Become a Patron!

ShanMods...anyone know about it?

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The monkeys are fun to watch though :D

Not always. The Las time we went to the zoo, every other animal must have been in mating season. We had to tell our kids that they were all board and wanted to play leap frog. Its a good thing kids are gullible. It is alarming, apes do the dirty is about every position us humans do. SOME THINGS CAN NOT BE UNSEEN!!!!!!!

There was about 15 apes in a orgy that would rival the disco era.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is what happens.. the hype dies down and she will be a ghost again.. she gave the OP his mod to make him happy.. and then the rest have had no communication..

I can't imagine waiting almost a year for a friggin mod that will be obsolete by the time you get it.. such a shame.

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
This is what happens.. the hype dies down and she will be a ghost again.. she gave the OP his mod to make him happy.. and then the rest have had no communication..

I can't imagine waiting almost a year for a friggin mod that will be obsolete by the time you get it.. such a shame.
I agree this is such a shame. The mod is ok. Not great. Not worth a looooong wait. Not done good on the inside. Wires are too tight and little things here and there. But it works. Just looks like a super rush job.

Some people got parts shipped and some got mods. I think 5 people or so we're taken care of.

She had a good rep for quite a while which is why I chose. Hard lesson learned. Don't pre-order from a person making custom mods. I will NEVER do it again.

I wish everyone gets their mod.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree this is such a shame. The mod is ok. Not great. Not worth a looooong wait. Not done good on the inside. Wires are too tight and little things here and there. But it works. Just looks like a super rush job.

Some people got parts shipped and some got mods. I think 5 people or so we're taken care of.

She had a good rep for quite a while which is why I chose. Hard lesson learned. Don't pre-order from a person making custom mods. I will NEVER do it again.

I wish everyone gets their mod.

LOL yup..because sadly it WAS a super rush job

my guess is we will never hear from her again.. just like Keyser Soze - and like POOF - shan's gone!!

Ordered my Hybrid on April 15th. $185. What in the hell is going on!!?? I mean how in the hell has some higher up not jumped her ass when she pops up at these meets??!! I don't mean jumped as in beaten, I mean got her and turned her into the cops (fat chance they'll do shit) or better yet us who have spent our hard earned money for this clown to scam us??!! I just do not get it. You had a death in the family so that means that all these orders are just null and void!!?? No. I need my shit! Send me the damn parts, idc at this point. It is a DNA30 device and I want my WORKING Evolv chip and the box. I'll happily put it together, just get us our stuff Shan!!! Quit bullshitting around selling dumb arts and crafts and finish our damn mods so I can sell the POS and get me something that will last!!!!

RobB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ordered my Hybrid on April 15th. $185. What in the hell is going on!!?? I mean how in the hell has some higher up not jumped her ass when she pops up at these meets??!! I don't mean jumped as in beaten, I mean got her and turned her into the cops (fat chance they'll do shit) or better yet us who have spent our hard earned money for this clown to scam us??!! I just do not get it. You had a death in the family so that means that all these orders are just null and void!!?? No. I need my shit! Send me the damn parts, idc at this point. It is a DNA30 device and I want my WORKING Evolv chip and the box. I'll happily put it together, just get us our stuff Shan!!! Quit bullshitting around selling dumb arts and crafts and finish our damn mods so I can sell the POS and get me something that will last!!!!
She needs to be taught a lesson if you know what i mean.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sadly, there are some Shan's in the vape community who prey on and scam vapers with pyramid schemes, hoping to score some quick bucks by making a few quality mods and giving them to reviewers then let the fully prepaid orders rush in and then post a BS story about a personal tragedy, close up shop and walk away with the money. From what I gather, Shan has been running scams for a while with vape gear. The best thing to do is stay from this con artist and make sure her scams are known far and wide in the vape community.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yup - Artisan Vaping just did the same thing to a TON of folks for their SuperMax..

Poor people just pleading and begging for responses on their FB page.. most have accepted their loss and others are filing charges with Canada's fraud dept.. still a long drawn out process no matter what..

At least these scumbags in the future won't be able to easily take advantage of the community with these scams coming to everyone's attention..

Oldtimerocker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is the web site too Artisan Vapor company i hope not always thought that was a legit site

yup - Artisan Vaping just did the same thing to a TON of folks for their SuperMax..

Poor people just pleading and begging for responses on their FB page.. most have accepted their loss and others are filing charges with Canada's fraud dept.. still a long drawn out process no matter what..

At least these scumbags in the future won't be able to easily take advantage of the community with these scams coming to everyone's attention..

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yup thats the site - I couldn't remember what it was, thanks Tyger :) and thanks for addressing that whole issue in the other thread - I don't think people give you guys enough credit for bringing these situations to light (especially how busy you all are with everything else with vaping and life in general) theres only so much you can do in the end!

Happy holidays!!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is the web site too Artisan Vapor company i hope not always thought that was a legit site

theres another Artisan Vaping company that i believe IS legit.. but the name is very similar.. and that might hurt them in the end since people might assume they are one in the same.. I see them pop up on VU from time to time and I then I realize they are different

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
What's wrong with this picture?
c64557c6fde3fe18be3ac4449fdd4e75.jpg

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ex-Zactly!

My ohm reading went from 1.5 to 0.0 for no reason. I didn't mess with anything but the fire button. Been running this coil for few and this is my 3rd day. Cleaned it last night and all was good. Now no Ohms. WTF

UGH
Maybe Shan had to use one of those defective Evolve boards that she got stuck with Or maybe it was one of the 3.00 clone boards. Hard to say. For 60 bucks you could turn it into a dna 40.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe Shan had to use one of those defective Evolve boards that she got stuck with Or maybe it was one of the 3.00 clone boards. Hard to say. For 60 bucks you could turn it into a dna 40.
Boards that "she got stuck with?" More like boards that "she messed up on her own."

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ex-Zactly!

My ohm reading went from 1.5 to 0.0 for no reason. I didn't mess with anything but the fire button. Been running this coil for few and this is my 3rd day. Cleaned it last night and all was good. Now no Ohms. WTF

UGH
Try it at 30 watts and see if the board resets itself. I had one that did that, thankfully the mod make honored his 1 year warranty and replaced it.

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
False alarm. I would have responded sooner but Tap-a-Talk wont let me load VU for some reason.

It was the atty. Bottom pin needed to be adjusted. All is well now.

Back on my hunt for an affordable bottom feeder box mod. Regulated or un-regulated I'm not sure which is better. NO PRE-ORDER/PAY lol

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And now yet another Mini Rant from the very "Unofficial" VU Uncle.

Your truly.

This kinda crap makes me sick.

One of my dreams is to be able to design and actually build a most fantastic VW mod someday.

And just so you know, I actually have a little notepad and a chunk of pink crayon and I am working on this "Wondermod" as I write this.

And build it with my own arthritic hands and after multiple tries have said mod come out looking and even more importantly PERFORMING like somthing that any vaper would be proud to possess.

And at a reasonable price I might add because I am a freaking cheapskate!

And once I am sure of what I am doing, perhaps make a few for friends that are willing to wait a bit for them.

And charge them cost of materials plus S&H and a pizza and hard cider surcharge (which could be waived).

ALL OF THE ABOVE RUBBISH being said.............,

Do any of you older (and by that I mean being in the market for some premium box mods in the past 18 months) remember Fazed Box Mods?

My dear friend Matt designed and built every last stinking mod (and they did not stink they were great) by hand.

With superb attention to detail I might add.

When he first started in the business, he ordered all of the material that he needed for construction, including the genuine Evolv DNA 20 chipsets and custom machined boxes needed to produce them.

Forgive me for not remembering which huge vapemeet he made them for but I had the privilege of visiting with Matt and his wife and got to watch him assembling them and package them for sale.

They were a huge success! He sold out quickly

After that, he sold them online for a while until things like needing sleep (Matt was also a full time paramedic) as well as wanting to spend quality time with his wonderful wife and kids became more of a priority than selling mods.

Selfish Bastard :D

But the way he sold them online was a thing of beauty. And sheer honesty. If you wanted one of his creations, you would basically have to stalk his website.

And as he completed a mod or several, the site would show the item as available for purchase.

Then you bought it, it was shipped to you and you were very happy indeed.

I have one myself and I use it just about every day.

OK, I know that this has devolved into a rant.

However, If you can design and build a quality mod, might I suggest that this is the way to go about it?

Instead of marketing it to a few like PB, RT, T-Odd, the Feta cheese dude (sorry for the dig Dimitri but Phil made me do it) and getting A LOT OF ORDERS and a LOT of other peoples money and then getting lazy?

Rant over now.

Mrs. Uncle is banging on my office door to remind me it is time for my meds, elecrto shock treatment and evening enima.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The chick who makes the 'shan mods' lives around my area and ive met her a couple times in the local vape shop.
Please know, I hate saying shit like this. Im not typically not judgemental or insulting, but ill speak up if it helps someone else.
The first time we met, I said something like 'I hear you make some really nice boxes, thats something ive always wanted to try...'
she says 'yea' and walked away.
The second time she was slightly more decent, but not what id call nice.
Judging by her demeanor and baked out appearance, shes not someone id trust to build a birdhouse. Plus, I can make 3 for her price of 1 (including custom paint job), and have my safety in my hands.
Just my personal experience ymmv.

RobB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The chick who makes the 'shan mods' lives around my area and ive met her a couple times in the local vape shop.
Please know, I hate saying shit like this. Im not typically not judgemental or insulting, but ill speak up if it helps someone else.
The first time we met, I said something like 'I hear you make some really nice boxes, thats something ive always wanted to try...'
Judging by her demeanor and baked out appearance, shes not someone id trust to build a birdhouse. Plus, I can make 3 for her price of 1 (including custom paint job), and have my safety in my hands.
She's a Crack Head and Crack is Whack!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Curious if her list has moved at all since her last appearance.. or if we can figure out what scam she has moved onto now so I can blow up her spot ;)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Snap pics, post addy so those ripped off can contact the postal inspector and get wire fraud charges rolling.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ttt I wanna know what the hell happened its been almost 6 months since the last update

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Figured I'm just happy that getting shan'd caught on :) I did co create it with @Zamazam

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Figured I'm just happy that getting shan'd caught on :) I did co create it with @Zamazam

I am glad we are watchdog enough to catch this shit and call it out before more get taken.
Thinking about how that scumbag at custom mod creation was caught in short order being all fucky.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Was just wonder what ever happened with custom mod creation. I ordered a black kayfun like a year ago when they first came out and for their time it was great. Haven't heard anything good since. a lot of bad but never heard how that ended.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

She fucked over quite a few people and had the temerity to whine and threaten when her public available information was posted. The fact that she is still working at a vape shop just pisses me off. People like her are small time con-artists, and they're a lot of them in vaping unfortunately. The allure of a quick thousand or three by making a box and giving it to a reviewer to pimp the thing is all too easy. She must lead an interesting life, looking over her shoulder quite a bit just in case a shan'd customer comes up to her and demands his/her money back for a mod that was never intended to be made and delivered.

I ordered a mod from a mod maker a year ago, he said it would be finished in 10 days, my emails were not answered, nor the phone calls which rolled to a google phone. So day 40 with no contact I filed a dispute with paypal. Afterwards, he sent one of the most colorful threat-o-grams I have received,

It's great that as a community we out these shan's. I know that I check the forums and other sources before even considering a new mod maker.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was just wonder what ever happened with custom mod creation. I ordered a black kayfun like a year ago when they first came out and for their time it was great. Haven't heard anything good since. a lot of bad but never heard how that ended.
He ended leaving the country because he screwed so many people over, plus his inventory was seized by creditors.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, I've thought of leaving the country but that was after the last election...
This thread makes me glad to stick with known brands and DIY. Some of this is to be expected since vaping hit "cool" status, but sweet fuckin baby Jesus that's just sad

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got my top 3 vendors I stick with and they have never let me down.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And they are?
Curious. I have my preferred as well
Vale-street
Vapordna
Vapinart
yeti

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine are origin vape, my vapor store and elev8 vape. I like ny vendors so I get everything the next day or two tops with priority mail.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Never bought from elev8. I have from MVS and origin.

VU Sponsors