kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need some Instant Karma, Adrienne... Shine on, baby.:)

i could use a dash of good karma myself. i am kinda homeless here on VU right now. maybe i'll claim squatter's rights on this thread.

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
G'morning, Rush! I just got home not too long ago, and I'm trying to get sleepy (have my blue-blocking shades on for staring at a glowing iPhone). I know how you feel about covers, but I'm listening to the Dandy Warhols' very sleepy take on the very bouncy Eight Days A Week. Quite a pleasant way to help the eyelids droop -

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's a skip sleep night. I love all sorts of rhythms, but I do loathe my circadian rhythms :tinyviolin:. Who doesn't love starting a Friday morning with some chick whining?!?
Comparatively, the rest of the day will surely be all the better, so happy Friday, and you're all welcome!

The bouncy original -

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you have nothing on me when it comes to being pale, becky. the only color i have comes from freckles. hideous.

I like each of the few freckles I've got. Who in the world thinks freckles are hideous?! I'd take 'em. I'm translucent. As long as we're bitchin' about paleness, how about -

I'm a Loser

Whoops! It's Die Beatles!! Pretty nuts that that's "the" in German, right? If any of you are of German descent, I promise I mean no offence, and you know that you do a double-take at Die Beatles, too!

Hope any collisions in your universe are history, kelli. Notice how one doesn't find too many of those in musical threads...

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First day of Spring and it's snowing.:mad: Although, I don't think Spring officially starts until around 5pm.

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lnnon_2887.jpg

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope, and i'm the official historian here.:D luv it. what took you so long to post it? (rhetorical question)
i just heard it the other day for the first time in years and said to myself "i must post that in rush's thread". :)

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just heard it the other day for the first time in years and said to myself "i must post that in rush's thread". :)

You know that little thing in your head that keeps telling you to post a song in rush's thread? Well, that's me.:D

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You know that little thing in your head that keeps telling you to post a song in rush's thread? Well, that's me.:D
why yes, it must be. giggle.gif

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol. The most beautiful evening to you, sweetie. I'm off to play another round of online poker. I won my first game... smoked 'em. I'll be back later, so stay sweet.;)
lady luck be with you, rush :)

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ha. not. but thanks. i like this beatles song...not sure if it's been posted here yet.

So everyone's just gonna keep your old tapapal over here in the dark on kelli's pick, huh? No one's gonna hook me up with the name, eh? Is it really so difficult for one of youse guys to take a peek at the title and Tell Me What You See?

I chose the lyric video 'cause, for some reason, it's especially nice to sing along with this one (though I doubt any of us would need the lyrics to any of these songs). Come to think of it, this is the first song I remember singing harmony on way back when I was a tiny little doof. A relaxing and/or fun Saturday to each of you, whichever sounds better.

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Morning VR. :)

Say, where do you play online poker? I'm kinda partial to that game myself. :D

Mainly i play on pokerstars.com. Unfortunately, not for real $$ since the government stepped in a few years ago. If i do play for real $$, i go to betonline.com.... offshore gambling. I don't bet big $$ online because i don't trust computers. Mainly, $1-$5 tournaments.:)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mainly i play on pokerstars.com. Unfortunately, not for real $$ since the government stepped in a few years ago. If i do play for real $$, i go to betonline.com.... offshore gambling. I don't bet big $$ online because i don't trust computers. Mainly, $1-$5 tournaments.:)

Yeah, I remember that day ... black friday ... I'm still pissed about it! I mean really, folks in Russia are allowed to play freely yet here in America we are restricted because the PTB don't think it's good for us? Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent.

I used to love playing on PS but quit after that day ... GA is one of the states that is backasswards in regards to gaming despite the fact that bingo and the lottery are considered perfectly okay??

Oops, there I go again ... o_O

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, people. It's a beautiful evening. I'm watching UFC (mixed martial arts) on foxsports1. Life doesn't get any better. lol Hope ur enjoying your evening.:)

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello, people. It's a beautiful evening. I'm watching UFC (mixed martial arts) on foxsports1. Life doesn't get any better. lol Hope ur enjoying your evening.:)

I enjoy watching some good fights myself. I used to be good at finding free live streams, but haven't been all that focused
the last year or so doing that. Been a fan of UFC since the beginning though basically. :D

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I enjoy watching some good fights myself. I used to be good at finding free live streams, but haven't been all that focused
the last year or so doing that. Been a fan of UFC since the beginning though basically. :D

You and me, both. One of my favorite fights is Royce Gracie v. Kimo. It's a classic and what got me into UFC.:)

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mark your calendar and set your DVR, the new season of Naked and Afraid is April 19th. I don't watch much TV, but I love this show. If you haven't watched it, you have to give it a try.

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mark your calendar and set your DVR, the new season of Naked and Afraid is April 19th. I don't watch much TV, but I love this show. If you haven't watched it, you have to give it a try.

This show and UFC should totally merge, right?! You'd be in heaven, and it's the only way I'd ever watch either of them because, yes, I'd certainly have to tune in to see THAT extravaganza!

As if I haven't already ticked off our warm and gracious host enough for one post, I'm gonna play a non-Beatles song, a love song for John Lennon by (maybe) the hugest Beatles fan ever, Daniel Johnston. I thought of Johnston the moment I saw the name of that survivalist show because Naked and Afraid sounds so much like it could be the title of one his songs.

The Lennon Song - Daniel Johnston

A better than mediocre Monday to each of you.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
good morning, kelli. Paul was my favorite for the longest time, but over time John became my favorite. Hope you have a beautiful day, Kelli.:)
you too! :)

Adrienne

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, the sheer Majesty of Friday, right?

^ This 23 seconds took the artist 90+ hours of work (I doubted the claim, but I checked out her other paper art, and she's legit). Skipping sleep again, so I'm off to brew my first of multiple pots of coffee. Good morning, guys.

VU Sponsors