Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Honestly, I prefer the Ampking 20700 cells. They're the same as the iJoy 20700 5-leg cells in a different, slightly thicker wrapper, AND they ship with a silicone case.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
IIRC, there was a reddit post in which Mooch said that the Ampking/5-leg iJoy 20700s and several others were in fact all re-wraps of an OEM Mollicel 20700, which he also tested, and rated them all very well and within 2% variance of each other...

I have just one of the iJoy 5-leg 20700s that I got when I bought the Pulse BF because I was not sure about the 'new to me' battery form factor, but compared to nearly any of my 18650s in the battery adapter, on the Pulse BF with a 0.25 Ohm build of 24g SS 5 wraps on 3mm ID, I get nearly double the battery life (measured in refills of the squonk bottle) compared to an 18650.

That cel, in whatever wrapper seems like a solid performer to me.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The O-atty certainly borrowed some, but I found it pretty different than a Narda...
And SINCE then, there are probably 30 other designs that borrowed the same features (the aimed air, single coil, post location, etc).

This is $99, with both pictured caps and tips (black/black, and SS/ultem) - still "high end" but not nutz...

If it's anything like the O-Atty (Narda Clone) at $200 no thank you, I'll maybe buy the fucking Clone just out of spite like I did with the first ;)

Dropmyload

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sexy I must say

74d57025122715b11c713d86d024b473.jpg

Into the ultrasonic she goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, what rda is that?

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jorda B clone just landed
Will have a play at weekend,
See if it is as good as pelso v3 authentic

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Seems pics not working
f218df5afb359ad216ac29ad8df59b55.jpg

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If its this one...View attachment 113119

Then from Mooch's lists of 20700s is the Sanyo 20700A and a very good battery according to him. And you can use the charts he has for the Sanyo

The .27Ω you're running is just a tad over 15a...so well within the safe limitation of said battery.

The Gold and White lettering one is similar, but Mooch said the Sanyo A still performs better.

If you're able to utilize 21700's then the 30T is top performer.

In all the vape quality you get from any of the 20700's will be similar being you're vaping at 15a... the main differences with many batteries is the Watt Hours and how well they carry their voltage throughout the discharge...which the Sanyo A in what I read is the best.

Caveat being, mech or regulated.
Yeah that one. I am using it in a mech. Thanks for the response's!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You funny, veddy funny, like ha ha funny :)

I too am often accused of 'living in my head too much'

When that happens I put on 'Pretty Vacant' by The Sex Pistols on repeat, and at an obscenely loud, window-rattling volume, and after a few repeats, yes, my mind becomes, pretty vacant, and I can think and act in a way that gets approval from 'normal' folks,,,

and then the Voices, those almost inaudible whispers, seem to be telling me -

...something, but I cant make it out...

So then I just chain vape until I forget about it all. :)

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Changed the drip tip on the dpro.
a537c348f9a46ce1545660581b4d41f0.png

Put a wide bore 810 on it instead of the narrowed down 810 style 510? Whatever it is. Airflow is somewhat smoother. I hate to waste a perfectly good coil so I’ll be waiting to try a smaller diameter one for a while. It’s a pretty decent setup as is but I can’t leave anything alone. Always have to be trying to make it better.

Carpe Nidor

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One of those days...vape-wise anyhow.
Just mixed up...roughly 500 mls of I-dunno-exactly-what's-in-there-now.
It WOULD have been 550 mls of my everday all day flavor, but woopsie, I grabbed the wrong bottle and put 6% Acetyl Pyrazene into two of the bottles.
6% AP basically would drown out all the other flavors, and you'd be vaping pure - Fritos.
upload_2018-6-7_19-27-10.png
At 1%, it adds a subtle nuttiness. But at something like 3%, the flavor just flips over to straight "corn chip".

SOoooo...to fix it, I decided, without thinking it all the way through, to "dilute" that - by mixing ALL the bottles contents together, as-is. Since I'd only polluted 2 out of 5, that would bring the AP back to a reasonable level.

I then spent half an hour spilling e-liquid, partially mixed but not really, ALL over my desk, every bottle slick with VG, everything smelling like a Frito.
A simple unholy mess. It's all cleaned up now, but those 5 bottles are definitely not precisely my regular recipe, and not even uniform (one bottles got 120 mls, one's probably got about 80...

Hopefully it's all GOOD, but not GREAT - because if it's GREAT, I won't know why, lol.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hehehe - man, that's just awful.

Admittedly, 2 batches back was so bad I began adding random flavors - hell, even a drop of vinegar or Marsala - ANYTHING to "improve it".. I finally dumped the last 60ml, and the replacement batch was like Manna from heaven.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ulton KRMA showed up today. Very nice vape. Machining is perfect, like, authentic quality machining. Makes me wonder. It quickly has become my favorite.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
O-atty X is coming.

I might have to wrangle means to get a clone, especially if this expensive. Fucking shinyitis bug ought to be illegal like those Fruity Oaty Bars in quadrant seven delta. Can't sell the darn things nor get rid of 'em always cropping up and multiplying in the hold when you least expect 'em. It's like they sense when you're trying to juggle geese. Shinyitis bugs are worse.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just rebuilt that, then rebuilt it again. And it's better than before!

* hears Six Million Dollar Man theme voice over and music * "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.
...Better than he was before. Better… stronger… faster."

Have been somehow dropping builds to 0.20 or lower. Then, I hit on them and realize I've built a foundry and need to rebuild. Usually if I have a coil below 0.30 it'll get way too hot for me to vape. I'm sure there's heat sinks, other hacks. Rather not bother though as below 0.30 also zaps a single cell 18650 but good. Lately been finding a simple 0.50 works fine. :)

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
200.gif

I've been slowly shifting - but also learning that what works for me best does depend on the rda, and also on the mod (v-drop). Range from about 0.45 down to 0.32. Like you - lower than that, and I'm either going to not get enough air, or not get enough juice wicked, etc...I take a pretty long draw...

* hears Six Million Dollar Man theme voice over and music * "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.
...Better than he was before. Better… stronger… faster."

Have been somehow dropping builds to 0.20 or lower. Then, I hit on them and realize I've built a foundry and need to rebuild. Usually if I have a coil below 0.30 it'll get way too hot for me to vape. I'm sure there's heat sinks, other hacks. Rather not bother though as below 0.30 also zaps a single cell 18650 but good. Lately been finding a simple 0.50 works fine. :)

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Jorda B clone just landed
Will have a play at weekend,
See if it is as good as pelso v3 authentic

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Seems pics not working
f218df5afb359ad216ac29ad8df59b55.jpg
I'm still not sure about the Jorda B as an avid Le Concorde fan i had convinced myself I would love it, but its just so damn tight even fully open!

It does MTL amazingly well with a simple 28awg coil but for restricted lung use anything more than 26awg is uncomfortable.

Can't complain about the Clone though as its absolutely flawless with a ton of extras although the spare caps are purely mtl I was kinda hoping the clear cap would have the three larger holes on it!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm still not sure about the Jorda B as an avid Le Concorde fan i had convinced myself I would love it, but its just so damn tight even fully open!

It does MTL amazingly well with a simple 28awg coil but for restricted lung use anything more than 26awg is uncomfortable.

Can't complain about the Clone though as its absolutely flawless with a ton of extras although the spare caps are purely mtl I was kinda hoping the clear cap would have the three larger holes on it!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
As @PoppaVic had mentioned to me before, if the airflow is too restricted, one can always use a drill (or dremel) to enlarge the holes if there is enough metal on the deck where the air channels are mounted and also drill out the holes in the top cap as well...

If a clone atty is the target, and priced under $20 you are not losing much if you mess up, or if the end result is still a disappointment....

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here my last epic vapemail for a while...
I've been wanting one of these since I saw one, and kept looking and trying, and missing, lol.

6 days from the UK
envelope.jpg

Open her up...
inthebox.jpg

Oooh! lookit that edge, it's glowy!! Can't really see but that edge is lighter blue and sparkly, while the sides are dark...
bestangle1.jpg

Gonna run a Flave22 or a Haku on this probably - black cap, but this tip was too perfect, and it was ready-to-go...
half-recurve1.jpg

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've been wanting one of these since I saw one, and kept looking and trying, and missing, lol.

6 days from the UK
View attachment 113200

Open her up...
View attachment 113201

Oooh! lookit that edge, it's glowy!! Can't really see but that edge is lighter blue and sparkly, while the sides are dark...
View attachment 113202

Gonna run a Flave22 or a Haku on this probably - black cap, but this tip was too perfect, and it was ready-to-go...
View attachment 113203

Daaaamn! That is a sexy beast!

Carpe Nidor

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

6 days from the UK
View attachment 113200

Open her up...
View attachment 113201

View attachment 113202

View attachment 113203
Dooooooope! Juma for the win!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

6 days from the UK
View attachment 113200

Open her up...
View attachment 113201

View attachment 113202

View attachment 113203
That looks sooo sweet. For the first time in this thread, I am actually drooling over the pictures.

I LOVE that blue and the contrast with the black, and the bue is almost like the flame maple or figured koa of fancy guitars.

I hope you enjoy it! :)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the Pico 2 is $100?
Hmm, no: it look like they expect $50+ for Just Mod and $60+ for W/Battery - and in all cases, you get one bottle. Oh, I mean the Squeeze 2.

Seems damned pricey to me, since you can get a Gbox for those prices - and for half-again you can get better,

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of those days...vape-wise anyhow.
Just mixed up...roughly 500 mls of I-dunno-exactly-what's-in-there-now.
It WOULD have been 550 mls of my everday all day flavor, but woopsie, I grabbed the wrong bottle and put 6% Acetyl Pyrazene into two of the bottles.
6% AP basically would drown out all the other flavors, and you'd be vaping pure - Fritos.
View attachment 113149
At 1%, it adds a subtle nuttiness. But at something like 3%, the flavor just flips over to straight "corn chip".

SOoooo...to fix it, I decided, without thinking it all the way through, to "dilute" that - by mixing ALL the bottles contents together, as-is. Since I'd only polluted 2 out of 5, that would bring the AP back to a reasonable level.

I then spent half an hour spilling e-liquid, partially mixed but not really, ALL over my desk, every bottle slick with VG, everything smelling like a Frito.
A simple unholy mess. It's all cleaned up now, but those 5 bottles are definitely not precisely my regular recipe, and not even uniform (one bottles got 120 mls, one's probably got about 80...

Hopefully it's all GOOD, but not GREAT - because if it's GREAT, I won't know why, lol.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif
I think we've all had days like that.Where you wind up feeling like you (just cant win for losing)
It is like the whole world just went frigging (banana walkers)

tumblr_oghowq4cng1u7eadwo1_400.gif

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Geez, I hadn't even thought about it - I'll have to pull her out of the case and take a pic (haven't been playing).
I've got one of those guitars, lol.
blue-guitar.jpg

That looks sooo sweet. For the first time in this thread, I am actually drooling over the pictures.

I LOVE that blue and the contrast with the black, and the bue is almost like the flame maple or figured koa of fancy guitars.

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Geez, I hadn't even thought about it - I'll have to pull her out of the case and take a pic (haven't been playing).
I've got one of those guitars, lol.
View attachment 113212

That one looks real nice. Is that a Charvel or Hamer? I dont know the name 'Signature' on the headstock of that one...

When I play electric, I'm on an authentic 1972 Gibson Les Paul, all solid mahogany, natural brown satin finish.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Speaking of ukulele's time for 1 of my favorite songs.

My favorite version of that song is by IZ.

He is one of my musical heros. Such a shame that he was not more famous before he passed on, and what a giant of a man.

If you like his music, check out his 'official video' live performance of 'White Sandy Beach', that's a great one too, and very soulful.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's actually a "Signature" -
They were a Canadian company, propped up by Alex Lifeson for a few years, then went away...
Just looked it up - existed from 1987 to 1990, so that axe is about 30 years old!
Bumped into a guy back then importing some of them for a couple of the big stores, and he let me buy one direct. It's got my name on it in mother-of-pearl...I'm not a massive Rush fan, I just loved the quality of the guitar... good wood, neck-through...
upload_2018-6-8_19-3-30.png

That one looks real nice. Is that a Charvel or Hamer? I dont know the name 'Signature' on the headstock of that one...

When I play electric, I'm on an authentic 1972 Gibson Les Paul, all solid mahogany, natural brown satin finish.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It's actually a "Signature" -
They were a Canadian company, propped up by Alex Lifeson for a few years, then went away...
Just looked it up - existed from 1987 to 1990, so that axe is about 30 years old!
Bumped into a guy back then importing some of them for a couple of the big stores, and he let me buy one direct. It's got my name on it in mother-of-pearl...I'm not a massive Rush fan, I just loved the quality of the guitar... good wood, neck-through...
View attachment 113216
Thanks for the reply.

Ahh, yes I remember that now. Back in the 80s I listened to Rush a lot, and now recall something about him starting a guitar company.

I've not actively listened to them in at least a decade. But back in the day, Alex had some serious playing chops.

I'm in no way a brand snob, it's whatever sounds and feels good to the player that counts. The headstock reminded me of Charvel and Hamer or even Kramer in some of their guitar styles...

I always preferred a neck-thru-body as opposed to a bolt on. I tried Strat and Tele and some others but never got on with them, mostly due to the neck profile, and found the Les Paul easier to play and could get whatever sound I wanted from it with EQ and effects...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lucy is in HI trying to tame the volcano!

If anyone can do it, Lucy will be the one. Would not surprise me if she convinced the volcano to use a Wasp Nano and got it to be a squonkaholic. What better endorsement could we imagine then, "Look Nature squonks and so do we."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Police have since questioned the suspect, but no charges have been filed.

Nice.

Been refreshing to watch some of the local news over Roku channels. Hawaiians are so passe about it. There's no drama or fear of volcanoes for them. "Poop happens, we'll rebuild."

VU Sponsors