is good! and the one menthol crystal has dissolved, since i can not seem to find it..I did not dump any of the cigar, but I did top off with a half and half of 151 and some more vg to fill my half pint jar up a bit more.. i stired and shook it around a bit, and strained a 1ml syringe.. and tossed it into a 5ml bottle with the rest vg..

light, very light.. so I hope this one week steep might help it a bit better..

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That sound great!

I have often thought that a herbal vape might be a great thing.

For some reason Oregano comes to mind as an ingredient?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Wow, just freaking WOW!

With just a drop or dram of WTF thrown in for good measure :D

And if you throw in just one more well known Herb in there, it would be an instant hit in Colorado!

And just a dash of paste for flavor!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, just freaking WOW!

With just a drop or dram of WTF thrown in for good measure :D

And if you throw in just one more well known Herb in there, it would be an instant hit in Colorado!

And just a dash of paste for flavor!

(lmao dat green stuff???) :rolleyes:

I'd like to do the sage like I did my ginger.. a mix of 151 and everclear.. on low heat for 3 hours.. until it is reduced by 2/3..
cool it down and then top with some vg and let stand for a week.. shaking 2 times a day.. then strain..
I bet it would be fab!:D

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That sound AWESOME

But how does that vape compared to a standard PG/VG mix?

I am not familiar with that process. I have heard of doing something similar with PG in a crock pot but not this method.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
UncleRJ.. see I can't deal with too much pg.. makes me cough and worse..

it takes a bit longer for vg, but to me, it is worth it.. the ginger i did, compared to NF's ginger is just about on par..
mine turned out a bit stronger.. which by it's self is not a bad thing.. just proud of me..

however, i did have to do up the ginger in what I call a double batch.. meaning I used this method, then i had to repeat it, using the same stock of vg, with fresh ginger, after a week.. i have not noticed any changes, but you do have to keep a watch on any funky growths etc.. if you see anything like that, toss it out and repeat.. extremely important to keep your eyes out for that..

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I wished I had taken some nice pix from start to go..
will try for next time. will be doing a new batch next week.. some ginger mint.. perhaps?
not sure, but will lay out pix as much as I can.. I have a rather crappy cell phone with no flash :confused:

just checked my cigar.. did a good shake.. I think by tomorrow it will be ready to go :) YAY!!

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok Smoky i started a batch of tea maybe you should repost that recipe here. I didnt have any spirits in the house so doing with out for now. Will pick some up and re make but I just wanted to try the tea,

I like sweet tea so I am sure I will have to add a little EM.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Whoops^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I see you linked it above ,,,sorry

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dont use it often, but it does act as a flavor enhancer as well and I am not opposed to using it......kinda like msg in food. I may not need any thing with my vg content. I will try it later this afternoon.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
it also tends to mute.. if you use in small amounts it can smooth..
but tea really doesn't need it..

make 2 bottles..
one with em
one with sweetener

and see if you can find the differences :)

olderthandirt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got about 2lb of Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Best Brown #2 remaining from me pipe smokin' days. It's well aged (-;
I've read several threads regarding tobacco extraction, 'bout to the point of giving it shot meself.

Any of you "old hands" at making NET's care to give a rundown on how you'd work with a flake tobacco such as this?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Depends on which way you want to go with this, hot or cold?
to go for max flavor.. I would do a cold.. personally..

find a small mason jar..
cling wrap
I'd use vg, but you may want pg..
do you have a grinder? if not, no worries.. hand shredding is fine..
cheese cloth or old t-shirt..
and that's it.. unless you want to speed up the steep.. everclear/151 rum

take your tobacco and pick it apart
you want it to look as small as this.. but not! fine grounded..
GT.jpg

take that and put it in your jar..

then cover it with your vg/pg till it is covered up for a inch above your tobacco..
if you want to add your everclear/151 rum, do so now and give it a good shake..
now.. you are set.. shake every day, 2-3 times a day..

test it after 3 days.. if it's good.. vape it.. if it is week.. then..

drain your liquids from the jar using 400ss mesh..
add more fresh ground tobacco to your jar, and put the old fluid back in.. make sure it is covered again, up to a inch on top..
shake 3 times a day.. test after 3 and repeat..

some "soaks" I know have gone on as long as 6 months.. it really depends on you, and what you expect out of your extract.

olderthandirt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good thumbnail Smoky, thanks.
Speed of process not an issue, cold process sounds the simplest. Makes that a good choice for this ol bag o' bones.

Just how fine to rub out the flakes was one of the biggest grey areas for me. So, rub em' out just to the point where the tobacco ribbons are fully separated from each other then.

I tend to have issues with PG so I'll be going with the VG.
I use vodka as a thinner in my other VG liquids, so for the soak does 90/10 or 80/20 VG/vodka sound about right?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'd go with 90vg 10 alcohol, for the first time..
see how that works.. test it every 3 days.. if you want to speed it up, go with 80vg 20 alcohol..

you don't want to go above the 20% alcohol.. otherwise, you will have to go with a heat method.
make sure you put that layer of plastic wrap between the lid and jar too.. keep it sealed!! :)

olderthandirt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a plan then Smoky.
Not much left at this point other than to get up offn' me butt and get a batch started.

fsors

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just saw this! Great Thread Smoky...........pg has more solvent like properties than vg so for those who can tolerate & or enjoy pg, I would do the soak in pg as it will quicken the process. Hope I can try your Blondie Cigar NET Smoky! I had some Blondie Cigar NET and, some out of this world Rum Raisin NET, from another friend about a year ago.........delicious, on both accounts, and that's what inspired me to finally give making my own NET's. May this thread go on and on!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ok to move my small post.. this is what I started last night:

me.. I am doing an acid cigar..
this time.. changing it up a bit..
1 menthol crystal
around a handful of chopped cigar.. no scales so.. *shrugs
but this time..
1 cinnamon stick
vg to cover..
in the crock pot for over night

will let it sit up for 1 week..

*update.. took it out of my crock pot this morning.. the cinnamon stick has already crumbed.. which is good! and the one menthol crystal has dissolved, since i can not seem to find it..I did not dump any of the cigar, but I did top off with a half and half of 151 and some more vg to fill my half pint jar up a bit more.. i stired and shook it around a bit, and strained a 1ml syringe.. and tossed it into a 5ml bottle with the rest vg..

light, very light.. so I hope this one week steep might help it a bit better..

still on the light side.. so tomorrow.. will change out the tobacco from the cigar..
the mint did not stick to it too well, but it did dissolve.. the cinnamon is good, but it's light..
so one more mint crystal and one cinnamon stick.. topping off this time with 151 white rum..
will give it another 3 days..

Just saw this! Great Thread Smoky...........pg has more solvent like properties than vg so for those who can tolerate & or enjoy pg, I would do the soak in pg as it will quicken the process. Hope I can try your Blondie Cigar NET Smoky! I had some Blondie Cigar NET and, some out of this world Rum Raisin NET, from another friend about a year ago.........delicious, on both accounts, and that's what inspired me to finally give making my own NET's. May this thread go on and on!

thanks @fsors your's made me want to get back into the nets too.. so a huge thanks for this..
I had forgotten how much fun..
depending on how this cigar turns out.. can send you a bit ;)

I'm curious on the rum raisin.. I did have some rum & ginger going.. will see how that turns out too..
all I can say is thank goodness I have a small laundry room where I keep my nets going in my cabinet in there..
they are doing good.. :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some are using pure PGA for this, but, as was said above, you have to use a crock pot/heat to evaporate the alcohol off.
Doing this outside would be safer, with no open flames, obviously.
It appears to be less of a coil killer though, (so I've heard anyway).

I've got an Organic American Virginia whole leaf extract steeping in PG with a dash of vodka, (for about 2 weeks now).

olderthandirt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hard to imagine using straight PGA.
Just for shits and giggles, what would the entire process be for this?

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some are using pure PGA for this, but, as was said above, you have to use a crock pot/heat to evaporate the alcohol off.
Doing this outside would be safer, with no open flames, obviously.
It appears to be less of a coil killer though, (so I've heard anyway).

I've got an Organic American Virginia whole leaf extract steeping in PG with a dash of vodka, (for about 2 weeks now).

Please post your results! My whole leaf experiment went down the drain! Literally;) but I did not put any spirits..

From my tincturing days, a few decades ago. I had a few recipe books. They all said to not use alcohol with leafs, only root and other hard to extract woody parts of the plant. Other wise the alcohol would burn the volital oils.

I went on that assumption on my 1st cold masceration with cut up whole leaf tobacco and a little distilled water. However it came out very green and leafy tasting. Nothing like tobacco at all. Smoky thnks it was due to the distilled water and I tend to agree.

Joshua McCord

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
I'm extracting rare heirloom peppers. Massive throat hit, amazing flavor. Not meant for 24mg juice, but well worth it for bringing throat hit to PG-free low nic blends.

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got about 2lb of Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Best Brown #2 remaining from me pipe smokin' days. It's well aged (-;
I've read several threads regarding tobacco extraction, 'bout to the point of giving it shot meself.

Any of you "old hands" at making NET's care to give a rundown on how you'd work with a flake tobacco such as this?
I would use cheesecloth to put it in. I find it works great...

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another pearl of wisdom Doots, thanks.
Thanks Older, lol... i do all my cut tobacco this way.. large leaves from the entire leaf i use without, but find that the cheesecloth works so well with heat assisted method using pg. Most of the time I don't even strain after using it. Doesn't need it for my RDA use.. .

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.leafonly.com/
thought I would post this link for anyone that is looking for a good place to buy from..
I first ordered a 1 lb leaf from them and thought it would come in a small baggie,, Lol..
I won't make that mistake again.. I Got a huge box with enough leaf in it for a lifetime or more of use. Got a Burley..
I would suggest smallest amounts available and see if you like it first..

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
cheesecloth,a mesh strain, coffee filters.. i have seen people use ricers too..
and then follow up with a tip off a syringe and cotton/gauze in the bottom..

@fsors i did ruin the cigar :confused: left it too long in the pot and well it was not pretty..:oops:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Please post your results! My whole leaf experiment went down the drain! Literally;) but I did not put any spirits..

From my tincturing days, a few decades ago. I had a few recipe books. They all said to not use alcohol with leafs, only root and other hard to extract woody parts of the plant. Other wise the alcohol would burn the volital oils.

I went on that assumption on my 1st cold masceration with cut up whole leaf tobacco and a little distilled water. However it came out very green and leafy tasting. Nothing like tobacco at all. Smoky thnks it was due to the distilled water and I tend to agree.

What kind of whole leaf tobacco?
If it's home grown, too green, or not cured properly, it will taste grassy.

I used to use Vodka for tinctures, in fact I just recently used a syringe with cotton to suck out the juice from several I made in 1998, lol.
Finally got around to it, but haven't rendered them down with heat to make them concentrated.

Funny I heard just the opposite, that alcohol/water was the only way to get the "good stuff".
But heat will destroy certain alkaloids so...

Iso Alcohol is also used to make hemp oil, and then evaporated down to a brown goo which has been used to cure many things
like cancer, etc.http://phoenixtears.ca/
Hundreds of people have quit jobs and moved to Colorado for access to this miracle cure.

Each type of solvent used will extract "certain things", some taste good and some taste bad.
But never heard of using any water for tobacco extractions tho.
Most PG Cold extractions take 6+ weeks to come about, and then still need some steeping after mixing.
Coffee filters help to remove some of the bitter oils in the extract.
I've been following some threads on ECF about extracting nets for a while now.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
http://www.leafonly.com/
thought I would post this link for anyone that is looking for a good place to buy from..
I first ordered a 1 lb leaf from them and thought it would come in a small baggie,, Lol..
I won't make that mistake again.. I Got a huge box with enough leaf in it for a lifetime or more of use. Got a Burley..
I would suggest smallest amounts available and see if you like it first..

I got mine from them too, but the 1/4 pound version of Organic American Virginia...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

food for thought.. in order to make a umm Hash Oil.. they use solvent.. 100% alcohol..
so why wouldn't everclear work for a good tobby or cigar.. :D

will try to post up pix tonight.. but still working on my grass, house, and need to do inventory on my flavorings..
I have one that is turning out right.. this is one of my cold aging ones.. just some pipe tobacco I snagged from a mom and pop place..
but.. with the cinnamon and mint in it a bit heavier.. just curious as to why it wouldn't work with my acid blonde cigar..

Head scratching here.. :oops:

oh.. forgot.. I did do a strain on this pipe tobacco.. and all I used was a plain t-shirt..
I cut it up and put it over the top of my mason jar and using a rubber band to keep it in place..
maybe it is due that it is getting some air?? hmm.. will have to think again on this..

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am not sure, i didn't say it wouldnt work. I am just saying this, what I read that leaf is usually not used for tincturing but for teas an concotions.
From memory it said to only use acohol with roots and woody parts of the plant. also should be mixed with water to avoid buring of the alkaloids.
I dont remember if this was if using with leaf or not now?

also the solvents acohol is up in the 190-200 proof which is GPLC grade used in labs. Evoparates like hell. If you leave the cap off too long its gone!!!! No joke! Your better off to get some that is <190 proof.

i am not sure what everclear is. I think it is above 151 barcadi.

i will see if i can't find the books online and find the parts that state this. We may be getting mixed up between proof and percent also. Everclear would be the max you would wan to use. anything that is drinkable probably can be used.

*They just said to add water and it really wasnt neccesarry to use alcohol unless using woody stems and rhisoms. whatever that is?

I am not saying it will not work...just saying that it can burn some of the alkloids. *which maybe ok in this case because you are not after the alkloids like tincturing is?

I think they make the hash oil out of the stems and unsellable shake that no one wants to buy? They get very low yield from a lot of unusable parts of the plant. They use heat and pressure as well.

We maybe also getting the terms of proof and percentages mixed up between us too?

Regular Booze you buy to drink should be fine! but it did say not to go over 80 -90%,,going from memory here!

I have no experience with using this with tobacco at all. i am just repeating what I had read a long time ago.

Just like when they use to use tolulene(sp) and trycloreythelene to decafinate coffee years ago. Then they went with co2 and high pressure to extract the caffine out becaus it was causing cancer. I know countries like India, who are one of the larger producers of nicotine in the world use keroseone to extract there nicotine out of the tobacco leaves. Look it up! That is probably why there is a kerosoene taste to some of this nicotine. it may not be getting refined out?

@Heabob - you miss understood what I said, or i did not say it right. i only used a small percentage of water, I used over 350 ml of pg to cover, cutup wholeleaf tobacco for 3-5 weeks. I pulled samples off, I used the process on ECF you speak of! i use whole leaf tobacco. from wholeleaf.com
sayonara

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I am not sure, i didn't say it wouldnt work. I am just saying this, what I read that leaf is usually not used for tincturing but for teas an concotions.

You are right to a point.. there are a few ways to get the flavoring from tobacco, tea coffee etc.. and they all draw out certain "aspects" of flavoring.. this is why it is taking me so long to figure out where i am screwing up with a few of mine..

See I have 3 ways I am doing to one "leafy" item.. hoping to combine all 3 to put it back together.. if that makes sense and I am writing in hopes its not too confusing..

vg only
alcohol only
instead of using something like pga, i flipped mine, due to intollerance of pg, to vg and different percentages of alcohol..

then both doing a heat and a separate cold extract on all three

and then putting the extracts back together, in hopes I got all parts I want, and can replicate what I am working with..

From memory it said to only use acohol with roots and woody parts of the plant. also should be mixed with water to avoid buring of the alkaloids.
I dont remember if this was if using with leaf or not now?

if you are working with heat, and do not want to dilute your extract, or have a chance of mold, or any other bacterial issues to go on, avoid water.

also the solvents acohol is up in the 190-200 proof which is GPLC grade used in labs. Evoparates like hell. If you leave the cap off too long its gone!!!! No joke! Your better off to get some that is <190 proof.

i am not sure what everclear is. I think it is above 151 barcadi.

Everclear is 190 proof.. highest "legal" you can get.. happy i know some moonshiners :D

i will see if i can't find the books online and find the parts that state this. We may be getting mixed up between proof and percent also. Everclear would be the max you would wan to use. anything that is drinkable probably can be used.

*They just said to add water and it really wasnt neccesarry to use alcohol unless using woody stems and rhisoms. whatever that is?

I am not saying it will not work...just saying that it can burn some of the alkloids. *which maybe ok in this case because you are not after the alkloids like tincturing is?

See response above.. ;)

I think they make the hash oil out of the stems and unsellable shake that no one wants to buy? They get very low yield from a lot of unusable parts of the plant. They use heat and pressure as well.

@VaporJoes Not sure, but can we talk on the "big MJ" here?
If not, please have a mod edit this post..

Cessna.. ;) Hash oil.. comes from all parts of the plant, and different strains give different results.. I am by no means an expert at any of this, but I do my fair share on reading too, and find it well.. interesting. :p
refer again to the phoenixtears.ca site

We maybe also getting the terms of proof and percentages mixed up between us too?

actually, this is what I am playing with.. different alcohol to vg ratios.. proof, the amount of pure acohol, I would never get mixed.. I might be different from some, but when I drink.. I do not go for the wine coolers 90% of the time.. give me some good ol Irish Whiskey, the best bourbon.. and please.. keep the beer.. :p:D

Regular Booze you buy to drink should be fine! but it did say not to go over 80 -90%,,going from memory here!

I have no experience with using this with tobacco at all. i am just repeating what I had read a long time ago.

sometimes the purest alcohol has the best results..

Just like when they use to use tolulene(sp) and trycloreythelene to decafinate coffee years ago. Then they went with co2 and high pressure to extract the caffine out becaus it was causing cancer. I know countries like India, who are one of the larger producers of nicotine in the world use keroseone to extract there nicotine out of the tobacco leaves. Look it up! That is probably why there is a kerosoene taste to some of this nicotine. it may not be getting refined out?

Small word on nic production.. any mistreatment will result in darkening.. as it darkens, steeps, ages.. left out in a car, etc.. I do not care where it is purchased from, at the end of the abuse.. it will darken, it will have some kind of tobacco smell.. anything else.. dump your nic. India is the best.. it is the Chinese nic you need to pay attention to. There is only one lab in China that can do well.. the rest.. eh..

There is only 2 places in the entire world that produces nic.. China and India. Unless it is being done without government knowledge.. or google's lmao.. still.. when ever you have any kind of doubt.. like the old saying.. toss it out.

Hope this helps..

Last edited:

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made my first NET. I took it out of the hot summer car steep yesterday, after 2 weeks. I filtered it through a Chemex coffee filter, then through a syringe with cotton twice, and the through a syringe with 2 plies of 500 SS Mesh and cotton twice. It's still very dark and murky. I made up a 5ml batch at 12% NET. YUM. That said, it gunks up pretty quickly, and gets a singed pipe tobacco taste. Is this normal, or does it need more filtering?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I made my first NET. I took it out of the hot summer car steep yesterday, after 2 weeks. I filtered it through a Chemex coffee filter, then through a syringe with cotton twice, and the through a syringe with 2 plies of 500 SS Mesh and cotton twice. It's still very dark and murky. I made up a 5ml batch at 12% NET. YUM. That said, it gunks up pretty quickly, and gets a singed pipe tobacco taste. Is this normal, or does it need more filtering?

Sounds like it does :/ or.. you ground up your tobacco too fine to remove particles..
the other thing, when I do all of my filtering.. I let it sit for a good 6-8 hours and only take from the top, till I have rescued around 3/4 of the liquid.. trying to not disturb what is on the bottom.

you might want to run it thru your ss500 mesh filters one more time, then try using a tshirt and see what's left..

fsors

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would guess you are mixing it too strong try 2-3% and see what it tastes like

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would guess you are mixing it too strong try 2-3% and see what it tastes like
I don't think it would be strong enough at 3%, but I'll give it a try.

Sounds like it does :/ or.. you ground up your tobacco too fine to remove particles..
the other thing, when I do all of my filtering.. I let it sit for a good 6-8 hours and only take from the top, till I have rescued around 3/4 of the liquid.. trying to not disturb what is on the bottom.

you might want to run it thru your ss500 mesh filters one more time, then try using a tshirt and see what's left..
I'll try the t-shirt too. Thanks!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't grind it. It was just loose pipe tobacco.

kay.. yeps try the tshirt..
when I am taking up the liquid to be filtered into the syringe with the cotton ball.. I use another syringe to draw from the top only..
if you cut your percentage down too.. that will help.. if you do it right, you don't need but max 4-5% but start at 2-3% first..
it seems light, but it does work, depending on what you are working with.. herbals I start them out at 5 and either go down or up.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
hey @fsors
remember those sand filters you could take to the beach?? I am wondering if I could get like a pvc pipe, about the size or a mason jar..
cut it into like 3 pieces and put it on a wooden rack.. using the 3.. put like a section for the mesh, then one for a coffee filter, and last one would be tshirt..
with a area for a small bowl right underneath.. say you let it work over night.. if it would make things any easier??
it's my happy thought for the day :D

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Second NET trial today. Did some vanilla pipe. Splendid. 3 day hot car steep. :)

Much clearer than my first attempt, though still very dark. Mixed up a 7% batch, and added a little extra FA Vanilla Classic. Good choice.

Uncle and I are threatening to go to the cigar/pipe shop next week to buy a bunch of samples. He put up his first cigar NET tonight.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Second NET trial today. Did some vanilla pipe. Splendid. 3 day hot car steep. :)

Much clearer than my first attempt, though still very dark. Mixed up a 7% batch, and added a little extra FA Vanilla Classic. Good choice.

Uncle and I are threatening to go to the cigar/pipe shop next week to buy a bunch of samples. He put up his first cigar NET tonight.

How'd it turn out so far @Cramptholomew ??

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have nothing going on right now, but once things settle down will try again next month.. :oops:

VU Sponsors