Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know how that can be unless they totally redesigned the contact piece in the switch for the expressed purpose of making it unanswerable. I hope that's not the case or I wouldn't have bought mine. Even that cheap.

EDIT: Oh wait. It's past my bedtime. Mine is an MDX. Different switch. :zombie:

Did you get the 3 in 1 for $30?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've not had an issue with my switch. Prohibition 18th amendment is what I have and its really really good.

It’s sounds like I’m asking about your health! Lol I’ve been DIYing so I haven’t bought juice since the ban sales, but I was ordering a mod, so I got the Prohibition too.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The self adjustment part of the constant contact switch doesn't have much travel to make up the slop of different length 510s
I saw that too. Maybe a millimeter.

I'm not getting why the slot for a screwdriver if it can't be unscrewed. If its' press fitted then still, why the slot? And if it IS screwed in then it must screw out. Unless they like silver soldered it in or something which makes no sense either.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Oh gawd I am SO sorry you have it too. I think they are selling off old stock possibly and it pisses me off as there is something wrong with these. the only reason I want to get the screw out is to get to that spring inside there to see if something is wrong on that end. Yep I do think it was misthreaded and I think we are never gonna get it out. I am pretty much done with the fng thing for tonight. Somehow I don't think they are gonna reply to my email either. I think they are trying to clear out what old stuff they have but I could be wrong and we will see. I hate that you got one too but at least I know I'm not losing my mind here

is it reverse threaded deb?

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
that’s utter bullshit from them ...a mech not able to break down for maintenance??
I agree it is bullshit and like Don said why the slot for the screwdriver then? Sounds like the typical run around. Screw it it's working for now but I won't be buying from them again.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Unicorn rda's and MDX 3-1 work flawlessly just so you know. This isn't my first purchase with Unicorn products/arkansaseliquid
Yeah my MDX tube and the Unicorn RDAs I have are great too. I'm a bit trepidatious about this latest order now.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe that is why they were discounted so heavily?

I would of disclosed that little tidbit of info even at cheap prices...

I find myself lucky, I didn't get one... not that I wasn't interested; they don't ship to California... but yeah, I would of just done a charge back... the joy of having no questions asked purchase protection credit card... "Hey this switch wasn't disclosed being non-serviceable, need to return for a refund, please respond in 24hrs or I will be forced to do a charge back under the description not as advertised, have a good day"

Nothing gets a response faster than a charge back... just like 3f or FT... get an item non-op or missing even a screw... dispute the charge immediately, they do the run around of 5% refund this, blah blah that... in the end they want the money and although it takes up to 30 days for them to bend the knee, they always do to the mighty dollar lol

Anyhoo...

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe that is why they were discounted so heavily?

I would of disclosed that little tidbit of info even at cheap prices...

I find myself lucky, I didn't get one... not that I wasn't interested; they don't ship to California... but yeah, I would of just done a charge back... the joy of having no questions asked purchase protection credit card... "Hey this switch wasn't disclosed being non-serviceable, need to return for a refund, please respond in 24hrs or I will be forced to do a charge back under the description not as advertised, have a good day"

Nothing gets a response faster than a charge back... just like 3f or FT... get an item non-op or missing even a screw... dispute the charge immediately, they do the run around of 5% refund this, blah blah that... in the end they want the money and although it takes up to 30 days for them to bend the knee, they always do to the mighty dollar lol

Anyhoo...
I like that but they don't really list a description on the switch so not sure how well that will fly but I am going to try that if I don't hear anything from them by Tuesday. If anything the mod I received is NOT what is pictured, so I may be able to use that alone. If they want to save themselves a lot of hassle they can send me the older version of the switch ( assuming it will fit ) and be done with it.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am not sure if they are magnetic or not. I haven't taken them out. I can look later.

if that works the way i am thinking, they are. but its also possible they are not. i would maark theem before taking one out.

they may not be replying because they are trying to figure it out themselves, idk.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here we go. This guy has both switches and shows the difference and talks about why the change. Ya, great so I can't adjust the throw on mine now. bullshit. So on their website they have V1 pictured, which is what I thought I was buying. I don't want V2. Being that I have arthritis in my hands I need a mech where I can adjust the throw on the switch. The one they sold me, you can not do that.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Clutch systems aren’t magnetic.

As for companies “not” knowing if something is right or not, they know.

It reminds me of Vapes by Enushi selling their fucked up BilletBox flush nuts... the thread pitch wasn’t right and a user thinking they could use their flush nut like the factory ran the risk of messing up their billetbox.

Jack Ass made a post about it and still sold them, even added the caveat he would not be responsible if they didn’t work right or fucked up your $275 mod.

Why? Cause he needed to make back some of his investment regardless... motherfucker went as far as demonstrating how bad they were (not that bad in his words lol) and how gentle and cautious he had to be to make it work...rather than screwing it in and taking a few seconds, lol he went on for almost 10mins

He sold them for less than he wanted (over priced regardless) and people gobbled that shit up like a Tijuana whore on Two Nut Tuesday.

Long story short, Any respectable company who manufactures anything is hands on, if they don’t know then they’re shit.

It’s like those “Influencer fucks on FB” that sucked Odis’ dick regarding the 1+year long beta fuck all Boxxer RDTA-Shit, only to defend why they like to swallow...and the cheap glass they changed ( many units came inoperable after a year wait to fix the first fuck all)

Sorry for the tangents lol...

I just dislike shit companies and fuck twats who gobble dick for free items and overly post how great an item is when the majority says it’s faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Here we go. This guy has both switches and shows the difference and talks about why the change. Ya, great so I can't adjust the throw on mine now. bullshit. So on their website they have V1 pictured, which is what I thought I was buying. I don't want V2. Being that I have arthritis in my hands I need a mech where I can adjust the throw on the switch. The one they sold me, you can not do that.

Looks like they did it to address a possible risk issue because the throw you set with the V1 doesn’t stay put

so you can get to all the parts still to clean it, I thought that was the issue earlier...just can’t adjust the throw on the V2

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So those 4 little "clutch" pieces do stick to a magnet, but only slightly. I took them out entirely. Now the throw is easier on the mod without those in there and it fires just fine. Screw it, I'm done and am going to call it good. it sucks that they are doing a bait and switch like that, but the mod is working and I really don't have the energy ( and I am not good at even dealing with companies anyway ) to go down the charge back road. Yes, $50 is a chunk for me. But it's not worth anymore aggravation. Thanks all for your help so so much but lets put this to bed now. :) Love you all.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Thanks for the video! Hope you get good use from your Vert. It really is a stunning tube

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
really hoping this is my last vape mail as I'm probably good on everything for a few years now.
eightvape-2-freemax twisters
2-fireluke 2 tanks
10-fireluke boxes of coils
all for 43$---they ran out of the 10$ box of geekvape coils used to get free 50$ shipping-too bad-so sad-not and I still got free shipping.

An order from nov I forgot about from 3vape-1-sigelei mod(one of joe's sales) and 2 boxes of coils for the tank and 5 packs of atlantis coils that were really cheap.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mondays haul..auth elite v3 and apocalypse rdas and a cap...i hate red
241520e24e42b0917bfae93f9fbee01d.jpg
91f14512b6b19757e6f6256ddb34a819.jpg
1a9ff5004a71688eb9f859eeff79297f.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my winnings from Diyflavorshack this morning. I will be ordering from them again. I have never had any business ship anything so fast. I had expected them to take their sweet time to prepare the order, then put it in a box, then maybe 3 or 4 days later have it picked up. This order was actually shipped out the next day with a tracking number.

The prices on some of the stuff isn't too super scary either. I needed nicotine, and the price was just about right, even though the $25.00 coupon made it free anyways.
6b03c00c3121c84926bec654b081bb56.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@debinnv I'm thinking what may be the case, during manufacturing I'm wondering if they didn't assemble those pieces and put a separate screw in there but add loctite or something when they screwed it in. If it's like that loctite red stuff, doesn't take but a drop of that stuff and you'll never get enough torque with a screwdriver to get it out. It'd be in there for life or the screw might break (assuming it didn't strip the head using a driver) before the threads broke loose.

Don't know I didn't get a mod from them. I did get the axial rda, beautiful little rda well machined and polished, great tolerance on everything so they fit snug but airflow still spins. Well worth the $10, I could see it being worth the $40 tag they originally had on it. The pei cap is a bit more thin and delicate than I expected but I have no other pei rda's to compare to so that could be me. I'm just careful with it (like the afc holes in the top cap are really fragile, feels like if you squeezed it too much they'd crack/break).

Far as drip tips (I think it was you talking about custom tips), I'm the same way. I hate spending a ton of money on stuff and I'm no high end snob. However for as purchases one of the best I've made was on a custom tip from Lawless. I think it was supposed to be like $25 but after shipping and state tax (he's actually not far from me, should've just driven there lol) it came out to like $33.

That's more than I've spent on several mods. It doesn't seem all that sexy because outside of being a focal point on top, it doesn't make the coil any different, doesn't add any features. What it does do is makes my vaping so much more pleasant. Feels amazing, just the right amount of airflow for me (custom i.d.) and improves my vape experience. I also don't have a pile of them, my vape budget isn't that high. But since most of my stuff is 810 it fits everything well. Not too tight, not too loose.

When I was using 510 tips I thought no way, it's just a piece of plastic. I ordered several cheap ones from fasttech thinking I'd have a variety. Due to poor descriptions leaving out key details, one I've got has the tiniest inner diameter I've ever seen. Like trying to suck a watermelon through a garden hose. Meh. Another is so loose it barely rests in the atomizer, prone to just falling out. Another wasn't very comfortable on the mouth. So I started adding it up, a couple bucks for this one, $3 for that one, $4 for that one. I got a number of cheap tips and all were mediocre at best. Rather than keep dumping good money after bad I thought well, I'll try a custom one. It fits like tailored clothes fit and while it was what I'd consider expensive for what it is, I'd rather have a great tip I can use with various atomizers than 10 cheap tips I'm not happy with. Not because they're cheap just the overall experience.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In other news, got my recent order of flavorings in from river supply. Only took a week to get them, not bad given the weekend and the new year holiday. Flavorah is doing weird shit with their bottles. The old 15ml bottles I got were slightly chubbier and shorter than the rest of the flavorings. So I get this chubby looking bottle with a looooong ass tip/cap on it. Like wtf is this nonsense? Apparently they're glass bottles now, can't squeeze them. So they have this really long soft plastic needle tip with a squeezy bulb thing molded into the nozzle. Whatever floats their boat I guess. lol.
1-6-20 flavorings river supply.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Idk what flavorah was thinking, weird ass new squeeze tip that's hella long on top of a glass bottle. The wild melon is in a regular plastic squeeze bottle.

View attachment 152965
They went from one shitty bottle to an even shittier one. "Lets class it up and go glass." -Flavorah

I guess you snip the long tip and squeeze the little bulb thingy for drops. They would've been better off with Chubby Gorilla IMO. The glass ones I recieved all got transferred to my preferred bottles. Those little bulb things crack on some of them so it's even more of a pain in the ass.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
5 cent Baby Beast styled coil day for me. They're Ijoy Exo X mini coils maybe? Eightvape had them for a quarter a pack. I took all they had :D (22 boxes).

Also, a couple of weeks ago I got a spare Smok Prince RBA to have for $6. That's a good price compared to everywhere else. I noticed they dopped to a dollar! So I got 5, that's plenty for me.

0106201608-1.jpg

My preferred style is the single cylinder.4Ω coils. I've tried the Ijoy ones and they're pretty good. These are the little 4 bangers. It's all they had, but I can learn to like them for 5 cents each.
0106201610a-1.jpg

The Prince RBA-
0106201611-1.jpg

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
really hoping this is my last vape mail as I'm probably good on everything for a few years now.
eightvape-2-freemax twisters
2-fireluke 2 tanks
10-fireluke boxes of coils
all for 43$---they ran out of the 10$ box of geekvape coils used to get free 50$ shipping-too bad-so sad-not and I still got free shipping.

An order from nov I forgot about from 3vape-1-sigelei mod(one of joe's sales) and 2 boxes of coils for the tank and 5 packs of atlantis coils that were really cheap.
If I had a dime for every time I've said this very thing I could buy several very expensive stabwood squonk mods.

VU Sponsors