Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was thinking probably real, but it was PIFed to me when I got some of this things after he died, so don't know.

I remember when he got it though. Just haven't checked it out for myself yet

He loved it, I have an authentic one if you wanna compare to check.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
He loved it, I have an authentic one if you wanna compare to check.

I can get it out later - might even build it :)

It makes me sad, cause I once joked with him in PM that if Mr Juicy killed me for buying another P67 that I would leave him some of my choice pieces in my will:cry:

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You did see the hole on the side of the squonk bottles cap right? Mine was opened and didn’t notice it at first.... Made a little mess
Good looking out
IMG_0150.gif
, yeah thought that was neat. Saves all the flipping and squeezing, though I can see myself being too lazy to open it at times lol. Very nice quality refill bottle they included, beats my old hard FT bottle with the somewhat scary solid metal end.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It makes me sad, cause I once joked with him in PM that if Mr Juicy killed me for buying another P67 that I would leave him some of my choice pieces in my will:cry:
You just never know Lucy, just never know....

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It sucks, I miss my daily phone convos with him. He always called at the worst times, usually when I was about to eat or do homework and insisted I talked lol.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It sucks, I miss my daily phone convos with him. He always called at the worst times, usually when I was about to eat or do homework and insisted I talked lol.

Thump is not squonkified

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just used the refill kit, nice and soft. Easy to use, the air hole on the squonk bottle could be a tad bigger for quicker filling but works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a squonk, not a formula 1 car!
In other news, the Gus Le Papillon, sxk edition, very restricted DL, not worth a :poop: for MTL (as far as I'm concerned ).
The Solo rda, sxk edition, pretty good, decent flavor, bit of a whistle, needs work with coil and coil position.
Le Concorde, sxk edition, is a nice, pleasant surprise. DL, great flavor with a single coil even though it is designed for dual coils.
So, in recap, Strike 14 mm good MTL but Viper v2 better flavor and adjustable air.
Le Papillon, Solo rda and Le Concorde, all DL as far as I'm concerned, Le Concorde wins for flavor, just wish it had a slightly taller DT.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I see the spammers have completely taken over the entire "New Posts" front page so I'm outta here till tomorrow. 'Nite y'all.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No problem, but the coppervape is one tough mod.
No regulated mods will = it for toughness.

"Thus spake our lard, use thee, thy CopperVape most Holy of the Holiest Mech Squonk Grenade. Once thou squnketh, thou shall only count to three, not four or five, the number of thy count shall be the number directly after two but before four, thy count is not five or one ..."

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Thus spake our lard, use thee, thy CopperVape most Holy of the Holiest Mech Squonk Grenade. Once thou squnketh, thou shall only count to three, not four or five, the number of thy count shall be the number directly after two but before four, thy count is not five or one ..."
Shame they didnt added a stronger 510 pin its the only thing that ever failed on my CV Sqounker in 13mths of solid use, Im hoping they will make a dual cell Versions said they might on Facebook message a while ago so will see , They maybe they clone the 528 version

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shame they didnt added a stronger 510 pin its the only thing that ever failed on my CV Sqounker in 13mths of solid use, Im hoping they will make a dual cell Versions said they might on Facebook message a while ago so will see , They maybe they clone the 528 version

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
For a little over $3 you can get a repair kit that includes a 510 pin.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For a little over $3 you can get a repair kit that includes a 510 pin.

True you can. At the same time, it would be nice to not need that. I think a way might exist to harden the 510 pins to avoid oxidation and moisture damage.

I am enjoying a day of slight downtime. Took a quarter of a bale of hay to my dog's shed for a few cold nights heading in this week. Looked for a big 16lb sledgehammer around the dog pen, which I knew would not be there as I didn't use it down there.

The firewood is being split and piled, ricked as well by my wife's dad, her BIL and my SIL. It takes the three of them to do the work of one me. My SIL was glaring at me with looks to kill as I took a breadmaker out of my wife's Jeep and set it over into her dad's Mercury SUV. That decidedly settled any debate I had in regards to going up to help. No point to that shit.

If two 40+-year-olds and a 60+-year-old cannot figure out how to do up firewood amongst them, I feel great pity for them. Hell, I was splitting, piling, ricking all on my own two days. Finally, I decided that I would stick to splitting and piling as it took me too long to pause between splitting to rick as well. Also figured there are two teenaged boys who could possibly be made to take in a little gumption and come rick firewood. But they're not my boys ergo I bite my tongue.

Last edited:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol, anything other than in stock or ships next day on FT means only they don't have them now. Can't trust any availability dates on there.

Sadly true. My Gorge was supposed to ship today and has been pushed back til the 19th. :(

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True you can. At the same time, it would be nice to not need that. I think a way might exist to harden the 510 pins to avoid oxidation and moisture damage.

I am enjoying a day of slight downtime. Took a quarter of a bale of hay to my dog's shed for a few cold nights heading in this week. Looked for a big 16lb sledgehammer around the dog pen, which I knew would not be there as I didn't use it down there.

The firewood is being split and piled, ricked as well by my wife's dad, her BIL and my SIL. It takes the three of them to do the work of one me. My SIL was glaring at me with looks to kill as I took a breadmaker out of my wife's Jeep and set it over into her dad's Mercury SUV. That decidedly settled any debate I had in regards to going up to help. No point to that shit.

If two 40+-year-olds and a 60+-year-old cannot figure out how to do up firewood amongst them, I feel great pity for them. Hell, I was splitting, piling, ricking all on my own two days. Finally, I decided that I would stick to splitting and piling as it took me too long to pause between splitting to rick as well. Also figured there are two teenaged boys who could possibly be made to take in a little gumption and come rick firewood. But they're not my boys ergo I bite my tongue.
I have no problem with a $3 repair it for a years worth of service.
Why I bought 6 of them. Set for many years. And they may become impossible to get.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have no problem with a $3 repair it for a years worth of service.
Why I bought 6 of them. Set for many years. And they may become impossible to get.

Well, $3 is not terrible and I agree. Would still rather not have need of repair kits. *chuckles* I'm being obstinate on that point for some rationale that isn't apparent to me. *smh* I may be infected with a Basilisk, or Dibbuk. Damn pesky occult buggers anyway, always seem to make a nice day go Charlie Foxtrot. Ah, s.n.a.f.u, s.n.a.f.u ... be what'll be. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, $3 is not terrible and I agree. Would still rather not have need of repair kits. *chuckles* I'm being obstinate on that point for some rationale that isn't apparent to me. *smh* I may be infected with a Basilisk, or Dibbuk. Damn pesky occult buggers anyway, always seem to make a nice day go Charlie Foxtrot. Ah, s.n.a.f.u, s.n.a.f.u ... be what'll be. :)
Everything wears out and needs repair kits.
Take myself for instance....

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So squonk bonkers I need a little help. I busted out my copper vape thinking I'd give it another go and some how over tightened the fire button, it snapped... there's another one in the box but it's shaped differently and I can't get it to fit correctly?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I just need to sand it to the same shape then should be easy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So squonk bonkers I need a little help. I busted out my copper vape thinking I'd give it another go and some how over tightened the fire button, it snapped... there's another one in the box but it's shaped differently and I can't get it to fit correctly?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I just need to sand it to the same shape then should be easy.

There are 2 different versions of the fire button. the most obvious difference is that one has a skinnier shank than the other one.
Easiest way is to compare the pics and get the proper repair kit from FT. My CV uses the V1 kit.

Once I got my CV I compared the pics to the parts in my CV and ordered 1 repair kit. When I saw it was the correct one I ordered 5 more :)

Last edited:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright DIY folks, what’s everyone using for a scale? Had a decent digital one for the kitchen we don’t use anymore but my son broke it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
There are 2 different versions of the fire button. the most obvious difference is that one has a skinnier shank than the other one.
Easiest way is to compare the pics and get the proper repair kit from FT. My CV uses the V1 kit.

Once I got my CV I compared the pics to the parts in my CV and ordered 1 repair kit. When I saw it was the correct one I ordered 5 more :)
Ok so the only way to fix mine until I order another one is to modify this one. Wonder why it came with an extra for a different version.
Thanks for the explanation by the way...

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forget which size it is,but someone figured out a while back that a Fat Daddy squonk pin will work as a 510 pin in the cv.I think it is the 2.5mm that they said worked,just have to grind or file the head down some.

Edit-I just pulled mine apart to check,and it is the 2.5mm pins that fit.You have to grind quite a bit of the head off to make it correct,but well worth the effort,as you will now have a nice stainless 510 pin instead of that whatever cheap metal they use,i think they use plated brass in the original pin.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so the only way to fix mine until I order another one is to modify this one. Wonder why it came with an extra for a different version.
Thanks for the explanation by the way...

They do not normally come with an extra button.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Alright squonk heads i have some dirty contacts in my orca what are u guys using to clean them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I use vodka and about once a month de-oxit or however you spell it

Only used a file on one once when that did not do the trick

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use vodka and about once a month de-oxit or however you spell it

Only used a file on one once when that did not do the trick
Wht do u do just soak the silver in vodka or do u scrub with the vody and what is deoxit

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wht do u do just soak the silver in vodka or do u scrub with the vody and what is deoxit

I use a paper towel or what have you, q tip, and gently clean rub on the contacts and between the where the positive makes contact with the 510

And down into the 510 itself

Deoxit is a an electronics cleaner that improves conductivity - you only need the tiniest dab Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 1.33.03 PM.png

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Shit i was gonna take it all apart

If you haven't been keeping up with the maintenance, that may be a good idea

But just giving it a good once over weekly keeps them in pretty good shape, depending on how yours was put together

VU Sponsors