The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet that's exactly what I did was put the rage firmware on there and there's no way to get to cut firmware back

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope you didn't download the firmware for the Desire Rage.
I was on the site the other day seeing if there was an upgrade and the one listed was confusing but I decided it was for the Rage and backed off.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
Yeah the only firmware upgrade for Desire mods on their site is for the rage. I'm assuming he accidentally flashed it with the wrong file. Absolutely no promises, but all is not NECESSARILY lost yet.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet that's exactly what I did was put the rage firmware on there and there's no way to get to cut firmware back

There MIGHT be. I sent Desire an email asking for the original file. If not there may be a way to get somebody to dump a copy of theirs to a PC. Maybe. That's step one. Can you post the instructions for flashing the mod when you get a chance?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The upgrade package is a self extracting executable file which is good. That means I was able to open it with peazip and I'm pretty sure I found the firmware file in there. If we can get our hands on the original Cut version, I can put it in the upgrader and there's a chance it can be flashed back to the right firmware.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to beat a guy up when he's down, but this happened because he did it wrong. First thing I did when I got my Aegis last week was upgrade the firmware :D
Oh yeah I messed up that's for sure. Heres the manual though. So it lead me to believe it was for the cut. I even read rage.like wtf. And didn't realize it until I'd left the house.
7095b28d0a0d7279f4dc98b1ac7b8d75.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah I messed up that's for sure. Heres the manual though. So it lead me to believe it was for the cut. I even read rage.like wtf. And didn't realize it until I'd left the house.
7095b28d0a0d7279f4dc98b1ac7b8d75.jpg

Found out what I need to know and it APPEARS that the ISP tool reads the chip and not the code which is good if I'm right. That means that the tool should see it even with the wrong firmware (or no firmware at all), which further means that it should see it again with the right firmware too.

Actually you can test this by following the instructions to the point where the the start button should become active. If it does then there's a really good chance that it can be resurrected if we can only get that original file.

EDIT: I left a message at the YouTube video asking for the .bin file too.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found out what I need to know and it APPEARS that the ISP tool reads the chip and not the code which is good if I'm right. That means that the tool should see it even with the wrong firmware (or no firmware at all), which further means that it should see it again with the right firmware too.

Actually you can test this by following the instructions to the point where the the start button should become active. If it does then there's a really good chance that it can be resurrected if we can only get that original file.

EDIT: I left a message at the YouTube video asking for the .bin file too.
The start button can become active if I press the +/- buttons I can then press start. Then it pops up an error box saying file size. Kid has the laptop right now but that's as far as I can get with it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The start button can become active if I press the +/- buttons I can then press start. Then it pops up an error box saying file size. Kid has the laptop right now but that's as far as I can get with it.

That's not as good as I'd hoped, but still not necessarily fatal. Can't do anything more without the original firmware file though.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's ironic is that the same lazy programming that didn't warn you and stop you from flashing the wrong mod may be the very thing that makes it savable, if it is.
Well I've already bought another. Same color. Not the same price but I should have it Monday. But if this works it's always nice to have two.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In today's vapemail..........I have the Profile RDA on it right now but the one it comes with is pretty decent! I just love the Profile though. Best RDA ever! View attachment 127752
This kit turned out to be way better than I expected.

It's probably a combination of sky high expectations and just personal preference with me and how I vape, because there's no way everybody else is wrong and I'm right, but I'm not blown away by the Profile. I actually like the Pulse 2 more. I almost feel guilty somehow.

View attachment 127762
Thank you @Tall Pines just arrived!

Check out his for sale thread http://vapingunderground.com/threads/10-sale.458789/#post-2369856

I left you feedback on the rating system. Thank you!
I love my original Drop.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Im suddenly feeling sick...cough cough...can i go home? My wifes xmas gift is here..

I really am sick too..lop
41ac227bb776322f38979130e752ca65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think vape mail should be considered an absolutely acceptable reason for going home.

Ok so the Smok G80 kit arrived. For anyone else who vapes like me (relatively low wattage, cool vapor, great flavor, extended battery life), the Smok Spirals tank with RBA is a well kept secret.

Mod is meh, but fine. Spirals tank is wonderful. Haven't tried the factory coils, no interest, but this single coil RBA is amazing. Even more surprising is that the build quality of the tank is way better than I expected. Everything fits together like a glove, feels sturdy and solid. And the flavor! I'm impressed.

Also, so far, not one drop of leaking.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually this should have gone in this thread:
================================

My world traveling Bonza Mech Kit finally did get here. Now when I get a chance later, I have to get one of Meg's amazing builds in there :)
This thing is deceivingly heavy.
bonzmech.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
This kit turned out to be way better than I expected.

It's probably a combination of sky high expectations and just personal preference with me and how I vape, because there's no way everybody else is wrong and I'm right, but I'm not blown away by the Profile. I actually like the Pulse 2 more. I almost feel guilty somehow.

I love my original Drop.

I'd trade you straight across.
My Pulse 2 RDA for your Profile. :)

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got in on that deal and it was not bad ( price wise ) but the juice almost made me gag. I will say that just now after sitting for a good month it's better. So, you may need to let it steep a bit or maybe it was just the flavors I got. Mine did have the Hanibal one. I sent the smaller bottles to a buddy as I can't do a high PG

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I got in on that deal and it was not bad ( price wise ) but the juice almost made me gag. I will say that just now after sitting for a good month it's better. So, you may need to let it steep a bit or maybe it was just the flavors I got. Mine did have the Hanibal one. I sent the smaller bottles to a buddy as I can't do a high PG

I order from them a lot. The rainbow crunch is my favorite followed by the Hannibal nectar. Mine usually set for at least two weeks before I get to them. I’ve been on a toodle puffer run for a while now. High ohm low wattage mtl style. Their 65/35 blend works well for me. This is the first time they ever sent two extra 30ml bottles with my order. Usually it’s three 10ml along with the mystery and vape it forward bottles.

Carpe Nidor

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors