Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even when it says Out for Delivery, there's at least a 10%-20% chance it didn't make it onto the right truck. And with the high volume this time of year, that might rise to as much as 50%. Sad but true, to quote Metallica -- happened to me with some vapemail a year ot two ago, and yes, I was LIVID. :D

Andria

Well fucking Bah Humbug to you too! ;) lol

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going in for another Hugo Squeezer this week or next. Damn thing hits better than any mod I have.

Good to hear. I grabbed a purple on pre-order for $24 back on the 27th but it's not even due in stock for 9 more days.

Of all my mech squonkers, the hardest hitting (lowest v-drop) is an $11 dollar steam rabbit clone. Go figure. But my wife has the real rabbit wrapped up for me under the tree. Go wife!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well fucking Bah Humbug to you too! ;) lol

Heh... I'm in the same boat; I've got 2 pkgs out for delivery today, containing stocking stuffers.... I just hope they made it onto the right truck. :D Nothing further on the FT order, after the notification that it "cleared" Miami ISC, on the 8th; says it should be here by the 14th, but I'll expect it when I see it!

Andria

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So this means your phenom is for sale?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No ;) But I do have a Phenom Clone arriving today in which I will be doing and in depth comparison on...

Plan on running same builds, same wick, same juice, same mod, same battery, same drip tip...

Pics of the clone and authentic side by side, and give my honest opinion on the vape, build quality of the clone vs authentic.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Heh... I'm in the same boat; I've got 2 pkgs out for delivery today, containing stocking stuffers.... I just hope they made it onto the right truck. :D Nothing further on the FT order, after the notification that it "cleared" Miami ISC, on the 8th; says it should be here by the 14th, but I'll expect it when I see it!

Andria

My stocking stuffers arrived! I nearly had to fight my son, to keep him from opening the pkgs! :giggle:

Andria

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sending urs ups right now theres noway it should take 4 days if the mail is that quick ups should be quicker

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
No ;) But I do have a Phenom Clone arriving today in which I will be doing and in depth comparison on...

Plan on running same builds, same wick, same juice, same mod, same battery, same drip tip...

Pics of the clone and authentic side by side, and give my honest opinion on the vape, build quality of the clone vs authentic.
I wrote a bunch then deleted it. Happens to me a lot on this thread! Lol I feel like the clone activist just stopped talking about the last convo about clones so ill keep my worthless opinion to my self.
I do want to say please don't misconstrue what I mean by this. It's partial humor and I don't care who buys what. Well except me, i care what I buy lol.....

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have a Therion BF 75C, it’s ok for the money. Just a couple of things annoy me, which may or may not be user error.
Firstly, why is this thing warning me of weak battery when it’s reading 70%? It does this all the time, at varying percentage levels that are clearly not low.
Is your firmware the latest version?
Also, here is an article that may solve that issue, I have updated my firmware and set my battery cut-off level at 2.5v. I don't get the "Low Battery" warning.
http://www.geekayvapes.com/dna75-weak-battery/
Secondly, what’s the point in the clock/date if it’s just going to reset if you remove the battery?
I don't have the clock or date on mine, I have a custom theme that I downloaded and customized to my liking.

theme.jpg

Thirdly, it creaks when you squonk, minor, but annoying.
Not sure what that is, mine doesn't creak
Fourth, battery life is poor. I typically build around 0.2-0.3 ohms.
That is something that will vary from user to user, I find that anything I use that is a dual coil really eats up the battery.
With a dual coil RDA I change the battery twice for each bottle refill, with a single coil the bottle is pretty close to empty when I need to change it.
I use single coil RDAs on mine, I am currently running in TC Mode and testing an SS coil that measures out at 0.93 ohms vaping at 420F an 50w. Surprisingly it produces a great vape, normally I am in the same range as you are between 0.2 and 0.3 ohms.
Fifth, that battery/bottle separator, strange design choice.
Yes, I will agree with that for sure, make sure the RDA is either off or screwed way back when you change the battery. I have found that if you twist the divider out to the side kind of following the curve of the battery it comes out easily.

The Therion is not for everyone, but I like TC mode and the Therion is the only Squonk mod I have found that really works well there.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, here is an article that may solve that issue, I have updated my firmware and set my battery cut-off level at 2.5v. I don't get the "Low Battery" warning.

I don't have the clock or date on mine, I have a custom theme that I downloaded and customized to my liking.

View attachment 98478

That is something that will vary from user to user, I find that anything I use that is a dual coil really eats up the battery.
With a dual coil RDA I change the battery twice for each bottle refill, with a single coil the bottle is pretty close to empty when I need to change it.
I use single coil RDAs on mine, I am currently running in TC Mode and testing an SS coil that measures out at 0.93 ohms vaping at 420F an 50w. Surprisingly it produces a great vape, normally I am in the same range as you are between 0.2 and 0.3 ohms.

Yes, I will agree with that for sure, make sure the RDA is either off or screwed way back when you change the battery. I have found that if you twist the divider out to the side kind of following the curve of the battery it comes out easily.

The Therion is not for everyone, but I like TC mode and the Therion is the only Squonk mod I have found that really works well there.

Yeah, like you said, dropping the low voltage cutoff will not only get rid of the premature weak battery warning but also let him use more of the cells capacity.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wrote a bunch then deleted it. Happens to me a lot on this thread! Lol I feel like the clone activist just stopped talking about the last convo about clones so ill keep my worthless opinion to my self.
I do want to say please don't misconstrue what I mean by this. It's partial humor and I don't care who buys what. Well except me, i care what I buy lol.....

Many will have their opinions on Clone VS Authentic...its their right ( To an opinion )

and I will use the Haku as an example, Since I made it a topic in one of my previous posts...

I bought the authentic first...liked it enough to warrant going after the Cruiser version... not news I know ;) *poke poke jab jab*

Just the same with my Flave 24... I bought the clone first then the authentic and also the Flave 22 Ti...( @snake94115 has the clone now...I think...never got confirmation he actually picked it up lol ) Some don't agree going this route, don't care if they do ;) ( Not directed at any specific person, just truth. ) Just the same as their opinion of me, those that know me, well know me, those that don't ( You guessed it lol )

But there are a lot of those here who would like to try the Haku Phenom, but don't do FB, nor want to go through the pains of Lists, let downs or what not; or simply don't have $125 laying around for an atomizer which truly can be shit for them, but have $15 ;)

So that was my reasoning to buy the Clone... Give my honest opinion on the Clone Vs Authentic... and trust me, I'll be right there in the same boat as those that have authentic... if my assessment is the clone is just as good... yeah suck a butt lol

The Flave 24 Clone btw...90% as good as the authentic imo ;) AF is the only thing different...and engravings

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many will have their opinions on Clone VS Authentic...its their right ( To an opinion )

and I will use the Haku as an example, Since I made it a topic in one of my previous posts...

I bought the authentic first...liked it enough to warrant going after the Cruiser version... not news I know ;) *poke poke jab jab*

Just the same with my Flave 24... I bought the clone first then the authentic and also the Flave 22 Ti...( @snake94115 has the clone now...I think...never got confirmation he actually picked it up lol ) Some don't agree going this route, don't care if they do ;) ( Not directed at any specific person, just truth. ) Just the same as their opinion of me, those that know me, well know me, those that don't ( You guessed it lol )

But there are a lot of those here who would like to try the Haku Phenom, but don't do FB, nor want to go through the pains of Lists, let downs or what not; or simply don't have $125 laying around for an atomizer which truly can be shit for them, but have $15 ;)

So that was my reasoning to buy the Clone... Give my honest opinion on the Clone Vs Authentic... and trust me, I'll be right there in the same boat as those that have authentic... if my assessment is the clone is just as good... yeah suck a butt lol

The Flave 24 Clone btw...90% as good as the authentic imo ;) AF is the only thing different...and engravings

If the YFTK version is just as good, I’ll buy two of those, unload my authentic, and put the $100 toward a new setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If the YFTK version is just as good, I’ll buy two of those, unload my authentic, and put the $100 toward a new setup!

I bought the SXK version, since it also had the gold plated BF pin...where as the YFTK version didn't.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Theres variations of clones obviously the cheapest no name 5$ clone can be made worse than a 15-20$ clone,
Via bad machining bad insulators an such,
Fact is we do actually have branded clones now some are made better than others,
certain clone brands are sought after more than others,

But also there not just clone Vrs authentic in RDA,RTA,s

There's DIY juices that are clones, where most on here make there own juices
and Often use cloned recipes.
Isnt that the same as using cloned RDA /RTA,s ?
Still someone elses work being copied for much cheaper ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well looked what arrived
b6f702e8520e8676fdadd0a42828ce3a.jpg

The SXK Clone Haku Phenom

Time to clean it then build it then give my opinion on the 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok this is only a preliminary verdict... please take with a grain of salt... I've only did one clean pass in the ultrasonic and immediately built the Clone.

Its worth $15.

I'll go more in depth later when I actually have time with the differences, with pictures... wife says there are some honey dos that need to be done by end of day...

From just looking at them they are very similar...95% so...but I noticed a few things right off the bat that are different...

I'll do my best to take what I noticed different in the pictures under macro...

but to short summary...the SXK is worth its cost.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What?!
Why not man? Built for travel dude.
I'm definitely gonna hop on John's list in 2018. Been a long time coming.. and THEN I can reeeeally say it's the last mod I ever buy without a lingering thought.
He's doing custom engraving on em now too, sick sick sick.
; P
So that's the bam y'all are talking about.
I kept thinking y'all meant this thingy below.

dda4c1882a71e831e274bda744217363--a-m-vaping-mods.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
( @snake94115 has the clone now...I think...never got confirmation he actually picked it up lol )
Oopsy I'll be getting it either tonight or in the next couple days.The wife started back at her job today.I think she was about to loose her shit with her doctors.She's been itching to go back to work since only 3 days after her initial/original surgery.

Me to my wife: So hows trix you ok now?
Her: I swear if she tells me I gotta take another week off I'm kicking her in the girl-nuts.
Me to my wife : Ouchies!

By the way that was our conversation before her last visit Dec. 4th, 2017...Not kidding!

nellytron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 98478

Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate it.
I think the firmware is all up to date, but I’ll double check to be sure. This is my first time using a DNA/escribe.
I’ll see if lowering the cut off helps any.
I only see the date/time when I click 3 times (lock mode?)
I’ve only used single coil RDA’s, but maybe I should give higher ohm builds a chance.

Cheers.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh and the stoppers that come with the Kanger squonk bottles work perfectly with the Pice Squeeze ones.
YAAY!
And 2 of those bottles with stoppers fit perfectly in an 18650 battery box.
Might even fit in an 18500 box....

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Posted above ;)

Its the Ulton Pocket Clone ;)
Mines 35 had it nearly 1month used every day ,
Definitely a great vape for me you do need to set the coil right height for best results but all need that tweaking for perfection
Same adjusting with airflow to stop whilsting , picked up a couple more for vape stash

Im Now awaiting the Narca clone to try + pei topcaps , Hussar v1.0
and the Pocket Utlem topcap.
If they every ship before xmas

But has been my daily used beater for past month. Used along side Narda clone
fc201898ae1e455126641ee28fc2eb6c.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mines 35 had it nearly 1month used every day ,
Definitely a great vape for me you do need to set the coil right height for best results but all need that tweaking for perfection
Same adjusting with airflow to stop whilsting , picked up a couple more for vape stash

Im Now awaiting the Narca clone to try + pei topcaps , Hussar v1.0
and the Pocket Utlem topcap.
If they every ship before xmas

But has been my daily used beater for past month. Used along side Narda clone
fc201898ae1e455126641ee28fc2eb6c.jpg

I just built it, started vaping it and almost hacked up my lunch LOL

Guess I need to thoroughly break it down and run it through the ultrasonic...so disgusting lol...

I did 2 passes with just the cap off and screws...but still can taste the machining oil...guess I'll remove the BF pin, positive post, insulator and run 2 more passes... for this one is strong with the oil taste...wont even use the same coil funk that haha.

I think it can be a decent RDA for the few hits I took off it...no whistle, AF for days though...figured it to be more restrictive than it was.

I'll revisit it tomorrow or the next day.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just built it, started vaping it and almost hacked up my lunch LOL

Guess I need to thoroughly break it down and run it through the ultrasonic...so disgusting lol...

I did 2 passes with just the cap off and screws...but still can taste the machining oil...guess I'll remove the BF pin, positive post, insulator and run 2 more passes... for this one is strong with the oil taste...wont even use the same coil funk that haha.

I think it can be a decent RDA for the few hits I took off it...no whistle, AF for days though...figured it to be more restrictive than it was.

I'll revisit it tomorrow or the next day.

That’s what you get for busting my balls about not rinsing the Haku!!

fc5d48083201eb3ac5cbf4a1af62ae79.jpg

VU Sponsors