Become a Patron!

Temp control SS coil question

HI,
I am fairly new to building decks. I have been using contact coils in single wire, twisted and clapton wires (all kanthal). I recently got a TC Mod. I bought some SS316L wire in 24, 26 and 28ga. I did some research (Youtube) and most people say to use spaced coils and not contact coils (micro coils/macro coils). I built a dual coil SS316L 24ga (.19ohm) set up for my Cyclone clone RDA. I have to put the temp at 540+ degrees to get even a descent draw from it. I checked and double checked that all the settings on the mod are correct, the ohms are locked etc...

So I guess, my question would be would a contact coil be better? What are other people using and why.

Thank you in advance! lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What mod?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any Dna chip, Yihi chip or FSK chip. All of them are great boards. Even the Wismec board does a decent job with tc. I only vape tc. My favorite mods for tc are the Hohmtech Slice, Hcigar VT133, Ipv5, VF Classic and the Coolfire TC. All of them will do tc, some better than others. If you want something that looks similar to the 213 with a great board the ipv6 just came out. It's a dual 18650 and it's actually a little smaller than the 213.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Any Dna chip, Yihi chip or FSK chip. All of them are great boards. Even the Wismec board does a decent job with tc. I only vape tc. My favorite mods for tc are the Hohmtech Slice, Hcigar VT133, Ipv5, VF Classic and the Coolfire TC. All of them will do tc, some better than others. If you want something that looks similar to the 213 with a great board the ipv6 just came out. It's a dual 18650 and it's actually a little smaller than the 213.

Hcigar VT133, I got talked into it in another thread and it's so good I brought a 2nd one in case my main one breaks lol

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also have the OP question, I am using an eVic VTwo mini, 5 wraps SS316L around a 3mm jig, spaced. Can contact coils be used in this setup, and if so, how do we check for shorts with TC wire?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I always used spaced coils for TC. You can't check Ni or Ti coils but with SS you can check them in power mode. But can you make SS contact coils ??? don't know never tried but someone may answer who has.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just watched a Phil Busardo video where he does a build on the Digiflavor Siren (I have the same atty) and he does it spaced, apparently spaced is more stable for TC. So, there you have it!

VU Sponsors