Squonkers are Bonkers

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is the election over already?

:D

those china tariffs to USA somehow made OUR dollar crash in australia, i don't get it
Nope but they they seem to have backed off politics in this thread.

I just avoid the non political threads with politics in them or everything if it gets too bad.

it is kind of like tuning to a vape channel on TV and all that is on it is politics.
If we had vape channels on TV :)
If I want politics I tune to the politics channel.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha ha!

I wonder if the Chinese vendors will notice an increase in orders from the USA - especially this week in things related to the Pico Squeeze. If I am happy with mine, I will have to wait until next month before I can get a few more, which is likely about when they will arrive in 21-30 days...

I was thinking even to just remove the mosfet/electronics board from one and just make it as close to full mech as possible (yes I know 'wiring' disqualifies it, but I could use some 12g or 14g solid copper wire like ROMEX used in household A/C electrical wiring to keep voltage drop low)....
To me they are better than a mech.
less voltage drop than many/most mechs, hits the same every time, and never have to clean any contacts and such.

The switch in them will not handle the current of being a wired mech. It is just designed to turn on a Mosfet with very low current to the Mosfet Gate.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just on tariffs. Our lot just introduced 10 percent gst on low value imported goods. But eBay and others took the liberty to round up to 30 percent

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the old TD mini out and put a contact holder in and a new button.
dfb42aad34e2c620da50c519ea3e1c10.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know if you can clearcoat 3d printed mods that are dyed a light color. To keep them from absorbing dirt.

I would think an oil base coating would look better, similar to some Delrin mods needing a light coating of armor all etc to keep its sheen.

Not sure though on which type of oil would be best to not mess with the dye.

Adonis

Member For 1 Year
I know I can't get a definitive answer because I doubt anybody has tried but does anybody have an opinion about wether the signature tips chameleon drip tips for the hadaly will fit the haku venna? Just thought it might be a different look

Attachments

• 15672607_1372408982783838_9177533087697221069_n.jpg
    15672607_1372408982783838_9177533087697221069_n.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 33

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I can't get a definitive answer because I doubt anybody has tried but does anybody have an opinion about wether the signature tips chameleon drip tips for the hadaly will fit the haku venna? Just thought it might be a different look
I don't know but that's a badass tip for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thankyou very much. Looks like an order is imminent!

I adore those DTs - Signature was also making an ultem version at one time - both are top-of-the-line DTs

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You sure @So619Cal ??
I don't have a Venna, but I have Haku - and cap is so flat that Sig tip for Hadaly doesn't really grab.
It works good, by the way, for a Stumpy, or for a Drifter - cuz those, like the Hadaly, have a little lip on the cap...
caplips.jpg

NEVERMIND - just looked at a Venna, and see that it has a lip.
Derp.

They fit.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hotel!? Damn autocorrect . I meant ultem

Hahaha

But seriously: glad they are back in stock. Last time I looked they were seriously out of everything for the Hadaly - I mean EVERYTHING

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can y'all give me some rsas that are similar to the gr1? :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Don't like his choice of music but he is pretty thorough.

After watching a handful of his videos last night, I too am not a fan of his music choices.

Also, why is the intro music and other music on vape videos so much louder? I am always riding the volume when watching videos that have this issue. I wish more folks would learn to use a volume LEVELER or NORMALIZATION during the editing process before they render the final cut and then upload to YT.

It's a pet peeve of mine when watching a vid late at night and I have to ramp up the volume just to hear the speaking parts, and then when the music comes on, it's blasting loud. This is also a problem in headphones. I am going to have to route the sound output of my computer through a compressor box with something like a 20:1 ratio so as to fix this issue, which is wide-spread on YT...

Sorry for the mini-rant.

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know if you can clearcoat 3d printed mods that are dyed a light color. To keep them from absorbing dirt.

can clear coat 3d mods, we used to kryol [sp? can't remember. Spray stuff] acrylic coat our gdeal pekos

just make sure the dye will take it OK

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI....The Rage is on sale until tomorrow at recoilrda.com for $50 along with a spare bottle. The ones on sale are the purple or white colors and a random color spare bottle. I paid $15 for just a spare bottle. What a dumbass :)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is why I don't let my GF have nice vape stuff. Battery wrap is destroyed too.
666275b9c006ec1f9484525f80b1993a.jpg

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI....The Rage is on sale until tomorrow at recoilrda.com for $50 along with a spare bottle. The ones on sale are the purple or white colors and a random color spare bottle. I paid $15 for just a spare bottle. What a dumbass :)
Im mad...i bought my white 2 weeks ago. Then then the red last week..then a blk and red bottle..
6ec294c96ef5d0b2484675748085e82c.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is why I don't let my GF have nice vape stuff. Battery wrap is destroyed too.
666275b9c006ec1f9484525f80b1993a.jpg

That sucks.
I made a dumbass mistake last week.
Was using my Underground Series box as I was mowing the lawn.
Set it on the back bumper of the truck when I put the mower away.
Got a call. 10 minutes later ran to grab some more beer in the truck.
Guess what? No more Underground!

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im mad...i bought my white 2 weeks ago. Then then the red last week..then a blk and red bottle..
6ec294c96ef5d0b2484675748085e82c.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room
I was tempted by the 4th of july sale and talked myself out of it because I am trying to hold off on new vape gear while I pay off some old 0% debt. I am hoping for a good labor day or black friday sale. Then I got that email this morning, but thankfully I have no interest in a white or purple mod. dodged a bullet there.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found the B2K similar to the GR1. Honestly, neither one is my favorite, but I kept the GR1...
Maybe the Nixon? Haven't tried, but its the latest from the GR1 people...
And FYI, both (GR1 and Nixon) are available on Fasttech, authentic, for under $30.

Can y'all give me some rsas that are similar to the gr1? :)

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found the B2K similar to the GR1. Honestly, neither one is my favorite, but I kept the GR1...
And FYI, both (GR1 and Nixon) are available on Fasttech, authentic, for under $30.
They are coming out with one called Nixon s but it's rsa with bottom af

20180711_004248-png.753507

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's odd. I don't think the b2k is anything like the gr1. I have the same coil in both.

I think the b2k has too much room for air in the deck?

I get more vapor and a better hit off the gr1. I've tried turning the airflow down on the b2k but it didn't do anything.

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was tempted by the 4th of july sale and talked myself out of it because I am trying to hold off on new vape gear while I pay off some old 0% debt. I am hoping for a good labor day or black friday sale. Then I got that email this morning, but thankfully I have no interest in a white or purple mod. dodged a bullet there.

That's being smart. If I didn't have my nose stuck so far up Eleaf's ass I would jump on the white one at that price. But no, gotta get another squeeze 2....

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I 100% agree!! It seemed like it was letting air in all over or something - very whooshy, turbulent, etc...
I guess it was just a general overall "quality" impression - I got them around the same time, and felt about the same way about them. "OK, but not great for me".

That's odd. I don't think the b2k is anything like the gr1. I have the same coil in both.

I think the b2k has too much room for air in the deck?

I get more vapor and a better hit off the gr1. I've tried turning the airflow down on the b2k but it didn't do anything.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I 100% agree!! It seemed like it was letting air in all over or something - very whooshy, turbulent, etc...
I guess it was just a general overall "quality" impression - I got them around the same time, and felt about the same way about them. "OK, but not great for me".
So what's your go to?

VU Sponsors