Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I meant the OG Kayfun Lite with the non adjustable airflow. Perfect for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You mead the one everybody complained AF was too tight and had to be drilled out? In that case you will not be thrilled with the MTL kit. I am hoping the Galaxies rda will be better, I'll order it after CNY.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mead the one everybody complained AF was too tight and had to be drilled out? In that case you will not be thrilled with the MTL kit. I am hoping the Galaxies rda will be better, I'll order it after CNY.

Yup that would be the one! You just saved me $10. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It might very well be tight enough for your preference, I have been spoiled by the Cyclone and Chalice III. I hope I don't start to sound like another member here, but for me, there are two types of rdas: the DL and MTL! Once a DL, always a DL, restricted or not. So far, the MTL atties specifically designed for MTL are the ones with airflow restricted enough for me, and even then some are a bit too airy.

:giggle:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As just about any other aspect in vaping, tastes and opinions are subjective. I recently saw a member recommending the Wasp and Hadaly as MTL atties to a noob. Well, It may very well be a restricted draw for this member, and more power to him, but for a noob making the transition from analogs to vaping it will be a horrendous experience! We should/must keep in mind that not everybody vapes the way we do. I always preface my recommendations by saying that I prefer a very tight mtl draw.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
His reputation is pretty :poop:y but he has his brainwashed groupies . Just wait until you get the mod, cash it in if you don't care for it and buy something you really like with the money.
Or better yet do both.
If this asshole isn't sending out wins then he is committing internet fraud.
So fuck him why be nice?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As just about any other aspect in vaping, tastes and opinions are subjective. I recently saw a member recommending the Wasp and Hadaly as MTL atties to a noob. Well, It may very well be a restricted draw for this member, and more power to him, but for a noob making the transition from analogs to vaping it will be a horrendous experience! We should/must keep in mind that not everybody vapes the way we do. I always preface my recommendations by saying that I prefer a very tight mtl draw.
I can see where someone who started out on beastie tanks and 100+ watts might think a wasp was a mtl. They just do not know any better....

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I went ahead and picked up the Vzone Simply Squonk (yesterday, I had only given it a quick test drive with my Kryten on top... the Kryten normally sits on my Pulse, so it's easy to make comparissons).

Now that I owned the kit, I built the RDA. I used the top terminals on the outside, and installed a set of Geek Vape's Ni80 Alpha Braids (awesome coils, BTW). It came out to 0.16 Ohms. Easy enough to build, and easier to wick. It's got a very nice juice well (about 7mm, with an outer trench to hold a little juice when the squonk sucks back the excess).

The air gets to the coils through a couple scalloped slots, and I positioned the coils just above and to the inside. It is reminiscent of the Desire Mad Dog, but a little less straight forward, and little more open. The air can be restricted by turning the top cap.

The drip tip is just a run of the mill ultem 810 tip. Nothing to see, here, folks. Move along.

The flavor is good... not the best, but certainly more than just passable.

Just to touch an a few points I mentioned yesterday... great on/off switch, 20700/21700/18650 battery options, easy battery and bottle removal using the ribbon.

Some have complained that the mouth of the bottle is too small, and, although it IS small, I had exactly ZERO issues filling the bottle using a 60ml chubby gorilla.

Some have also complained about the color of the kit, and color mismatch with the RDA and drip tio.

The only real drawback I can really think of (at this price point for a complere kit) is that It'll be impossible to disassemble for contact cleaning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I went ahead and picked up the Vzone Simply Squonk (yesterday, I had only given it a quick test drive with my Kryten on top... the Kryten normally sits on my Pulse, so it's easy to make comparissons).

Now that I owned the kit, I built the RDA. I used the top terminals on the outside, and installed a set of Geek Vape's Ni80 Alpha Braids (awesome coils, BTW). It came out to 0.16 Ohms. Easy enough to build, and easier to wick. It's got a very nice juice well (about 7mm, with an outer trench to hold a little juice when the squonk sucks back the excess).

The air gets to the coils through a couple scalloped slots, and I positioned the coils just above and to the inside. It is reminiscent of the Desire Mad Dog, but a little less straight forward, and little more open. The air can be restricted by turning the top cap.

The drip tip is just a run of the mill ultem 810 tip. Nothing to see, here, folks. Move along.

The flavor is good... not the best, but certainly more than just passable.

Just to touch an a few points I mentioned yesterday... great on/off switch, 20700/21700/18650 battery options, easy battery and bottle removal using the ribbon.

Some have complained that the mouth of the bottle is too small, and, although it IS small, I had exactly ZERO issues filling the bottle using a 60ml chubby gorilla.

Some have also complained about the color of the kit, and color mismatch with the RDA and drip tio.

The only real drawback I can really think of (at this price point for a complere kit) is that It'll be impossible to disassemble for contact cleaning.

@shawn.hoefer , how big are the bottles? Are they silicone?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wasn't Busardo the one knocking Digiflavor's Siren (v1) that it needed just one more smaller air hole on the ring? How come the Ares deck looks so much like the Siren?
LOL
Seems like you are correct....
As i understand it the Siren V2 is much better than the V1.
I was never impressed with the pepper shaker air jets.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a chance to try out the Vzone Simply Squonk mod today. Just the mod, not the RDA...

It's a little taller than the Pulse... a little narrower... about the same width.

It hits a little better than the pulse, and I like the on/off switch better. Getting to the battery and bottle is also easier (ribbon). Also, it'll work with 18650 (adapter included), 20700, and 21700.

My local B&M has 'em for $50... comes with an RSA that looks promising, if a bit wierd.
6fb0667665f1f6d636a991f72b50e611.jpg

Watched (Tony B.) do a review of this and for $50 not too shabby in my opinion.Especially considering it comes with an RSA.
However I'll probably not get 1 simply because it is a mechanical squonker.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ended up buying the Cobolt black Spade after seeing it in person; solid, awesome quality device ;)

okuddk.jpg

- Bottle system is great, effortless to remove/refill with zero mess.

- Battery is a cinch to put in and take out with no worries about damaging the wrapper, very easy to shore up battery rattle.

- Button press is definitely on the firmer side out of the box, noticeably stiffer than the majority of mechanical squonkers but can be adjusted.

- Door panel tolerance is fairly tight, was thinking of sanding the edge a little but will wait a while and see if it wears in on its own.

- Full disassembly was a little tedious, but don't see any reason to do it regularly.

- 16mm 510 base is perfect since I only use smaller atomizers. 510 pin is spring loaded, not too stiff, tension is just right.

- Comfortable grip with the curved/flared sides.
Stunning!
Flawlessly executed device!
When I win the lottery I might get 1.
Yes I know it is a mechanical but it is super sexy looking.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watched (Tony B.) do a review of this and for $50 not too shabby in my opinion.Especially considering it comes with an RSA.
However I'll probably not get 1 simply because it is a mechanical squonker.
Best advice I can give (I'm fairly new to squonking) is to find two or three rda/rsa you really like and you'll never be disappointed. Mods come and go, designs change, battery sizes change. The newest thing from Evolve is "Replay". It basically functions like TC without all the fiddling with settings and such. It will work on 75C and newest chips. My point is, technology changes in regulated mods but there is only so much you can do with a shallow deck, two posts and one coil!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As a positive I note that Reo mods continually get praised as extremely good quality. To me this helps explain better the $100 low end Reo mod sold. I still have difficulty in thinking of paying that, yet such difficulty is easing away. Now, might be quite some time before I actually go buy one, or maybe not at all. Point being I keep seeing them praised and could only say they do well based on what I used of clones, if the clones are even half of Reo's quality, it assures me Reo is top notch. Coppervape though is more designed for what I like albeit priced cheaper.
The original Reo is damn near indestructible.I know I've said that like at least a thousand times by now.Super solid mod/device and if you find 1 for sale at a good price buy it!
Nuff Said!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best advice I can give (I'm fairly new to squonking) is to find two or three rda/rsa you really like and you'll never be disappointed. Mods come and go, designs change, battery sizes change. The newest thing from Evolve is "Replay". It basically functions like TC without all the fiddling with settings and such. It will work on 75C and newest chips. My point is, technology changes in regulated mods but there is only so much you can do with a shallow deck, two posts and one coil!
And if you happen to run across a nuppin....

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got a FT order of 20 more Pico bottles today.
fixed for several years.
Might have to get another pico to go with the bottles?
I actually ordered two Arctic Dolphin v1 bottles, they are supposed to fit on the Pico.
If they do, I'm agettin a few more of each, bottles and Picos.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lately I've been wondering whats getting deposited in my lungs given the film on my windows and windshield. Wife also made a point to let me know the same thing. Anyone know if the lungs break it down?
The film that is building up on your windows is oil residue from the PG & VG in e-liquid.It is completely harmless to you when inhaled.1 good way to avoid it is to blow your clouds towards the floor instead of up toward the ceiling and the film build up will subside.
To clean your windows use the (Heloise Method)
Hot water and some distilled white vinegar and some crumbled up old newspapers.

a-hints-from-heloise-670x405.jpg

^^^ THAT'S HELOISE ^^^

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Luuucy!!! ju got some splainin to do! Why the Boooo?

Knee jerk reaction, I'd say Pocket or O16 (nor Origen 16, the other one) with a bit more flavor.

Now what did I do?

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure of what their definitions are, but if I see another undrilled VA Cyclone, I'll try to get it. <------- @chohan :sneaka:

Not quite ready to part with a cyclone yet but can I interest anyone in a pristine Chalice III that I paid $145 for on 3/25/15 and only used once? Mint condition, in box. I really need to thin the herd a bit.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate multi-quotes... makes it a true PITA to quote just one response later on...

It is not hard to highlight and 'quote me' specific sections of a post, or delete the bits that are no longer relevant

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not quite ready to part with a cyclone yet but can I interest anyone in a pristine Chalice III that I paid $145 for on 3/25/15 and only used once? Mint condition, in box. I really need to thin the herd a bit.
I was trying to help you thin the herd! I already have 3 Chalice III (one still in sealed box), but I'm calling dibs on the Cyclone:cheers:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is on Tapatalk, where I spend most of my time :p

lol fair enough, I have literally never ever posted to a forum from tapatalk or mobile browser. I do browse occasionally from tapatalk but I CBA to actually type out a forum reply from a phone.

VU Sponsors