Become a Patron!

ShanMods...anyone know about it?

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
I pre-ordered a custom mod from ShanMods earlier this year. Understanding that it takes time I have been patient. There is a Google doc to let customers know the status of the order. But it moves VERY slow.

Recently Shan has taken down the FB page.

Is there anyone out there that has communicated with Shan lately?

TIA

James

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I imagine you paid up front? The FB page being pulled is not a good sign, I can only imagine that it was being flooded with complaints/questions, and her site seems deader than a doornail also. If you Google around you'll find some similar stories.

Be best if you moved quickly and filed some sort of dispute, CC, PayPal, whatever you used. Probably too late as I imagine both her merchant account and PayPal have been closed/emptied..

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
how long have you been waiting and have you tried emailing himor if you have a phone number calling him having his Facebook page erased does not sound good

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yet another story of a possible scam.. probably too early to tell, but if this is anything like the other ones I have seen lately - it doesn't look good.

I think Mod Envy needs to discuss this and put people on blast..

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I imagine you paid up front? The FB page being pulled is not a good sign, I can only imagine that it was being flooded with complaints/questions, and her site seems deader than a doornail also. If you Google around you'll find some similar stories.

Be best if you moved quickly and filed some sort of dispute, CC, PayPal, whatever you used. Probably too late as I imagine both her merchant account and PayPal have been closed/emptied..
My exact fears of getting involved with one of these type orders.

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
I tried to contact her through the website and email. If I don't hear back by tomorrow morning I will file a charge back through PayPal.

I wish I could find a reputable custom mod maker

:-(

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I tried to contact her through the website and email. If I don't hear back by tomorrow morning I will file a charge back through PayPal.

I wish I could find a reputable custom mod maker

:-(

Include a link to this thread just to let her know about the wonderful press she is receiving.

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
I think I will Uncle.

Does anyone have a good place for custom mods? I want a regulated variable wattage box mod.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Her Dad died earlier this year, IDK how much that may have affected her or her modding.

People are quick to assume the worst these days, with some good reason. But, Shan isn't some fly-by-night modder. She's been around for a really long time...I just don't see her scamming anyone intentionally.

When bad things happen, some folks, including me, tend to just want to just hide away from the world.
Not saying that is the case, but I could see it. She should be better at communications though.

We don't know if FB pulled her pages or if she did it, I don't use FB so I can't really investigate much.

She's on G+ too: https://plus.google.com/103879063138713536982/posts

Last edited:

Oldtimerocker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I order a Shanmod a month ago myself sent a few messages did get one reply telling me she would be back to me, last i heard from her. Seems like her PP account is locked i could not dispute the charge at all. Because it for e-cig looks like PP is playing dumb. Not totally giving up on the Mod but its not looking good. Her FB page is down her google+ account had no been updated in many months. Message are going unanswered yea its not looking good. If any one else knows any thing or had some more info please share.

I know one other person that also waiting on a shanmod. Guess there must be a few of us. Looks like 2 round of the virus never got delivered but i don't know this for a fact. I know the other person that waiting was at the end of round one and am on the end of round 2. Shan did post some picture of the first round of virus builds so there is hope she will send out round one.

Stillwater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shan has been a member of the vaping community for more than 4 years and makes some very good quality mods. From what I know, she has been having health issues and was getting alot of pressure at FB about these mods. I do think that she will deliver them eventually and that they are going to be awesome! I do have a link to her preorder / repair list that is still active. If anyone would like the link, please PM me. I do not want to post it here as it does have some personal info on it that some folks may not want to share. As you can tell, I do not spend much time here but, I will check in daily for PMs over the next few days. :) Hang in there. I think that these will be worth the wait.

BTW- Be careful doing a chargeback through PP. Ecig related stuff is not allowed to be bought or sold through PP. If you or she are caught, your account could be closed and they would not honor the chargeback for an unauthorized transaction.

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
Shan has been a member of the vaping community for more than 4 years and makes some very good quality mods. From what I know, she has been having health issues and was getting alot of pressure at FB about these mods. I do think that she will deliver them eventually and that they are going to be awesome! I do have a link to her preorder / repair list that is still active. If anyone would like the link, please PM me. I do not want to post it here as it does have some personal info on it that some folks may not want to share. As you can tell, I do not spend much time here but, I will check in daily for PMs over the next few days. :) Hang in there. I think that these will be worth the wait.

BTW- Be careful doing a chargeback through PP. Ecig related stuff is not allowed to be bought or sold through PP. If you or she are caught, your account could be closed and they would not honor the chargeback for an unauthorized transaction.
I have the Google doc but thanks for offering. At this point it seems all we can do is pretend like we never met. If the mod comes then great she is honest! If not well shit she is not!

I just hope the next time I find a mod they deliver.

How about that DarkStarMod?

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Google doc but thanks for offering. At this point it seems all we can do is pretend like we never met. If the mod comes then great she is honest! If not well shit she is not!

I have been eyeing the production of the Gryphon Raptor 120w
https://www.facebook.com/CloudManagementLLC

There are redit threads about it as well.

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

i have a dark star mod dna 30 its my daily devise works well but mine had a couple issues sent it back and they fixed it. check out the vapor shark dna 30 $119 now before there gone

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
We can send a PIF box around with hundreds of dollars worth of stuff and between 45 people no one took the box. But a person who makes a good extra penny off a service decide to steal 15k from customers? It don't make sense

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
I'm just gonna build my own..maybe I will sell them lol. One at a time...pre-orders are a scam with modders

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol.. shut down - with everyone's money already.. funny how these people never shut down BEFORE refunding everyone.. ugh..

I just don't get how the big names in vaping don't address these things more often.. it should be brought up in all these vaping shows on a constant basis..

i think the days of the pre-orders are going to be slowly fading away with the increase of scams lately.. or at least I hope so - enough with companies taking other peoples moneys to save themselves money on orders.. come up with the $ your damn selves..

Oldtimerocker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now i see her site Shanmod is down sure looks like we are getting screwed here. I saw 105 names on the last list and round 2 of the virus Mod never made the list. When i ordered my virus a few DNA where for sale as well don't know if they made the last list or not. That could be well over 20k as high as 25k or more, depending on how many names never got a mod or never made the list, in products owed to Vapers. That's quite a bit more than chicken feed. Almost feel like am playing EVE online and who can pull the largest Vaping scam.

PP you cant even dispute as PP has closed her account. PP will not let you dispute the charge .

Why do we keep using PP if they wont protect us they have no problem taking the fee ?

Last edited:

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now i see her site Shanmod is down sure looks like we are getting screwed here i saw 105 names on the last list and round 2 of the virus Mod never made the list when i ordered my virus a few DNA where for sale as well don't know if they made the last list or not That could be well over 20k as high as 25k or more, depending on how many names never got a mod or never made the list, in products owed to Vapers. That's quite a bit more than chicken feed. Almost feel like am playing EVE online and who can pull the largest Vaping scam.

PP you cant even dispute as PP has closed her account. PP will not let you dispute the charge .

Why do we keep using PP if they wont protect us they have no problem taking the fee ?

I mean there has to be another way outside of PP to address this issue.. thats not only theft but I believe its wire fraud as well.. Everyone who got ripped off should file a lawsuit against her..

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Wow, just wow! This is fucked up on so many levels. I understand that things can happen in life, someone mentioned her health, another mentioned her dad's passing however, that is absolutely no excuse to shut down with thousands of dollars in customers money in hand with no email to customers to advise, no website update, just gone?

I hope that there is some justice for those who appear to have lost their money. :(

Linnea

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea this sucks she just stole everyone's money but try to message to her personal Facebook SHAN MODDER or post something in her page

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea this sucks she just stole everyone's money but try to message to her personal Facebook SHAN MODDER or post something in her page
Has any of you who she owes a mod to tried msg her Facebook and if you have what did she say if anything.

Linnea

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I send and email thru her website and haven't got and answer message her thru her FB so will c what happens but I think she just stole everyone's money

Linnea

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Her website is up but her page that she had in Facebook shanmods is down

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Her website is up but her page that she had in Facebook shanmods is down

Ah, well, I don't use FB, so I don't know about that. Could be a lot of reasons why the FB page is toast, sorry I don't have more information.

Linnea

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, well, I don't use FB, so I don't know about that. Could be a lot of reasons why the FB page is toast, sorry I don't have more information.
That's how she used to keep us posted on our mods

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's how she used to keep us posted on our mods

Hmm, perhaps you could contact Facebook and inquire as to where her page went?
IDK if they would tell you, but if so, it could help clear things up some.

Oldtimerocker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well that's a good sign part of her site is back up!! Will just have to wait this out. Not much more we can do.

Rayboy55

Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty positive that she is not taking anymore orders and working slowly to finish what she has on order, with her health it might take longer but by the list she is done on a couple and installing parts on the others !!!

I don't normally post in forums, but found this thread in my search for Shanmods to see if anyone had heard any updates from her. I ordered two mods 7.5 months ago and have not received them. I am aware of her father passing and her health issues. Just before she shut down her Facebook page, she herself said she was shutting it down along with her website and would not be taking anymore orders. I have emailed her several times and tried to contact her through Facebook before it was shut down. In my last email, I asked her to simply send the parts for my order as I did not want to wait a year to receive my mods. 7.5 months is long enough. Never received a response to that email. I consider myself a patient and understanding person. I am very sorry about her health issues, but no communication is not acceptable when you have taken money from people. Business is business.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
7.5 months. I would say you got screwed along with everyone else. Contact the local police in her area and explain the situation. This seems criminal to me. All of you that got screwed over need to get together and take action.
I get so tired of hearing sob stories like my dad died or I haven't been in the best health etc. It's a business and personal bullshit shouldn't matter. Personal shit belongs in your personal life not your business life. My motto is, Treat your customers with respect, preform high quality work, and do things in a timely manner.

Last edited:

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't normally post in forums, but found this thread in my search for Shanmods to see if anyone had heard any updates from her. I ordered two mods 7.5 months ago and have not received them. I am aware of her father passing and her health issues. Just before she shut down her Facebook page, she herself said she was shutting it down along with her website and would not be taking anymore orders. I have emailed her several times and tried to contact her through Facebook before it was shut down. In my last email, I asked her to simply send the parts for my order as I did not want to wait a year to receive my mods. 7.5 months is long enough. Never received a response to that email. I consider myself a patient and understanding person. I am very sorry about her health issues, but no communication is not acceptable when you have taken money from people. Business is business.

well im glad i didnt order from her 7.5 months and the stuff is outdated. you all do need to get the police involved as this is starting to sound criminal whether there was intent or not... she needs to send out refunds or ship the mods and or parts

[QUOTE="I get so tired of hearing sob stories like my dad died or I haven't been in the best health etc. It's a business and personal bullshit shouldn't matter. Personal shit belongs in your personal life not your business life. My motto is, Treat your customers with respect, preform high quality work, and do things in a timely manner.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% with this. Obviously I'm over the time limit for filing a dispute or charge back with my credit card. I will, however, be taking some sort of legal action to try and get either my money back or the mods I ordered.

RobB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I pre ordered a mod from her in March of this year. I knew there was a delay in the DNA chips but once I knew that the chips were being sent out to everyone and Shan kept saying she didn't have them I knew something was wrong. I stayed on her about getting the mods done and shipped out but kept getting excuses and promises one after another. In August I told her that if my mod wasn't shipped in a week I would file a charge back with my CC since I had 6 months to do so. ( Paypal is 45 days ). She responded and said she was going to have to sell her personal stuff to get money to pay for shipping. I asked what happened to the money everyone pre paid for the mods and shipping go. She said she spent all the money from everyone on personal stuff and was broke. WTF?...... Well within one week I had my mod......What a piece of junk it was. The tactical buttons fell off first day and so did the magnets holding the back on. The mod was made out of cheap plastic and the 510 connection was very cheap also. I think the most expensive part besides the chip was the SS fire button. Anyways luckily sold it to some guy that was desperate for a DNA30. Being curious I watched her post excuse on her FB page on what was taking so long. Her last one was she had heart and health issues and was broke. I think drugs is her real issues looking at how skinny she has gotten lately..... I think if other are lucky to get their mods then good but I believe most are out of luck since she closed her website and FB page......Well not exactly.....Found her under a different name on FB and now her thing is making clay stuff and selling it on Etsy. I know she reads sites like this and tries to stay ahead of the people looking for her but here is her latest FB page. Different name than she had a few days ago but its this one as I type this. Probably not tomorrow, lol....https://www.facebook.com/hadnnahS?fref=ts

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I pre ordered a mod from her in March of this year. I knew there was a delay in the DNA chips but once I knew that the chips were being sent out to everyone and Shan kept saying she didn't have them I knew something was wrong. I stayed on her about getting the mods done and shipped out but kept getting excuses and promises one after another. In August I told her that if my mod wasn't shipped in a week I would file a charge back with my CC since I had 6 months to do so. ( Paypal is 45 days ). She responded and said she was going to have to sell her personal stuff to get money to pay for shipping. I asked what happened to the money everyone pre paid for the mods and shipping go. She said she spent all the money from everyone on personal stuff and was broke. WTF?...... Well within one week I had my mod......What a piece of junk it was. The tactical buttons fell off first day and so did the magnets holding the back on. The mod was made out of cheap plastic and the 510 connection was very cheap also. I think the most expensive part besides the chip was the SS fire button. Anyways luckily sold it to some guy that was desperate for a DNA30. Being curious I watched her post excuse on her FB page on what was taking so long. Her last one was she had heart and health issues and was broke. I think drugs is her real issues looking at how skinny she has gotten lately..... I think if other are lucky to get their mods then good but I believe most are out of luck since she closed her website and FB page......Well not exactly.....Found her under a different name on FB and now her thing is making clay stuff and selling it on Etsy. I know she reads sites like this and tries to stay ahead of the people looking for her but here is her latest FB page. Different name than she had a few days ago but its this one as I type this. Probably not tomorrow, lol....https://www.facebook.com/hadnnahS?fref=ts

wow.. what a fucking scumbbag... I'd like to say this surprises me.. but it really doesn't anymore..

I pre ordered a mod from her in March of this year.

Interesting.. I ordered my mods on March 7th. I made the decision to order from her based on some reviews I had seen and read and the fact that, at the the time, these were decently priced DNA30 mods that I could afford. Sad that her reputation has come to this.

RobB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I remember when people would complain she would either complain everyone was picking on her and or ban you from contacting her again. A lot of people stood up for her and gave me crap for it. My order # was 2253. On her Google Docs, #2223 hasn't been shipped. So I assume that was ordered around the time yours was in March. Mine was March 25th. As of right now since she didn't send out the stuff she promised in the time frame and it's been 5 + months for most, she has committed fraud and since its thousands of dollars we are talking about it is a Felony.

RobB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
She's in Pennsylvania. Adamsenior knows the address. Read up.......

VU Sponsors