Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey Squeeps,
A big weekend for me, after a week of virtually non-vaping, yesterday I sold about 75% of my collection to a fellow collector buddy. Sad to see some of it go but waowwww it feels like a weight has been lifted. ...and transferred to my wallet ; )
I'm not sure what to do with all this room!

Finally down to my ideal of less than a dozen mods & attys, most of which have 'Le' in the title. : P
Including BilLEt Box.
:giggle:
Only squonk remaining is the TLF.
My go-to now is the Kandypens RUBI, JUUL style but refillable. Battery life is awful but with Nic Salts I only need a puff or two every few hours. Nice little pocket bomber for a quick fix. Also has a lifetime warranty which is great provided I don't lose the thing. It is TINY.

Also today is my 2 year 'birthday' of being off booze and drugs. That went by suuuuper fast.
:confetti:

Celebrated with a big ass milkshake and now I feel like I'm slipping into a coma.

I found this on eBay just now, I remember there was a lot of interest not too long ago before squonking hit the big time, a heads up for any of you who might still want one ..
( @BrewBear ?)

IMG_7832.jpg

Welp... I'll be pretty scarce on here again, had a project fall through and another kick in so now will need to be in France from end of May - July and back again Oct - Dec.
I'm not sure what to shop for now for my 'fun' time... vaping stores don't seem as exciting to me at all. I miss the olden days of less choices and better gear.
The cycle continues...

Big love and happy weekend to y'all
Keep it squeezy
X

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Maybe meld the 2 , silver copper contacts in the metal v1 ? ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Only one person here has one so far (can't remember who)

I took forever to order one because they look hideous - I'm going to paint mine if I like it

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
There are two types of electroplating solutions, the cyanide based and non-cyanide. If you're going to work in a shed, the non-cyanide would be preferred. Since you're about to look into it, consider silver plating followed by rhodium plating, this way there will be no oxidation. Look at Rio Grande Jewelry but I gotta tell you the solutions are a bit pricey.

Hey Brewski - did you ever actually make a firing pin out of any of that .999 silver from Rio?

If so, what gauge did you use?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Brewski - did you ever actually make a firing pin out of any of that .999 silver from Rio?

If so, what gauge did you use?

I can't speak for the CV, but most conventional mods I have seen utilize 24g, its those that are eek'n out the most space as possible use 26g (Like my Molly ) If the CV has a ton of room for contacts and for a battery, you can even go with 22g.

I need to grab some 26g so I can convert the Molly.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I can't speak for the CV, but most conventional mods I have seen utilize 24g, its those that are eek'n out the most space as possible use 26g (Like my Molly ) If the CV has a ton of room for contacts and for a battery, you can even go with 22g.

I need to grab some 26g so I can convert the Molly.

I was hoping to go 20, this stuff is only 1/4 hard

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was hoping to go 20, this stuff is only 1/4 hard
Why I think that plated will work best in a CV along with a plated screw on the switch.
Needs to be springy no squonk bottle pushing it back like in the other squonkers.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why I think that plated will work best in a CV along with a plated screw on the switch.
Needs to be springy no squonk bottle pushing it back line in the other squonkers.

Only downfall with SP Contacts is the exposed copper edge(s) once cut and rounded.

Similar to when I made my SP contacts from my Neo and cut them to fit the molly (Only had to change total length on the vertical ) , the rounded curve to hit the 510 wasn't plated anymore, the rest was.

Same with cutting out for the 510 upper, once you punch or drill out for that, exposed parts again, since its done after plating.

Now someone who is keen to plating ;) Non-issue.

Still better than Brass so I'll defer to that.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope! Sorry, I never used their silver for my mods but I did use it for the chain maille jewelry I made. most times I buy the casting grain silver and cast ingots that i run on the rolling mill. I use sterling silver and that does get springy (work hardened). Fine silver doesn't get very springy, even when work hardened. Most, if not all of the silver springs are made of sterling silver and that stuff will tarnish.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Needs to be springy no squonk bottle pushing it back like in the other squonkers.

Only downfall with SP Contacts is the exposed copper edge(s) once cut and rounded.

Similar to when I made my SP contacts from my Neo and cut them to fit the molly (Only had to change total length on the vertical ) , the rounded curve to hit the 510 wasn't plated anymore, the rest was.

Same with cutting out for the 510 upper, once you punch or drill out for that, exposed parts again, since its done after plating.

Now someone who is keen to plating ;) Non-issue.

Still better than Brass so I'll defer to that.

Yea - I do have some plated copper but didn't want to cut it because of that

I'm just doing this because I want to anyways, not like I don't have anything good to squonk - and I can always just put it back together with the old shit or a stock rebuild kit, lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
ahh but if one plates the stock screw and springy strip no cutting and trimming is needed.
And if fitting is needed it needs to be done before plating.

When you are ready, I will do it all the way - heck, if you get good at it, I might have you plate a whole mod, lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you are ready, I will do it all the way - heck, if you get good at it, I might have you plate a whole mod, lol
Could plate brass but not alum I think.
Might be able to do alum but would require some other prep plating first I suspect.

Long time ago I nickel plated some brass candlesticks a guy made on his lathe.
Turned out pretty nice.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would that rubbing silver work on the cut edges ?
Never tried it but claims to plate it , although be very thin if it did.

An supposed to be using silver not sure if true of not,
they use on tarnished trinkets an such ? To replace rubbed off plated silver ?
Never used it ,
plating it best bet i know
but just thought id ask maybe some one has used some for something at some point,

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjAAegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw3G2VP2bkzEKuv-aIxiROai

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Would that rubbing silver work on the cut edges ?
Never tried it but claims to plate it , although be very thin if it did.

I have no idea - the only thing I know about electroplating is that I refuse to buy jewelry that is plated because it rubs off and generally is crap, lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Could plate brass but not alum I think.
Might be able to do alum but would require some other prep plating first I suspect.

Long time ago I nickel plated some brass candlesticks a guy made on his lathe.
Turned out pretty nice.

Nickel can be gorgeous - and I do have a spare brass CV ;)

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea - the only thing I know about electroplating is that I refuse to buy jewelry that is plated because it rubs off and generally is crap, lol
Usually plated to thin like 0.5 micron or such so yeah wears off,

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep but depends on how heavy one electroplates it.
Then there is electro brush plating.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did I buy the right stuff for my contacts?
1fb4eb2206ce7db90250d933c5015ea5.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
That is red. Which cleans. You put that on and let it dry an hour prior to applying the gold. Or just use gold alone like most people. That one you have by itself is not very useful

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
7214298c-0de7-45d3-a37d-dc9494dc8803-jpeg.105739
View attachment 105739 View attachment 105740 The way I have it now isn’t perfect, but works well. The MM510 screws right in, but makes the switch too low and like Lucy said can’t get the nut on. What I done was used a modmaker 22mm washer with an O ring underneath the washer on top, not perfect but looks ok is solid and works good. Both fixes the switch throw and the O ring helps prevent the 510 from unscrewing when removing the atty. I’d like to get it to sit flush later just because of OCD, but works just fine so no hurry.

Lowe’s has solid brass strips in the bins by the bolts, used those to replace the brass plated steel. I just used flush cuts to cut length and holes and rounded edges with dremel for way better spring. Been running it at .13 dual coil with 0 arcing or heat.

@JuicyLucy interested in seeing yours when it’s finished

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 105739 View attachment 105740 The way I have it now isn’t perfect, but works well. The MM510 screws right in, but makes the switch too low and like Lucy said can’t get the nut on. What I done was used a modmaker 22mm washer with an O ring underneath the washer on top, not perfect but looks ok is solid and works good. Both fixes the switch throw and the O ring helps prevent the 510 from unscrewing when removing the atty. I’d like to get it to sit flush later just because of OCD, but works just fine so no hurry.

Lowe’s has solid brass strips in the bins by the bolts, used those to replace the brass plated steel. I just used flush cuts to cut length and holes and rounded edges with dremel for way better spring. Been running it at .13 dual coil with 0 arcing or heat.

@JuicyLucy interested in seeing yours when it’s finished

Dang - I can't see your photos - I'm curious to have a look for sure to see how you did it :)

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
A couple pics of the top, 510 sticks up a bit, but the friction of the squashed O ring against the mod helps the 510 from backing out when unscrewing the atty and helps maintain a good button through. The 510 might try to back out if I was to way over tighten the atty, but just screwing it in until it stops it comes back off just fine.
24C8D907-C230-4AC5-A00C-342E7F511C29.jpeg 42650907-F08E-40EF-94D6-0253CED43E99.jpeg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A couple pics of the top, 510 sticks up a bit, but the friction of the squashed O ring against the mod helps the 510 from backing out when unscrewing the atty and helps maintain a good button through. The 510 might try to back out if I was to way over tighten the atty, but just screwing it in until it stops it comes back off just fine.
View attachment 105746 View attachment 105747

I was too much of a tight arse to buy the mm 510 tightening tool too

Planning to order one, just haven't got to it

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thank you and yeah, looking for a new mod (kinda want a red one)

Its too heavy to be an all day carry for me, besides the fact it's about the only mod I own I worry about marring, lol

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So being noisey im always looking at mods an came across this wtf .now this looks stunning
An no info anywhere about it
42c7d71ee245dfa99ba7fb12ecc66899.jpg

Usb port so might be semi reg or pcb , maybe switchfet type god know , but dam looks a lovely mod regardless
12452e5a16bcf80f7eab55d37c72d62b.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So being noisey im always looking at mods an came across this wtf .now this looks stunning
An no info anywhere about it
42c7d71ee245dfa99ba7fb12ecc66899.jpg

Usb port so might be semi reg or pcb , maybe switchfet type god know , but dam looks a lovely mod regardless
12452e5a16bcf80f7eab55d37c72d62b.jpg
They copied the pico but made it looks nicer golden bling an nice resin ,

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sounds like the feed system Mark Buggs has in his squonk mods.
Yeah id prefer it to be user Replaceable bottle myself.
there trying to come up with something new.
Im guessing. Dint Mark Todd say it worked ok though

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah id prefer it to be user Replaceable bottle myself.
there trying to come up with something new.
Im guessing. Dint Mark Todd say it worked ok though

Yeah, he said it works fine, you just have to figure out how much juice will go in the atty before it floods.

VU Sponsors