Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
At that price, I'd buy another pico and a luxotic bottle.

Maybe an alternate idea, but then there is no DIY aspect (which I rather like) nor the ability for self-repair down the road if needed.

Yep a Pico Squeeze is just $17 and no modifications needed.

One major issue with lots of folks on the Wasqueeze train over on /ecr is that folks getting the Pico Squeeze back in Dec2017-Feb2018 is that there were lots of reports of it auto-firing when unattended. (maybe a dozen folks had this issue and commented on it during that time)

Also a member over there named VapeMacguyver took the Pico Squeeze apart, and there is no good way to insulate the electronics from liquid contamination (which was considered the most likely cause of the auto-firing issue). Additionally, in his photos of the tear-down, the soldering was really dodgy and lots of cold-solder joints, which is a continuity failure waiting to happen over time.

I know lots of you love the Squeeze and might think nothing of tossing a faulty unit and grabbing another, but I prefer to err on the side of caution and know that the guts of my device have greater integrity.

If I am the one soldering a Switchfet into the guts of the mod, I can be certain of how it is done, and I have lots of experience with a soldering iron. :)

Pico Squeeze no hold 20700, though... To me, that's a serious consideration.
Yes, no 2x700, and also nothing bigger than 22mm, which means that my beloved Goon v1 is left out on that device.

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://www.fasttech.com/p/3981606

my grub screws for my wasp nanos came today

surprisingly happy with such a small, unassuming parcel :bliss:

much better than the flat heads
Yeah, I had asked around and learned they were the same as the Griffin-25 threads, so I stole a set; ordered a bag; and restocked the griff-25. I definitely prefer reaching blind for ONE tee-tool, and not scrounging blindly for Yet Another Driver.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm kinda enjoying the ease of swapping and the spare caps, but you can share the fix anyways... Is it the one Bogan used?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

I have no idea what Bogan did or if it's the same but it works well - #18950

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That almost makes sense, (the entire metal tube still bugs me) - NOW... How do we replace the switch when it inevitably dies?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine too. Couldn't resist and I doubt many people would go for the same thing so quite unique :)
I wish I would've thought of something cool like that to go on the one I have on the way.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe an alternate idea, but then there is no DIY aspect (which I rather like) nor the ability for self-repair down the road if needed.

One major issue with lots of folks on the Wasqueeze train over on /ecr is that folks getting the Pico Squeeze back in Dec2017-Feb2018 is that there were lots of reports of it auto-firing when unattended. (maybe a dozen folks had this issue and commented on it during that time)

Also a member over there named VapeMacguyver took the Pico Squeeze apart, and there is no good way to insulate the electronics from liquid contamination (which was considered the most likely cause of the auto-firing issue). Additionally, in his photos of the tear-down, the soldering was really dodgy and lots of cold-solder joints, which is a continuity failure waiting to happen over time.

I know lots of you love the Squeeze and might think nothing of tossing a faulty unit and grabbing another, but I prefer to err on the side of caution and know that the guts of my device have greater integrity.

If I am the one soldering a Switchfet into the guts of the mod, I can be certain of how it is done, and I have lots of experience with a soldering iron. :)

Yes, no 2x700, and also nothing bigger than 22mm, which means that my beloved Goon v1 is left out on that device.

Yep Lucy had one go autofire on her.
With my .34 26ga SS coils it may mess up the topcap on the wasp. But once the wick dries out the 26 ga wire will act as a fuse and burn open.
During testing it burned open a 24 ga SS coil in maybe 2 seconds. Using SS wire has an advantage of acting like a fuse if things go wrong.

Also most people still seem to think that the Squeeze somehow regulates the wattage to a max of 50 W.
It does not. But running over 50W much may damage the Mosfet and cause autofire.
I even saw reviewers stating that the Squeeze regulated to a max of 50W.

Been using the same Pico Squeeze daily since last fall with no issues.

But yes for $17 one cannot expect stellar quality.

No complaints from me on the Squeeze.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yep Lucy had one go autofire on her.
With my .34 26ga SS coils it may mess up the topcap on the wasp. But once the wick dries out the 26 ga wire will act as a fuse and burn open.
During testing it burned open a 24 ga SS coil in maybe 2 seconds. Using SS wire has an advantage of acting like a fuse if things go wrong.

Also most people still seem to think that the Squeeze somehow regulates the wattage to a max of 50 W.
It does not. But running over 50W much may damage the Mosfet and cause autofire.
I even saw reviewers stating that the Squeeze regulated to a max of 50W.

Been using the same Pico Squeeze daily since last fall with no issues.

But yes for $17 one cannot expect stellar quality.

No complaints from me on the Squeeze.
Thanks for the reply and for sharing your experience here.

I plan to do more research before doing anything, especially since the vape budget is empty right now, so I gots the time...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't really worry much about the squeeze auto firing... Oh noes my 11a build on my 25a battery lol...OH noes my Clone RSA melted.

I am truly about safety, but the last thing I am worried about even with my Mechs is auto firing.

I am not saying it won't or couldn't happen...just that I do enough to reduce that possibility (Maintenance and good ole common sense) ...even mods out and about ( Pico for reference ) if its in my pocket...Battery is not in the mod...sure some might find this cumbersome...I don't.

I don't leave batteries in mods when I sleep, nor on charge, heck even my phones and tablets are off charge over night.

Not afraid of much in life...but I have a healthy respect for precautionary measures.

Slight Tangent: I might open up my oldest Pico and see just how much seepage there is in there...If I find it unacceptable or worrisome, I might use some silicone and call it good.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Slight Tangent: I might open up my oldest Pico and see just how much seepage there is in there...If I find it unacceptable or worrisome, I might use some silicone and call it good.

I have not looked inside of a squeeze yet.
I tend to not take things apart unless there is a need to do so.
Might see if DJLSB or Busardo has taken one apart...
Todd usually only takes mechs apart.
Of course taking mechs apart is a requirement to keep them running.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have not looked inside of a squeeze yet.
I tend to not take things apart unless there is a need to do so.
Might see if DJLSB or Busardo has taken one apart...
Todd usually only takes mechs apart.
Of course taking mechs apart is a requirement to keep them running.

I know for a fact Daniel hasn't... I PM'd him a while back asking if he ever did a review of the squeeze... his response was," They never sent me one to review"

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Two quick questions for the bonky neighborhood squonkers:

1. NarDa or NarCa?
2. Are there any clones for the Basic 1.1? I can only find for the original.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

1. NarDa or NarCa?

I like the NarDa a lot...haven't tried the NarCa yet... I would wager its a good vape also. I say get the one that looks better for you... I like the Dar cause I can use a 810'ish wide drip tip on it where as the Car you can't...well you can, but it would look silly ;)

Probably in a month or 2 there will be a 1.1 clone for us to try.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Vapinart will have the Krma today at 5pm eastern if anyone's interested. Probably sell out in 5 mins but you've been warned.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply and for sharing your experience here.

I plan to do more research before doing anything, especially since the vape budget is empty right now, so I gots the time...

Keep in mind when my Pico auto fired it was well over a year old and had been a daily driver and at times abused - I even forgot it under my house once in Alaska winter time

And it probably could have been fixed but I was out of town when it happened

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The authentic 1.1 is definitely out lol. I think they're going to be running their 4th list in a week. I give the clone another couple week to start getting listed.

EDIT: Still trying to get used to this Android keyboard. Just a hair different from the iPhone one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The authentic 1.1 is definitely out lol. I think they're going to be running their 4th list in a week. I give the clone another couple week to start getting listed.

EDIT: Still trying to get used to this Android keyboard. Just a hair different from the iPhone one.

You can likely get an iPhone style keyboard in the app store.

Lots of keyboards out there. I have a few installed

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Definitely give the SwiftKey keyboard a try. Like really, absolutely, don't doubt, don't hesitate, don't worry, don't overthink it or even think at all, just install it.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would anyone be interested in an Asmodus Luna/authentic Haku Phenom combo? Haku comes with shock cap and two Never Normal slam caps in black and frost clear, as well as a clear SXK 510 cap. Say $220 for everything?

It's my least used setup and I think I want to raise some funds for an authentic Billet Box.

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
Looking for a single coil RDA/RSA that will allow me to fully (or very close to fully) cover my coil with juice without leaking. Any suggestions?

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Looking for a single coil RDA/RSA that will allow me to fully (or very close to fully) cover my coil with juice without leaking. Any suggestions?

I don’t think there is anything that would let you get enough juice to cover the coil. May I ask why you would want that much juice in the atty?

Carpe Nidor

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wotofo recurve. mine doesn't leak if I squonk it quickly when standing flat but I have had it leak out the airflow a couple times when I squonked it in my hand on an angle (and probably too long/hard of a squonk) while it was warm from chain vaping.

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
I don’t think there is anything that would let you get enough juice to cover the coil. May I ask why you would want that much juice in the atty?

Carpe Nidor

Yeah, for some really thick juices I have found that shallower RSAs (like my Wasp) don't wick fast enough for chain-ish vaping. I find I have to use a hybrid squonk and drip approach to keep things running smoothly. While driving that makes it tricky so I was looking for something with maybe top airflow that would let me get more than 50% above the coil. I can't think of any though, so I was hoping maybe there was an oddball or lesser-known RSA I was missing.

Adonis

Member For 1 Year
Yeah, for some really thick juices I have found that shallower RSAs (like my Wasp) don't wick fast enough for chain-ish vaping. I find I have to use a hybrid squonk and drip approach to keep things running smoothly. While driving that makes it tricky so I was looking for something with maybe top airflow that would let me get more than 50% above the coil. I can't think of any though, so I was hoping maybe there was an oddball or lesser-known RSA I was missing.

Dead rabbit sq. Just started using mine so don't have a proper opinion on good /bad yet but you could squonk a whole load of juice in there before it reached the airflow

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The KLS is exactly what you are looking for but impossible to find, even the authentically challenged ones are out of stock.
01-pieces-2.jpg

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are half-assed micro-tank "squonking stomizers"/RSA around, but it sounds like you need to stop squeezing and honking on that poor lil bastard for a few seconds. No wick will keep up with you, from the sounds of it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would anyone be interested in an Asmodus Luna/authentic Haku Phenom combo? Haku comes with shock cap and two Never Normal slam caps in black and frost clear, as well as a clear SXK 510 cap. Say $220 for everything?

It's my least used setup and I think I want to raise some funds for an authentic Billet Box.

You could get the SXK one from 2fdeal, $100 with the DNA60 in it......
I'm waiting for the DNA 75C model......whenever it will be.

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

1. NarDa or NarCa?
Narca is my all time favourite RDA for squonking, I wasn't keen on it at first but once i figured out a good build I fell in love and now own several (SXK) of them.

I did think the original Narda was ok and had good flavor but it was a pain to build and struggled with anything other than roundwire.

I find the Narca is much easier to build, easily accommodates bigger builds and although it has a bit more air at its fully open position, the slammed cap and thoughtful design ensure that the flavour is still fantastic.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could get the SXK one from 2fdeal, $100 with the DNA60 in it......
I'm waiting for the DNA 75C model......whenever it will be.
I have a Dober 70W on the way with an Exocet from FT. The SXK clones are really well done and I enjoyed the ones I had.
The problem is that I want an RPG. That color just speaks to me for some reason!

My only issue is I use 316L and my resistance jumps all over the place in wattage mode and I can't lock it in on the DNA 60. Never tried nichrome and I REALLY dont want to go back to kanthal.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
7EBDEB4F-5614-4E1F-881F-653E7967A0E7.jpeg
I checked in with the team that does the transcription services for the squonker’s thread to see what everybody thinks about a squonk set.

Ksocmelaldnxjchdjakslcmfhsixiwtwrsvxnc,xoaoahsgsbzkaka,d.soajsbsjxkfnehshxjciwiiqudufjgodps,smzbcvchshsjdkfiruwyqtsvbdjdlspwiwgdhcjdnwgaraexhdkdlfmfnfjxgaiapaldmfnfhsgausidofoemanbgcufowloapapsidhctstwhjmdckjvvgagsgcjvifoowknhchchfjfjfjfjpqkwgcjvlglwocjgnj2ofkgmtjsovkgmwaspjdbfjckaksmcncjsksodogkgmsnshchfjgkgogoepwppwiystsrsrdhdkcldmakakdkfnsvxcznzlsososodjdbdhchfjgmfkwoaishcnfjfodoqpqpejeyrutitoroowksjfngngjkrkwokrjjhjvfkorpqpqoustrsdagjskslvojbsnmx,soaihaganckofooapaojbxhjfkeo1okfjfjhfueiwoapdormwnsycugmt,woqappaqnnhhfufodowkw.s.sksusudidkeospdifhsgvcxmxkcofpepsiuhbdbdjckvogkgkejhssgfqtsofofofprhgsbjcvowjabccugkkjhshvjgkfkeoapdpfmwbscxfghajakpsodbdbdnckxoaowjwbHD’s$fatatueirofpsowjbcjvkgoeiaj)’eofo’kkdkdhevwusytsfsbdofkwnbhivokwkshhcufiroepicosqueezebeudocormabxhvkgoepaksncjvkglhlhkrjwyataexrgcjvobonbmwbsfcyjohpgpwjsnchfjgktklpspxichcbwbjsysrrdyudikfjfnjdjdoxopxfpkkjjdjjfjfjvosusrserwuqoofpgmtmbsvuovtffpwjhxgchckskalaskvpvuatarexgkdofkroskfjfjrkekdkgkmhmjkpspwkdjgkvowiyetsyjjfkgjfhd

I think I deciphered it correctly.
DFD3D161-947C-48CE-ADEA-0DB71C4C262C.jpeg

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
There are half-assed micro-tank "squonking stomizers"/RSA around, but it sounds like you need to stop squeezing and honking on that poor lil bastard for a few seconds. No wick will keep up with you, from the sounds of it.

Hah! No, I'm not doing anything extreme, not even truly chain-vaping, just like 2-3 pulls over maybe 30 seconds occasionally. Almost all of my thinner juices are perfectly fine, but two of the thicker ones just can't keep up even if I squonk in between pulls. It just isn't getting quite far enough up on the coil/wick and it takes longer than I'd like to wick normally. I am going to try a larger diameter and looser wick to see if that helps with these two juices, but I wouldn't mind dedicating an RSA to thicker stuff.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a 3mm diameter .34 ohm 26 ga SS316l coil in my Wasps.
And in my Merlins too.

Perhaps you need to turn down your wattage?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How DO you remove that bottle simply?
The "tap it out" method? Will try that soon - I'm on the road again, and Neofet's not a road unit, lol.

His new Video out today, FiL and GooberFet. He pointed out 2 faults with the mod... one being the bottle removal and the face plate sitting flush...I mentioned to him how to remove said bottle simply ;) As for the face plate, there is a simple remedy, but as a reviewer I see his point where it wasn't perfect ;)

VU Sponsors