Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ended up buying the Cobolt black Spade after seeing it in person; solid, awesome quality device ;)

okuddk.jpg

- Bottle system is great, effortless to remove/refill with zero mess.

- Battery is a cinch to put in and take out with no worries about damaging the wrapper, very easy to shore up battery rattle.

- Button press is definitely on the firmer side out of the box, noticeably stiffer than the majority of mechanical squonkers but can be adjusted.

- Door panel tolerance is fairly tight, was thinking of sanding the edge a little but will wait a while and see if it wears in on its own.

- Full disassembly was a little tedious, but don't see any reason to do it regularly.

- 16mm 510 base is perfect since I only use smaller atomizers. 510 pin is spring loaded, not too stiff, tension is just right.

- Comfortable grip with the curved/flared sides.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I ended up buying the Cobolt black Spade after seeing it in person; solid, awesome quality device ;)

okuddk.jpg

- Bottle system is great, effortless to remove/refill with zero mess.

- Battery is a cinch to put in and take out with no worries about damaging the wrapper, very easy to shore up battery rattle.

- Button press is definitely on the firmer side out of the box, noticeably stiffer than the majority of mechanical squonkers but can be adjusted.

- Door panel tolerance is fairly tight, was thinking of sanding the edge a little but will wait a while and see if it wears in on its own.

- Full disassembly was a little tedious, but don't see any reason to do it regularly.

- 16mm 510 base is perfect since I only use smaller atomizers. 510 pin is spring loaded, not too stiff, tension is just right.

- Comfortable grip with the curved/flared sides.

That's a real beauty - and glad to finally see someone give us a rundown who actually knows their shit ;)

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a real beauty - and glad to finally see someone give us a rundown who actually knows their shit ;)

haha! I figured just quick bullet points would be the easiest way to describe it ;)

You can buy these direct from Vicious Ant but shipping is only via UPS express which is around $50. I still think its worth it if you are after a unique authentic; unique being the door panel. The frames are all identical except for the variations with the external finish.

I'm quite pleased with the craftsmanship and presentation, beautifully CNC'ed.

Oh, forgot to mention the spare bottle carrier is a very nice addition too, its quite a nice solid chunk of stainless steel. You get one smoke colored bottle and a clear one. However, be careful if you plan on actually using it as a keychain, the cap is only secured by o-ring, its not threaded so if you get juice on the cap, the lower tube will slide off rather easily.

I'll take better pics of the mod and guts when I have better lighting if anyone is interested.

2hib2vq.jpg

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
His reputation is pretty :poop:y but he has his brainwashed groupies . Just wait until you get the mod, cash it in if you don't care for it and buy something you really like with the money.
That's basicly been the plan for awhile lol gotta get it first though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you guys/gals prefer 20700 or 21700 batteries?
I like to build my dual coils @.12-.18 and my single coils @.2-.25. I just bought @troydestroy s21 and don't have any batteries for it.
Any recommendations from the experts?
Not a whole lot of options out there right now.

I prefer the iJoy 21700...

Check out mooch's ratings and find what best fits your needs :)
1b6ed999bf0f7485984cf3e75159d5c2.jpg

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the wife says I'm ruining her shades and she's tired of cleaning vg off windows. Anyone have a air purifier? If so does it help?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It seems the Washington State legislators got really greedy, they want to pass a law adding a 60% tax on all vaping products! http://www.casaa.org/call-to-action/wa-stop-vaping-taxes/

Rationalizes why Mt Baker has already moved to AZ and set up shop. Know there was a bump on juice there before this come to light. Speaking with my wife yesterday said I didn't think it was right to tax vaping stuff like tobacco. She agreed but said there ought to be at least some kind of 'sin' tax on it. I could see that if it were kept nominal, or at the least fair. WV taxes juice like tobacco for now.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL I just watched GVs new Video lol

"Everything just popping out!"

"Hitting this part is dangerous!"

"I'm stuck with a $195 piece of junk squonk mod!"

LOL "Divine mods equal to shit!"

Makes me happy to pay about $30 for a Coppervape & a repair kit for one. One thing I may do is look into the silicone bottles. I'm using some of FastTech's cheap PE or what have you bottles, come with a needle nose lid. "Hey they're bottles that fit, hm, okay." Not ever tried a soft bottle to know any different. These soften up after a while. Then, as I found out recently after plenty of use the bottles degrade and start leaking. Maybe silicone won't, or maybe it has longer life? I don't know, kind of the argument to try them.

Don't think I would ever see me paying much if any over about $50 for a mod, mech or regulated for squonking. Simply not able to afford such a luxury. And then too I see all the videos similar to this espousing how shitty the big expensive mods can be. What the fuck? If I'm going to pay top dollar I better damn well have top dollar quality, money seems nearly lifeblood for some of us. Expect us to waste it on shitty mods? Nope, not happening.

As a positive I note that Reo mods continually get praised as extremely good quality. To me this helps explain better the $100 low end Reo mod sold. I still have difficulty in thinking of paying that, yet such difficulty is easing away. Now, might be quite some time before I actually go buy one, or maybe not at all. Point being I keep seeing them praised and could only say they do well based on what I used of clones, if the clones are even half of Reo's quality, it assures me Reo is top notch. Coppervape though is more designed for what I like albeit priced cheaper.

All that money for shit? Hey let me fish out a couple turds to sell, you know?

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm a massive Kennedy fan buttttt... (shakes head)

"Yo ain't that the dude with the cute little bellybutton box?? Kick his ass!! *oof* *crack* *thud* *unzip* ....squirt THIS mofo!!!"
:tantrum:

Oh and @JuicyLucy ... re: the Bonkers Fasttech Clause... does it count if it's 3FVape or Elegomall ??

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm a massive Kennedy fan buttttt... (shakes head)

"Yo ain't that the dude with the cute little bellybutton box?? Kick his ass!! *oof* *crack* *thud* *unzip* ....squirt THIS mofo!!!"
:tantrum:

Oh and @JuicyLucy ... re: the Bonkers Fasttech Clause... does it count if it's 3FVape or Elegomall ??

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the wife says I'm ruining her shades and she's tired of cleaning vg off windows. Anyone have a air purifier? If so does it help?

I do not have one, I just set a fan in my office door so the vape goes out to fog up the rest of the house lol. Isn't there some sort of filtered fan thing designed to kill smoke and vapor that came out a year or so ago?

https://www.vapordna.com/Avatar-Controls-VapeNut-Vapor-Filtration-p/avcvpn.htm

They are not cheap and IIRC from the review videos on YT they pretty much need to run on high, and you have to blow the vape towards them, for them to be effective. And who knows how long the filter will last....

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not have one, I just set a fan in my office door so the vape goes out to fog up the rest of the house lol. Isn't there some sort of filtered fan thing designed to kill smoke and vapor that came out a year or so ago?

They are not cheap and IIRC from the review videos on YT they pretty much need to run on high, and you have to blow the vape towards them, for them to be effective. And who knows how long the filter will last....
Happy wife Happy life

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy wife Happy life

Im sure. A carbon filter Extraction sytem or maybe the cheaper Sox used for 420 stuff would work pretty well , can shift some huge volumes of air through some of thoese extractors/ inline fans , even an old one should work for vape

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My friend bought four of those to use at his vape shop,and he said they are worthless.One in each corner of the shop running on high constantly didn't do anything but waste electricity.And his store is not that big.He packed them away back in the boxes.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have a 20 inch box fan running on low with an el cheapo furnace air filter loosely taped against the inflow side.
It greatly reduces the amount of vapor in the air.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have a 20 inch box fan running on low with an el cheapo furnace air filter loosely taped against the inflow side.
It greatly reduces the amount of vapor in the air.
That's a good idea but my wife also complains about fans! Lol it's kinda annoying but I normally grab a t-shirt or something and exhale into it when she's around. Makes 80% of the vapor disapear right away and the rest doesn't hang around forever like it normally would.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My friend bought four of those to use at his vape shop,and he said they are worthless.One in each corner of the shop running on high constantly didn't do anything but waste electricity.And his store is not that big.He packed them away back in the boxes.
I agree here! The windows in my living room are fogged to hell. I have a $350 purifier I use for my room (bad spring and fall allergies) that I decided to run down here for a week as my wifey was also a little miffed about the sliding glass door looking jank. It did absolutely nothing to help.

C3scott

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree here! The windows in my living room are fogged to hell. I have a $350 purifier I use for my room (bad spring and fall allergies) that I decided to run down here for a week as my wifey was also a little miffed about the sliding glass door looking jank. It did absolutely nothing to help.
Lately I've been wondering whats getting deposited in my lungs given the film on my windows and windshield. Wife also made a point to let me know the same thing. Anyone know if the lungs break it down?

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't smoke nor do I vape in the house. Spend a lot of time outside though and it's been brutal this year. Coldest winter in Louisiana in a long time. But hell, I'm usually at work and fortunately I can vape there in comfort when shit ain't going crazy :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lately I've been wondering whats getting deposited in my lungs given the film on my windows and windshield. Wife also made a point to let me know the same thing. Anyone know if the lungs break it down?
They used to say the liquid amount was so low, it just got absorbed. But that was when 3ml per day was normal, not 20ml or more. So idk now lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received the B2k MTL kit....Truthfully, I'm a bit disappointed. I like the B2k and had high hopes for a good mtl topper, but, alas, it had too much air, even with the afc closed down to less than a pin hole.

Booooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received the B2k MTL kit....Truthfully, I'm a bit disappointed. I like the B2k and had high hopes for a good mtl topper, but, alas, it had too much air, even with the afc closed down to less than a pin hole.

What would you compare it too? I ordered the V4 edition....

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just because I was hoping for a nice tight airflow. I have two B2K decks and was hoping to use one for MTL

It might very well be tight enough for your preference, I have been spoiled by the Cyclone and Chalice III. I hope I don't start to sound like another member here, but for me, there are two types of rdas: the DL and MTL! Once a DL, always a DL, restricted or not. So far, the MTL atties specifically designed for MTL are the ones with airflow restricted enough for me, and even then some are a bit too airy.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It might very well be tight enough for your preference, I have been spoiled by the Cyclone and Chalice III. I hope I don't start to sound like another member here, but for me, there are two types of rdas: the DL and MTL! Once a DL, always a DL, restricted or not. So far, the MTL atties specifically designed for MTL are the ones with airflow restricted enough for me, and even then some are a bit too airy.

I was looking for something more along the lines of a KFL. My all time favorite MTL vape.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking for something more along the lines of a KFL. My all time favorite MTL vape.

Which one of the gazillion KFLs ? K5 was too loose for me, even on one pip setting, the K4 was OK but fiddly. Think 0.8mm - 1.0mm AF like the og Cyclone, that is what I prefer.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which one of the gazillion KFLs ? K5 was too loose for me, even on one pip setting, the K4 was OK but fiddly. Think 0.8mm - 1.0mm AF like the og Cyclone, that is what I prefer.

Oh I meant the OG Kayfun Lite with the non adjustable airflow. Perfect for me!

VU Sponsors