https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think of these mods as cell phones, home theater pre-amps, PC's. Obsolete (tech wise) as soon as you get them. That's why I don't buy a shit load of them. I figure at most, 1 per advancement (that way I only need to buy 5 per week lmao :D). I bought the Asolo because it's different, was around $75, 200 watts, TC, taste control on Kanthal (something to play with ;) . First mod I've bought since the IPV3 LI. Next up is either going to be a DNA200 or one using the new SX350 chip. Hell, I might just stand pat and use what I already have. I hope these companies realize there is a point of diminishing returns. I'm at that point.

Cheers,
Steve
Even apple waits a year though,, these tuckers are just getting gready

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Even apple waits a year though,, these tuckers are just getting gready
Imagine if we all stopped buying new devices and stayed with what we have for months. I bet these updates would be somehow magically available via upgrade port.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Imagine if we all stopped buying new devices and stayed with what we have for months. I bet these updates would be somehow magically available via upgrade port.

Hey, I'm already doing it, its getting the general group of former smokers that are willing to fight over: whose mod is better, what country makes the best three post dripper or whose battery 'makes the best cloud bro' to all get along to make the general point that we are more than a consumer society.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Hey, I'm already doing it, its getting the general group of former smokers that are willing to fight over: whose mod is better, what country makes the best three post dripper or whose battery 'makes the best cloud bro' to all get along to make the general point that we are more than a consumer society.
Yea I'm done too. Just gonna wait and see what happens. Sure hope others can resist and put a dent in these mfg's pockets

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea I'm done too. Just gonna wait and see what happens. Sure hope others can resist and put a dent in these mfg's pockets

One look at their Facebook page and you would swear it was the release of the glowworm provari, 7 contintents of vapors simultaneously jizzed on their computer screans

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm actually kicking around the idea of just buying new chips and updating my mods when the time comes. I started thinking about this because I have a truly beautiful wood mod. A Lost Vapes Tan V2, it's got an older Yihi chip, no TC, 35 watts max. I see a chipektemy in it's future. Wish I had a 350j chip in my tool box.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I'm actually kicking around the idea of just buying new chips and updating my mods when the time comes. I started thinking about this because I have a truly beautiful wood mod. A Lost Vapes Tan V2, it's got an older Yihi chip, no TC, 35 watts max. I see a chipektemy in it's future. Wish I had a 350j chip in my tool box.
Great idea and definitely carries alot of merit

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The only issue I would see is its not as easy as always popping a new one one in and old one out.
Is the footprint the same? Will all the peripherals and the wires used be compatible
that's where something like white cloud works well, you just swap out panels.

Still though, every 6 months? Crap.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
The only issue I would see is its not as easy as always popping a new one one in and old one out.
Is the footprint the same? Will all the peripherals and the wires used be compatible
that's where something like white cloud works well, you just swap out panels.

Still though, every 6 months? Crap.
Need plug n play boards lolol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this sounds cheap, but I really try to keep the price of my mods under $100 (I have so far). I figure if the companies are going to treat them as disposable, so will I. That way I'm not out too much when the musical chair music ques up

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I know this sounds cheap, but I really try to keep the price of my mods under $100 (I have so far). I figure if the companies are going to treat them as disposable, so will I. That way I'm not out too much when the musical chair music ques up
Great approach. I like it

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sounds smart to me
smarter than I've been. My cap has been 200$. But I started when the best game on town was the provari2.5 and after configuring it I was right at 180$after that was the DNA 30s and 40s.
since the. Every mod I've bought has been at pr around 200$, with the only exception being an ipvmini2 50$ and one of my authentic mechs 280$.
From here out im getting the two modular mods and just upgrading boards every other board generation.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It appears to oxidize but at a much slower pace. By appears, it changes colors after extended use, but I'm not sure if that's the metal oxidizing or from the juice itself. I've always rebuilt my coil after a week or so anyway, but its stayed working just fine over that tim

Basically- I can't say for sure since I'm careful not to burn it, like I would when using mesh

Last edited:

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have decided that my vape budget (which is also my Firearm/ammo/juice/ect.) just doent go as far as I like that I will be waiting for a new mod for a bit. I got a Sig 150 in Feb for $80 and it still works great for me. I havent tried any of the TC coils and really have no desire too. I will say that I have been a die hard Yihi fan since the sx350 first came out. Now Im a little pissed with the new chip sets instead of upgrades. So guess I can look at guns for awhile :D

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have decided that my vape budget (which is also my Firearm/ammo/juice/ect.) just doent go as far as I like that I will be waiting for a new mod for a bit. I got a Sig 150 in Feb for $80 and it still works great for me. I havent tried any of the TC coils and really have no desire too. I will say that I have been a die hard Yihi fan since the sx350 first came out. Now Im a little pissed with the new chip sets instead of upgrades. So guess I can look at guns for awhile :D
Their 350 ML move pissed me off to no end. If evolv puts in a boost mode for kanthal I.could see myself done with buying mods for good while

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the most part I only use 50- 70 watts. I only use 150 if I'm blowing clouds, not how i normally vape. I have tried nickle and nichrome but to me it has a very noticeable taste so I didn't care for it. I might have to try some SS on my dripper just to see how it holds up.

xlowxyotax88x

Member For 4 Years
Hell im still on an ipv3 imo its all i need why blow money on a new mod when all i need is what i have that works. Of that starts messing up i have a mech and a parallel box as backup till i get a new mod then i can upgrade when and if that happens

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm torture testing my 22 gauge SS build, almost @ 2 weeks.seems fine. I Wind them up to incinerate any coil gore, re-wick and I'm good to go. BTW, I have suceeded in making TC work on SS in the Smok X Cube 2. At the risk of being doubly repetitive and redundant (<- see what I did there!!) I'll here is a link to the Smok X Cube 2 thread.

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-temp-control-take-2.95847/page-4#post-669921

Now the horror has ended, I'm in a state of SS bliss.

For the most part I only use 50- 70 watts. I only use 150 if I'm blowing clouds, not how i normally vape. I have tried nickle and nichrome but to me it has a very noticeable taste so I didn't care for it. I might have to try some SS on my dripper just to see how it holds up.

I think you will very much like SS. Other than a spare set of batterys, and of course juice, I'm not considering any more vape stuff. The firmware on the Smok IS upgradeable, (although affixing your hand to a table with a fork is much less painfull) and has all the power and features I need.

I've implemented a 5 tank rule. No more than 5. If I *must* have another, that means one of the 5 is getting passed on to a new owner for free. Like Sophies Choice but with atomisers.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm torture testing my 22 gauge SS build, almost @ 2 weeks.seems fine. I Wind them up to incinerate any coil gore, re-wick and I'm good to go. BTW, I have suceeded in making TC work on SS in the Smok X Cube 2. At the risk of being doubly repetitive and redundant (<- see what I did there!!) I'll here is a link to the Smok X Cube 2 thread.

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-temp-control-take-2.95847/page-4#post-669921

Now the horror has ended, I'm in a state of SS bliss.

I think you will very much like SS. Other than a spare set of batterys, and of course juice, I'm not considering any more vape stuff. The firmware on the Smok IS upgradeable, (although affixing your hand to a table with a fork is much less painfull) and has all the power and features I need.

I've implemented a 5 tank rule. No more than 5. If I *must* have another, that means one of the 5 is getting passed on to a new owner for free. Like Sophies Choice but with atomisers.
After ss with ni200 and Ti .... using ss for tc is a wet dream with the Dallas cheerleaders and Swedish Bikin Team all at once

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After ss with ni200 and Ti .... using ss for tc is a wet dream with the Dallas cheerleaders and Swedish Bikin Team all at once
Well, that's it. After seeing this, I ordered a one pound roll (925 ft.) of 24 ga. for $20 and change plus shipping. I've met the Swedish Bikini Team. I want this dream.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, that's it. After seeing this, I ordered a one pound roll (925 ft.) of 24 ga. for $20 and change plus shipping. I've met the Swedish Bikini Team. I want this dream.
I would have nothing left to live for

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
this thread has me wishing that joyetech will release a SS update for the VTC.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Probably be a matter of time and everyone will have one out

Last edited:

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
like that Rumi quote dude.
Thanks. I've been dragging it around since I seen it a few years ago and had to stop and think about it. When I ponder how profoundly ignorant we are in the grand scheme of things, it puts life in perspective and makes most of my concerns, as well as other people's, seem like petty niggling by comparison.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I disagree with the finer points of his worldview, but he would have been great on the Twitter.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I disagree with the finer points of his worldview, but he would have been great on the Twitter.
I think he lived at a time and in a place where he could not have spoken his mind openly and freely....he would have had islamic fundmentalist cutting piece of him off little by little if he spoke his mind.

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The X Cube 2 is supposed to do TC SS, but I have not managed to make it work, and have not heard from anybody who has. Still a few more things to try until I can say Smok is full of BS, but it has been a hassel. First, I had to update the firmware,Then find somebody with a cell that could communicate with my mod, because my cell and tablet won't, then pay for activation on SS and Ti, and I don't know about TI but the SS TC definatly did not work correctly. Yesterday, Smok put out ANOTHER firmware update, which was a real hassel as well, managed to update the mod, and now the SS and TI features I paid for are gone. Another guy I chatted with THINKS that if I re-connect with the app, it will automagicaly detect the features I paid for, and reactivate them. Pissed!!!

I have got it working straight away. No problems vapin TC on my Uwell Crown tank using dual coil stainless steel. I bought bot expansions for the X-cube 2, and now I am a happy vapor on the X-Cube 2.
Advantage of SS above ni-200 is that it also can be vaped in wattage mode on my eVic VT. I prefer to abstain from ni-200 as it contains nickel, which is bad for your health. SS is used in cookware for decades now. Ni on the contrary is not used for cookware as it gives off a bad taste due to nickel getting in the food when heated. SS does not have that problem, so I am more at ease vaping on SS. Since it works perfectly on my X-Cube 2, this mod with the crown tank is my main setup. I use my eVic VT now for the more non daily Vape juices.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have got it working straight away. No problems vapin TC on my Uwell Crown tank using dual coil stainless steel. I bought bot expansions for the X-cube 2, and now I am a happy vapor on the X-Cube 2.
Advantage of SS above ni-200 is that it also can be vaped in wattage mode on my eVic VT. I prefer to abstain from ni-200 as it contains nickel, which is bad for your health. SS is used in cookware for decades now. Ni on the contrary is not used for cookware as it gives off a bad taste due to nickel getting in the food when heated. SS does not have that problem, so I am more at ease vaping on SS. Since it works perfectly on my X-Cube 2, this mod with the crown tank is my main setup. I use my eVic VT now for the more non daily Vape juices.

That was a very old post. If you don't mind a read, my trials and tribulations are here.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-x-cube-ii-smoks-temp-control-take-2.95847/

stephenjw2490

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would it be fine for me to vape the SS Clapton coils on my tfv4 in power mode on my ipv3li ? In juels, its only asking about ni and ti

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure would. I'd venture a lot more people vape SS in power mode than do in TC. The crown coils are SS and most people vape them in power mode. Great thing about SS, it's very versatile and can be used either way, plus it's easy to build with. I've personally used it both ways many times.

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors