Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Little nature walk with the kiddos. Going to check out a huge knot on a tree.
5ee11774cd0dc09eb1f8612a4e214924.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Wismec Gen 3 Dual
There's also a 3 battery version that's nice as well but the placement of the 510 is closer to the edge. It won't fit anything bigger than a 26mm.

939784c5ad8deb0cf1dd5cb9c4d1d4f0.jpg

76b1a5e3368fabda5fdf365acd8f6031.jpg

06b57182e674c34b6b55d92ece6a6368.jpg

86aa93530dce0c53f4ca3e8820a67f78.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

I got one of those today, the blue/purple kit. Sitting here vaping it now. It's way nicer than I expected for $30 for the kit. Might be a favorite once I get an RBA and see how it is.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
alright, gadget may tan my hide. but i striped the paint all the way off and buffed it out. the artwork is not as detailed as an og, but boy, this bitch is HOT !
my goal is to make it look as og as reasonably possible. and og's didn't have paint just in the engraving, so ....
and many og's had that black area as red, and i would l;ike to do that. but for now, well, i don't have a red purge rda :(

these pics just don't do it justice.

20200418_153929.jpg 20200418_153957.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Checked it a lot lately, but I am just on the Blank RDA. Flavor machine, can just drip right down the cap with no problems, AF wide open it perfect for me. Really need to set it up for BF and give it a go. On the Gab tonight, cuz who cares about battery life stuck at home o_O:D
15872635226991520158202.jpg

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
alright, gadget may tan my hide. but i striped the paint all the way off and buffed it out. the artwork is not as detailed as an og, but boy, this bitch is HOT !
my goal is to make it look as og as reasonably possible. and og's didn't have paint just in the engraving, so ....
and many og's had that black area as red, and i would l;ike to do that. but for now, well, i don't have a red purge rda :(

these pics just don't do it justice.

View attachment 159001 View attachment 159002
I was looking at another full kit from purge. Not sure if I want to delve into it or not though. Seems like I'd be wasting money on something I'd never use. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I think it said og on it

Not sure

It was full copper no paint or coatings

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

i have to hit the sack now. PM me a link and i will check it out in the morning. but i meant = do "you" only buy OG ?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I need to get one of those drip tips, looks so good

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Got mine from hitthatjuice.com but they look sold out. Sq should have them though.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I bought this because it was a closeout sale. I love these devices and wanted to have an extra just in case.
They're really small and yet they can handle a 30mm tank with no overhang.
I felt the reason it was so cheap is that the only color they had was gold.
I love it, I think it's stunning!

76e67272d206fde840c0544d7714785f.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
I have 1 in color changing blue. Used it 1 day and forgot about it till now. Nice lil mod though.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha ha. So true. Believe it or not fire is one thing that definitely scares me. Never been burned seriously but have started a fire on accident as a kid and I don't mess with it now.
I have some pretty hideous burn scars on my legs and a few smaller ones on my arms and knuckles from a job I had years ago.

What you don't see in this video is the die hand. (I couldn't find one) That's the guy with heavy clothes, special boots, a mesh face mask and gloves who runs around sweeping the slag/scale off the die and the piece so it doesn't get pressed back in. A 4 man crew. A press operator, 2 drivers and a die hand. The die hand can also drive and the drivers take their turns at die hand. You get burned. It's part of the job.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's pretty neat but dangerous
It's safe if you do everything right. If not, somebody can die in a second. A 15000 pound piece of high speed tool steel at 2300 degrees is not forgiving. The place I worked at has never had a serious injury. Maybe due to the one strike and you're out policy. There is thorough training and you're always paired with an experienced die hand for at least a month before they cut you loose.

VU Sponsors