Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do you really think that every patient that comes into a hospital seriously ill with Pneumonia and flu like symptoms gets tested for the flu?
or the doc just says flu and starts treating the for flu complications?

Real world cops nor doctors are like the TV show ones.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What about the food that comes from China by the megaton, every time you eat out you're eating from China. Food is a breeding ground for viruses too.

Most of the produce in large chains prolly comes from China, you’re right. I don’t know about mom and pop diners, but it’s at least conventionally grown produce, which means pesticides and possibly GMOs.
The amount of stuff we get from China is really shocking. If you’re on BP meds, corona could mean no further scripts if they’re not exporting to the US. Crazy!! (I don’t mean you, Jimi. Lol)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Food from China? Not so much, however from Mexico and SA for sure.

We do however get a LOT of the ingredients for our prescription medicines from China.

edit well quite a bit actually:
The U.S. imported $4.6 billion in agricultural products from China in 2017. The top U.S. import commodities from China are fruits and vegetables (fresh/processed), snack food, spices, and tea

however here is Mexico:
Half of the food imports into the U.S. from Mexico are fruits and vegetables. This equates to 10 million metric tons, and just under 40% of U.S. imported fruits, vegetables and nuts, at a value of $12.4 billion.

Link for where the US imports food from:
https://wits.worldbank.org/CountryP...port/Partner/by-region/Product/16-24_FoodProd

I am not convinced that the greatest country in the world can feed itself now without imports.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Food from China? Not so much, however from Mexico and SA for sure.

We do however get a LOT of the ingredients for our prescription medicines from China.

edit well quite a bit actually:
The U.S. imported $4.6 billion in agricultural products from China in 2017. The top U.S. import commodities from China are fruits and vegetables (fresh/processed), snack food, spices, and tea

however here is Mexico:
Half of the food imports into the U.S. from Mexico are fruits and vegetables. This equates to 10 million metric tons, and just under 40% of U.S. imported fruits, vegetables and nuts, at a value of $12.4 billion.

Link for where the US imports food from:
https://wits.worldbank.org/CountryP...port/Partner/by-region/Product/16-24_FoodProd

I am not convinced that the greatest country in the world can feed itself now without imports.

And we wonder why farming here is in decline, except for factory farms.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And we wonder why farming here is in decline, except for factory farms.

it is a combination of things.
Dairys are closing due to dropping demand for milk. dropped 20% in last 2 years I think.
Few children want to work on the farm. Hence mostly immigrant farm labor.
govt programs favor larger corporate farms.
And some shut down due to bad management. Just cause you farm does not mean you can run a business.

And yes cheap imports.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
A lot more food than many think comes from China

They produce the most garlic in the world. And their farming and producing practices are bad, I would assume, especially for export. So depressing,

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
it is a combination of things.
Dairys are closing due to dropping demand for milk. dropped 20% in last 2 years I think.
Few children want to work on the farm. Hence mostly immigrant farm labor.
govt programs favor larger corporate farms.
And some shut down due to bad management. Just cause you farm does not mean you can run a business.

And yes cheap imports.

It all added up to farming waning here and imports from China rising. I wonder if anything can change it now.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It all added up to farming waning here and imports from China rising. I wonder if anything can change it now.

Umm I think Mexico is our biggest food import source and once we build the wall and shut the border....

Can anything change it now? I do not think so without major events driving the US into the dirt or something. Current US citizens are just too lazy and spoiled to actually do physical work and raise our own food. By and large, of course. There are many fine hard working Mericans.
and you and I would rather not pay the higher costs for US farmers to produce what we eat, wear, post on VU with , etc.
esp considering a basically flat working wage for around 40 years once inflation is figured in.

It is all a house of cards built upon many decades of short sightedness and will have to pretty much fall down before it can be fixed.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They produce the most garlic in the world. And their farming and producing practices are bad, I would assume, especially for export. So depressing,
A lot of canned foods, fish/seafood, spices, and a lot more than most would think also comes from China and are popular items here that people pick up at the grocery store without having a thought of the origin of the product:eek::facepalm:. I have always urged everyone to read every label and see where your food comes from;).

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of canned foods, fish/seafood, spices, and a lot more than most would think also comes from China and are popular items here that people pick up at the grocery store without having a thought of the origin of the product:eek::facepalm:. I have always urged everyone to read every label and see where your food comes from;).
did they finally make it law to label our produce as to country of origin? I know they would not do that forever.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought they were supposed to but I have seen some that don't say and we look at every can,bag,package or what not to see just where it came from, also I have to watch for certain ingredients that I can't have:rolleyes:.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought they were supposed to but I have seen some that don't say and we look at every can,bag,package or what not to see just where it came from, also I have to watch for certain ingredients that I can't have:rolleyes:.
it was probably filled with loopholes for the import companies.
I notice the same thing. Some things have country of origin and some do not.
considering certain politics they do not want us to know where it came from.
might get embarrassing :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"If you are over the mass hysteria, if you're over politicizing and weaponizing of the coronavirus, you are not alone," Sean Hannity, the highest-rated host on Fox News, assured the network's prime time audience this week

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
giphy.gif

California schools are about to shut down and my son is very much excited about the online class idea! So I asked him, why do you think they want you guys to stay home?! He said I DONT KNOW! WTF!!

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The governor of Michigan has just suspended k-12 schools until April 6th.
I just had my first client cancellation due to this shit.
I cannot paint a home if all of their kids, and germs are home running around.
Shit man.
Parents are freaked out and want their children to be at home. I get that. But I have a mortgage due. Bills to pay. Food to eat. The government wants to talk about helping people that are financially effected by covid, but what about people like me that are self employed in the service industry?
I can't take paid sick leave from work. I can't work from home. And now, with all the schools closed, I can't work in my client's homes because now they are more paranoid than before.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit man.
Parents are freaked out and want their children to be at home. I get that. But I have a mortgage due. Bills to pay. Food to eat. The government wants to talk about helping people that are financially effected by covid, but what about people like me that are self employed in the service industry?
I can't take paid sick leave from work. I can't work from home. And now, with all the schools closed, I can't work in my client's homes because now they are more paranoid than before.
That sucks a fat one man. Sorry to hear that

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit man.

There is going to be a LOT of lost income over the Corona virus.
My sympathy to you and all in a similar boat.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
giphy.gif

California schools are about to shut down and my son is very much excited about the online class idea! So I asked him, why do you think they want you guys to stay home?! He said I DONT KNOW! WTF!!

Unfortunately historically outbreaks have brought out the worst in a LOT of humans and I see no reason for this time to be any different. Most likely worse. referencing your sparkly message of course not your kid :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BREAKING NEWS: Brazilian president who shook Donald Trump's hand 'tests POSITIVE' for coronavirus - so will president have to self-quarantine after sitting next to him for lengthy Mar-a-Lago dinner?
  • Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro tested positive Friday for coronavirus according to local reports
  • Bolsonaro, Wajngarten, and staffers were guests at Mar-a-Lago over weekend
  • Wajngarten posed for a photo on Saturday with Trump and Vice President Pence
  • Trump down played concerns
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Donald-Trumps-hand-POSITIVE-coronavirus.html

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good article. Thanks, Crom.
yes I thought it was and kinda linked in to what some of us have been suspecting based on our experiences.
My symptoms from whatever I had tracked hers very closely.
I had no cough issues either.

and i do not ever remember having a cold with the same symptoms as what I had.
The transmission time is a spot on match too. Esp if I got it from a Chinese pkg.

but one of those unsolved mysteries.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
yes I thought it was and kinda linked in to what some of us have been suspecting based on our experiences.
My symptoms from whatever I had tracked hers very closely.
I had no cough issues either.

and i do not ever remember having a cold with the same symptoms as what I had.
The transmission time is a spot on match too. Esp if I got it from a Chinese pkg.

but one of those unsolved mysteries.

We’ll never know because none of us could’ve been tested, for the same reasons as her. Mine was similar too, except it lasted longer and I had no fever but a really annoying dry cough.
I remember going into Manhattan on the subway, eating out there, then having a sore throat the next morning.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Australian official who met with Ivanka Trump and Barr last week tests positive for coronavirus
Peter Dutton. AKA Mr Potato Head.

I keep hearing people say this virus doesn't matter, because it only strongly affects the weak and elderly.

As someone who lives with an elderly woman, I want to do everything in my power to avoid her getting sick.

I've got ISO alcohol by the taps (faucets?) to periodically wipe them down with.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I keep hearing people say this virus doesn't matter, because it only strongly affects the weak and elderly.

As someone who lives with an elderly woman, I want to do everything in my power to avoid her getting sick.

I've got ISO alcohol by the taps (faucets?) to periodically wipe them down with.

it may be a plot by some in politics here to reduce spending on the elderly?
our MR Potato head here has promised to do that.

And yes they younger ones should be fine unless they have issues.
But they infect the older ones and this virus has been called something like the perfect killer virus for the elderly by experts.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Drive thru Coron virus testing at Wal mart???

Guess I will be going to Krogers since all the Corona virus will be hanging at Wal Mart.

Target and CVS not an issue with me since I do not shop at either.

but no idea when they will have test kits to do it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As long as we are here lets go in and get some stuff...

Guess the wife and I will be moving to a different pharmacy.

for chrissakes we have hospitals with parking lots...
or better yet at govt buildings?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And more from the US Mr Potato head.
do not get tested unless a google app tells you that you need to be tested.
Then all the ones that likely have corona virus gather at wall Mart, CVS or target to get tested and do a bit of shopping afterwards...

I am not sure we will survive the pandemic of stupid.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
it may be a plot by some in politics here to reduce spending on the elderly?
our MR Potato head here has promised to do that.

And yes they younger ones should be fine unless they have issues.
But they infect the older ones and this virus has been called something like the perfect killer virus for the elderly by experts.

Omg, I had the same thought today about the elderly. It’s also supposed to target those with underlying health issues. I agree, it is a perfect killer virus if that is their target.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And more from the US Mr Potato head.
do not get tested unless a google app tells you that you need to be tested.
Then all the ones that likely have corona virus gather at wall Mart, CVS or target to get tested and do a bit of shopping afterwards...

I am not sure we will survive the pandemic of stupid.

It sounds like the making of a zombie movie. Like in Dawn of the Dead, the zombies hang at the mall. So the corona people can hang at Walmart!

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every super market around me is a madhouse. Total chaos.
No meat. Anywhere. None.
I was lucky to find two packs of pork chops. And hot dogs. I wanted ground beef. But, pork it is.

Lady in line at Kroger in front of me bought $400 worth of Faygo orange and red pop, and banquet frozen dinners. Wtf?!

No produce anywhere either. No bananas or apples or oranges.

This is fucked.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

see

looks like a potato

dcc290113f8d2b607fd01a4a28f64491

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every super market around me is a madhouse. Total chaos.
No meat. Anywhere. None.
I was lucky to find two packs of pork chops. And hot dogs. I wanted ground beef. But, pork it is.

Lady in line at Kroger in front of me bought $400 worth of Faygo orange and red pop, and banquet frozen dinners. Wtf?!

No produce anywhere either. No bananas or apples or oranges.

This is fucked.
I stocked up weeks ago, well started about 2-3 weeks ago and finished up about the same time the rush started.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im just trying to do my normal grocery shopping...
not gonna happen for a while I think.
Normal or normal grocery shopping.

I was in Wal mart briefly today to pick up a prescription but it was madness. Carts loaded to the brim with canned goods and such. sister went to both Krogers and Wal Mart today and no toilet paper at either one. She is a Trump Fangirl and believes it is all just a dem hoax.

not sure what she thinks after his speech today. I avoid talking politics with as much as possible so do all my siblings.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
not gonna happen for a while I think.
Normal or normal grocery shopping.
Yeah. It's crazy. Our local police and sheriff have stated they will be restricting what calls they actually respond to. Only "high priority " calls will be responded to. Wtf. Shit's only going to get more crazy.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah. It's crazy. Our local police and sheriff have stated they will be restricting what calls they actually respond to. Only "high priority " calls will be responded to. Wtf. Shit's only going to get more crazy.

And I fear it is just the front edge of what is coming.
I saw what was coming and why I prepped early. Have about 3 months worth of food, toilet paper, cat fud, etc. I normally try to stay close to 1 month ahead in case I am laid up because I am the only one who drives to get fud and such for wife and her wacko SIL.

VU Sponsors