Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't even opened the door to the pleasures of DIY juice making yet.
Would be super fun I know but my flat is pretty small. Someday!

Everything I do for Coil Making and Mixing juice is in my 5x8 desk drawers. Coil making and mixing can be done on one of those portable 18"x 24" table deals.

Can get smaller when it comes to mixing... find the juice you like, buy only the flavors for it and have a gallon or VG and 1 liter of PG. I can honestly get rid of about 30 or so flavors and be fine with what is left ( 12 or so )

All this minus the Gallon of VG/PG stuff can fit into a small tackle box or one of those 70's lunch pails. including a daedalus coil thingy

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Everything I do for Coil Making and Mixing juice is in my 5x8 desk drawers. Coil making and mixing can be done on one of those portable 18"x 24" table deals.

Can get smaller when it comes to mixing... find the juice you like, buy only the flavors for it and have a gallon or VG and 1 liter of PG. I can honestly get rid of about 30 or so flavors and be fine with what is left ( 12 or so )

All this minus the Gallon of VG/PG stuff can fit into a small tackle box or one of those 70's lunch pails. including a daedalus coil thingy

Ahh good to know. Once I get better organized I'll give it a go for sure.
Btw that juice you sent is quite good, can't pinpoint a flavor though.. something lemon / raspberry maybe? ..and seems a bit stronger than 3mg, but I dig it. Thanks!

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Happy
9abf173a84433e4f97027047a4436b97.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well - I guess 37 squonkers ain't bad

I gave a few away - was up to 42 last month :facepalm:

Ohhh that makes me feel so much better. I tried really hard to keep my total mod count to 15, but the vintage mech binge screwed me up.. I'm at 22 right now. Only 4 squonks!

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have 26 squonkers need to up my game... Lol
54 mods over all, and I pif'd about 18 or so to friends, family and co-workers. All I did was literally trade the habit for a hobby.... Lol
Still haven't got the spousal unit completely off the stinkies, she's one of the 50/50 crowd.
Smokes and vapes
It took me about a month of that to realize I was over the stinkies and haven't even considered smoking again.

Sent from the Twilight Zone!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I only have 26 squonkers need to up my game... Lol
54 mods over all, and I pif'd about 18 or so to friends, family and co-workers. All I did was literally trade the habit for a hobby.... Lol
Still haven't got the spousal unit completely off the stinkies, she's one of the 50/50 crowd.
Smokes and vapes
It took me about a month of that to realize I was over the stinkies and haven't even considered smoking again.

Sent from the Twilight Zone!

I dual used for three years and one month before quitting :eek:

Andria turned me onto WTA - that is what got me off of tobacco completely finally

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so just got clarification "All Black" neofet will include:
Black body
Black metal top
Black metal bottom
Black button cover
Ultem button
Black bottle

Exactly what i wanted! Super stoked over here
Yes u are correct but make sure u +67 in the thread that states the all black mod i think he used that as a guidline for how many peeps wanted them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dual used for three years and one month before quitting :eek:

Andria turned me onto WTA - that is what got me off of tobacco completely finally

Me too. Spent 4 years swinging both ways. Was fine at home but never had a good 'going out' rig. Finally quit with the Artery Nugget. Perfect pocket set up for me at the time. Horrible battery life but I had 4 of em, always packed an extra or two. Then the IStick Pico sealed the deal.
After all this time will only be 2 years fully off smokes in August.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What counts is that you guys did it! What you did and how you did is important but the bottom line is that you stopped the analogs!
I pretty much decided I was done with cigarettes (but they weren't done with me) and my wife walked in a vape shop with me (at my suggestion and her prodding) . Long story short, she bought my first Nautilus mini and Spinner II for me. From 2 PAD or so to zero in one week and never looked back. I think the fact that I really wanted to stop smoking helped me to reach for a vape when what I really wanted was a smoke.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What counts is that you guys did it! What you did and how you did is important but the bottom line is that you stopped the analogs!
I pretty much decided I was done with cigarettes (but they weren't done with me) and my wife walked in a vape shop with me (at my suggestion and her prodding) . Long story short, she bought my first Nautilus mini and Spinner II for me. From 2 PAD or so to zero in one week and never looked back. I think the fact that I really wanted to stop smoking helped me to reach for a vape when what I really wanted was a smoke.

Awesome dude!
It really clicked for me when I quit drinking. That was in March almost 2 years ago. I had been going at it for most of my life until my liver had enough. : ((. It was awful, had to go through a rigorous recovery and hospitalization. After going through all that and seeing the awful side of addiction, quitting smoking was a breeze.
Now if I could just do the same with chocolate & gummies!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Me too. Spent 4 years swinging both ways. Was fine at home but never had a good 'going out' rig. Finally quit with the Artery Nugget. Perfect pocket set up for me at the time. Horrible battery life but I had 4 of em, always packed an extra or two. Then the IStick Pico sealed the deal.
After all this time will only be 2 years fully off smokes in August.

I'll have two years smoke free this Friday

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Amen to that. So long as you quit that’s all that matters. I tried initially with a Blu and it was absolutely awful... cartridges were expensive and they would barely last me a day. Went back to the stinkies.
Saw one of the office workers out in the smoke hut with an Ego and CE4 setup. That was enough for me to give it shot... I probably spent $100 between the four Ego bags, multiple clearos I tried, and all kinds of juice in the first month but I quit before my daughter was born. Problem is that I haven’t stopped spending as evident here:
c8be85ef306a84cf511d1bf9b915ce57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did it have an off flavor similar to what one would characterize as wet cardboard or paper?
I would say almost something like that which I attributed to the Japanese cotton I've never tried. Usually use cotton bacon. The issue was mixed strawberry juices. At least I feel like the flavor is back to normal.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would say almost something like that which I attributed to the Japanese cotton I've never tried. Usually use cotton bacon. The issue was mixed strawberry juices. At least I feel like the flavor is back to normal.

Not to poop on your juice...but verde valley vapes tasted like a wet paper bag with a dash of wet paper to me long ago and is what pushed me to start DIY.

A few others I've talked about it with on Reddit agreed and I think one person here on VU.

It was honestly just a joke with me asking, but you reinforced my initial experience with them.

Again not a dig at you, I just thought their juice was awful. Like they strain it through a paper bag after they remove the VG from an oil barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to poop on your juice...but verde valley vapes tasted like a wet paper bag with a dash of wet paper to me long ago and is what pushed me to start DIY.

A few others I've talked about it with on Reddit agreed and I think one person here on VU.

It was honestly just a joke with me asking, but you reinforced my initial experience with them.

Again not a dig at you, I just thought their juice was awful. Like they strain it through a paper bag after they remove the VG from an oil barrel

....And I got the extra 100 ml bottles from them:confused: They had a deal going when I got my GBox 200 from them. Usually it's one 100 ml bottle for each $25 spent, but this time you could double up!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put a 3.0 mm ID 28x2/38g SS fused clapton in the Haku, 0.36 ohms. I would use Nichrome, but no TC with it.....not unless it is on a G2 or Slice mod.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put a 3.0 mm ID 28x2/38g SS fused clapton in the Haku, 0.36 ohms. I would use Nichrome, but no TC with it.....not unless it is on a G2 or Slice mod.

Very flavorful build you have there. That was my go to build until I realized 26g cores are better for me. Enjoy!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Then maybe the problem is the unicorn milk. Because I've never had an issue with v3. There were some that I didn't like or just got tired of. But they've all had really good flavor. Unicorn milk tastes medical same as one hit wonder milk man.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why better?
I'm just curious about this coil stuff.

Lower resistance and more surface area lead to a warmer, more flavorful vape. It helps when RDAs like the B2K and Haku have more airflow and require a little more oomph.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lower resistance and more surface area lead to a warmer, more flavorful vape. It helps when RDAs like the B2K and Haku have more airflow and require a little more oomph.

Ok, that makes sense from a mech standpoint. Here's my current puzzle,
I'm running 2×26x34(avs coils) @ about .4 in my mechs. So with vdrop, vaping around 36watt... smooth minimal spitback. Same coil on the gorge/rsq is fairly smooth at same wattage but dial it up to about 45w and spitback is insane. I'd like to drop down to about .3 on the mechs but the spitting drives me nuts. Or maybe it's the gorge and that big 810 tip.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’d chalk it up to the 810 tip... closing down the airflow a bit will also help. Also take a look at your wicking... if it’s too tight it won’t absorb the juice well and will leave excess on the coil.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’d chalk it up to the 810 tip... closing down the airflow a bit will also help. Also take a look at your wicking... if it’s too tight it won’t absorb the juice well and will leave excess on the coil.

810 tip closing down the airflow? o_O

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'll try rewicking it tomorrow. As for the 810, it's strange... at first I was like wtf but after vaping with it a couple days I sorta like it. Watch out lungs... vape incoming!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can bounce between 810 and 510. I’ve found that if I’m getting spitback if I close down the airflow a bit, regardless of which tip I use, I won’t get as much juice in my mouth.

All my 810 tips go into the extra drip tip box.
a Wide bore funneled 510 is perfect for me.
the Dead Rabbit even has a wide bore 510 on it.
As do the Goon 22's and the Tsunami 22's.

VU Sponsors