Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vapin Architect group, makers of Arkon, are moving from f-book to a website for ordering mods, sometime in the next week or so.
They're listed but out of stock...
20700 is $165 to $195 (nylon or alumide)
I've got one coming (18650) and they're well reviewed, etc.

I'm sure they'll sell out, but they make a batch as often as they can, and it's a pretty decent number - probably about 50 mods at a time?

upload_2017-8-5_18-13-19.png

How do you like the authentic compared to other mech 3d sqounks if you have any. Really looking at getting the 20700 version. Really wanted a Pzld twoseven but cant seem to get in on the quick strikes. Im so eager to get a 20700 mech sqounker. I have plenty of 18650 mech sqounks...

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everzon has them. When I ordered a couple weeks ago it was 44 dollars and change and they only had a handful left in stock. a couple days later they raised the price and had a ton in stock. edit...they only have 31 in stock now...these move fast
Subtotal $38.70
Shipping & Handling $6.80
Discount (04NXVNP30MF4) -$0.77
Grand Total $44.73
Now that I'm remembering, when I went to the Everzon website and saw that they were in stock they were at that 68 dollar listed price. When I went and created an account (wholesale) I logged in under that wholesale account and it was 38 and change. Once I had checked out I didn't go back to the site till about a week later I got the shipment notification email. That is when I noticed the "in stock" had gone from like 10 to 55 or something. Long story short is go ahead and try to create a wholesale account and see if the price drops to 38 and change.
Or more likely, they price based on supply and demand like a commodity?

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Philippine Peso yes, they listed them at $90 but gave the Peso equivalent of 4000, which is less than $90...and more like $79 and change. I know $11 isn't a shit ton to sweat in life...but he just hit 50 people for an extra $11, and charging the shit-tastic shipping on top of it. Sure there is going to be a dude to mass ship to, and then redistributed, the conversion rate doesn't match.

I'm Filipino myself and this is disturbing to get zero answer.

Bad bad. A Filipino myself. They should be honest outright. Not good business practice.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vapin Architect group, makers of Arkon, are moving from f-book to a website for ordering mods, sometime in the next week or so.
They're listed but out of stock...
20700 is $165 to $195 (nylon or alumide)
I've got one coming (18650) and they're well reviewed, etc.

I'm sure they'll sell out, but they make a batch as often as they can, and it's a pretty decent number - probably about 50 mods at a time?

View attachment 88668
Yeah i own a Arkon already (18650). Wish it was a 20700 but i bought it used and got a good deal so i jumped on it. I got some dope panels too. Here is a pic of it.
dbXEjVW.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would love to bf the sleeper but have no idea how. Thats why im selling it. I would love some advice on how to bf it...thanks
My "mouth spoke" but my brain wasn't present. From your picture it looked like a simple pin swap. I just looked at a video and saw that is not the case. I'd say best thing would be to drop catfish a line, I know he charged $25 to squonkify my Cyclone. He's a cool guy, he'll help if he can.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My "mouth spoke" but my brain wasn't present. From your picture it looked like a simple pin swap. I just looked at a video and saw that is not the case. I'd say best thing would be to drop catfish a line, I know he charged $25 to squonkify my Cyclone. He's a cool guy, he'll help if he can.
Yeah after you put the idea in my head. I went and tried every sqounk pin i had to see if it fit. I was thinking if one fit i could just drill out the block for the positive side. I found the icon sqounk pin fits but protrudes a bit to much. I will message him sometime and see what can be done. Or i might just try and drill it myself, but i dont think that would end well...lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that I'm remembering, when I went to the Everzon website and saw that they were in stock they were at that 68 dollar listed price. When I went and created an account (wholesale) I logged in under that wholesale account and it was 38 and change. Once I had checked out I didn't go back to the site till about a week later I got the shipment notification email. That is when I noticed the "in stock" had gone from like 10 to 55 or something. Long story short is go ahead and try to create a wholesale account and see if the price drops to 38 and change.
Or more likely, they price based on supply and demand like a commodity?
Thank you for all the info, it is much appreciated. I created a wholesale account but the price is still $68....Geekvape said they're working on a new squonk mod to be released soon, I guess I'll wait.....for now.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah after you put the idea in my head. I went and tried every sqounk pin i had to see if it fit. I was thinking if one fit i could just drill out the block for the positive side. I found the icon sqounk pin fits but protrudes a bit to much. I will message him sometime and see what can be done. Or i might just try and drill it myself, but i dont think that would end well...lol
The road to hell is paved with good intentions....:vino:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Will the instructions in this Forum's "Sticky" work? :question:
Yeah i read those over, they might work with a little modification. I dont know i have plenty of other bf attys, would be nice to convert the sleeper but we will see.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would love to bf the sleeper but have no idea how. Thats why im selling it. I would love some advice on how to bf it...thanks

Smaller drill bit than the pin threads are, tap it from inside the deck down...buy a thread tap set, thread it through.

In all honesty, you would only need a hole to allow juice through, threading it all the way isn't truly needed...can drill top down and then get any pin that fits the threads, file down if needed.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Smaller drill bit than the pin threads are, tap it from inside the deck down...buy a thread tap set, thread it through.

In all honesty, you would only need a hole to allow juice through, threading it all the way isn't truly needed...can drill top down and then get any pin that fits the threads, file down if needed.

Just Catfished a Athena Poseidon III RDA last week. I posted about it a few weeks ago but it took forever to get it. It is very similar to the Haku but with O-Atty/Hadaly style plates and without the extra metal by the airflow holes on the deck that allow you to reduce airflow. It also was out before the Haku. Works pretty good too, but has a bit too much air for me. Now I need an actual Haku as the differences would make it much better.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
How do you like the authentic compared to other mech 3d sqounks if you have any. Really looking at getting the 20700 version. Really wanted a Pzld twoseven but cant seem to get in on the quick strikes. Im so eager to get a 20700 mech sqounker. I have plenty of 18650 mech sqounks...
Haven't owned any other 3D printed mechs, but it is well built imo, I like that the contacts touch flat on a large surface area other than just a side or bent tip touching a tube like some I've seen.
IMG_0095.JPG
The spring loaded 510 is nice as well, all my rda's work great on it. As far as the friction fit door, no complaints so far, I've had it off and on several times, no slack and fits tight but easy to remove when you want to.
Changing/filling the bottle isn't hard but the bottle is so soft it is hard to do without premature squonking. Instead of paying the high price of their 510 refill bottle I recently ordered the ytfk version from fasttech for refilling without removing the bottle https://www.fasttech.com/p/7988100

Attachments

• IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    441.9 KB · Views: 29

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haven't owned any other 3D printed mechs, but it is well built imo, I like that the contacts touch flat on a large surface area other than just a side or bent tip touching a tube like some I've seen.
View attachment 88718
The spring loaded 510 is nice as well, all my rda's work great on it. As far as the friction fit door, no complaints so far, I've had it off and on several times, no slack and fits tight but easy to remove when you want to.
Changing/filling the bottle isn't hard but the bottle is so soft it is hard to do without premature squonking. Instead of paying the high price of their 510 refill bottle I recently ordered the ytfk version from fasttech for refilling without removing the bottle https://www.fasttech.com/p/7988100
Nice, yeah the bottle being to soft wont be an issue. I have plenty of refill bottles, including one from Boxer. I also have a couple other silicone refill bottles from Da One, but those are only 15ml. The more i read about the Boxer bf the more im leaning towards getting one...

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This bottles to soft.

This bottles to hard.

IDGAF what this bottle is I'ma fill it from the top!

That's a great idea. Def gonna have to pick up some of those.

So I was poking around over there on the "Affordable Mods" Facepuke page. Decent prices for some handsome squonks. Did you guys see the "Bare Bones"? What a trip no? It's not a squonker but still. Pretty neat.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooeeeeooooooooooo!!!

"Ha! Fast as you can squonk you'll never catch me! I am the great Cornholio. I come from the lands of Tittycaca where my peoples have no bungholios. You will bring me tp for my bungholio! ha hu hk So says the great Cornholio!"

"Are you threating me?"

"More rolio!"

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
IMG_0510.JPG

"The streets will flow with the blood of the unbelievers!"

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooeeeeooooooooooo!!!

"Ha! Fast as you can squonk you'll never catch me! I am the great Cornholio. I come from the lands of Tittycaca where my peoples have no bungholios. You will bring me tp for my bungholio! ha hu hk So says the great Cornholio!"

"Are you threating me?"

"More rolio!"

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This bottles to soft.

This bottles to hard.

IDGAF what this bottle is I'ma fill it from the top!

That's a great idea. Def gonna have to pick up some of those.

So I was poking around over there on the "Affordable Mods" Facepuke page. Decent prices for some handsome squonks. Did you guys see the "Bare Bones"? What a trip no? It's not a squonker but still. Pretty neat.
I bought the MM squonk refill kit and liked it so much I ordered the 5pack from FT. The one thing to remember is that the tips of the FT refill bottles are solid metal and lend themselves to an accidental short whereas the MM bottle tips have a plastic insert and would prevent a short.....fool proof? ...not for a talented fool, but good enough for mere mortals.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not liking the fact that you're poor though your statement is funny as hell, I'm liking the fact that you've joined the squonkaholic ranks.:vino:
Ordered the yellow and black Therion BF battery doors and 3 spare bottles from GB last night. Am I in the twilight zone?
By the way some of door colors are on flash sale for 11.50 or so. Normally 14-15 bucks.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered the yellow and black Therion BF battery doors and 3 spare bottles from GB last night. Am I in the twilight zone?
By the way some of door colors are on flash sale for 11.50 or so. Normally 14-15 bucks.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I'm ordering the spare doors on ebay since GB doesn't have the ones I want. You might consider the refill kit as well, it makes life easier. I replaced the Therion bottle with the super soft YFTK ones from FT and though they are a PITA to remove and refill by themselves, they are a joy to use.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone got a spare black button for little orca laying around.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rut Roh. A bunch of sites seem to be out of my favorite wick. And the direct company website's down.
upload_2017-8-6_21-25-15.png
They seem to have an Fbook page with posts recently, so I'm hoping it's a glitch and will check again.
I'm not like running out yet, or anything...just the way I've been playing with new coils and atties, I went through a bunch.

So, since I figured I'd wait and see on that, I bought 8 more batteries.
Was gonna get 6, but 2 more made it free shipping...so, that's like a free battery, right?
:D

Got some I know I like
upload_2017-8-6_21-21-31.png
And some that are supposed to be as good or better. Haven't loved Sony's in the past, but by reviews/ratings/mooch, these should be a good fit for me.
upload_2017-8-6_21-22-38.png

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rut Roh. A bunch of sites seem to be out of my favorite wick. And the direct company website's down.
View attachment 88759
They seem to have an Fbook page with posts recently, so I'm hoping it's a glitch and will check again.
I'm not like running out yet, or anything...just the way I've been playing with new coils and atties, I went through a bunch.

So, since I figured I'd wait and see on that, I bought 8 more batteries.
Was gonna get 6, but 2 more made it free shipping...so, that's like a free battery, right?
:D

Got some I know I like
View attachment 88757
And some that are supposed to be as good or better. Haven't loved Sony's in the past, but by reviews/ratings/mooch, these should be a good fit for me.
View attachment 88758
Is VCC better than Cotton Bacon?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure - I bumped into it, like it better than the japanese stuff, and stuck with it - never tried cotton bacon!
I do have a bag of "Native Wicks, Platinum" somewhere that I didn't love...
You like the bacon?
upload_2017-8-6_22-57-41.png

Is VCC better than Cotton Bacon?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not sure - I bumped into it, like it better than the japanese stuff, and stuck with it - never tried cotton bacon!
You like the bacon?
View attachment 88769

I love cotton bacon :banana:

The Native Wicks Platinum is great for a day or so - then goes kinda burny tasting fast

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You like the bacon?
View attachment 88769
I started with rayon, moved on to Japanese, used that for a year or more. Used the Japanese cotton in scottish roll wicks. Kept reading about cotton bacon so I got curious and bought a pack. I like it but I'm always looking for the next, best wick.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used Rayon for a long while...wicks great, flavor is good...just the break in was a little much for me...and that rare moment you get a partial dry hit...agony, but that happens with all wicks...just Rayon was the worst for me.

Tried Native Wicks, just found that it would break down faster with my juices than both Rayon and Japanese Cotton and CB2.

I tried CB2 about a year ago and haven't gone back...Cleanest taste for me, wicks great, almost no break in and its in supply pretty much everywhere and doesn't break down as fast as the others for me. Sure its more expensive than most other types of wicking. But I am ok with that.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I finally got those 3 SJMY silicone bottles i ordered from China. Man oh man are these nice. My favorite silicone bottles so far, like them about the as the Cappy and Silkys. These are much better than the Da One and all the super softs (FIB, Modmaker). I think i finally found the bottles ill be buying from now on. Im going to order 5-10 more just to keep as replacements.

I thought they where not going to be good as the expensive ones but was i shocked. I guess when your expectations are low and your pleasantly surprised, its makes them seem even better than they are. But these things give the Cappys and Silkys a run for there money. And you can buy 3-4 of these for the price of 1 of those. Win win. If you dont have any of the SJMY silicone bottles, you need to buy some. Fasttech and 3Fvape have them, and they come in regular white, black, blue, and i think yellow. They run around 6 bucks each.

I can put up pictures next to other bottles if someone wants to see a comparison. Or i can just post pics if anyone just wants to see what they look like. Let me tell you, they look really nice and feel even better.

VU Sponsors