The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It definitely sucks. I was thinking about going to Florida to be near my parents. Can't now. Winter is killing me between Raynaud's and being underweight.

Yeah, that's why we are looking at leaving Alaska, it's not doing any favors to my husband's ailments, that's for sure.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Man, I'm all hopped up all of a sudden. I need to make some zero nic for later in the evening if I'm gonna be rocking' the Boreas this late at night.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Depends. Anywhere from 112-120lbs depending on what my digestive diseases are doing, but before I was sick I weighed 132 and was in good shape.

Kind of expensive to be cleaning stalls in, lol!

I have several furs I'm going to be downloading before we move.

I have a arctic fox I used to wear when I had to feed the chickens or anything heinous outside like get under the hood of the car. It's actually in pristine condition - the fur itself repels a lot. I should send it to you once I get everything squared away.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, that's why we are looking at leaving Alaska, it's not doing any favors to my husband's ailments, that's for sure.
I know a dude who was born in Saskatoon. He hates winter. So he did the paperwork and moved south. All the way south to Bismark, ND. Did a winter in Bismark and then moved south again. Far as I know, he's never stepped foot out of Houston since he got here :)

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have several furs I'm going to be downloading before we move.

I have a arctic fox I used to wear when I had to feed the chickens or anything heinous outside like get under the hood of the car. It's actually in pristine condition - the fur itself repels a lot. I should send it to you once I get everything squared away.

Wow, thank you for such an awesome offer :)

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I grew up in Winnipeg where hell freezes over every winter. Moved to Dallas for 20 years but came back to British Columbia when I retired. Chooses were to pay a gazillion dollars for health care or deal with winter. I chose winter. Haven't regretted it yet.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I despise cold. My circulation to my hands, feet, ears, nose and chin gets cut off as soon as it's below 60°F because of the Raynaud's. I have to wear boots rated to -60F, now heated gloves as well, and try to cover my head and face.

Drop 20lbs and the wind just seems to go right through me. Hell, I'm even cold inside, but I can't afford to heat my house to more than 64.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Surprisingly where I live does not get that cold. We are sheltered from rain and snow by the Cascades and sheltered from cold by the Rockies. Winter is actually quite pleasant. Doesn't get below freezing too often.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Surprisingly where I live does not get that cold. We are sheltered from rain and snow by the Cascades and sheltered from cold by the Rockies. Winter is actually quite pleasant. Doesn't get below freezing too often.

I could live with that. This winter wasn't so bad. The previous two were atrocious and that made my Raynaud's much, much worse. Two years ago we were lucky if it got above 0F! That was a good day :eek: We went for weeks, constantly setting records for both snow and cold! Yep, 2014 broke all the records. It is also flat and wide open here, with nothing to block wind chills that were persistently -30 to -70F all winter.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I could live with that. This winter wasn't so bad. The previous two were atrocious and that made my Raynaud's much, much worse. Two years ago we were lucky if it got above 0F! That was a good day :eek: We went for weeks, constantly setting records for both snow and cold! Yep, 2014 broke all the records. It is also flat and wide open here, with nothing to block wind chills that were persistently -30 to -70F all winter.
Sounds like you need to move to Florida or Arizona!! With the health care thing, you are between a rock and a hard place.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I do use insulated Carharts. I need to replace the jacket though because it's just too big on me now even with layering beneath it. The insulated overalls though have helped a lot. So I'll keep the jacket that's too large for when I need a lot of layers, but I also need one that fits right.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm stuck here with Lake Erie for a beach, and freezing my ass all winter.
I'm originally from central Massachucettes, snow and cold are nice to visit, but I couldn't live there again. Cold exacerbates my CRPS, basically cold=way more pain.

Though it's too fucking hot in Florida. ~.~

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a messed up Canadian, I love winter and cold. I seriously don't mind it being -20c outside.
Before my CRPS I never minded the cold. I once won a $50 bet when I worked at a movie theatre. The guys there were having a dick measuring contest (who could keep their hand in an ice bucket longest) when I won (being a 5'6" 130 pound 17 year old girl) one bet me $50 I couldn't last in the freezer for my lunch break. (This was in Daytona Beach area of Florida, so the uniform was black pants and a polo shirt).

I spend the full break in there and didn't flinch. It was rather nice actually.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Before my CRPS I never minded the cold. I once won a $50 bet when I worked at a movie theatre. The guys there were having a dick measuring contest (who could keep their hand in an ice bucket longest) when I won (being a 5'6" 130 pound 17 year old girl) one bet me $50 I couldn't last in the freezer for my lunch break. (This was in Daytona Beach area of Florida, so the uniform was black pants and a polo shirt).

I spend the full break in there and didn't flinch. It was rather nice actually.
I used to sit in the freezer when I was a bit younger when I worked at a restaurant and I would do whippets and drink in there....good times...

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I despise cold. My circulation to my hands, feet, ears, nose and chin gets cut off as soon as it's below 60°F because of the Raynaud's. I have to wear boots rated to -60F, now heated gloves as well, and try to cover my head and face.

Drop 20lbs and the wind just seems to go right through me. Hell, I'm even cold inside, but I can't afford to heat my house to more than 64.
If I win the lottery I'll help you out. I'm not rich but I don't need a crazy lifestyle. I want a comfortable middle class life.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to sit in the freezer when I was a bit younger when I worked at a restaurant and I would do whippets and drink in there....good times...
Yeah at the water park I worked at they kept kegs in the cooler and we'd use them as stools while we drank the liquor we stored in the freezer (you had to walk through the freezer to get to the cooler/refrigerator)

I did almost all my drinking before 21. Now I rarely ever drink and never to get drunk.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's why you buy cheap liquor! I was never a big drinker until I gave up my other pass times :D.

Being paid to sit in a freezer sounds amazing though, If I ever hit the lotto my room would be a walk in freezer. Love the cold.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's why you buy cheap liquor! I was never a big drinker until I gave up my other pass times :D.

Being paid to sit in a freezer sounds amazing though, If I ever hit the lotto my room would be a walk in freezer. Love the cold.
I used to suck down a Half Gallon of 5 O' clock to myself EVERY NIGHT for 2 years straight...then I got a DUI, moved to opiates and 5-6 years ago I got help and since then Ive only had a drink a few times a year...I like Grey Goose but Im not one for caring too much about taste or the burn..

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to suck down a Half Gallon of 5 O' clock to myself EVERY NIGHT for 2 years straight...then I got a DUI, moved to opiates and 5-6 years ago I got help and since then Ive only had a drink a few times a year...I like Grey Goose but Im not one for caring too much about taste or the burn..
I like my cheap stuff because of the burn/taste, if alcohol tasted good I'd get in a lot of trouble :D, I was the opposite transition though for the most part, doctors are a bit too liberal with their prescription pads when you come in every other week with some other injury. At least here in orange county, when I had my ACL reconstruction I got a script for 100 + 3X60 refills I think it was. Talked to my doctor when I went back out to Montana, told me he'd have given me 5 pills total, which realistically I would have been fine with nothing, in pain but it's not like I was going anywhere or doing anything.

VU Sponsors