Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Make that 7 days since ordering. Actually got shipped the 23rd though. Split those and my 6 days would have been right lol

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I have, yes, they are, and thats all I've got so far. My order just hit Los Angeles today (6 days in, I think, so not bad?).

Couldn't pass up the Pulse for $17, and the husband couldn't pass up the purple Icon for $18 lol
Gonna love your pulse I'm thinking of getting another.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Enjoying my "used" reo <3
188db8b7e76b48768d780d256147f6aa.jpg

398f6d7ada70b735f9b0e58e0b877af0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Gonna love your pulse I'm thinking of getting another.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Considering I still just have a squeeze/coral combo going on, I'd better love it in comparison lol

Just ordered a wraith earlier too. About to have a decent atty shortage again lol (mentioned husband may steal the wraith though. He's been eyeballing the tiny pink pico awfully hard and using it when he's at home. I think something larger and less girly has a huge spousal theft potential lol)

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol, that Wraith has some real weight to it, and a good solid feel. Hope you both like it!
:)
Considering I still just have a squeeze/coral combo going on, I'd better love it in comparison lol

Just ordered a wraith earlier too. About to have a decent atty shortage again lol (mentioned husband may steal the wraith though. He's been eyeballing the tiny pink pico awfully hard and using it when he's at home. I think something larger and less girly has a huge spousal theft potential lol)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Did you look at ecig city . com? They had the Wraith for $30

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is where I ended up ordering from. Couldn't find the damned thing anywhere else anyway lol
That is a nice mod and the TC is pretty decent. I was going to order a second one but my idea was derailed! Now you'll need to try the Origen Little, but save yourself the aggravation and get the Shen Ray one, unless you want the authentic.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What bottles do you guys recommend for the wraith? I just ordered one last night. I want to give sqounking another try and couldn't beat the price.
I have a hadaly on its way to use on the wraith already. Now the "fun" waiting part.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update, short version - now running that Armor clone with an old stand-by build: dual, 27g kanthal, 2.5mm, 5.5 wraps for about 0.44 ohms.
MUCH better than when I tried the single. Not dazzling, but a decent draw, nice vape, nice and compact...and the AFC works especially well, a smooth easy turn. Currently sitting on a Coppervape...

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried a copper vape the 1st time I tried sqounking and could never get that thing working very well.
Did you modify it at all? I had troubles with it just being a very weak hit. It was my 1st mech, but I got the higher amp Batts and checked my coils on a ohm meter. I liked it at .2 ohms but it was so inconsistent (probably me being a noob) it got shelved rather quickly.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some folks have done a little fix with the screw that is the firing pin/contact to solve inconsistent firing. But personally? I have three of them, and they all have performed flawlessly right out of the box. It's frankly a shocking success for a $30 chinese device...

all3-b.jpg
I tried a copper vape the 1st time I tried sqounking and could never get that thing working very well.
Did you modify it at all? I had troubles with it just being a very weak hit. It was my 1st mech, but I got the higher amp Batts and checked my coils on a ohm meter. I liked it at .2 ohms but it was so inconsistent (probably me being a noob) it got shelved rather quickly.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Some folks have done a little fix with the screw that is the firing pin/contact to solve inconsistent firing. But personally? I have three of them, and they all have performed flawlessly right out of the box. It's frankly a shocking success for a $30 chinese device...

View attachment 85518

Yeah, I am still a devotee

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 85518

Out of curiosity, what was the fix? I have that issue with mine.

Also does anyone know where I can get some of those beauty rings with spending $20 each?! Damn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know the first thing to check is that the bottle is screwed on securely - that places leverage on the contact strip...
I don't have the info on the screw - anyone? Anyone?

Rings...there's a limited selection on the chinese sites. Some weird ones, and a nice one for the O-16 (16mm to 22 I think) for like a buck, on fastech...
A lot of other ones do run $20ish.
For $20 though, you can get even an odd size from these guys - I did that once -

Also does anyone know where I can get some of those beauty rings with spending $20 each?! Damn!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

According to our friend @The Cromwell, the v1 repair kit from FT has a shorter replacement screw that does not bind and cause misfires like the OG can do (this is my understanding of what he has told me a few times)

Surprised he hasn't chimed in on this :p sure he will sometime soon

Last edited:

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Another trick that I did,if you take the switch apart you'll see a small o-ring on the contact screw that touches the battery.Replace that o-ring with a slightly thicker one.I just dug through all the kayfun o-rings I had till I found one that was perfect.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fasttech has a bunch of different beauty rings in different sizes.

Thank you, I didn't see any for 22mm atties other than to sit on an Ego or something. I'm looking for something like this:
fd0284b3142f8b918f2070f3f1b86747.jpeg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woof. Just went a on a bit of a spending frenzy...

Fasttech- Odis Atty Clone
YFTK Bottles 5pk
JMK tips - SS Machi Ring
Black Delrin Machi Ring
Amazon- 6"x 6"Copper Sheet
Varitube- VT510 BF
Kidney Puncher- Black Hadaly Stubby Cap
T3 Mods - Mech squonk enclosure

Now someone please buy my Revenant Cartel 160 in the Trading Post, pleeeeease... so I don't have a nervous breakdown!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got an email about these through Alibaba. Anyone seen them yet? It's by a company called Komge and it's called the Keel.

Anyone with an Alibaba account want to organize a group buy? I sent them an email to get the latest price on an order of 10.
853b130ad6f601a7318a481798a864c5.jpg
03f4f028f3da01cf7d5ffe379861e80e.jpg
b0312165be19072bec8a8389596089c8.jpg
a7d21345072a8b6274fbedb186432bb1.jpg
5d694cbfd489198c7d8877067704db86.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What are the internals made with?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was like "ooh, KP has a Hadaly cap?" Then I realized, I have like 6 caps for 2 Hadaly's....

Then again, I have like

YFTK Bottles 5pk
JMK tips - SS Machi Ring
Black Delrin Machi Ring
Varitube- VT510 BF

Now someone please buy my Revenant Cartel 160 in the Trading Post, pleeeeease... so I don't have a nervous breakdown!

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

YFTK Bottles 5pk
JMK tips - SS Machi Ring
Black Delrin Machi Ring
Varitube- VT510 BF

Awesome haul.. deep breaths deep breaths... feel the burn...keep telling yourself crazy is good!
I'm in the same boat dude. This was a reckless whole month, I was on a mission to feel complete. Like for real. (I know shut up no such thing)
Still waiting on a couple things so now time to chillllll and appreciate everything.. ; )

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are the internals made with?

Looks to be copper contacts. The 510 looks very similar to the one in the Icarus clone on 3Fvape.

I requested a quote for an order of 10 pieces to see if I could organize a group buy, but they want $168 EACH. Nope, nope, and nope.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another update on the NYX RDA. Turning the top cap blocks the side air, allowing use of only the top down airflow. Everything lines up right to align top airflow with the coils and misaligning the side airflow so it is blocked. Also while the side airflow holes look dangerously low, the actual cuts in the deck are ramps that go to 1-2mm higher than the holes (from memory) so it's not as bad as it looks.

VU Sponsors