Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Read post 5 in the thread.
Yeah, I read the whole thing. I ordered a few screws and might tinker with one of the CVs, if I keep them. I'm inclined to use regulated mods mostly and have several mech as backups for the days when the FDA decides the whole vaping scene should go FUBAR. I am considering another Therion BF and awaiting Geekvape's release of the S100 replacement. .....whenever that will happen.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pictures Please
Wouldn't complain about pics.
Here you guys go. There is a picture with it next to a Lukkos Silk and a Cappy V4rs Kompakt. The SJMY is in the middle, Lukkos on the left and Cappy on the right. The Lukkos and Cappy are around 25-30 bucks each and the SJMY is about 6. The SJMY is really close in feel to the Cappy V4rs. You cant beat them for the price of 6 bucks.

4GpTHAp.jpg

pe2xCpu.jpg

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally got those 3 SJMY silicone bottles i ordered from China. Man oh man are these nice. My favorite silicone bottles so far, like them about the as the Cappy and Silkys. These are much better than the Da One and all the super softs (FIB, Modmaker). I think i finally found the bottles ill be buying from now on. Im going to order 5-10 more just to keep as replacements.

I thought they where not going to be good as the expensive ones but was i shocked. I guess when your expectations are low and your pleasantly surprised, its makes them seem even better than they are. But these things give the Cappys and Silkys a run for there money. And you can buy 3-4 of these for the price of 1 of those. Win win. If you dont have any of the SJMY silicone bottles, you need to buy some. Fasttech and 3Fvape have them, and they come in regular white, black, blue, and i think yellow. They run around 6 bucks each.

I can put up pictures next to other bottles if someone wants to see a comparison. Or i can just post pics if anyone just wants to see what they look like. Let me tell you, they look really nice and feel even better.

Yes, some pictures would be great.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I finally got those 3 SJMY silicone bottles i ordered from China. Man oh man are these nice. My favorite silicone bottles so far, like them about the as the Cappy and Silkys. These are much better than the Da One and all the super softs (FIB, Modmaker). I think i finally found the bottles ill be buying from now on. Im going to order 5-10 more just to keep as replacements.

I thought they where not going to be good as the expensive ones but was i shocked. I guess when your expectations are low and your pleasantly surprised, its makes them seem even better than they are. But these things give the Cappys and Silkys a run for there money. And you can buy 3-4 of these for the price of 1 of those. Win win. If you dont have any of the SJMY silicone bottles, you need to buy some. Fasttech and 3Fvape have them, and they come in regular white, black, blue, and i think yellow. They run around 6 bucks each.

I can put up pictures next to other bottles if someone wants to see a comparison. Or i can just post pics if anyone just wants to see what they look like. Let me tell you, they look really nice and feel even better.
Can I get a link please

What sqounkers will these work in?

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can I get a link please

What sqounkers will these work in?
These will work for any sqounker that a normal 6ml bottle fits in. Pretty much any sqounker would be my guess...Here is the link.
https://www.fasttech.com/search?sjmy silicone

They also have them on 3fvape if you would rather grab them from there. They are a couple cents more there though...

Passafire

Member For 3 Years
What are yall's cons on the vt inbox? Didnt realize it had gotten so cheap, $62 on FT. I love my squeeze but want something that can take 24mm atties.

The bottles look a bit awkward to get seated correctly. Do the standard silicone bottles available everywhere fit with the inbox with it being slightly different than most tube systems I've seen? Overall size worries me a bit too, thing looks kinda bulky. Anyone have the ability to compare the size against a therion, since I've owned a 166 I know I dont want anything bigger.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are yall's cons on the vt inbox? Didnt realize it had gotten so cheap, $62 on FT. I love my squeeze but want something that can take 24mm atties.

The bottles look a bit awkward to get seated correctly. Do the standard silicone bottles available everywhere fit with the inbox with it being slightly different than most tube systems I've seen? Overall size worries me a bit too, thing looks kinda bulky. Anyone have the ability to compare the size against a therion, since I've owned a 166 I know I dont want anything bigger.
As far as i know,the only bottles that fit the inbox,are the inbox bottles.They don't have any threading on them,they slide up,and seal around the top when seated in the mod,they are nice bottles though.I've been using my inbox for close to 9 months and i'm still using the original bottle that came in it.
As for the size,it doesn't feel big or bulky at all to me.I have a Therion as well,so i will get you a side by side pic here shortly.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow. Okay. Guess I see now where I am. Did up a dual coil 26 awg build at 3.5mm ID. I got it to hammer 0.30(R) Ohms, solid. I first had aimed toward 0.25. Well I hit that but after the tuning in pulse it went to 0.30 and stuck. This is like the sixth one I've built in the past few days that's doing 0.30. Still want to go lower but for now, I'm kind of happy. :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow. Okay. Guess I see now where I am. Did up a dual coil 26 awg build at 3.5mm ID. I got it to hammer 0.30(R) Ohms, solid. I first had aimed toward 0.25. Well I hit that but after the tuning in pulse it went to 0.30 and stuck. This is like the sixth one I've built in the past few days that's doing 0.30. Still want to go lower but for now, I'm kind of happy. :)

What RDA are you using? and Wire?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The two things I'd try right off the bat would be a smaller diameter coil, say 3.0 mm or one less wrap, say 5 instead of 6 for example. Either will shorten the overall length of the wire used and results in lower resistance.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use my inbox alot more than my therion. It's lighter. Better bottles. I did get some mm bottles that made therion better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Same here.My inbox has been my daily carry mod since the day i got it,the Therion is nice,but heavier,so i just use it while sitting at home,right along side of the inbox haha.

Ok,here is the picture of the size difference between the Therion and the inbox.The inbox is very slightly wider,maybe 1/8" more than the Therion,but it is close to a 1/2" shorter on the height as well.
m6UX1cw.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What RDA are you using? and Wire?

RDA is a Goon 24mm clone. I use Kanthal A1 for wire.

The two things I'd try right off the bat would be a smaller diameter coil, say 3.0 mm or one less wrap, say 5 instead of 6 for example. Either will shorten the overall length of the wire used and results in lower resistance.

Alright. I'll work some of this in. As it is I only used 2 wraps. Might need another for a 3mm ID. I might consider going on down to 2mm ID. Don't want to wrap any tighter than 2mm, preference for me regarding wick.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

assuming that is kanthal?

dual nichrome 4 wraps on 2.5mm is around 0.25

SS probably add a wrap, or increase ID

both are more suited to low builds than kanthal :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RDA is a Goon 24mm clone. I use Kanthal A1 for wire.

Alright. I'll work some of this in. As it is I only used 2 wraps. Might need another for a 3mm ID. I might consider going on down to 2mm ID. Don't want to wrap any tighter than 2mm, preference for me regarding wick.
Like @DogMan said, it's much easier with either nichrome or SS wire. In my limited experience, you'd want at least 4 wraps but preferably 5 or even 6 wraps in each coil to provide some contact surface area between the coil and the wick. If Kanthal is all you have, try 24g or even 22 g but if all you have is 26g, try twisting two strands and using that. The caveat is that you'll have a bit more metal to heat in each coil so you'll need more power. If using a regulated mod, you'd need at least a 100 w mod so that you don't push it to the limit. For mechs, I'll let the more experienced speak and I'll listen.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
RDA is a Goon 24mm clone. I use Kanthal A1.

You on a mech Squonk or regulated?

Asking mostly to gauge your comfort zone on ohms for coils if mech.

Additionally I can whip up a few sets of coils for you and mail them out...just need to know the style of Vape you enjoy.

Single wire, fused claptons and Aliens...although I'm kinda bad still at making aliens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You on a mech Squonk or regulated?

Asking mostly to gauge your comfort zone on ohms for coils if mech.

Additionally I can whip up a few sets of coils for you and mail them out...just need to know the style of Vape you enjoy.

Single wire, fused claptons and Aliens...although I'm kinda bad still at making aliens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I'm running mechs. Not sure I want a regulated but might buy one just for overall safety concern a bit.

I've been piddling at the Clapton making too. :) Been trying 26 awg Kanthal as an inner core and 30 awg to wrap it. This might not exactly be how Claptons "are to be made" but I'm at least doing half okay with them, not sure I'm fusing them but being sure the wrap is tight. I need to look up on that there TellTube "how to build alien coils", ... eventually. *chuckles*

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I'm running mechs. Not sure I want a regulated but might buy one just for overall safety concern a bit.

I've been piddling at the Clapton making too. :) Been trying 26 awg Kanthal as an inner core and 30 awg to wrap it. This might not exactly be how Claptons "are to be made" but I'm at least doing half okay with them, not sure I'm fusing them but being sure the wrap is tight. I need to look up on that there TellTube "how to build alien coils", ... eventually. *chuckles*
A fused clapton has 2 or more core wires wrapped with a much thinner wire.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Fused Claptons start with dual core wires and move up from there...Aliens the same, dual core and up with 3 cores being the standard.

If you're making your own coils...26/28 ga cores are generally where you want to be, with 36+ for outer wrap.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
dual nichrome 4 wraps on 2.5mm is around 0.25
SS probably add a wrap, or increase ID
both are more suited to low builds than kanthal :)

Alright, I'll need to get some Ni and SS wire for building, a.s.a.p. . Presently that means I'll need to await my 'stipend' to get a revenue influx. :) I'm also considering doing something online which may garner some revenue coming my way. There are interesting free lance writing sites. :)

A fused clapton has 2 or more core wires wrapped with a much thinner wire.
&
Fused Claptons start with dual core wires and move up from there...Aliens the same, dual core and up with 3 cores being the standard.
If you're making your own coils...26/28 ga cores are generally where you want to be, with 36+ for outer wrap.

Ah ha. Well then, I don't need to look it up on the TellTube, now. From these written descriptions I can extrapolate the how to in building these different types of coils. Thank you both. :)

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I bought some 28 and some 36 to try my hand at it too. I'm going to cheat a bit though. I''m waiting on a deadalus or w/e to arrive lol. There are some really good vids that show how to build all sorts of different things. OhmBoyJosh has a good vid on making aliens.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I like dual 28g nichrome or SS cores wrapped in 38 or higher, usually around 6 turns dual coils gets me around.2, I shoot for .35 or so on single coil 22 mm on a mech.

Decided to put my own mod together, doing the toaster ss design. Already have a couple MM squonk 510's, (plan on using one to swap out the 510 on the SVA clone) going to get the large positive nut so my contacts don't have to be bent and contact with more surface area. Using silver plated beryllium copper for contacts. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress after the box is printed and I receive it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like dual 28g nichrome or SS cores wrapped in 38 or higher, usually around 6 turns dual coils gets me around.2, I shoot for .35 or so on single coil 22 mm on a mech.

Decided to put my own mod together, doing the toaster ss design. Already have a couple MM squonk 510's, (plan on using one to swap out the 510 on the SVA clone) going to get the large positive nut so my contacts don't have to be bent and contact with more surface area. Using silver plated beryllium copper for contacts. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress after the box is printed and I receive it.

Man I hope you got the 25% off the Shapeways order for the TD stuff? Brings the TD-SS to like $55 (Minus magnets, 510, contacts)

New account - E-Mail - Load up with stuff - wait 2 days for Shapeways to send you a code - 25% off ;)

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heya Squonkoz,
Just FYI, a handful of XMTC (Xander Mods Tribe Cloud from Italy) mechs just went up on the Squonk Radar site, beautiful mods with a huge fan base, these will go quick.. normally only available via a Facebook randomizer. Not cheap and U.K. Shipping on top, but some of the best printed mods out there. My wallet is in the hospital or I'd pick one up (!)
Go to squonkradar.com / 'collections' / 'mods'
Some other nice stuff on there if you haven't seen the site yet.
Cheers!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors