Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tennessee = the stench of crushed Country Music career dreams and Hot Chicken.
0ecb0e8b43c4d87c6a08514a4ef297ca.jpg

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe he didn't like it and didn't feel like wasting his time on a negative review. Cheap products get reviewed all the time geekay even reviews clones from time to time.

I personally hated the wasp it had so much airflow the coil barely had a chance to warm up enough to produce vapor and closed right down it was unpleasantly turbulent, the built in drip tip was way too short and when you added your own it looked absolutely awful. But some people love it which makes it a real bargain if it's your thing.

I'm all for cheap vaping products and would never ever spend more than $50 on an RDA but tbh I've had nothing but bad experiences with low cost authentics and would much rather spend my cash on a good quality clone of a tried and tested design, than waste it on what some China dude thinks might be a good vape on paper.

The above is especially true for the trend of a YouTube reviewer supposedly designing an RDA for some China man to bring to market. It's so tacky it makes me cringe and I very much doubt the reviewer has very much input it's just a marketing ploy to sell units. Nearly all of them look tacky and gaudy with badly done gold plating and primary colours etc Bonza, Icon, Pulse, Drop...no thanks !

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Have you tried a pulse.?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It appeared that he had never even opened it up....

I threw my standard 316L 2x28/36 fused clapton in one of the Wasp Nanos I own. I had to space the coil in order to get my leads in the posts cleanly. I have to agree that it’s too much air for me with this build. For me, the could have cut the airflow in half and I probably would have loved it.

I’ll give try some 26g for the core, but I feel like ramp up time will be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a 8 wrap 3mm 25 ga SS paralel coil in the Wasp fits perfect and works great.

short coils do not work best in the wasp.

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Have you tried a pulse.?

Yer the Pulse isn't too bad at all, I like Tony B and his intentions seem relatively sincere. However if given the choice between a Pulse and a good quality clone of something like a Flave, O-atty, Narda, Entheon, Sentinel I would pick the latter.

Same goes for Mike Vapes Icon.. It's not an inherently bad RDA but I certainly wouldn't choose it over a more well thought out and better designed cloud chucker like a Goon or Apocalypse (again a good quality clone is fine)

I just don't feel like cheap authentic China RDAs are as well thought out as the ones released by dedicated modders and small enthusiast companies, nor do I think that adding some YouTube reviewers name to it makes it any better it's just a way of giving some obscure far Eastern manufacturer some Western credibility .

Did Mike Vapes design the Icon?...I very much doubt it, Vandy Vape probably sent him a choice of three designs to choose he ticked a box to confirm his endorsement and what do ya know the Icon was designed by Mike Vapes :)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a 8 wrap 3mm 25 ga SS paralel coil in the Wasp fits perfect and works great.

short coils do not work best in the wasp.
That lands you at about what, .18 ohms? No issues with ramp up?

That, sir is a big ass coil. 8wraps parallel is really like 16 wraps. You mean normal coils don’t work best in the Wasp lol!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That lands you at about what, .18 ohms? No issues with ramp up?

That, sir is a big ass coil. 8wraps parallel is really like 16 wraps. You mean normal coils don’t work best in the Wasp lol!!

.22 on the coil.
I run mine at 27 watts - 30 watts and I have no complaints with ramp up.
You could use 26 ga SS and it would likely work out around .3 ?

tried shorter coils and claptons but the parallel 8 wrap is king.

also I install with legs on top. And lift the coil up about 1/3 - 1/2 of it's diameter after installing in the wasp.

here is an extra coil I wrapped. The color worked out wonky in the shot :)

SAM_0267.JPG

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well damn, Crom. I pride myself on being able to admit when I’m wrong and well... I was wrong!
316L parallel 26g 7 wrap 3mm ID. Hitting like a champ and looking dead sexy doing it. This setup shall be know as Cromwell of Cheaplitistia!!

9234fab664b00853fe5c06d065dbb3df.jpg

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well damn, Crom. I pride myself on being able to admit when I’m wrong and well... I was wrong!
316L parallel 26g 7 wrap 3mm ID. Hitting like a champ and looking dead sexy doing it. This setup shall be know as Cromwell of Cheaplitistia!!

I also use a drip tip in the Wasp and like it better.
Pulled the tip out and you know what?
It whistles without the tip.
:)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure all chargers are different but both my nitecore's fit 20700 and I don't believe they're listed, 21700 fits as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not the point again...Sorry but I just don't have any $$$ to buy another damn charger.Especially when I'd rather spend my $$$ on something I do need.Like more coils for my Aspire Atlantis Mega.Even more coils for my Asvape Cobra.Big bottle of (Black Fairy by Good Life Vapor) and a huge bottle of (Gaia by Heather's Heavenly)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found the Wasp and with the right build need to look no farther.

Too cheap for many reviewers to even review it though it seems....
I know right.
You'd think Phil Busardo would've taken this little RDA to heart but NOOOO.
The fucker is all quite on this 1.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Not the point again...Sorry but I just don't have any $$$ to buy another damn charger.Especially when I'd rather spend my $$$ on something I do need.Like more coils for my Aspire Atlantis Mega.Even more coils for my Asvape Cobra.Big bottle of (Black Fairy by Good Life Vapor) and a huge bottle of (Gaia by Heather's Heavenly)
I was saying may be they'd fit your current charger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sweet looking little setup there.Yes I know it is a mechanical but it still looks like a winner to me.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@CrazyChef v2.0 , what's the verdict? Do you like the Therion?
Love it! The only drawback is that I can't use builds with a lot of metal mass because it's only a single battery - it'll drain it in a couple of hours. Shouldn't be a deterrent to most people though, as most coils have a pretty good battery life.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yer the Pulse isn't too bad at all, I like Tony B and his intentions seem relatively sincere. However if given the choice between a Pulse and a good quality clone of something like a Flave, O-atty, Narda, Entheon, Sentinel I would pick the latter.

Same goes for Mike Vapes Icon.. It's not an inherently bad RDA but I certainly wouldn't choose it over a more well thought out and better designed cloud chucker like a Goon or Apocalypse (again a good quality clone is fine)

I just don't feel like cheap authentic China RDAs are as well thought out as the ones released by dedicated modders and small enthusiast companies, nor do I think that adding some YouTube reviewers name to it makes it any better it's just a way of giving some obscure far Eastern manufacturer some Western credibility .

Did Mike Vapes design the Icon?...I very much doubt it, Vandy Vape probably sent him a choice of three designs to choose he ticked a box to confirm his endorsement and what do ya know the Icon was designed by Mike Vapes :)

I get it. I just care if it works not who designed it. But yeah I agree the reviewer designed rdas have got out of hand but one sees the other making money and they want some it's the American way lol. Hell I have a clone and authentic hadaly and had to scratch a c on bottom of clone so I can tell which is which.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The more I see that Kanger DripBox the more tempted I get to buy 1.
Does it have any issues I should be aware of?
Like @The Cromwell said, but then again, if you loose the little fucker in the first couple of weeks (like I did), you have nothing to worry about....errr, as long as you make sure the bottle stays in place.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The little magnetic door under the juice bottle comes off when you pull it from pocket and such.
And there is no place to get replacements.
Hmm maybe I'll pass on it then.Especially since I just spotted a Council of Vapor Wraith for $31.I'm seriously wondering which has worse door issues.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Coppervape is adjustable? Pico Squeeze?

My disguiser squonk is not adjustable.
Neither is that Geyscano piece of crap.

Coppervape is quite adjustable, use pliers to hold the stem and use a screwdriver to twist it up or down

Pico is self adjustable

VU Sponsors