Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had to fight myself to not try them and make another set to send :D:D
Looking good ray. You and I (Stuart) are gonna need to have a talk about some specific build stuff...
Unrelated, but have you ever tried framed staples with .3x.1 ribbon? I find it very difficult to get the frames to stay where they should with that size ribbon

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
0275ecccccba195bcccdc989ef7fcc5b.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Looking good ray. You and I (Stuart) are gonna need to have a talk about some specific build stuff...
Unrelated, but have you ever tried framed staples with .3x.1 ribbon? I find it very difficult to get the frames to stay where they should with that size ribbon

Yea Ive done a few .3R builds...I feel the thinner the Ribbon and outer wrap the more even they glow and the flavor is better IMO.
One of the .3R Framed Staples....I feel the .3R is the most difficult to Stack, I like .4R better myself and the .4R provides about the same in performance.
20160516_190744.jpg 20160516_190643.jpg 20160510_152244.jpg20160510_152540.jpg

This is something I was playing with...2 Types of Ribbon which change color depending on how much heat is applied...Color Intricacy.
20160518_101022.jpg 20160518_100810.jpg

You can see the other builds Ive done HERE if you want to look over them AVS!

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I just recently discovered butterscotch and I love it even though I probably shouldn't be vaping it. Oh well, I got worse when I smoked.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea Ive done a few .3R builds...I feel the thinner the Ribbon and outer wrap the more even they glow and the flavor is better IMO.
One of the .3R Framed Staples....I feel the .3R is the most difficult to Stack, I like .4R better myself and the .4R provides about the same in performance.
View attachment 51686 View attachment 51687 View attachment 51689View attachment 51688

This is something I was playing with...2 Types of Ribbon which change color depending on how much heat is applied...Color Intricacy.
View attachment 51690 View attachment 51691

Yeah I have a lot of trouble stacking the .3. And getting them to stay stacked. But the performance is great. Still having trouble on the framed portion of it. Was doing 10x .3, 28g frames, 36 wrap. A lot of trouble getting those frames to stay put, there's not enough width on the .3 to really pin the wire against the ribbon. Only tried it a couple times though

pwheeler

My dad is Mr. Wheeler, I am Paul
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This has been my main vape for about 3 years now, at least the pomegranate. I think I added blueberry in about a year and half ago. I do TFA 5% and 5%.
I've been through 500ml of that since you turned me onto it! Love that blu ppm!

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Like a true fag I'm vaping a flavor from Idiohm with rainbow in the name. It's a Skittles flavor. It's the only gay thing I know if in my life and routine, other than the having a boyfriend thing and being gay thing.

That's too bad - would love to see you get caught up in one of those GOP-homosexual-hating-Congressman-gets-caught-with-his-dick-in-a-bathroom- glory-hole type scandals while sneaking a vape on the Boreas in a public restroom

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It's hard to get caught in homosexual scandals when you're openly homosexual.

Anybody who sticks his cock through a hole in a bathroom stall needs to be executed by firing squad. Things are seriously wrong with you if you have the capacity to feel desperation on that level. You don't deserve to live among sane people.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah I have a lot of trouble stacking the .3. And getting them to stay stacked. But the performance is great. Still having trouble on the framed portion of it. Was doing 10x .3, 28g frames, 36 wrap. A lot of trouble getting those frames to stay put, there's not enough width on the .3 to really pin the wire against the ribbon. Only tried it a couple times though

The problem I have is theres always one piece the somehow goes vertical when on the drill...I usually will use more ribbon then needed for prep and then remove the ones that turn and come out of place...This seems like the most effective way of getting it to work correctly. Try using some 40g to secure the Ribbon, wrap it loosely around them while they are stacked in your fingers or where ever they are, then Frame them and wrap some 40g around the same section but including the Frames. Down about a inch or so use some .3R and wrap around the frames/ribbon and then pinch it lightly with some nylon pliers, slide it down a few inches and repeat. The one closest to the drill will be your slider and the other one down the wire will be a extra securing slider.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's too bad - would love to see you get caught up in one of those GOP-homosexual-hating-Congressman-gets-caught-with-his-dick-in-a-bathroom- glory-hole type scandals while sneaking a vape on the Boreas in a public restroom
It's hard to get caught in homosexual scandals when you're openly homosexual.

Anybody who sticks his cock through a hole in a bathroom stall needs to be executed by firing squad. Things are seriously wrong with you if you have the capacity to feel desperation on that level. You don't deserve to live among sane people.
@TygerTyger

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm the same way, but I've had really bad USPS experiences so I'm an obsessively tracking updater and I call the very day something is late, I'm the guy who pays $20 for overnight because less time in their hands equals less room for shit to fuck up.

I know postal workers, you put a fragile sticker on a box, that's like TELLING THEM to be rough with it. If you mail something fragile, don't put a fragile sticker on it. Put a corrosive chemicals sticker on it, then they'll handle it like a newborn child.
Bwahahahahaha!

I, for one, love your wit and sense of humour. That last bit made me LITERALLY LOL. ^.^
<3

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 51686 View attachment 51687 View attachment 51689View attachment 51688

View attachment 51690 View attachment 51691

So. Fucking. Pretty.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love your wit too Lucy! <3

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
51848061.jpg

And a lot less drama and conflict.
Once upon a time, this thread was about an atomizer.

For the sake of those trying to follow it to get some useful information, let's get back on topic.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Speaking of the topic, the Boreas, I ended up singing it's praises to one of the vendor threads over at ECF and already converted 3 folks! One of them bought one Boreas and loved it to death and bought 2 more! And the vendor owner is one of those that bought one:D

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of the topic, the Boreas, I ended up singing it's praises to one of the vendor threads over at ECF and already converted 3 folks! One of them bought one Boreas and loved it to death and bought 2 more! And the vendor owner is one of those that bought one:D

That's awesome

In addition to being a great flavor chaser - I can't believe how reliable mine has been.

I have tough on my vapes and the Boreas just chugs along all day, no matter how thoughtlessly I use it :)

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's awesome

In addition to being a great flavor chaser - I can't believe how reliable mine has been.

I have tough on my vapes and the Boreas just chugs along all day, no matter how thoughtlessly I use it :)
Same here! I have 2 going at the same time, and even take one to work with me. I wear bib overalls and my RX with the Boreas fits nicely in the vest pocket. I go through 3 to 4 tanks a day on just that one Boreas! Never gives up on me. I guess I ought to think about recoiling it, though. It's still the original coil I built for it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Same here! I have 2 going at the same time, and even take one to work with me. I wear bib overalls and my RX with the Boreas fits nicely in the vest pocket. I go through 3 to 4 tanks a day on just that one Boreas! Never gives up on me. I guess I ought to think about recoiling it, though. It's still the original coil I built for it.

So do it - same cotton from two weeks ago and still tastes terrific

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've been thinking, since a V2 is not looking so hopeful right now, I wonderful if you could improve the deck at all? Make one with bigger post holes, bigger wicking holes, fuck. It's hard to think of ways to make it better.

If you made a new deck with larger post holes and wicking holes, I'd buy it. I don't need it, but I could use it.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been thinking, since a V2 is not looking so hopeful right now, I wonderful if you could improve the deck at all? Make one with bigger post holes, bigger wicking holes, fuck. It's hard to think of ways to make it better.

If you made a new deck with larger post holes and wicking holes, I'd buy it. I don't need it, but I could use it.

Do they need to be larger? We know it can handle over 250W.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Is he interested in stocking and selling them?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
NEED? No. But, I have built coils that didn't fit. So, COULD BENEFIT FROM? Slightly. I'd pay for it.

The MOQ of anything they make is 2000. So I would have to convince Augvape they can sell that many. I'm going to tell you it's probably unlikely.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Story of my life.

Shut up and take my money. (If you know where this is from, you're special. Like Special K special. If you know where that is from, you have no life like me. High five.)

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I really need to experiment with my boreas more. I got intense clouds but pretty muted flavor from the builds I've done on it. Had so many tanks coming in for review that I haven't had the chance to give it the time it deserves. This many people raving about it aren't for nothing

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
So far fused and staple claptons, wide ones, have done best for me. 3.2mm, and make them as wide as the deck will allow.

That seems to guarantee flavor from mine.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really need to experiment with my boreas more. I got intense clouds but pretty muted flavor from the builds I've done on it. Had so many tanks coming in for review that I haven't had the chance to give it the time it deserves. This many people raving about it aren't for nothing

I do pretty simple builds in mine. I'm using dual 3mm SS fused clapton from, well Advanced. Using rayon, 1/2 rope in each coil and tucking it good. Pre-wet it, and put it together and after a few hits for break in, the flavor and clouds are tremendous. I've got several tanks which I raved about before for flavor, but once the Boreas bug got me, they're all I use. Keep on trying, you'll get it!

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Amazing how fused claptons are simple builds these days. I remember a time when that was round wire builds.
I only use single wire builds in my mechanicals, maybe twisted or parallels, but that's it. I love getting more wild with the regulated mods and these tanks. I have a piece of SS vertebraid I want to use when I recoil. Never have tried any of those crazy looking wild ones like Ray makes. Love to try it some day, though.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I do pretty simple builds in mine. I'm using dual 3mm SS fused clapton from, well Advanced. Using rayon, 1/2 rope in each coil and tucking it good. Pre-wet it, and put it together and after a few hits for break in, the flavor and clouds are tremendous. I've got several tanks which I raved about before for flavor, but once the Boreas bug got me, they're all I use. Keep on trying, you'll get it!
It's most likely a wicking issue, although I also feel like something like vertebraid gets drowned by the massive airflow so you need something beefy that retains heat like fused..

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's most likely a wicking issue, although I also feel like something like vertebraid gets drowned by the massive airflow so you need something beefy that retains heat like fused..

I am loving the fused. And it lasts for a good long while! I still have the original fused coils in my first Boreas and still going strong. I'll definitely be keeping that wire in stock.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I am loving the fused. And it lasts for a good long while! I still have the original fused coils in my first Boreas and still going strong. I'll definitely be keeping that wire in stock.
That's what we like to hear! We've got some interesting new fused varieties on the way. We're expecting 28x2/40 and 28x2/32 by the end of the week. Some of the more exotic stuff were still being hush hush on til we get it in stock :D

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's what we like to hear! We've got some interesting new fused varieties on the way. We're expecting 28x2/40 and 28x2/32 by the end of the week. Some of the more exotic stuff were still being hush hush on til we get it in stock :D

I'll definitely be over there stalking the site!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have tried my normal spaced 26g SS build and also a SS clapton and prefer 3 holes open for flavor (coils offset to the left). Open afc all the way up and it's chuckin clouds but loses flavor. I'm sure that would be different with a monster coil in there but I'm still stuck in 2015 so 3 holes for me and it gives great flavor and clouds.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have tried my normal spaced 26g SS build and also a SS clapton and prefer 3 holes open for flavor (coils offset to the left). Open afc all the way up and it's chuckin clouds but loses flavor. I'm sure that would be different with a monster coil in there but I'm still stuck in 2015 so 3 holes for me and it gives great flavor and clouds.
I did forget to mention that 3 holes is the optimum for me for flavor as well.

VU Sponsors