Become a Patron!

Smok X Cube II - Smok's Temp Control Take 2

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just saw the new mod coming from Smok, the X Cube II. It's a substantial upgrade in all aspects. Beautiful all-metal design with brushed-metal finish, and bigger OLED display, it looks like an integrated whole. It supports Bluetooth 4.0 technology, and a customizable LED that potentially illuminates in up to 16 million colors. 160W maximum output will bring you an unexpected vaping experience. Magnet-held battery cover allows you to replace batteries almost instantly. And there many more functions are waiting for you to discover. All these make X CUBE II one of the most excellent devices ever made.

Specifications
Size: 100x60x24.5 mm
Weight: 238.6g
Output Power: 6W-160W
Output Voltage: 0.35V-8V
Standby Current: < 300uA (when the batteries are full)
Maximum Input Voltage: 8.80V
Resistance Range: 0.08Ω—3.0Ω
Temperature Control Range: 200°F-600°F/ 100°C-315°C
Material: Zinc Alloy and Stainless Steel

2.jpg 14.jpg
4.jpg

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the looks of this one.Much better looking than the first version of the xcube. I'll wait till there are reviews out before I pull the trigger,since Smok doesn't have the best track record.

Heldar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if ill like the firing bar. Looks like accidental firing could become an issue. Other than that, looks good. We'll see how it actually performs though.

Durka

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's bluetooth about it couldn't imagine why you would ever want blue tooth on any mod

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's bluetooth about it couldn't imagine why you would ever want blue tooth on any mod
Easier to adjust your settings on bluetooth then on the little screen. I could see why some would want it, but I could see why some would never use it. Same with the memory settings, set them for different atty's and stuff. Some people will use it, some won't. Also does puff count, puff timer totals and other stuff too. The bluetooth feature has been on several mods that they have released...that's not anything new here.
Not sure if ill like the firing bar. Looks like accidental firing could become an issue. Other than that, looks good. We'll see how it actually performs though.
I hadn't thought about that, but you are right if you were to keep it in your pocket it may accidentally fire, but I don't ever keep a box mod in my pocket with an atty attached, so I don't think that would be an issue for me.
the firing bar is pretty awesome. I just hope it temp limits better than the 80
I was told that it does TC correctly, unlike the M80, but until I get one in my hands, I can't say for sure. I'm looking forward to testing one out though! :)

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is purdy, any idea what the price point is going to be?
I've got the Smok BT50 which was one of their first mods with bluetooth and at first I thought the same thing, like why would anyone ever use this? Then I tried out the app and it is kinda cool, you can set variable wattage programs - like start off at 45W for 2 seconds and drop down to 30W for 10 seconds or check your resistance down to the 100ths. I don't use it all the time but it's kind of cool.

The bluetooth isnt new, its out on the BT50 also. You download an app on your Android of iSO device to connect to the Vape. Gives you firmware updates that upgrades wattage and other features. Can also adjust output power per individual second, and many other settings on the device otherwise inaccessible. You can set it to ramp up slow or fast, start high power then taper down, low to high, low or high entire draw, etc. Also saves all your usage stats for you to review. Bluetooth is actually extremely useful the way that Smok has designed it.

Has nothing to do with the vape taking phone calls, playing music, etc as most think. All bluetooth is is a brand name for wirelessly connecting 2 devices. I wish every company would have bluetooth enabled devices with an app similar to what Smok uses. Changes the way I use my device

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
loving the aesthetics on this one. is the cell replaceable?

*EDIT* i see now the cell is replaceable. great news!

about the firing bar and it firing when in your pocket... wouldnt there be a 5 click feature on this mod to turn it off before putting it into your pocket? then it wouldnt matter if the bar is pressed or not. its off.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
loving the aesthetics on this one. is the cell replaceable?

*EDIT* i see now the cell is replaceable. great news!

about the firing bar and it firing when in your pocket... wouldnt there be a 5 click feature on this mod to turn it off before putting it into your pocket? then it wouldnt matter if the bar is pressed or not. its off.
Good point...not sure at this point. All we have is limited details at this point. Smok had sent me items recently to review and give feedback prior to releasing for sale, so if I get one, or if I get the information, I will let you know along with answering the other questions presented here.

CantWin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
only thing im not really happy about is the size. I imagtine it would have to be 2 x 18650 to hit 160 watts, but the size of the door makes this seem on the large side. of course this is with me used to using my vaporshark and istick 50

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wonder if the temp control actually works on this one. And that the pics are a dodgy render because if not those buttons are sitting proud of the base.

PS: That's the least cube like cube ever.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if the temp control actually works on this one. And that the pics are a dodgy render because if not those buttons are sitting proud of the base.

you think those buttons on top should be flush?

where they are located seems to eliminate much risk of unintentionally hitting one. or am i misreading your post?

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It generally makes sense to recess buttons to avoid them getting randomly activated.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It generally makes sense to recess buttons to avoid them getting randomly activated.
I understand the point you're making but when. I think about it and look at my mods, not a single one has recessed buttons. :( I agree @2c5000 I think they'll be just fine where they are and how they are. I guess we'll see once I have it in my hands.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand the point you're making but when. I think about it and look at my mods, not a single one has recessed buttons. :( I agree @2c5000 I think they'll be just fine where they are and how they are. I guess we'll see once I have it in my hands.

not to mention this device likely has a lock feature so the buttons not being recessed is a non issue from what i can tell.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
have any release dates been thrown around on this one yet?

also, are the dimensions available yet?

really feeling the aesthetics on this one.

Xhozt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Love my M80... but this looks like its replacement .

aviva

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SMOK said it is authentic temperature control. Let us wait for the first users reviews about it. If it is good as description, I would like to buy a TFV4 on it. :)

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wait what? if you buy this new device... you have to pay more to upgrade it to a TC device?

EDIT... i just realized that this is a dual 18650 mod... so im out. if they make a mini version ill take a look.

Gotta be a dual at those power levels. 20 amp 3.7 volt battery ~ 72 watts. 30 amp ~ 105 watts. I prefer the single cell mods myself also. I may still get one. That and a Tobeco super tank. IDK?

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta be a dual at those power levels. 20 amp 3.7 volt battery ~ 72 watts. 30 amp ~ 105 watts. I prefer the single cell mods myself also. I may still get one. That and a Tobeco super tank. IDK?

ah i see. i dont need more than 60 watts. hopefully a mini version of this is in the plans. it sure does look nice.

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You also use the Bluetooth to adjust all those cool colors.
Let's hope the tc works a bit differently on this one.
Just got the 80 and with the discounts it's a super mod for the price, just don't expect it to pass a cotton burn test.

Just pre-ordered one of these bad boys. Couldn't resist having seen a few photos. Always wanted a button and LED strip like this in a mod.

It's the first time I've ever pre-ordered a mod. Supplier says delivery expected in China from supplier around the 11th of July and postage to Ireland a further 2 weeks, so might have it by the end of the month.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

It's rectangle cube type thing.

therian12

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have seen many write ups and video reviews of this mod with the "preview versions" and the paid upgrade for the TC is just a 2.99 difference you can order with or without temp control with a legit 2.99 discount between the two. some of the vendors are selling with and without and the only difference in price is that 2.99. Many of the sits have it ranging from 55.55-80$ fasttech is selling them for 99.90. I got mine from Cigbuy.com for 55.55 after a discount code total was 68.43 after shipping. Estimated due date across all websites is roughly july 10th-july 15 so im expecting mine around the end of july.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. For $2.99 retail their cost is probably less than a $ per unit. It should just be included and have a single item to keep track of for inventory and supply simplicity. But hey. What the hell do I know.

therian12

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it probably provides a good metric to measure how many people actually gives a damned about Temp control to be honest, it looks like an analytical thing. Why else connect it to an app other to give it a bit finer tuning and to track how we use the device?

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was very interested in this and the low price point. Had the Smok BEC with Bluetooth and was crap, also have M80 TC is not TC as already mentioned. . However on Cube II was about to pull trigger until I saw video and massive size, mostly hight. For those that don't care, can't go wrong at this price even if TC is not good.

Sent from Custom HK M8.

Xhozt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
does the TC work on it?
I say it does... But many would say it doesn't do "real" tc.. I will say I don't get dry hits at all on it..

Xhozt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gearbest just charged me..... Now the wait begins... And once shipped the traditional stalking of the mail man.. Hehe

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
she sure is a nice looking mod. id like to see a single cell version.

Xhozt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Unlikely .. anything with decent wattage needs 2 cells at this point for the power and for stamina/MAH

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
they have one forget what it's called has way less watts though. xcube bt50 I think

therian12

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gearbest just charged me..... Now the wait begins... And once shipped the traditional stalking of the mail man.. Hehe
I ordered mine through cigabuy cause the one on gearbest jumped up to 100$ going down to 91 after discount code mine was charged the day i preordered it and it still is listed as processing

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlikely .. anything with decent wattage needs 2 cells at this point for the power and for stamina/MAH

lower watts is fine. anything over 50-75 watts is pointless IMO. so yeah i meant a single cell version of this mod. obviously the watts would be lower.

they have one forget what it's called has way less watts though. xcube bt50 I think

that is a TC version of this that works? i thought their original offerings didnt quite work TC wise...? and that this was their answer to their non working mods....?

ill have to take a look.

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Curious about this mod myself. Once anyone has a nice review of it, please post it up! From the looks of it, looks like a winner. I have an Xpro M80 Plus right now, and I was thinking about grabbing an IPV4, but then I saw the Cube II so I'm not sure which way to go.

KCCO_SHADE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone got theirs yet? I have an XPro M80 Plus for my tanks and am seriously contemplating the new mod for RDA's (I know, I'm weird, but I don't like sharing my Mods w/ different attys. LOL) I'm hesitant to pull the trigger though, until I hear some real world reviews...

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Got mine on a pre-order from Vapenw $59 - Shipped Yesterday, should have it Monday!

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I'm gonna stick with my xpro m80 for a few months, in case theres any kinks that need to be worked out with the X Cube II. But anyone that gets one, looking forward to what you think of it! That might give me the push to grab one lol.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A youtuber was questioning how well the temp control worked after seing a vid of a tissue burn test. Even up to 600F, the tissue never charred. So either the temp control is really wierd and off or it's just that good. One reviewer said it is better than the SX Mini's.

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like a toss up between the IPV 4S and the Smok X Cube II for me for a decent TC mod... I'm gonna assume its that good until someone says otherwise. I'm leaning slightly to IPV 4S due to its reputation, but the X Cube II looks nice and the BT app, while gimicky, seems interesting and would be really bad ass if it enhanced making adjustments.

Either way in the end, its just an excuse to spend money and buy some nichrome wire lmao! My current wattage setup works nicely and gets the job done for me...

VU Sponsors