Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Sirkris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Curse you Red Baron!"

I say this only because my wife much dislikes Ry4, it lingers & is too heavy to suit her. I love the taste of it and having no sense of smell I'm not bothered by the odor. Still, the old expression, "happy wife, happy life." Need to find a good Ry4 that doesn't linger so much.

I don't think the flavourart ry4 lingers much at all. I mix it with custards to sweeten them with a caramel after taste.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You could start off a DIY RY4 really easily using TFA (the flavor apprentice) "Double RY4" flavoring, some nic, PG and VG. It's a pretty darned decent 1-flavor flavor.
It's fairly sweet, NOT very much "tobacco" to it at all, and you could make it "lighter" for her by mixing a lower percentage flavoring.
I really love my concoction (it's got just a couple other ingredients) - but I ALSO love that my juice costs me something like $0.06/ml.

My kids friends have said "your dad's office smells like a cookie".
Probably a light lingering vanilla/caramel scent...

"Curse you Red Baron!"

I say this only because my wife much dislikes Ry4, it lingers & is too heavy to suit her. I love the taste of it and having no sense of smell I'm not bothered by the odor. Still, the old expression, "happy wife, happy life." Need to find a good Ry4 that doesn't linger so much.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You could start off a DIY RY4 really easily using TFA (the flavor apprentice) "Double RY4" flavoring, some nic, PG and VG. It's a pretty darned decent 1-flavor flavor.
It's fairly sweet, NOT very much "tobacco" to it at all, and you could make it "lighter" for her by mixing a lower percentage flavoring.
I really love my concoction (it's got just a couple other ingredients) - but I ALSO love that my juice costs me something like $0.06/ml.

My kids friends have said "your dad's office smells like a cookie".
Probably a light lingering vanilla/caramel scent...

That's probably going to be the route I need to go. Have access to some TFA RY4. Now, that I'm able to mix up smaller 10 ml batches, not so terrible if I need to cut a loss. Got some empties here too. I use the 9.5 ml, hm, could start out at .5 ml flavor added to 9 ml of unflavored pg/vg base. That would also keep my nicotine at 18mg/ml.

Had someone post a solution in the DIY thread I posted. Sure, it might be a good solution but for me $.1.00 ml is a bit too steep a cost. Especially with doing just a little of my own DIY & seeing how low you can go cost wise, a bit pressed to pay $0.50 per ml even any more. Yes, I know everybody's got to eat. At the same time that consideration is a two way street.

I don't think the flavourart ry4 lingers much at all. I mix it with custards to sweeten them with a caramel after taste.

Not yet tried any custards for a few different reasons. I honestly do not know what her exact perception of it is beyond what she tells me. Never have had a sense of smell. That kind of obliges me to court respectfully to those who do. Of course, I also use my dogs & cats when we have cats. Shrek (our little indoor dog) seems to agree with her on the RY4. Sure he is her baby but he is also taken to being my service dog in as much as helping me with his nose.

At present, I am vaping a strictly one flavor juice. It's 1.5 ml of Blueberry flavor with 8 ml of unflavored base. All my dogs seem to love it and i like the taste such as it is for myself. I think if four out of four dogs like the scent, it has to be alright to pass her. :giggle:

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally had some time to take some pics of the new additions to the CC collection :)

4x6r84ee7zohdtx6g.jpg

op445ttm5n72ndb6g.jpg

ti8u4wjyfc3a84j6g.jpg

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
@JuicyLucy , any more news, opinions, likes or dislikes on the Chalice IV ?
Nope - been hoping Rossum would give his opinion, as he's the only one I know who has one yet, lol
OK, it being the weekend, I finally got to playing with / building this thing and I'm now vaping it. Here's my initial impressions:
  • It has a nice, roomy deck. This was a problem for me with the Chalice III, which had too little room to get the wick down on the deck. No such problem with the IV.
  • It has great, big post holes. I suppose that's good for people who want to use exotic wire builds. But the screws and hole geometry are such that there was not at all fidgety with capturing my much less exotic 3x30 wire despite the fact that it looks completely lost in those holes.
  • I'm not a huge fan of the slotted capture screws. I would have preferred a traditional hex-socket. If I keep it, I'll probably replace them at some point.
  • It's a tough to get nail clippers in tight behind the posts to cut the wires off flush. Be careful with that. The backs of those posts are pretty close to the cap and you'll want to make sure tere's no possibility that the wire ends are touching the cap.
  • The deck drains superbly well -- as an atty that's purpose-designed for squonking should!
  • With the relatively roomy deck and top airflow, I don't think it's even remotely possible to over-squonk it to the point where it will leak. Same was true with the Chalice III, but with that atty, it was very easy to over-squonk it to the point where the airflow got gurgly. So far, I've not been able to induce any gurgle in the IV.
  • The airflow can be closed down enough for a tootle-puffer like me. But I'm not convinced it's running optimally that way.
  • The airflow adjustment ring is tight and I'm confident it will hold its setting.
  • It's somewhat noisy. Not in a high-pitched whistling kind of way, more in a Darth Vader breathing kind of way.
Just so everyone understands my perspective: I started out on Cyclones (standard cap only; I got one AFC cap and didn't like it very much). I upgraded from there to Nuppins, Chalice IIIs and O-16s. The O-16s pretty displaced the Chalice IIIs in my rotation. In fact, right after I got my first O-16 built, my reaction was: "I need some more of these". I'm not feeling that way about the Chalice IV right now.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
OK, it being the weekend, I finally got to playing with / building this thing and I'm now vaping it. Here's my initial impressions:
  • It has a nice, roomy deck. This was a problem for me with the Chalice III, which had too little room to get the wick down on the deck. No such problem with the IV.
  • It has great, big post holes. I suppose that's good for people who want to use exotic wire builds. But the screws and hole geometry are such that there was not at all fidgety with capturing my much less exotic 3x30 wire despite the fact that it looks completely lost in those holes.
  • I'm not a huge fan of the slotted capture screws. I would have preferred a traditional hex-socket. If I keep it, I'll probably replace them at some point.
  • It's a tough to get nail clippers in tight behind the posts to cut the wires off flush. Be careful with that. The backs of those posts are pretty close to the cap and you'll want to make sure tere's no possibility that the wire ends are touching the cap.
  • The deck drains superbly well -- as an atty that's purpose-designed for squonking should!
  • With the relatively roomy deck and top airflow, I don't think it's even remotely possible to over-squonk it to the point where it will leak. Same was true with the Chalice III, but with that atty, it was very easy to over-squonk it to the point where the airflow got gurgly. So far, I've not been able to induce any gurgle in the IV.
  • The airflow can be closed down enough for a tootle-puffer like me. But I'm not convinced it's running optimally that way.
  • The airflow adjustment ring is tight and I'm confident it will hold its setting.
  • It's somewhat noisy. Not in a high-pitched whistling kind of way, more in a Darth Vader breathing kind of way.
Just so everyone understands my perspective: I started out on Cyclones (standard cap only; I got one AFC cap and didn't like it very much). I upgraded from there to Nuppins, Chalice IIIs and O-16s. The O-16s pretty displaced the Chalice IIIs in my rotation. In fact, right after I got my first O-16 built, my reaction was: "I need some more of these". I'm not feeling that way about the Chalice IV right now.

Thanks - can't wait to try it myself

Don't know about you, but it's rare I change my mind on an atty after my first day with it

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! Thank you very much for the insight, it is more than likely I will pass on the Chalice IV unless I find an awesome deal, but even then I will choose Nuppin every single time. The way you described your reaction to the O-16 perfectly described my reaction to the first Nuppin.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
For anyone that is interested in the Chalice4,here is Mark Todd's review.

Was looking at this earlier - he kinda came to the same conclusion as Ross - except he didn't see the post placement as a problem for cutting coil legs

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks to be the first Chalice that I would be interested in.I'm a DL vapor,I can't MTL anymore,as it makes me cough every drag.I'll have to wait for the clone though,as 130 euros is way outta my league.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the black boxer and mulciber clones from 3fvape today.The boxer is actually charcoal grey,but compared to the purple one I got from Fasttech,the button actually feels stiffer and more solid.The purple one feels a little sloppy,like it might break.And the bottle on the black one is softer.Still not airtight or as soft as a FIB,but would be usable in a pinch.This one will either get a silicone bottle or a modmaker.And I think I will really like the mulciber.Love the look,the deck looks like a breeze to build on,and airflow is good for me.Still waiting on the Icarus clone,but stuff I've been seeing and reading looks like that one could be a POS. I'm going to try and not buy anymore of these cheap ass China squonkers,will just build one or save the money for something nicer and better built! Live and learn,but at least my FDA insurance policy is well stocked. ;):giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huh? Pyrex? As in borosilicate COE 33 PYREX? And how in the name of all that's good and squonkable would you be able to squonk with those?
A new squonker is coming out that has a perfume style pumper like the POS Kanger thing.
It will be all the rage!
Get your pyrex squonk bottles now.

or the new electronic squonker.
Temp controlled and automagically pumps more juice when it detects the coils drying off a bit.
And a manual button when you just have to have more juice to make a perfect vape :)
Has a moisture level control for how wet you want to keep your coils.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A new squonker is coming out that has a perfume style pumper like the POS Kanger thing.
It will be all the rage!

Temp controlled and automagically pumps more juice when it detects the coils drying off a bit.
And a manual button when you just have to have more juice to make a perfect vape :)
Please let me know when you'll sell the bridge in San Francisco, I'm interested in that investment opportunity as well!

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It will be all the rage!

Ahhh the Asmodus auto squonker, with a "generous" 4ml bottle. :giggle:

Let me screw in a 30ml juice bottle and I'd be all over it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just need a DNA75C with an extra digital output pin, 1 digital input pin and access to their source code.

I have located a tiny peristaltic pump that would work fine 1-7 ml per min liquid delivery.

if no squonk hole or particular position is needed then bottle can be bigger than normal.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It will be all the rage!

Wonderful - more features to fuck up!

Does it have an auto fire extinguisher for when it catches on fire :crazy:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Built my first mech squonker and it was a couple hours of trial and error (NOT DONE YET lol). Got the enclosure from T3 Mods on FB, the VT 510 BF direct from Varitube, and the 6x6 copper sheet from Amazon. Grand total with shipping was $73.

Just a couple of observations I'd like to share with the community in case anyone is interested:

1. Don't use the Varitube 510. The feed pin was way too long and I was JUST able to squeeze in the Mod Maker bottle. I hear the SVA 510 is best but my Google Fu turned up nothing. I think the Mod Maker 510s would work just as well.
2. Don't buy an enclosure with that silly shelf for the bottle.
3. If you fear your positive contact strip will touch the metal bottle cap use some battery wrap to insulate where there is potential for the short.

Without further ado...BATMOD!
470a650979158a951aa094e3fbd94508.jpg
e9eb4bde680fff222c4ea682121fc981.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahhh the Asmodus auto squonker, with a "generous" 4ml bottle.
No, you have it all wrong..."The internal juice chamber of the Spruzza hold's an impressive 4mL of juice."
They never claimed it was generous, just impressive. Which it is kind of impressive that they would actually use the word impressive to refer to a 4ml squonk bottle.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I only have 1 bf atty (hadaly) and am thinking I'll be needing another once my vtinbox arrives. What single coil flavor atties would you guys recommend? I love the hadaly and would totally buy another but I figured I'd ask the experts.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have 1 bf atty (hadaly) and am thinking I'll be needing another once my vtinbox arrives. What single coil flavor atties would you guys recommend? I love the hadaly and would totally buy another but I figured I'd ask the experts.
Since you like the Hadaly, I'm guessing you like more air so the usual MTL/ tight draw is not something you'd want. Try the Mulciber, No Fear Unlimited, O-atty.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wasp is a good one also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Psyclone is supposed to be releasing a new one soon called the Entheon. Looks like a better Hadaly to me, but no word on release date yet.

I really dig my Armo 1.0 clone for flavor. That bitch gets HOT though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
LOL - for a second, I thought you had your face printed on a door...

Also...I SEE ME ON YOUR SCREEN....
:giggle::giggle:

(Why am I just seeing this post?)

I was trying to show the front and back of the mod but started playing with the reflection instead :teehee:

My jaw about dropped to the floor when I open that box :vapemail:

VU Sponsors