Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Dober 70W on the way with an Exocet from FT. The SXK clones are really well done and I enjoyed the ones I had.
The problem is that I want an RPG. That color just speaks to me for some reason!

My only issue is I use 316L and my resistance jumps all over the place in wattage mode and I can't lock it in on the DNA 60. Never tried nichrome and I REALLY dont want to go back to kanthal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I have been contemplating a BB, just not sure the DNA 60 will do TC so I may, wait to see if they ever plan on using the DNA 75/75C in the box.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the preloaded Billet Box profiles include all the normal wire materials for TC. I'm willing to bet someone in the BB Appreciation thread will know!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would think that those chipsets are too large to fit in there.
You are probably right. My understanding was the DNA 60 was made to swap out the DNA 40 chips and as such, they are of comparable size. Just to be sure, I e-mailed CS at Billet Box asking if and when they plan a DNA 75 box.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the preloaded Billet Box profiles include all the normal wire materials for TC. I'm willing to bet someone in the BB Appreciation thread will know!

Someone there should certainly upload/maintain those profiles for the DNA's, then - like they used to do in the Vt133 thread.

Gonna' be a very cold Hell when I spend what they want for even a BB clone. Love to try it, but I'd rather buy that winchester-style safety and pay the machinist to upgrade my Mauser.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Squeeps!
Checkin in for ya @Wtmke1 , haven’t had a chance to dig around for yer Entheon pin yet.. will get back atcha asap dude.

Leaving for Europe in a little less than 3 weeks, if anyone wants anything from there for my suitcase, hit me up.
Planning to do an order with SignatureTips and Atimizoo.. and I found a place in Paris that has my all-time unicorn, the Vaponaute Le Zeppelin !
Not sure I’ll be able to swing €250 on it, but hopefully work treats me well.
; )
A lot of places over there have free domestic shipping to my flat in Paris so if you’re in need of anything and don’t want the extra shipping charge to the States, gimme a holler.
Not back until the middle of July though so will be a little wait for ya.
Cheers Bonkz
:hug:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Squeeps!
Checkin in for ya @Wtmke1 , haven’t had a chance to dig around for yer Entheon pin yet.. will get back atcha asap dude.

Leaving for Europe in a little less than 3 weeks, if anyone wants anything from there for my suitcase, hit me up.
Planning to do an order with SignatureTips and Atimizoo.. and I found a place in Paris that has my all-time unicorn, the Vaponaute Le Zeppelin !
; )
A lot of places over there have free domestic shipping to my flat in Paris so if you’re in need of anything and don’t want the extra shipping charge to the States, gimme a holler.
Cheers Bonkz
Must be a wonderful job to be able to travel like that. Enjoy your trip dude. No worries on that squonk pin.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is counterfeit Cotton Bacon 2.0 out there. I got some from Direct Vapor and it's like you describe - shit. You can tell the difference between the good stuff by the way the cotton separates when you strip a piece off. I'm going to try some prime also....

EDIT: The good stuff will separate cleanly. The counterfeit stuff will tear jagged with little bits of cotton sticking out everywhere.

Last edited:

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The KLS is exactly what you are looking for but impossible to find, even the authentically challenged ones are out of stock.
01-pieces-2.jpg
There is one local to me for sale right now.Guy wants $90 for it.It is the second one that has been up locally,so I wouldn't say impossible to find.More like rarer than hens teeth lol.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is counterfeit Cotton Bacon 2.0 out there. I got some from Direct Vapor and it's like you describe - shit. You can tell the difference between the good stuff by the way the cotton separates when you strip a piece off. I'm going to try some prime also....

EDIT: The good stuff will separate cleanly. The counterfeit stuff will tear jagged with little bits of cotton sticking out everywhere.
That's how mine separates and I got it from Vapor DNA....
The Prime is good, wicks a bit faster than v2. I like Prime in rta types, v2 in rdas.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's how mine separates and I got it from Vapor DNA....
The Prime is good, wicks a bit faster than v2. I like Prime in rta types, v2 in rdas.

I need to get more V2...the Prime I have I thought, "Sweet faster wicking" not that great in comparison in RSAs, but muscle through the 2 packs (1 now ) I have left.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Anyone using Cotton Bacon 2.0? First 24-36 hours seems really really good, then the flavor just drops off. There is a Prime version as well, not sure if it's any different or better.
Have you ever tried kendo gold? I used to use nothing but CB but I've switched over to kendo now and only use my CB for flavor testing because I have so many bags of it still lol. Seems to last longer and it's a little more heat resistant imo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Squeeps!

; )
Cheers Bonkz

Safe travels homie! And with all things.. Qui n'avance pas, recule

P.s Ill take a SigTip-Ultem Hadaly ;) merci!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Squeeps!

; )
Cheers Bonkz
Save travels! Nice when your job puts you right where you want to be.

Atmizoo you say? Vapeshell for me!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Squeeps!

; )
Cheers Bonkz
Sois en sécurité dans tes voyages et sois sage! Si tu ne peux pas être bon, sois en sécurité parce que les accidents rendent les gens:vino:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have been using cotton bacon v2 in a STM RBA at 16 watts for months. wicking is good for 2 weeks at 2 tanks per day.
Also been using it a Merlin RTA (original) since I got them a month or so ago. wicks also seem to last 2 weeks with a couple of tanks per day at 26 watts.
And I use it in my Wasps with also at least a 2 week timeframe on a Squeeze. Unless I forget to sqounk and singe a wick :)

I use 26 ga ss316l roundwire builds in all of them.
The merlin has 3mm 10 wrap parallel .34 build and so do the Wasps.
The STM has a .45 3mm build. 5-6 wrap if I remember correctly.

Got some prime from a friend and also a new package but afraid to try it since I have over a years worth of CB2 :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I still have 50 billion feet of rayon from Sally's, but in the interest of experimentation picked up some Cotton Bacon V2. Maybe just use to rayon, since I've been using it for a couple years. The flavor with rayon seems sharper, but not as full as the Cotton Bacon. It seems with the Cotton Bacon V2 the flavor just sort of wasn't as full as the first day or day and a half. Maybe more experimentation with the CB V2 is in order.

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have been using cotton bacon v2 in a STM RBA at 16 watts for months. wicking is good for 2 weeks at 2 tanks per day.
Also been using it a Merlin RTA (original) since I got them a month or so ago. wicks also seem to last 2 weeks with a couple of tanks per day at 26 watts.
And I use it in my Wasps with also at least a 2 week timeframe on a Squeeze. Unless I forget to sqounk and singe a wick :)

I use 26 ga ss316l roundwire builds in all of them.
The merlin has 3mm 10 wrap parallel .34 build and so do the Wasps.
The STM has a .45 3mm build. 5-6 wrap if I remember correctly.

Got some prime from a friend and also a new package but afraid to try it since I have over a years worth of CB2 :)
I bought a pack of the Prime since I was almost out of the V2 and liking it. Seems a bit denser and seems to wick a little faster and may hold more juice. Both of them are good though IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, for some really thick juices I have found that shallower RSAs (like my Wasp) don't wick fast enough for chain-ish vaping. I find I have to use a hybrid squonk and drip approach to keep things running smoothly. While driving that makes it tricky so I was looking for something with maybe top airflow that would let me get more than 50% above the coil. I can't think of any though, so I was hoping maybe there was an oddball or lesser-known RSA I was missing.

Ahhhh, ok. I understand where you’re coming from now. Thank you for explaining. The only top airflow that I can think of right now would be the Athena. It’s a postless deck so you may be able to get the coils low enough to get the juice level up to saturate the wick good.

Carpe Nidor

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well my order from slowtech showed up in the mailbox today. Tracking just now updated to our for delivery. Anyway a couple of pics.
97086d7a30c07dd6b15f1563a3209499.jpg
387a5fedd48f8a6166a81ce2ec00bcc7.jpg

There would be one of the entheon clone on a mod but as sometimes happens when you order knockoffs the threads for the squonk pin are strip on the positive post. Ya get what you pay for. One of these days I’ll find my threading bits and rethread the posit and add a slightly larger squonk pin. Until then I’ll just save my pennies and buy the real thing later.

Carpe Nidor

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well my order from slowtech showed up in the mailbox today. Tracking just now updated to our for delivery. Anyway a couple of pics.
There would be one of the entheon clone on a mod but as sometimes happens when you order knockoffs the threads for the squonk pin are strip on the positive post. Ya get what you pay for. One of these days I’ll find my threading bits and rethread the posit and add a slightly larger squonk pin. Until then I’ll just save my pennies and buy the real thing later.
Carpe Nidor

Digging my Luxotic/Wasp combo. Few days in the open air and the stench of the Luxotic is all gone.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cheers @BrewBear .. accidents are bound to happen, just without the vino for me, merci!
;)

@Wtmke1 .. Gotcha dude. When I do unearth the damn the thing, will get it to ya

@jmoney426 .. Vapeshell is what I’m after too, if I miss the drop they have em in stock at Vapeland in Greece so will go that route if needed, I’ll keep you posted when it’s closer and maybe we can work somethin out.

@So619Cal .. will do man. Least I can do to repay ya for the coils & juice!
Ordering from SigTips when I’m in London, last week of May so will go to my place there with free shipping. Lemme know if there’s anything else you’d like dude. You won’t get anything until mid-July so just pretend I’m Fasstech
o_O

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just putting 2 & 2 together here, and causing trouble...but the air slots in a Nuppin are high enough that you can completely submerge a coil. Not if you loop it up over the center post, but you can if you build it low, like me.
I know I have other atties that let me really soak it, too - but maybe not completely. I'd have to look at a couple contenders, and I'm away, with only a Haku and a Gorge.
Gorge is close - you can just about cover the coil with liquid if it's low...
(Not that diff from a Wasp, but for some reason, I hated the Wasp and like the Gorge)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cheers @BrewBear .. accidents are bound to happen, just without the vino for me, merci!
;)

@Wtmke1 .. Gotcha dude. When I do unearth the damn the thing, will get it to ya

@jmoney426 .. Vapeshell is what I’m after too, if I miss the drop they have em in stock at Vapeland in Greece so will go that route if needed, I’ll keep you posted when it’s closer and maybe we can work somethin out.

@So619Cal .. will do man. Least I can do to repay ya for the coils & juice!
Ordering from SigTips when I’m in London, last week of May so will go to my place there with free shipping. Lemme know if there’s anything else you’d like dude. You won’t get anything until mid-July so just pretend I’m Fasstech
o_O
Good looking out, Furet!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you try the SXK Vapeshell?
All this talk about BB, I'm really tempted to get one....fortunately they are sold out....for now.
I just might have to tag you for a Vapeshell in a month or two:headbang:

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well I like the flavor from the wasp but it’s a noisy little bastard. @The Cromwell you’re the wasp guru. How do you get the whistle out of it? Round off the edges of the airflow slots on the top cap? Coil up high or down low?

Carpe Nidor

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you try the SXK Vapeshell?
All this talk about BB, I'm really tempted to get one....fortunately they are sold out....for now.
I just might have to tag you for a Vapeshell in a month or two:headbang:

Wait. Did you just actually ask me if I tried an SXK clone Brewski?
quelle horreur!!
:D

BilletBox restock every Saturday on the site man!

VU Sponsors