Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Right in the middle of the breakfast rush at the restaurant the other morning, some 14-15 year old kid pulls the fire alarm. Everyone in there just about shit their pants. Lights flashing, alarm blaring, fire department came, EMTs came, police came....one of our bussers had to go outside, was on the verge of an epileptic seizure because of the lights....Had I done that, my Mom woulda rammed my head into the alarm and said "There ya go, do it right or don't do it at all!" This kid's parents? "It's okay, Jeff, we know you didn't mean it....."
Sure thing, tell that to the old guy at the corner table who needs his pacemaker reset....

I don't really get parents who let their kids act just any ol way they please. I once attended a school conference with my son's teacher, an asst principal, and my son, and along with the fact that he wasn't doing too well in whatever subject, was the fact of him smarting off and showing his ass to his teacher, when she was just trying to get him back on task. Right in the middle of it, I held up my finger and said, wait just a minute please... turned to my son, and said "Just what the HELL is your problem? You know better!" He looked like he wanted to crawl under the table... but that problem was solved; he still had a few problems at school, but never again with his behavior.

Andria

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it never occurred to this little rat bastard's folks that all the emergency personnel in tow could have been somewhere they were actually needed. Parenting is a thing of the past; I admire anyone who actually takes the child's best interests into consideration with real discipline.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess it never occurred to this little rat bastard's folks that all the emergency personnel in tow could have been somewhere they were actually needed. Parenting is a thing of the past; I admire anyone who actually takes the child's best interests into consideration with real discipline.

Well, our son is really really bright, but he struggled A LOT! with ADD... staying on task, and switching tasks when it was time to do so, was always VERY hard for him; we always made it clear that all we expected was that he try his best, and we'd try to do whatever we could to help -- even sometimes disallowing the holy TV and (horrors!) playstation. But one thing that was NEVER negotiable was behavior -- he was always taught that it doesn't cost extra to be nice, and no matter how he might struggle with his grades, he was expected to be CIVIL and polite, ALWAYS. We never demanded stupid shit like ma'am and sir, just ordinary civility, to everyone at all times. If he screamed in my face, he got slapped -- he did that ONCE. :D And he was pretty much always well-behaved -- he did sometimes show his ass at home, running off screaming to his bedroom if I turned off the playstation and told him to go do his damn homework! :D But in public, really amazingly civil. The few times he varied were always punished so immediately and appropriately, he learned never to do THAT again. :D Kids don't automagically know how to behave; they have to be taught, with love and kindness and firmness. People don't seem to get that anymore.

Andria

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
taco.gif

Good gawd, I love tacos and my venison taco meat is awesome, but now I will get this mental picture every time. Damn you F1. Think I may have to go toss up lunch now....

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, our son is really really bright, but he struggled A LOT! with ADD... staying on task, and switching tasks when it was time to do so, was always VERY hard for him; we always made it clear that all we expected was that he try his best, and we'd try to do whatever we could to help -- even sometimes disallowing the holy TV and (horrors!) playstation. But one thing that was NEVER negotiable was behavior -- he was always taught that it doesn't cost extra to be nice, and no matter how he might struggle with his grades, he was expected to be CIVIL and polite, ALWAYS. We never demanded stupid shit like ma'am and sir, just ordinary civility, to everyone at all times. If he screamed in my face, he got slapped -- he did that ONCE. :D And he was pretty much always well-behaved -- he did sometimes show his ass at home, running off screaming to his bedroom if I turned off the playstation and told him to go do his damn homework! :D But in public, really amazingly civil. The few times he varied were always punished so immediately and appropriately, he learned never to do THAT again. :D Kids don't automagically know how to behave; they have to be taught, with love and kindness and firmness. People don't seem to get that anymore.

Andria
Good on ya.
I also depending on the severity of ass shown, a whooping is sorely needed.
Kids first and then a double down ass whooping on the shitty parents.

Recently had one of the best interactions with a group of pretty squared away kids. SPASTICS one and all, but honestly the best kids I have met in forever.
I got popped with one being excitable whiffed the cheek and thumped in chest, dude had a panic attack I was going to open up said whoop ass on him. I knew it was an accident and it was no harm no foul, he learned not to flay around blindly (later) and I went about my merry.
His dad came up to explain and I just winked and said no issue but you want to make it a little life lesson on manhood then drag him over. The dad got it and spun some tall tale that I was still angry and gunna put some hurt on the kid. (which I wasn't at all.)
Poor kid was damned near in tears and nearly pissing sacred. I apologized for not watching where I was going and it was an accident we shook hands. I explained being bigger than the rest at a young age makes spacial determination kind of wonky when every few weeks you need to get used to it again. But in the future not to swing back like that the level of it was JUST about the right height for one of his female teammates or teachers.

So it was a win win and they kicked the shit out of a few seasoned adult teams.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dear Brexit voters:

At about 1 a.m. Eastern time, about eight hours after the polls closed, Google reported that searches for "what happens if we leave the EU" had more than tripled.

Probably should have done that shit a few days ago. Good luck with that ruining-your-country thing.

-Lost

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dear Brexit voters:

At about 1 a.m. Eastern time, about eight hours after the polls closed, Google reported that searches for "what happens if we leave the EU" had more than tripled.

Probably should have done that shit a few days ago. Good luck with that ruining-your-country thing.

-Lost

It gets worse, much worse...

Google metrics clocked the second most frequent EU topic question as...

"What is the EU?" :rolleyes:

Please... tell me Snopes debunked that shit.

---

In related news...

The good... Trump finally knows what "Brexit" means.

The bad... he congratulated the Scottish on the results of their vote. :rolleyes:

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my job so much.
df4ec2d816b93d3a8078ed69c2fcac09.jpg

This isn't even a vacation.

Yes, life is beautiful. May I ask what vehicle that is? I'm racking my brain trying to figure it out...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Frozen. Disney/Epcot.
Sheeple waited 5 hours for a 5 minute ride.

View attachment 54947

That "300" is pre-made. They expected this stupidity.
LMFAO.

Gotta love shit like that. Nothing is worth waiting 5 hours for 5 minutes of fun. It's akin to a restaurant with a 2 hour wait in line. It's food, not life saving medicine. Fuck that, I'm going to Subway.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Suppliers, it's called Quality Control for a reason. USE it. LEARN it. DOOOO ITTTTT.

84738225.gif
Fix your shit suppliers!

Face it Huck, what company gives a shit anymore? With my company, customer service/satisfaction is #1. Everyone else seems to not care anymore. It's an easy way to set myself apart from the crowd, and make it an easy win.

I don't see how you can be such a worthless fuck, offering half assed customer service, and still be in business. People tolerate too much shit anymore.

Edit to add: If YOU want to be my customer, I'd be sure you were satisfied..... ;):p

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What the fuck is up with online designers anymore? I had been looking for the last month for new shirts for my business. I wanted hats and shirts. No one really had templates worth a fuck, and custom design added expenses that made the smaller numbers of shirts and hats too expensive.

Stopped into the local place, a place I called three years ago that was over the moon expensive. Well now they beat online prices all to shit. I got the style of hats I wanted, embroidered, at HALF the cost anywhere online. Shirts were cheaper to boot. ALL were QUALITY hats and shirts.

Online isn't always the best place to shop.

Now I'm in contact with a local graphics designer for marketing materials. I'll give them a shot at design and pricing. My guy from Florida flaked on me (big surprise in today's world, eh?) and I need someone else. After looking around at some of the offerings for designers online and their steep prices, I'm gonna let these guys give it a go.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I want a hat and tshirt.
I'm afraid my shirts, you could probably sleep in. I wanted them ordered XL so they would never shrink and fit me like the moisture wicking shirts do.

They are supposed to be pre shrunk. If you want one, I'll tell my people to order an extra of each, and I'll send them to you when they are done.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LV FUcked up my order
Now vapor beast and USPS fuck up my order, mofos open my package and I'm missing an item,
I created a ticket, now I have to fucking wait!

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To answer my question
VAPOR BEAST SHIPS BATTERIES SEPARATELY

VAPE ON

VU Sponsors