Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I believe it's a modder who specializes in stabwood & ultem, he (they?) make caps & tips (ala Munoz bell cap) in limited runs for the unicorn RDAs.
Thank you! I thought I was missing something.....

So, I just got approved for the Vikset group, yup he's a modder (from Poland) but mainly everyone is nutty for his top caps. His flagship mod is The Stereo, stabwood DNA75

Just FYI, since ya don't do Facebook, this Vikset page is a good example for you of what these groups are like..
Apologies for the long post, just thought it may be interesting for the non Facebookers here.

Introduction and pricing:

IMG_2035.jpg

....The Stereo Mod

IMG_2038.jpg

...The Buy Sell Trade;

IMG_2033.jpg

Some actually really cool stuff..

IMG_2032.jpg

Warning about a chance to buy...

IMG_2037.jpg

Teasing....

IMG_2039.jpg

The rules for this particular X1 ...keep in mind this is just for fcukin CAPS(?!)

IMG_2036.jpg

The Winners (US list, there's a separate International one)

IMG_2042.jpg

Shipping Update teaser;

IMG_2040.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 16

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, I just got approved for the Vikset group, yup he's a modder (from Poland) but mainly everyone is nutty for his top caps. His flagship mod is The Stereo, stabwood DNA75

Just FYI, since ya don't do Facebook, this Vikset page is a good example for you of what these groups are like..
Apologies for the long post, just thought it may be interesting for the non Facebookers here.

View attachment 85326

....The Stereo Mod

View attachment 85327

...The Buy Sell Trade;

View attachment 85328

View attachment 85329

View attachment 85330

Teasing....

View attachment 85331

The rules for this particular X1 ...keep in mind this is just for fcukin CAPS(?!)

View attachment 85333

View attachment 85334

Shipping Update teaser;

View attachment 85335

Annnnd, completely insane person (perhaps a serial killer)

IMG_2031.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 85326

....The Stereo Mod

View attachment 85327

...The Buy Sell Trade;

View attachment 85328

View attachment 85329

View attachment 85330

Teasing....

View attachment 85331

View attachment 85333

View attachment 85334

Shipping Update teaser;

View attachment 85335

The price isn't that bad for a luxury - it's the hoops

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
RED ALERT: Kanger Dripbox 160 on clearance just added on VaporDNA, only color is Rose Gold : $24.99
These won't last!

Heads up @BrewBear, I know yer all set but maybe one to customize
; )

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
miss all you squonkers, been to busy lately to catch my breath, but my girls landed me the best prize ever today and it's too good not to share!
In the words of my daughter, as I was unwrapping it:
"Daddy, take a break at work sometimes and use this"
My subie-nerd senses are tingling..... NEW DESK TOY!
Petter Solberg's 2006 hawkeye WRC Impreza from the 2007 Rally Monte Carlo DIRT STAGE EDITION *squEEEEEE!* 300 AWHP 440 ft./lb torque mountain-eating machine!

X9IUag5.jpg

Mr0qUhd.jpg

2wtfWtJ.jpg
Very nice! But maybe I'm missing something, I don't see the 510, or the battery door, and can't figure out where the squonk bottle goes.:giggle:

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back to the Armor discussion...

Armor Mods is particularly frustrating because they intentionally limit production to drive price and demand. It's not like a single dude is machining these things. It's a goddamn China atty - for $120. I'm sure whichever factory they've contracted for production could crank out 10,000 of the things per month. Sell them for $30 each and count the big stacks of money.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Armor Mods is particularly frustrating because they intentionally limit production to drive price and demand. It's not like a single dude is machining these things. It's a goddamn China atty - for $120. I'm sure whichever factory they've contracted for production could crank out 10,000 of the things per month. Sell them for $30 each and count the big stacks of money.

I'm with you on this. I've been in the group for a while, and can't get an atty to save my life. Been through 3 random draws so far. I see pics of folks with 2, 3 or even 8 Armors and I just laugh at what they must have spent in cash or trade to get them.

Probably going to follow Saint and others and just move on.

Vikset on the other hand is really just one guy making stuff.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm with you on this. I've been in the group for a while, and can't get an atty to save my life. Been through 3 random draws so far. I see pics of folks with 2, 3 or even 8 Armors and I just laugh at what they must have spent in cash or trade to get them.

This is exactly why some folks will resort to the clone. And, being a China produced atty, speculation that at least one of the existing clones is made in the same factory as the authentic may not be terribly far fetched.

tmaxxking2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Now, can you find a regulated, non DNA chip, dual battery, front squonk, that doesn't cost an arm, a leg and front teeth squonk mod available to mere mortals non FB members?

I don't have a problem with a larger mod I used an rx200 with a buddha v1 daily while driving over an hour to and from work 5spd for over a year

But a dual 18650 Squonker will end up being larger then most peoples hands Yihi is about the only chip option comparing it to a dna
most of the others seem to be way off of listed specs and inconsistent

I leave the house with my therion 75 6 charged batteries and a 60ml every morning

Most people want comfort and style the brick size boxes are dying fast

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I got home last night and found a surprise in my mailbox. Actually, I knew it was coming, but didn't expect it so quickly. Feast your eyes on this beauty! This is my third Orca from @minimalsaint, and it's amazeballs. Silver contacts, fancy pants silver 510 connector, and custom ultem button! This one is a silky matte finish and it's classy af.

Best part is minimalsaint only made me X1 for it 4 times before I had a chance to purchase it. Well, there was also the required essay, but that's pretty standard, and goes along with the initial application for customership. Since I'm a repeat customer, he also waived the requirement of placing third in a West Virginia county fair pie eating contest before I was allowed to X1 the third time.

Anyway, here's a glamor shot:
FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg

Needless to say, I'm in love with it. The new silver 510 connector gives lots of room for the bottle too, so that's nice. I also got a Mulciber from him, and I'm really enjoying that as well. It's on one of the other orcas though, for a little better matchy - matchy. I was on the fence on it for a long time, and I'm very happy to have one now. It's a great little atty, for sure. I haven't even had it a day yet and it's quickly becoming one of my all time favorites.

Thank you so much, Saint!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can anyone recommend what gauge silver or copper to buy for making contacts in a small squonker and if there's a notable difference in conductivity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can anyone recommend what gauge silver or copper to buy for making contacts in a small squonker and if there's a notable difference in conductivity?

I think it would greatly depend on the box...As for Silver vs Copper...in my SOI Shorty in Hybrid, it was negligible... 3.68 and 3.73... .05v Watch out now! lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it would greatly depend on the box...As for Silver vs Copper...in my SOI Shorty in Hybrid, it was negligible... 3.68 and 3.73... .05v Watch out now! lol

The only two things I have to compare are my Coppervape BF with copper contacts and my Orca from minimalsaint with silver contacts to compare.
Obviously the Orca hits way harder than the CV but comparing two completely different contact styles in two VERY different enclosures doesn't help me there lol

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

See also, as @all_thumbs puts it, the Darren Loh effect. (Dee mods)

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Do it. You'll find your vaping becomes much less angsty lol

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I got home last night and found a surprise in my mailbox. Actually, I knew it was coming, but didn't expect it so quickly. Feast your eyes on this beauty! This is my third Orca from @minimalsaint, and it's amazeballs. Silver contacts, fancy pants silver 510 connector, and custom ultem button! This one is a silky matte finish and it's classy af.

Best part is minimalsaint only made me X1 for it 4 times before I had a chance to purchase it. Well, there was also the required essay, but that's pretty standard, and goes along with the initial application for customership. Since I'm a repeat customer, he also waived the requirement of placing third in a West Virginia county fair pie eating contest before I was allowed to X1 the third time.

Anyway, here's a glamor shot:
View attachment 85366

Needless to say, I'm in love with it. The new silver 510 connector gives lots of room for the bottle too, so that's nice. I also got a Mulciber from him, and I'm really enjoying that as well. It's on one of the other orcas though, for a little better matchy - matchy. I was on the fence on it for a long time, and I'm very happy to have one now. It's a great little atty, for sure. I haven't even had it a day yet and it's quickly becoming one of my all time favorites.

Thank you so much, Saint!

I must have overlooked your application for rights to post pictures though, we'll have to discuss your breach of contract elsewhere, lest I hang you out to dry in front of our peers :giggle:

I'm glad you're enjoying it, I really like how the finish turned out too.... feels silky in the hand, yeah?
And the Mulciber.... sadly it just lost its place in my rotation so I'm glad it has a new home with purpose!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A mulciber lost it's place?
What, did you win the lottery and buy an M-atty? Or that new one people are foaming at the mouth over...the Haku ("gezundheit") ?
:D

I must have overlooked your application for rights to post pictures though, we'll have to discuss your breach of contract elsewhere, lest I hang you out to dry in front of our peers :giggle:

I'm glad you're enjoying it, I really like how the finish turned out too.... feels silky in the hand, yeah?
And the Mulciber.... sadly it just lost its place in my rotation so I'm glad it has a new home with purpose!

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
...And the Mulciber.... sadly it just lost its place in my rotation so I'm glad it has a new home with purpose!

I rebuilt my Mulciber Sunday and got just a perfect (for me) build in it. I think it has more to do with coil placement and using a lot of cotton with a slightly spaced coil than what wire I was using. I was thinking it might get supplanted in my rotation but it just came roaring back.

I also got my NYX mods RDA yesterday, another double secret FB group thing although a smaller group and less hyped thank god. Atty is pretty good. Air like a Drifter but has added top air that can be on or off with a twist of the top. 22mm. Pics when I get home, probably, but it looks kind of like a Yeti with smaller air holes, different tip and a better deck.

Last edited:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A mulciber lost it's place?
What, did you win the lottery and buy an M-atty? Or that new one people are foaming at the mouth over...the Haku ("gezundheit") ?
:D

I only have 2 devices in my possession at any given time, it's tough to love all of my atties equally
I do have a special in the works though.... and a new atty on the way.... :D

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine are still out for a couple of weeks, minimum :(
They're great! Now I'm thinking about getting the 5 pack of refill bottles too!
I want some but I have never ordered from FT and am to impatient to wait lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's worth the wait! I usually pay the extra dollar or so and get the e-packet, get them in about 8 days!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But they will not work in my Kanger squonkers.
Will they work in a CV?
Definitely not in the CV, that was the second mod I checked. Not sure about the Kangers, not yet!
Just checked the DB2, the little plastic doodad that friction fits the regular bottle is just a little too loose on the YFTK bottle neck

Last edited:

tmaxxking2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
If you guys didn't buy any of these bottles from FT, you're missing out! https://www.fasttech.com/p/7762300
They're softer than the MM bottles! Cheaper too! They're same size as MM. Just put one in my Vaporflask!

Lukkos Silk bottle clone silicone ... Lukkos 18.03 before shipping from the UK

I ordered the silicone bottles and the refill bottle just getting ready to leave China today

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lukkos Silk bottle clone silicone ... Lukkos 18.03 before shipping from the UK

I ordered the silicone bottles and the refill bottle just getting ready to leave China today
Did I miss the refill bottle on FT? I didn't see one listed anywhere

Sent from my XR6M10 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Never did get one Brewski

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I figured as soon as I start looking for another regulated squonk mod, they'll be sold out everywhere and sure enough, they are!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, I figured as soon as I start looking for another regulated squonk mod, they'll be sold out everywhere and sure enough, they are!

It is my understanding that changing the battery is a PITA

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is my understanding that changing the battery is a PITA
That was true for the Triade too! Nice mod, don't use it much tho! Guess I'll just have to wait for Geekvape to eventually release their new squonk mod...if it happens....ever....

VU Sponsors