Oh wait I can make it less cooties...

a912a7a0c884085c74a6e67ffcbc5c02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So figured out last night messing with the gloom clone that the batteries I have are weird. Vtc5a is a tight fit at the top of the battery tube. The vtc4's I have slide in and out just fine. They don't look any larger so that is weird.but all my 4's fit just fine. All Sony,all bought from Liion wholesale. All in all the clone model is fairly nice. Worth the 20 bucks for sure.will try to do an in-depth review tomorrow after work even though I'm nowhere close to reviewers status. Gonna get voltage drop at work today. Analog tester is no good and have a digital at work

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

automaticfailure

Member For 4 Years
Mini Review.
(No Name) Limelight Freehand Gloom ordered from 3FVape.

Pros:
- Hits great; Fires quick; Easy short throw and clicky button
- A Hell of a lot smaller than I originally thought; Fits in the hand perfectly
- Not super soft but not hard silicone bottle; Just enough resistance
- Lightweight; Finish reminds me of 3d print / rhino lining
- Other bottles (SXK) fit great abit cap showing more
- Can't test voltage drop but seems to hit around the same as a full mechanical

Cons:
- Bottom contacts protrude ever so slightly; mod doesn't sit 'flush' on flat surface
- Bottle seems a bit too tall; Had to push the tube almost all the way into the bottle's cap to seat properly and not cause bottle buldging
- Threads are decent; not crunchy but not super smooth
- Cap under mod for bottle is a bit tight; Can't remove without pushing bottle down first
- Different batteries seem to get snagged when pushed all the way; Only tried VTC5A and about 9/10ths of the into the tube, there is some resistance. Battery still fits without tears and comes out with a light hit of the mod
- Minor gaps and uneveness with button plate and around 510 base
- Button plate is a finger print magnet
- There is some sort of hard plastic around the 510 pin underneath that seems like it should sit better
- Worries about juice leaking into the mosfet hole if oversquonked / not sealed (A bit of tape could fix that)
- Painted plastic. I didn't remove the 510 assembly to check but based on others and inside the battery tube that's what it feels like. Not sure how long it would hold up over time; Minor inconsistency in paint coverage

Overall 8/10
Spite the bigger list of cons, I adore this thing. I know this is for the 'no name' version and not the official 'Ulton' version but I have the 2FDeal 'official' version on it's way. I'll do a comparison (probably with pictures) when that arrives. For around $20, this is a great little mod. If you are someone who likes to tweaks and mess with stuff, some minor modifications can be done to make it even better.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mini Review.

Pros:

Cons:
- Bottom contacts protrude ever so slightly; mod doesn't sit 'flush' on flat surface
- Bottle seems a bit too tall; Had to push the tube almost all the way into the bottle's cap to seat properly and not cause bottle buldging
- Cap under mod for bottle is a bit tight; Can't remove without pushing bottle down first
- Different batteries seem to get snagged when pushed all the way; Only tried VTC5A and about 9/10ths of the into the tube, there is some resistance. Battery still fits without tears and comes out with a light hit of the mod
- There is some sort of hard plastic around the 510 pin underneath that seems like it should sit better
- Worries about juice leaking into the mosfet hole if oversquonked / not sealed (A bit of tape could fix that)
- Painted plastic. I didn't remove the 510 assembly to check but based on others and inside the battery tube that's what it feels like. Not sure how long it would hold up over time; Minor inconsistency in paint coverage

Overall 8/10
Spite the bigger list of cons, I adore this thing. I know this is for the 'no name' version and not the official 'Ulton' version but I have the 2FDeal 'official' version on it's way. I'll do a comparison (probably with pictures) when that arrives. For around $20, this is a great little mod. If you are someone who likes to tweaks and mess with stuff, some minor modifications can be done to make it even better.
Yeah I don't think it's too bad of a mod. I'll keep using it. Light as a feather for sure

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mini Review.

Pros:

Cons:

Overall 8/10
Sounds like it's not to bad for the price.I'll probably just get the Ulton version after some feedback on that one.Or maybe someone else will clone it also.Someday I'll find the perfect squonker that actually gets me to squonk full time.................:)

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Mini Review.

Pros:

Cons:

Overall 8/10
I agree with everything you have said here :)

It's not perfect, but very functional with a fantastic form factor and the button/MOSFET combo is very very similar to the original in operation apart from lack of engraving.

I've encountered the same issue with battery being tight (vtc5a).

If it is painted then it's pretty durable as I have repeatedly wiped mine down with alcohol based wipes and no paint has transferred onto the wipe.

Although I have not tested the voltage drop I have compared it to other mods and it fares very well and certainly hits just as hard as Pico Squeeze/Luxotic/Hugo squeezer.

I've been using mine non stop now for 2 days and really like it. I will continue to use it as my main mod and if it proves to be durable/reliable will definitely look to get a second one along with a couple of modmaker bottles.

As for the Ulton version tbh I would be very surprised if they are not the same device but would love to be wrong and Ulton have done an even better job.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Asking here cause I know its the best place to ask. Any squonkers looking to get rid of a rage squonk mod in a trade?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok used it all week. My thoughts. This is the nicest mod I've bought in 3 yrs of squonking. The printing is superb. Had my reservations about bottle system but it is the best I've ever used. No more refill caps. Bottles slip out and in and don't leak. Juice does leak out while bottle is out but just sit it on paper towel while filling. This dna board is very good. All day battery life on my 30 watts. And replay is very good. Find your Wattage hit save and never a dry hit. If you are after a reg mod and can get one do it. Took me about 6 months to get but well worth the wait.
10a11cad03e82a1185677a2d0c6fd38c.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since I know a lot of you DIY...I am needing some new juices to liven up my repertoire since I only Vape one type of juice really and a palate cleanser lol

Not to picky on what juice besides like fruit loops or juice in that wheel house...never liked overly fruity juices...

Heck I'd even love to try a sample of your #1 (I know I won't have the flavors since I primarily vape only 2 juices of my own)

Vanilla Bourbon concoction of my own is my ADV.

One thing though, I have Strawberry deficiency...even INW tastes like ass paper bag

Anyhoo... Appreciate you all and any recipe pmd or responded to here and thank you

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I know a lot of you DIY...I am needing some new juices to liven up my repertoire since I only Vape one type of juice really and a palate cleanser lol

Not to picky on what juice besides like fruit loops or juice in that wheel house...never liked overly fruity juices...

Heck I'd even love to try a sample of your #1 (I know I won't have the flavors since I primarily vape only 2 juices of my own)

One thing though, I have Strawberry deficiency...even INW tastes like ass paper bag

Anyhoo... Appreciate you all and any recipe pmd or responded to here and thank you

Pm sent

automaticfailure

Member For 4 Years

Check out some recipes on AllTheFlavors. I've been vaping Shyndo's Mango Sticky Rice and ENYAWREKLAW's Water-Malone.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
second coat of BLO on giant floris orca

wet sanded oil in with P800 sandpaper, will use 1200 for next coat :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180930_164045.jpg
    IMG_20180930_164045.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20180930_164048.jpg
    IMG_20180930_164048.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20180930_164050.jpg
    IMG_20180930_164050.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20180930_164053.jpg
    IMG_20180930_164053.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 47

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Received my Skyfall clone today. Build quality sucks arse, but attt design is good. Pleasant vape

Which one did you get? The one I have has been great, came with 3 sets of air discs, just didn't care for the tiny drip tip, so use my own.

Vape quality was nice, very smooth and flavorful, just a tad airy for me.

You order the Convergent?

automaticfailure

Member For 4 Years
Received my Skyfall clone today. Build quality sucks arse, but attt design is good. Pleasant vape

The Ulton clone I have is near flawless. Only issues I had with mine is the squonk pin is a bit short, so only works on certain mods. Cutting wire flush is quite difficult., have to remove the coil and trim it then it won't touch the plastic inside cap. Also, completely missing an airdisk (the largest airflow one) but at least 2F is sending me a replacement.
Other than those stupid issues, I am quite happy with it.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Which one did you get? The one I have has been great, came with 3 sets of air discs, just didn't care for the tiny drip tip, so use my own.

Vape quality was nice, very smooth and flavorful, just a tad airy for me.

You order the Convergent?

haven't ordered convergent yet

i ordered the st skyfall, should have gone sxk or something https://www.fasttech.com/p/9664188

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as someone who vapes unflavoured, and doesn't chase clouds, that and form factor are pretty much all that matters to me

considering an auth or 2, but apparently a pita to get hold of
Yea comes in a cool box too.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
as someone who vapes unflavoured, and doesn't chase clouds, that and form factor are pretty much all that matters to me

considering an auth or 2, but apparently a pita to get hold of

They did a randomizer for some this weekend or was it Friday, meh.

Thought about trying my luck...but passed. Would rather have some other PITA to get RSA like the NarDa ;)

Which I would gladly trade my Venna/Phenom/Stumpy for ;)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They did a randomizer for some this weekend or was it Friday, meh.

Thought about trying my luck...but passed. Would rather have some other PITA to get RSA like the NarDa ;)

Which I would gladly trade my Venna/Phenom/Stumpy for ;)

different strokes for different folks

hated narda, phenom, venna

is it possible to add me to the group for skyline? or tell me the process?

o'm dan doglington on fb, made up name so i don't think there would be many profiles, but profile pic is a pier and beach

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
different strokes for different folks

hated narda, phenom, venna

is it possible to add me to the group for skyline? or tell me the process?

o'm dan doglington on fb, made up name so i don't think there would be many profiles, but profile pic is a pier and beach

Closed group, but yeah I could add you...then wait for admin approval...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Makes sense. Still feels cheap

Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of that when I got it... There are caps being made second hand that eliminate the cap to where you'd just use the barrel conventionally to reduce the AF and sit snug. But these are also being designed as slam type caps.

From Simply Tips FB page...

upload_2018-10-1_12-24-56.png

Nick Ricotta made some, but wasnt a fan of them not having the bevel like the above ones do, think Never Normal made some... but yeah, cap costs as much as the clone ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am sure or at least I would like to believe the tolerances on the authentic would be better...but I don't think they will be night and day better. The SXK one I have everything fits snug without any loosy goosey feel.

I do enjoy the Clone, AF is probably the smoothest I've ever vaped, flavor it great...but I have to run it on average 10w higher and even with it shut down to just a tad into the second hole, to airy for me.

I slapped a new wick in it earlier and its already pulled and stowed... it ticks a lot of boxes but the restrictiveness I prefer.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am sure or at least I would like to believe the tolerances on the authentic would be better...but I don't think they will be night and day better. The SXK one I have everything fits snug without any loosy goosey feel.

I do enjoy the Clone, AF is probably the smoothest I've ever vaped, flavor it great...but I have to run it on average 10w higher and even with it shut down to just a tad into the second hole, to airy for me.

I slapped a new wick in it earlier and its already pulled and stowed... it ticks a lot of boxes but the restrictiveness I prefer.
The draw doesn't make me want to stab myself. That is rare in an atty.

Id like one of those low profile caps too

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wish I could get into the NarMods group... fucking 3 vouch system sucks... I don't even know who I am friends with are in that group... odds are its not 3 LOL

VU Sponsors