Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mucho Gracias.
You like Ultem..... I just sent last week My Vapedroid X1C2 Yellow-Orange Ultem to Canada to have black Ultem body made.....

They made them and sent me a picture before shipping.... It's now black high polish Ultem 1000.

But The DHL package won't be picked up till Wednesday.....
5949ab0229c4ba3b67dac53f24441ca0.jpg
7cf2bc4ba2ed53a10b3c3c701f778570.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It puts out great flavor too!

I hope this is not a sign of things to come, but when I put it together I was tightening the coil down and snapped the ceramic piece in half. Luckily it came with a spare.

Here are a couple of stock photos so you can see the options and the deck.

a56a71e86b81ddb267f1f5dfc1712962.jpg

f91b9d10f2c259df893d3efd07c0d95d.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
I like how they have the wicking ports away from the airflow a bit to make it harder to leak.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I like that build deck. A lot.

Was just thinking the same thing.

I like how they have the wicking ports away from the airflow a bit to make it harder to leak.

It really works well, it produces as good or better flavor than any single coil RTA that I have.

And so far it hasn't leaked a drop, not even right after filling it.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my Cheetah 2 RDA and cotton that I won from one of our Contests. Was hoping for a Silver one to go with my Purge Pyramid or a gold one for my Purge Suicide King, but of course, I get black and had to find my Black Copper Broadside until my Black/Red Purge Suicide Queen Mod comes in.
850552981429745488c4132a10e1f51e.jpg
286603dafbf931f05466463822dd46d1.jpg
8d3feac2bb13b251e5db5050c75bf771.jpg
3a40a732c8717cbd2b092143ffa36518.jpg

Only used it for about an hour, but clouds and flavor are pretty damn good, so far

Failure is a much better teacher than success

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Got my Cheetah 2 RDA and cotton that I won from one of our Contests. Was hoping for a Silver one to go with my Purge Pyramid or a gold one for my Purge Suicide King, but of course, I get black and had to find my Black Copper Broadside until my Black/Red Purge Suicide Queen Mod comes in.
850552981429745488c4132a10e1f51e.jpg
286603dafbf931f05466463822dd46d1.jpg
8d3feac2bb13b251e5db5050c75bf771.jpg
3a40a732c8717cbd2b092143ffa36518.jpg

Only used it for about an hour, but clouds and flavor are pretty damn good, so far

Failure is a much better teacher than success

I may have a silver cheetah cap I would be willing to swap you for a black one. Let me check if you are interested.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Merry Christmas to myself. When I first came to this forum I used to see a lot of these in pictures. Ijoy's big bad boys of yesteryear.

Ijoy EXO XL Tank
1225181048a-1.jpg

It didn't come with a RBA so I ordered one seperate. The Limitless XL RBA must use the same styled coils cuz this fits.
1225181049a-1.jpg

I got two Ijoy Maxo V12's. One standard and one Supreme kit.
1225181051.jpg
The Supreme kit tank haa a hinged top fill. The regular tank has a screw off top cap.
1225181053-1.jpg
The Supreme comes with more stuff. You get a triple coil RBA, bands, rings, 510 adapter, and clapton coils.
1225181109-1.jpg
One of the coils is smaller and fits in the EXO XL. They used a ring adapter to make it fit this bigger tank.
1225181120-1.jpg

Next I got what I thought were Ijoy Cigpet Eco 12s. But I see no mention of Ijoy on the box. Anyways these are essentially Smok CBKs. They use the same coils.
1225181055-1.jpg

1225181112.jpg

They didn't include RBAs so I bought some Smok tfv12 cbk rba's that fit in these. One triple coil (that looks tough to work with), and another dual coil velocity deck.
1225181058-1.jpg

Im going to have fun playing with these big ass tanks :D.

1225181103-1.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Merry Christmas to myself. When I first came to this forum I used to see a lot of these in pictures. Ijoy's big bad boys of yesteryear.

Ijoy EXO XL Tank
View attachment 127562

It didn't come with a RBA so I ordered one seperate. The Limitless XL RBA must use the same styled coils cuz this fits.
View attachment 127563

I got two Ijoy Maxo V12's. One standard and one Supreme kit.
View attachment 127574
The Supreme kit tank haa a hinged top fill. The regular tank has a screw off top cap.
View attachment 127565
The Supreme comes with more stuff. You get a triple coil RBA, bands, rings, 510 adapter, and clapton coils.
View attachment 127566
One of the coils is smaller and fits in the EXO XL. They used a ring adapter to make it fit this bigger tank.
View attachment 127567

Next I got what I thought were Ijoy Cigpet Eco 12s. But I see no mention of Ijoy on the box. Anyways these are essentially Smok CBKs. They use the same coils.
View attachment 127568

View attachment 127571

They didn't include RBAs so I bought some Smok tfv12 cbk rba's that fit in these. One triple coil (that looks tough to work with), and another dual coil velocity deck.
View attachment 127572

Im going to have fun playing with these big ass tanks :D.

View attachment 127573
Have you ever built on the dual RBA deck of the XL before?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you ever built on the dual RBA deck of the XL before?
No I haven't. I'm not familiar with any of the stuff I posted. When I was a newb here, I didn't pay much attention to the Ijoy tanks. I seen people posting them but was into other things. Now, I just like buying some of the older stuff that has came way down on price. That goes for any brand.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No I haven't. I'm not familiar with any of the stuff I posted. When I was a newb here, I didn't pay much attention to the Ijoy tanks. I seen people posting them but was into other things. Now, I just like buying some of the older stuff that has came way down on price. That goes for any brand.
First rebuildable of any kind I ever had.
Get the coil placement and wicking PRECISELY right and it's an awesome vape. Really good.

Don't get the coil placement and wicking PRECISELY right and you better have a snorkel and a diving mask handy. OR, emergency oxygen depending on which way you get it wrong. This thing is very unforgiving. I thought it was just my being a noob that I spent I don't know how long alternating between massive leaking and horrible dry hits, but when I finally started looking around, I found a couple dozen forum threads and even a YouTube vid or two where people were trying to solve the same problem. Then I didn't feel so bad :D

Leaking is especially bad on this tank because the airflow opens from the very bottom with that fan type thing and runs right into the 510.

It CAN be tamed and it's a great vape when it is, but be prepared. :headbang:

Keys I found:
Wick thickness is very important. Too loose and juice will flow up the back corner of those triangular ports from the tank and straight down the airflow holes once it floods the deck. Too tight and she might not leak, but will dry hit on a single pull. It's probably OK to err a HAIR in the direction of tight, but not loose.

Make sure the coils extend as exactly as possible just to the edge of the wicking ports but NOT over them. The cotton needs to be vertical from the port to the bottom of the coil. If it leans to the coil toward the deck, juice will drip off the ends of the coils. ( I saw this with my own eyes) If the coils extend over the ports causing the cotton to lean in the direction of the outside of the tank, juice will come up from the bottom of the ports through that inside corner like I said above about wick thickness.

Placing the coils pretty low seemed to help all this work. 2mm or so above the airflow.

Of course all of this is true to one degree or another of any rebuildable tank, but this one leaves you pretty much no room to play with anywhere. Everything has to be just so.

If you get it right on your first shot, you'll be my new hero. :stars:

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First rebuildable of any kind I ever had.
Get the coil placement and wicking PRECISELY right and it's an awesome vape. Really good.

Don't get the coil placement and wicking PRECISELY right and you better have a snorkel and a diving mask handy. OR, emergency oxygen depending on which way you get it wrong. This thing is very unforgiving. I thought it was just my being a noob that I spent I don't know how long alternating between massive leaking and horrible dry hits, but when I finally started looking around, I found a couple dozen forum threads and even a YouTube vid or two where people were trying to solve the same problem. Then I didn't feel so bad :D

Leaking is especially bad on this tank because the airflow opens from the very bottom with that fan type thing and runs right into the 510.

It CAN be tamed and it's a great vape when it is, but be prepared. :headbang:

Keys I found:
Wick thickness is very important. Too loose and juice will flow up the back corner of those triangular ports from the tank and straight down the airflow holes once it floods the deck. Too tight and she might not leak, but will dry hit on a single pull. It's probably OK to err a HAIR in the direction of tight, but not loose.

Make sure the coils extend as exactly as possible just to the edge of the wicking ports but NOT over them. The cotton needs to be vertical from the port to the bottom of the coil. If it leans to the coil toward the deck, juice will drip off the ends of the coils. ( I saw this with my own eyes) If the coils extend over the ports causing the cotton to lean in the direction of the outside of the tank, juice will come up from the bottom of the ports through that inside corner like I said above about wick thickness.

Placing the coils pretty low seemed to help all this work. 2mm or so above the airflow.

Of course all of this is true to one degree or another of any rebuildable tank, but this one leaves you pretty much no room to play with anywhere. Everything has to be just so.

If you get it right on your first shot, you'll be my new hero. :stars:
Thank you for all the tips. I had no idea what I was getting myself into haha. I saved your post to look at when I get to it. I'll probably watch a video or two before trying. A lot of times that doesn't even help. I thought the Rafale vRBA would be easy after watching Djslb (The guy who sounds like Borat). I tried it and screwed up a bunch of times. I'm still not great at it lol. Thanks again.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for all the tips. I had no idea what I was getting myself into haha. I saved your post to look at when I get to it. I'll probably watch a video or two before trying. A lot of times that doesn't even help. I thought the Rafale vRBA would be easy after watching Djslb (The guy who sounds like Borat). I tried it and screwed up a bunch of times. I'm still not great at it lol. Thanks again.
I'll be interested to see how it goes for you. Like I say, it's a great vape once you get it down. The airflow is VERY unrestricted by the way. As in you could breathe straight through it even closed down part way and it's tough to adjust on the mod. Just something else to think about.

Mine sat for a few months until I had a better grip on how these things work before I went to it again. Once I got it down, they had them on clearance at a local shop for 6 six bucks and I wound up buying 4 more :D

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Omg I'm so hungry right now. I live an hour away from any fast food so I hardly ever eat any. But Taco Bell is probably my favorite.

an hour.. how about this, tell Sasquatch that you will buys, if he flies ? lol

well, I am going to rub it in. I got a gift card for KFC. the KFC here is also a TACO BELL. guess what I'm have'n !
then guess what I will have a few hours later ! (there is a smillie here for it, but won't go there, tmi)

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Anyone that has a Squonker needs a Wotofo Profile!
This is the most awesome RDA I have ever used, the flavor is unbeatable, it fires instantly, and it squonks like a dream.

6b0b631f373275c9db0c1fb13ac9833e.jpg

76de0fe107e18fd16ab2f3e804a7a96c.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this got here today. Can't wait to get the reload x from fasttech. I'm sure I have something around here I can put on it until then.
e6229823248658929a4a2036beb4b1af.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
Decided to not leave well enough alone and tried to update the firmware and I think I bricked the mod. Gotta go-to practice so no time to kick myself yet. God what an idiot

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's don't jump to conclusions just yet.
It won't do anything at all. Had it plugged in and it stopped. It shutdown like a restart and never came back on.ill mess with it later. Thank God it was only 20 shipped.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
It won't do anything at all. Had it plugged in and it stopped. It shutdown like a restart and never came back on.ill mess with it later. Thank God it was only 20 shipped.

I hope you didn't download the firmware for the Desire Rage.
I was on the site the other day seeing if there was an upgrade and the one listed was confusing but I decided it was for the Rage and backed off.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope you didn't download the firmware for the Desire Rage.
I was on the site the other day seeing if there was an upgrade and the one listed was confusing but I decided it was for the Rage and backed off.

And you know I just now thought about that I bet I tried to put the rage firmware on the cut like an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors