Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Looks good (I make something very similar and also add just a little bit of apricot)
Thank you, @VapeOn1960 , I'm going to mix up a 30ml of it soon and see if I want to adjust anything after that. It will be my first mix that has graduated to a 30.

Liquid Barn has up to 25% off today if you need to restock your White Chocolate Peppermint,

code: FREEDOM23

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I did get a few more testers mixed as well as a 30ml of my Creamy Pango.

Testers are:

• sort of going for Shijin Vapor's Dragon Cloud profile (cinnamon bun/vanilla ice cream)

• something like Tailored House's Snacker Doodle - now known as Taylor Desserts Snickerdoodle Crunch (cinnamon/sugar cookie/VBIC)

• an attempt at a Rice Krispies Treat

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm good... made an order awhile back for extra WCP and also Wayne's Water Malone (a great watermelon)
Do you have a scale? They sell a good one (AWS 501) It's worth the price.
Yes, I have the 501 and another scale that I picked up for baking before I got into DIY which I use most of the time still. I guess that I'm kind of saving the 501.
IMG_20221209_125346529.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up though, I didn't know that Liquid Barn sold scales.

Ok so I’m so jealous of you guys for the DIY juice lol! So what I’m curious to know is if anyone would consider selling some because they just don’t have the flavors me and my wife live anymore and vaping is down a notch or 3 because of it for us. If you consider it it would be appreciated more than anything!

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@wllmc
I just came across this bottle - think it's ready yet?

8n6I6GT.jpg

Let's try this again... 500ml outta last at least a little while!

P5QKJhg.jpg

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've been writing up new recipes much faster than I can mix them but did manage to get six testers done this morning,

• pineapple upside-down cake

• custard cream tobacco

• caramel cream tobacco

• vanilla cupcake

• tangerine cream

• banana cream with graham and cake

20230722_094732~3.jpg

I'm making a little better progress working through my testers as most have only been mixed for two to three months instead of five or six before I try them.
I know it would be better to sample them after mixing and then at a couple of intervals after to see how they develop but I still need to work at that.
Every now and then I'll squeeze one in sooner instead of going in the order that they're mixed.

I have a honey bun tester that smells awesome that might jump up in the vaping queue though I have mostly been let down by great smelling mixes so far.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I made POG clone before (passionfruit, orange and guava) Turns out I don't care much for guava...
so this time I subbed mango instead. Also working on a new recipe (s'mores + samoas) I made these separately but during the transition (in the same tank) I loved the combination. Need to work out the % now (it's like 1/2 ratio) Made some lemon tart (basically lemon meringue pie) for my RTA (that needs a new coil and wick) Also putting some in a pod/mod (I love this stuff)

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm still writing more recipes than I can mix and mixing testers faster than I can vape them.

My 30ml tester of Creamy Pango has steeped enough by now to see if I want to make any adjustments yet or if I can call it "finished". For some reason I'm not in a hurry to get at it though.

In my quest for something in the spirit of Vapetasia's Royalty Two I have a mix that "scratches the itch" for me though it's nowhere near spot on.
My cream part is different but the flavors hit about the same with the tobacco/hazelnut up front and the cream coming with the exhale.
I could be content with what I have now but am continuing to try different cream combinations.

My honey bun mix I had mentioned that smelled so awesome is just okay (to my tastes). I might pursue it further at some point.

Cheers and hope your mixes hit the spot!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
MB brownie s'mores 1.5
Make that 2 % I don't add sweetener because this has a lot of (sweet) marshmallow. My original samoas cookie was great but needed some sweetness so this worked. The only adjustments to the recipe were increasing hazelnut (FW is so creamy and wonderful) and also PUR toasted coconut cheesecake. they are the real stars. They play well together and the "cheesecake" part just blends in.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Speaking of MB brownie s'mores... I can't find it anywhere. That reminds me... what is going on with VT (VTA)? The one place that still carries them doesn't have one of my favorite flavors (orange marmalade) I've been very curious about dark chocolate (that the do have) but $4.99 for a tiny 10 ml is crazy. Light rum is another I want to try. Even if I pay these crazy prices, and like the flavors, will they still be available in the future? Or is this like the last of the stock and they will be gone? I can order a bunch of stuff from BCF for a lot less.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Speaking of MB brownie s'mores... I can't find it anywhere. That reminds me... what is going on with VT (VTA)? The one place that still carries them doesn't have one of my favorite flavors (orange marmalade) I've been very curious about dark chocolate (that the do have) but $4.99 for a tiny 10 ml is crazy. Light rum is another I want to try. Even if I pay these crazy prices, and like the flavors, will they still be available in the future? Or is this like the last of the stock and they will be gone? I can order a bunch of stuff from BCF for a lot less.
Have you checked out NomNomz? It’s in the UK, but they’re fast and the shipping is relatively cheap. Last time I checked, they had all the VT we could get here and then some.

I’m not 100% sure what’s going on with them. I think it has something to do with Australia’s vape laws going haywire.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you @wildgypsy70 You may have mentioned this before... I got confused and thought it was Chef's.
I'll take a look later today :)
I took a quick look... wow. They have many brands and also some interesting "one-shots" I am excited to see they have stixx mixx natural extracted tobacco. Many VTA flavors (that I want) except no dark chocolate.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you @wildgypsy70 You may have mentioned this before... I got confused and thought it was Chef's.
I'll take a look later today :)
I took a quick look... wow. They have many brands and also some interesting "one-shots" I am excited to see they have stixx mixx natural extracted tobacco. Many VTA flavors (that I want) except no dark chocolate.
Oh drat. That sucks……lemme take a look around my stash. I might have a spare bottle of the dark chocolate.😊

But yeah, all the stuff we don’t get here. Lots of SSA I’m interested in when I get a little extra cash. I’ve been trying to use flavors I actually have.😂

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Right now I'm using WF chocolate chunks...
Oh drat. That sucks……lemme take a look around my stash. I might have a spare bottle of the dark chocolate.😊
how does dark chocolate compare to that (if you recall)? I also have FA cocoa that is great for making other chocolates "darker" (I know it clogs coils but I only add a bit)
Does anyone else have experience with VT dark chocolate?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Right now I'm using WF chocolate chunks...

how does dark chocolate compare to that (if you recall)? I also have FA cocoa that is great for making other chocolates "darker" (I know it clogs coils but I only add a bit)
Does anyone else have experience with VT dark chocolate?
It’s quite good. One of the best, imo. The only one better is by Medicine Flower(talk about 💰💰💰💰💰). It’s not nearly as dry as FA Cocoa and doesn’t clog the coils as badly.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only one better is by Medicine Flower(talk about 💰💰💰💰💰)
MF has some really highly regarded flavors (and yes... very expensive) I'm still holding out to try black cherry (I have never tried ANY cherry because most of them seem taste like cough syrup)
Hey, NomNomz has a 25 % off sale (ends in 8 hours) I'm going for it!
Any specific SSA flavors that you recommend?
Dang it... another VT flavor they don't have (red date)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Woops... the place in canada (that has VT dark chocolate) was showing prices in cananda dollars (it's less in US $) I'm going for a 30 ml

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure what happened... sale code showed 7 hours left so I loaded up my cart (but forgot to write down the code) after filling my cart it was gone?
I ordered the VT dark chocolate (30ml) from canada. Holy cow batman! The shipping was more than the product. Oh well... might be my only chance to get it and many people recommended it (not just you WG)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not sure what happened... sale code showed 7 hours left so I loaded up my cart (but forgot to write down the code) after filling my cart it was gone?
I ordered the VT dark chocolate (30ml) from canada. Holy cow batman! The shipping was more than the product. Oh well... might be my only chance to get it and many people recommended it (not just you WG)
It’s worth it. Like I said, the best aside from MF. Super bummer Nomz doesn’t have it.☹️

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
MF has some really highly regarded flavors (and yes... very expensive) I'm still holding out to try black cherry (I have never tried ANY cherry because most of them seem taste like cough syrup)
Hey, NomNomz has a 25 % off sale (ends in 8 hours) I'm going for it!
Any specific SSA flavors that you recommend?
Dang it... another VT flavor they don't have (red date)
SSA Ice Cream(vanilla) is the absolute stand out. I’m also partial to Milky Caramel Fudge, Raspberry Syrup, Crisp Waffle, Soft Waffle, Dessert Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Lemon Pound Cake, Milky Strawberry…..SSA has got a LOT more winners than losers. Their coffees are dark, but good.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SSA Ice Cream(vanilla) is the absolute stand out.
Awhile back I tried to get that but it was out of stock (so just got the plain ice cream and added vanilla) I did order that. I will now use the plain IC as a general cream. I already have raspberry syrup (very good but too high and it gets a bit floral) Crisp waffle sounds good.
Anyway... I'm good for now (bank account agrees ;) ) Besides the VT dark chocolate from canada, here's what I got from NomNomz in UK:
1692920830807.jpeg

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awhile back I tried to get that but it was out of stock (so just got the plain ice cream and added vanilla) I did order that. I will now use the plain IC as a general cream. I already have raspberry syrup (very good but too high and it gets a bit floral) Crisp waffle sounds good.
Anyway... I'm good for now (bank account agrees ;) ) Besides the VT dark chocolate from canada, here's what I got from NomNomz in UK:
View attachment 208051
Ooooo, desiccated coconut….that’s the good stuff, right there. Actually does the sweetened shredded coconut thing. Not sure how, but it really does work.

All good choices!💜

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After I get both orders, I want to do a "mounds" candy bar recipe. Dark chocolate and dessicated coconut but I also need something to make the coconut filling "creamy"... any suggestions?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
After I get both orders, I want to do a "mounds" candy bar recipe. Dark chocolate and dessicated coconut but I also need something to make the coconut filling "creamy"... any suggestions?

I know you didn't ask me, but I have a thought. The inside of a Mounds bar isn't "traditionally" creamy. It's like a white confectioner's glaze almost. With that in mind, I'd take a stab at it with OOO Confectioner's Sugar (maybe 1.5%), TFA Vanillin (1%), and a tiny smidge (0.35% or less) of Cap Butter Cream. Gypsy, what say ye?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@nadalama , I'm asking anyone with ideas suggestions... thank you.
So I bought an actual mounds bar (and read the ingredients) It seems the first ingredient is corn syrup (no surprise... it's in everything and I try to avoid it) but this is vaping so let's move on. There is also a "milk" kind of ingredient so a bit of "creamy" fits. I'm thinking bavarian cream for that and to get the body (mouth feel) I'm considering marshmallow (the one I have sucks actually... got the wrong one, basically not much flavor but a lot of mouth feel) Mounds does have vanilla (artificial... might be in the chocolate and/or filling) so might add just a bit) It will still be a week before I get my new flavors so going to search ATF for ideas.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know you didn't ask me, but I have a thought. The inside of a Mounds bar isn't "traditionally" creamy. It's like a white confectioner's glaze almost. With that in mind, I'd take a stab at it with OOO Confectioner's Sugar (maybe 1.5%), TFA Vanillin (1%), and a tiny smidge (0.35% or less) of Cap Butter Cream. Gypsy, what say ye?
Hmmmmm…..I think you’re on the right track. The butter cream would definitely do what you’re looking for, I think.

There’s a flavor by MB called Bounty, which is a candy bar similar to Mounds. It’s made of Palm Coconut and Glamour Chocolate. Palm Coconut is really good and is similar to cream of coconut….that sweet coconut in Pina Coladas. I know you’re not looking for yet another flavor to buy, but if you’re already buying and come across it, it’s definitely worth picking up if you’re a lover of coconut.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmmmmm…..I think you’re on the right track. The butter cream would definitely do what you’re looking for, I think.
I hope so... if I'm on the wrong track, I might end up in a head on collision LOL
I don't have that (but considered a frosting type flavor might do well) I'm going to try bavarian cream and my bland marshmallow.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
While browsing ATF, I saw many other recipes using the coconut with raspberry (sort of like a "zinger")
Anyway I will (of course) do SFTs first (too much work but that's how I fly)
BTW, I want to try VT white chocolate with other chocolates (but not for the mounds bar)
Does anyone have other uses for white chocolate (besides with peppermint... already have LB for that)?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
While browsing ATF, I saw many other recipes using the coconut with raspberry (sort of like a "zinger")
Anyway I will (of course) do SFTs first (too much work but that's how I fly)
BTW, I want to try VT white chocolate with other chocolates (but not for the mounds bar)
Does anyone have other uses for white chocolate (besides with peppermint... already have LB for that)?
I’ll see if I can find the white chocolate PB recipe I did a while back. I was also developing a blueberry matcha WC recipe.

Strawberry, raspberry works with WC.

I’d head to Pinterest or a dessert site. Find what pairs with white chocolate.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
WC + PB sounds great (I made a note of that before) I make lots of notes to myself... problem is they are on the same papers as my other (non-vaping) notes. Too many to sort through. New plan... have all vape notes separate from other notes.
I'm also going to try WF boysenberry raspberry with WC

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the dark chocolate (from Canada) a couple days ago but still waiting for NomNomz order. Tracking shows no activity for over 5 days (still in the UK)? How long does it usually take to get to the US?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried the VT dark chocolate... it's nice. Should make a great "mounds" bar with coconut. I'm also going to try mixing in some VT white chocolate to make it richer (but not for the mounds bar)
BTW, someone mentioned using VT WC in cheesecake.
NomNomz order is here in CA... expected delivery by friday.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
NomNomz order has arrived! :bliss:
BTW (I looked it up) and as I suspected nom nom (in british speak) is basically yum yum here in the US.
I've been so busy with other things (van is broke down, evaporative cooler too) but that really cheered me up. Will do more SFTs this week-end.
Did some quick mixes to get me by the other day... including kiwi/peach/watermelon (that you guys turned me on to) I forgot how good it is 👍 Been a crazy week (actually two weeks) but the weather is nice so all is well.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I've been vaping the VT dark chocolate a couple days (I rushed it and tried it too soon... less than 2 days steep ) It is already getting much better! This is a winner.
It really is. Imo, there’s only one better, but not even by much.😊

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So it's monday and finally finished fixing the van (I'm getting too old for this... both arms bruised really bad)
I'm exhausted (physically and mentally) I need to mix, replace a drop-in coil, build a coil for one RTA and re-wick another... the fun never ends :rolleyes:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The dark chocolate and coconut made a decent "mounds" bar (I realized adding anything creamy would make it like milk chocolate)
VT white chocolate and VT chocolate liqueur are both good (and will be very versatile flavors for many recipes) WC should work great with cheesecake. Chocolate liqueur needs more vanilla to be like Kahlua but should be perfect with PUR toasted coconut and FW salted caramel (I had used WF chocolate chunks before) Same for my Samoas recipe... dark chocolate should work great.
Edit: I meant coffee liqueur

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What is a good marshmallow? FW doesn't have much flavor (but is perfect for a specific recipe I make) I'd like to try again making s'mores (now that I realize MB brownie s'mores doesn't seem to exist anymore)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FA Marshmallow is great.
Yep... DIYorDie Noted agrees. It's not like I base all of my choices on these videos but they are very helpful (especially when several people agree) I had already chosen it for my next BCF order. It seems TFA toasted marshmallow is not so good (even though the name implies it would be perfect for s'mores)

VU Sponsors