Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok bonkers, I've given the dead rabbit sq a 2 day long fair chance but I'm just not feeling the love. The deck, which I thought would be super easy, drives me nuts trying to build on it. I need a third arm (or a giraffe neck) trying to hold the coil the correct height, turn it the correct angle and see/turn the slotted screw on the side.

Coil sky high off the deck, a mile of wick hanging down, strange airflow design which is more turbulence than airflow. I realize the dead rabbit has quite a fan base but meh... for biggish air with decent flavor I'm sticking with the gorge. Entheon, haku, cyclone and gorge are hitting all the bases and giving nice variety for now.

However, I did get the last supersonic that vapinart had in stock early Sunday morning. My 24mm options just doubled. cheers

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it does, I had to give it a "palm smack" to have the thing fall off with the battery. Maybe @JuicyLucy can tell the class more since she has one too!:p
Ohh well not an issue anyway since I have set my vape budget at $15/mo for the rest of this year.
I have everything that I really need for years except for some consumables in about a year.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh well not an issue anyway since I have set my vape budget at $15/mo for the rest of this year.
I have everything that I really need for years except for some consumables in about a year.

I salute you sir. My best run was almost three years and the only vaping related purchases were juice. I don't know what happened to that guy.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well??? You had almost a half a day with it! How is it? Is it worth the almost $200 (with shipping) price tag?:yes: OR :no:
Checked the price again, $150-ish with shipping :eek:

Was $130 shipped.

It’s settled in and the vape is really good so far. A little bit of a pain in the ass to build with 3 core fused Clapton’s as it wanted to pull to the side and you’ve got a tiny amount of room to actually build with the ultem piece on. Flavor is great, wish I had some mesh for wicking.

Overall, not bad so far

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I salute you sir. My best run was almost three years and the only vaping related purchases were juice. I don't know what happened to that guy.
You're making up for lost time!
Besides, the things you would've bought three years ago are obsolete now....except the Cyclones and Nuppins:cheers:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh I have been spending around $300 a year up till now. Been 100% DIY for close to 3 years.
But I really do not see much out there that interests me and I have all that I really need anyway.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But I really do not see much out there that interests me and I have all that I really need anyway.

Wait until next week, you'll need another RDA or bit of shiny.

The way you've kept on singing the praises of those Wasp, might get one. Having a small conniption here. I broke off the 510 pin in the bottle nut for the silver CV. Going to try figuring that out, without a tap & die set. Not sure I've any drill bits lest of all the proper size to wind it out onto.

Not sure why but some Ni 80 was not wanting to fire on a NaRDA deck. I had twisted two strands of 28 g into one strand. It about half acted dead shorted. Checked and saw no reason it would be, started to do a break down and cleaning, "snap!"

Score yet another point for entropy & Mr. Murphy. They have continued and do so continue being great teachers.

Mr. Rate: The world is not always as it seems, is it son?
Bob Lee Swagger: No Sir.
Mr. Rate: You keep that in mind.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 101066

If you don't mind the slow boat @ $60 to hit the $60 there is a bag of cotton available lol

I ordered the mod and the bag of cotton too! (Cotton bacon v2). Thanks! :cheers:

With e-packet free shipping and the 10% discount code (VAPOPLANS) the total was $53.64

Ron
—-
"If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late."- Henny Youngman

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok bonkers, I've given the dead rabbit sq a 2 day long fair chance but I'm just not feeling the love. The deck, which I thought would be super easy, drives me nuts trying to build on it. I need a third arm (or a giraffe neck) trying to hold the coil the correct height, turn it the correct angle and see/turn the slotted screw on the side.

Coil sky high off the deck, a mile of wick hanging down, strange airflow design which is more turbulence than airflow. I realize the dead rabbit has quite a fan base but meh... for biggish air with decent flavor I'm sticking with the gorge. Entheon, haku, cyclone and gorge are hitting all the bases and giving nice variety for now.

However, I did get the last supersonic that vapinart had in stock early Sunday morning. My 24mm options just doubled. cheers
Sounds like a pulse 22 wich I love lol. Got one should be here Thursday.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a pulse 22 wich I love lol. Got one should be here Thursday.

And you may love it, I seem to be the odd man out on the DRsq. Looking at those two, seems the pulse would be easier to build because once you have the coil legs cut to the correct length, they bottom out so you're not trying to hold the height as you tighten. Just stick your thumb on top and tighten. Also the airflow seems more focused by the tubes and the cap has that nifty cutout to reduce the chamber. Coil is much closer to the deck also.

Damn, I think I bought the wrong rda.:confused: How does the pulse vape... loose draw, decent flavor?

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah we are becoming a nation of wusses.
I recall when their motto was Neither Rain nor snow nor....
I forget the rest of it but you get the idea.

Oh yes I remember and was complaining to the wife last night that they must've changed their motto.

I should add my mail carrier drives a 4x4 jeep.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found it.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

also found this.

While the Postal Service has no official motto, the popular belief that it does is a tribute to America's
postal workers. The words above, thought to be the motto, are chiseled in gray granite over the entrance
to the New York City Post Office on 8th Avenue and co
me from Book 8, Paragraph 98, of The Persian
Wars by Herodotus. During the wars between the Greeks and Persians (500-449 B.C.), the Persians
operated a system of mounted postal couriers who served with great fidelity.

https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/postal-history/mission-motto.pdf

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found it.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

also found this.

While the Postal Service has no official motto, the popular belief that it does is a tribute to America's
postal workers. The words above, thought to be the motto, are chiseled in gray granite over the entrance
Wars by Herodotus. During the wars between the Greeks and Persians (500-449 B.C.), the Persians

Interesting. Looks like those Persians beat us to the Pony Express idea by a few years.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The way the USPS moves, I believe they must be using the same horses!
Found it.

also found this.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And you may love it, I seem to be the odd man out on the DRsq. Looking at those two, seems the pulse would be easier to build because once you have the coil legs cut to the correct length, they bottom out so you're not trying to hold the height as you tighten. Just stick your thumb on top and tighten. Also the airflow seems more focused by the tubes and the cap has that nifty cutout to reduce the chamber. Coil is much closer to the deck also.

Damn, I think I bought the wrong rda.:confused: How does the pulse vape... loose draw, decent flavor?
One hole open is way I go.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. Looks like those Persians beat us to the Pony Express idea by a few years.
We are Merica. Merica is but a conglomeration of ideas and such brought by immigrants from other parts of the world.
But we do not need any more stinkin immigrants :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's a very good clone, some people are saying it's better built than the authentic which judging by YouTube has quite a few manufacturing defects.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Better than the authentic? That would be funny!

I thought about getting one recently but shit canned the idea after seeing how poorly they were machined - definitely not $150 caliber

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a very good clone, some people are saying it's better built than the authentic which judging by YouTube has quite a few manufacturing defects.

3F has three clones listed. The YFTK, the SXK and the Kingbright. Which one is the one you're referring to?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Pulse 22 is great. Lots of air if you want or you can close it down. I've got mine with one hole almost closed all the way

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Unfortunately right now this is my crusier
cf3d0d934810e6b10654d1e441cd90bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Interested in any trades?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

not really, I'm a hurting a bit for cash. Got overzealous in paying off debt & shortchanged myself. I've got the Cruiser, 2 NN caps (red delrin & purp[with ring]). I've got $205 into it. I'd take $175.

would also sell my purple titanium Ricotta ring & tip set for $60

and a entheon with a bellcap for $115. I need to check I have everything for it though.

or if anyone wants an orange, black & green SQNK with extra doors, I'd do $150

3D printed black & white 20700 simplicity mod for $60. I need to find a way to clean it though

just need to do a sales post this weekend

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm referring to the SXK however at a guess, I would say that they are all made in the same factory using the same machines.

That may or may not be true of the Supersonic clone - but IME, there is a great variation in clone quality/likeness to the original from brand to brand; also, never seen any one of those three, or the "unknown" cloners nail it every time

VU Sponsors