Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ll definitely let you know. I’m working with FW Coffee Cake as the base, a little FLV Apple Filling, FW Yellow Cake, WF Cinnamon Pastry. I might throw a touch of butter in there.
Honestly I have been brainstorming this a little bit because I was trying with a blueberry crumble and I am thinking that next time I will try both FA Zeppola at like .5% and in a different one some VTA Creme Brulee at like .75%, they both do that sugary texture pretty good and give my vape a "crunchy" sensation at those percents. Just an idea. I feel like the crumble I'm looking for is similar to both of the sensations I get from those concs.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Honestly I have been brainstorming this a little bit because I was trying with a blueberry crumble and I am thinking that next time I will try both FA Zeppola at like .5% and in a different one some VTA Creme Brulee at like .75%, they both do that sugary texture pretty good and give my vape a "crunchy" sensation at those percents. Just an idea. I feel like the crumble I'm looking for is similar to both of the sensations I get from those concs.
Hmmmm.....interesting thoughts. I was also thinking FA Cookie/INW Biscuit for the Crunch bit. I also have OoO Burnt Caramel that might do the sugar crunch. Choices, choices.....

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:giggle::giggle::giggle: I’ve been at this for a while. It’s almost overwhelming to have so many. Inventory consumes me some days. And I still manage to order stuff I already have! Argh!
Ive done this a few times lol. I got extras in the mail. I go to put them away, and there's already a full big bottle of it waiting to get used. So I'm like, "Oh, I didn't need you..."

I've seen a granola flavor mentioned a few times, Flavorah maybe? You'd think granola would be crunchy kind of flavor but I could be wrong.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ive done this a few times lol. I got extras in the mail. I go to put them away, and there's already a full big bottle of it waiting to get used. So I'm like, "Oh, I didn't need you..."

I've seen a granola flavor mentioned a few times, Flavorah maybe? You'd think granola would be crunchy kind of flavor but I could be wrong.
Maybe? I’ll try it out!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I haven't tried FLV Granola, I have tried their Crunch Cereal and it isn't crunchy it's just gross. I'm going to try it as a 10% dilution and see if that helps, but i like cereal 27 way better.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't tried FLV Granola, I have tried their Crunch Cereal and it isn't crunchy it's just gross. I'm going to try it as a 10% dilution and see if that helps, but i like cereal 27 way better.
Ooooo, Cereal 27 isn’t a bad idea, either. More choices.....

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ooooo, Cereal 27 isn’t a bad idea, either. More choices.....
I added some to a peanutbutter cookie mix yesterday. I'm trying all kinds of things with the PBC recipe josh posted last year. I forgot how good that was. Tonight I threw in some FLV Vanilla Pudding to see how that goes.

I haven't had that mega melon recipe in a while. I mixed it with a higher VG ratio last time and that kind of ruined it for me. The flavor wasn't the same.

I just mixed 60ml (70/30) a bit ago but went 5-4-3, cantaloupe- papaya -mango. The bottle previously had it in there and smelled awesome.. I want to try some new fruit mash ups but have to think of ideas.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should I get FA Maple Syrup? Is it better than VTA? I am going to make that Dutchie a Stroopwaffle recipe and I am ordering the rest of what I don't have from chef's since with 20% off it will be super cheap.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just ordered everything to make the Dutchie at chef's. The only thing I will sub is VT Creme Brulee for INW. I don't think it will make a difference, but I got the vanilla bourbon, the rich cinnamon, and the FA maple syrup
Yeah, I think the sub is fine. :D

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't wait to make that recipe. I'm dying. I have never seen reviews on a recipe like that.
It’s apparently perfect. I’ve made it with LB/TFA combo and it was really good. I can imagine it being even better with the real deal.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s apparently perfect. I’ve made it with LB/TFA combo and it was really good. I can imagine it being even better with the real deal.
Wait until you smell that waffle. It is out of this world. If you have ever been skiing or snowboarding and been to a mountain that has one of those waffle shacks at the base of the mountain and every time you come down you smell this amazing waffle heaven, they bottled that nostalgia. It's unbelievable. They NEED to bring it back. I still don't know why they discontinued it, but they were WRONG!

:deadhorse:
^INW^ ^me^

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mixed up wonder flavors banana candy @2%. I did read on bcf someone mixed at 10%! Yikes! SC are from 1-4% on these flavors or less as adjuncts. This is my first banana flavor. I really don't care for any flavor other than banana candy in this profile. This one is good so far. I'll see after it sits for awhile.

I'm slow on trying out new flavors.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mixed up wonder flavors banana candy @2%. I did read on bcf someone mixed at 10%! Yikes! SC are from 1-4% on these flavors or less as adjuncts. This is my first banana flavor. I really don't care for any flavor other than banana candy in this profile. This one is good so far. I'll see after it sits for awhile.

I'm slow on trying out new flavors.
I gotta behave myself with new flavors too. I used to get all the new releases that looked good. But now I'm trying to sit back and see some reactions first.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anybody tasted capella's new strawberry yet? They have some new berry mixes from the euro line too but BCF didn't pick them up.
I have been reading that it isn't as good as TPA. It's a bit watery and taste kind of like throwing a whole berry in the blender stem and all. I will probably get it at some point and form my own opinion, but I have a ton of strawberries already that I don't use.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Has anybody tasted capella's new strawberry yet? They have some new berry mixes from the euro line too but BCF didn't pick them up.
I have it. I’ll test it this weekend. I also picked up the Mixed Berry one, too.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wait until you smell that waffle. It is out of this world. If you have ever been skiing or snowboarding and been to a mountain that has one of those waffle shacks at the base of the mountain and every time you come down you smell this amazing waffle heaven, they bottled that nostalgia. It's unbelievable. They NEED to bring it back. I still don't know why they discontinued it, but they were WRONG!

:deadhorse:
^INW^ ^me^
If I read the reddit thread correctly, it was diacetyl (? spelling?). They should’ve done what FA did make it a different line(like butter). I would happily order from Poland. I’ve ordered from Italy for the butter. Supposedly, they tried reformulating it to no avail......

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I read the reddit thread correctly, it was diacetyl (? spelling?). They should’ve done what FA did make it a different line(like butter). I would happily order from Poland. I’ve ordered from Italy for the butter. Supposedly, they tried reformulating it to no avail......
I'm not 100% sure but I think I read that they split with whoever was providing the raw ingredients for the reformulated flavors. I really have no idea though..

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Does anise smell or taste like black licorice? I remember tasting a spice in sausage (on pizza) that tasted like that.. I always wondered what it was. I don't know why they wanted to highlight that spice with the euro line..
Yes, that’s it. Apparently, it’s a thing in Europe. Like lemon is a thing in Italy and FA just can’t help itself putting lemon in goddamm everything.:giggle:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Alright, I just tested the Cap Ripe Strawberries. 3.5% on a Narca with a single Kanthal at 0.31. Not as impressive as I had hoped. I don’t get the green note, but maybe I have to jack it higher. Cap Sweet and TFA are better, imo. It’s sweet, not candyish. Not syrupy. More realistic. Def can be used and won’t go to waste, but not crazy good. Just good.

Also tested Cap Mixed Berry at 4.5% same setup. Darker berry mix.....blackberries, raspberries, maybe a touch of blueberry. And an interesting touch of coolant....Very slight. Also usable, but not mind blowing.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, that’s it. Apparently, it’s a thing in Europe. Like lemon is a thing in Italy and FA just can’t help itself putting lemon in goddamm everything.:giggle:
If you saw and tasted the actual lemons in italy you would understand. I ate a bunch of lemon and had fresh lemonade and all kinds of lemon stuff there and it was sublime. The lemons grow bigger than grapefruits there and they aren't as sour as ours. So damn good.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haha. Didn’t I say?! :crazy: FW waffle and LB Belgian waffle combo. Idk at what percents I’d ask her. Also I think it was you I was talking to about not liking FLV ice and a hairspray taste. If it was, I got some WS-23 from BCF and it’s amazing. No taste. Just cool.
I don’t have either of those. Next order, I just ordered from Chefs.

It wasn’t me, I don’t have FLV Ice but I heard WS-23 was good. Glad you like it.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haha. Didn’t I say?! :crazy: FW waffle and LB Belgian waffle combo. Idk at what percents I’d ask her. Also I think it was you I was talking to about not liking FLV ice and a hairspray taste. If it was, I got some WS-23 from BCF and it’s amazing. No taste. Just cool.
LB at 4% and TFA Belgian at 3%. But...........there’s a new contender. I was watching DIY Downunder and Tam Vapes(she’s amazing, if you haven’t checked her out) mentioned a flavor called Waffle Dough by Sasami. So I picked it up from Nomnomz when I got the FA butter. Well.....damn. It’s got that crispy off the iron flavor, NO MAPLE, no spices.....just waffle. It’s steeping now and I did one of her mixes to check out how it works with LB. For me, it feels like somewhat of a game changer in the Waffle game.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you happen to notice when they have it let me know. I mean I do have the king of waffles to play with for now :shades:
I will! I def have a browser tab up to check from time to time. And I’m def gonna get more Sasami Waffle dough when I order. Can’t wait to test the two side by side.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Had to order some stuff from BCF, and added a couple new flavors to try:
  • Chocolate Milkshake-RF
  • Mascarpone Cheese-SC-WF
  • Shortbread-INW
  • Yes We Cheesecake-INW
Any thoughts on these?
Oh myyyyyy, you got some good ones! I don’t have the RF, but I have the other 3. Marscapone is very nice......hit it around 2-3%. Needs a little help, I think. Maybe some HS Italian cream or a cheesecake to punch up the twang. iNW Shortbread is a butterier version of biscuit. I love it. Same percentage as biscuit. Yes we Cheesecake is also very nice. As usual, not a solo flavor. Creamy and a touch of twang. Goes well with any other of the cheesecakes.....there’s a trinity floating around that seems to work well. I just usually pair it with NY or CGC. Prolly at 1-1.5%.

VU Sponsors