Become a Patron!

Samsung says that sales of it's batteries for vaping is illegal.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I Smok's defense (gasp) he probably chipped that clip on the battery cartridge by being too rough with it.

Oh wait, never mind, he's "veteran"...probably not :giggle:

I missed the veteran part. Did they really call him that? Yikes. :giggle: I assumed he was a noob that picked up a dual battery mod and couldn’t handle it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't think he was an antz plant, just an ass-wipe. A veteran ass-wipe.

With the stupidity I have seen over the years with battery venting episodes I always wonder how can someone really be that fucking stupid? But then you have Crommy so I guess it's possible.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, it's somewhere at the start of the video where the vape shop owner is basically giving an intro to the whole story. I forgot about it myself until someone else pointed it out.

I really wouldn’t trust that shop owner for anything. He’s just got a shifty vibe, imho. And we’re tarred with the same brush as these two idiots.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So are most of your vape shops, physical and online, going to shut down in just a couple of months time?

We’re not sure, but if things go the way they planned, that might very well happen. :cry:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So are most of your vape shops, physical and online, going to shut down in just a couple of months time?
As things are currently scheduled it sure looks that way.

After May 12 the only vape stuff legal to be sold in the US will literally be maybe 20 items that have PMTA applications filed for them. It also prohibits importing non approved vape items.

Not sure how rapidly and aggressively the FDA will pursue enforcement though.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FDA Guidance Document

FDA will make enforcement decisions on a case-by-case basis, recognizing that it is unable, as a practical matter, to take enforcement action against every illegally marketed tobacco product, and that it needs to make the best use of Agency resources. This guidance does not in any way alter the fact that it is illegal to market any new tobacco product without premarket authorization, or to sell any tobacco product to minors. The Agency also retains discretion to pursue enforcement action at any time against any deemed new tobacco product marketed without premarket authorization, regardless of whether it falls within one of these categories of enforcement priorities.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
FDA Guidance Document

FDA will make enforcement decisions on a case-by-case basis, recognizing that it is unable, as a practical matter, to take enforcement action against every illegally marketed tobacco product, and that it needs to make the best use of Agency resources. This guidance does not in any way alter the fact that it is illegal to market any new tobacco product without premarket authorization, or to sell any tobacco product to minors. The Agency also retains discretion to pursue enforcement action at any time against any deemed new tobacco product marketed without premarket authorization, regardless of whether it falls within one of these categories of enforcement priorities.

I have no fucking idea how this will all pan out, but I’m hoping we’ll not be facing a vaping disaster. :cry::yikes:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still say their early action will be sending letters to credit processing companies to let them know that vape purchases are an illegal transaction.
I expect that vape vendors selling legal (PMTA applied for) vape items will have to work that out with the CC processors.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still say their early action will be sending letters to credit processing companies to let them know that vape purchases are an illegal transaction.

I think that this is highly likely - it's the "perfect" solution to controlling sales, especially online. And it's a quicker way to get the job done.

VU Sponsors