Become a Patron!

RTA Help: Wotofo Troll / Augvape Boreas v2

NoEyeDeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everybody

I recently started building my own coils and using RTAs and RDAs and generally I am enjoying it but I am having a lot of trouble with my RTAs. The problem is basically leaking.

Being fairly new to building I am probably making some little mistakes but I do build carefully and slowly and try and get everything looking and feeling as it should.

My first RTA was the Troll. It has leaked every single time since the first time. I build the coil, wick it, and then fill the tank with the airflow closed and when I open the air flow, juice just spills out of it. Ugh. The last build I did it didnt actually leak after filling the first time but when I refilled the tank, it started leaking out of one side.

I am having the exact same issue with the Boreas v2 which I bought a couple of days ago. No leaking on the first fill but now, when I fill it, juice spills out both of the airflow holes.

I can clear the juice by blowing through the mouth piece and cleaning up the liquid with a tissue and then both tanks vape perfectly but should it be like this?

The leaking is driving me nuts and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I'd like to be able to go out with an RTA rather than just using it at home where I have a ready supply of tissues

Has this happened to anyone else? Are there some basic things I need to be aware of that arent mentioned in review / build tutorial videos?

Anyway, thanks for reading and for any tips you can share

Happy Monday!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
What wicking are you using? I’m working on a wicking guide for the V2 at the moment won’t be ready until I drop my review for it though as I’m still trying different things ...it is a pain in the ass to wick right though there is no doubt there

Too much and you get a dry hit...too little and it leaks on refill, either way I haven’t completely eradicated a little bit of seeping every now and then

So far I’ve found it best to leave it as a straight cut...feed the wick in but don’t stuff it, you want it so it doesn’t completely plug the juice well but doesn’t leaves gaps either....when you get resistance from the wick you have enough cut away the excess ...difficult to explain without pictures which as I said aren’t ready yet :(

NoEyeDeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What wicking are you using? I’m working on a wicking guide for the V2 at the moment won’t be ready until I drop my review for it though as I’m still trying different things ...it is a pain in the ass to wick right though there is no doubt there

Too much and you get a dry hit...too little and it leaks on refill, either way I haven’t completely eradicated a little bit of seeping every now and then

So far I’ve found it best to leave it as a straight cut...feed the wick in but don’t stuff it, you want it so it doesn’t completely plug the juice well but doesn’t leaves gaps either....when you get resistance from the wick you have enough cut away the excess ...difficult to explain without pictures which as I said aren’t ready yet :(

Thanks so much for the reply.

It’s really not easy to wick at all!

I’m using cotton bacon right now. Earlier in the week i think i put in too much cotton because i was getting dry hits. This morning i guess it may have been too little

Anyway, overall i am pretty disappointed with this tank and I’m seriously wondering if i can actually trust what reviewers say on youtube... all reviews said this was great, no leaking blah blah blah, but it shouldn’t be so unforgiving!

Hope that answered your question?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I found cotton bacon wicks too quickly on the V2

Do you have any muji or Koh Gen Doh cotton pads? They don’t wick as fast and I’ve had better results with them

I can’t speak for the troll as I don’t have one...but once you get it right in the boreas v2 it really is a damn good vape but wicking and coil positioning is really important, it’s one of those steep learning curve tanks

As soon as the guide is done I’ll post it up

NoEyeDeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I found cotton bacon wicks too quickly on the V2

Do you have any muji or Koh Gen Doh cotton pads? They don’t wick as fast and I’ve had better results with them

I can’t speak for the troll as I don’t have one...but once you get it right in the boreas v2 it really is a damn good vape but wicking and coil positioning is really important, it’s one of those steep learning curve tanks

As soon as the guide is done I’ll post it up

Ok, thanks again! I’ll have a look for some koh gen doh pads. I live in Spain so we dont always have all brands available. Is there an alternative i could try if i cant find any?

Really look forward to the guide.

Leaking aside i think the tank does vape great. But the leaking just kills a lot of the fun!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I bought mine from amazon if that helps it’s this stuff ...each pad is larger than Muji cotton

Break in takes a little longer than cotton bacon but for tanks like this it will help. As soon as I get the guide sorted I’ll post it for you :)

Remind me next week if I haven’t sorted one

F0AB95C4-E51B-43FB-9F70-141C90E984BB.jpeg

NoEyeDeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Excellent guide man, much appreciated.

I tried with wicking it with cotton pads that I had and it worked better. I was able to get it down to just a little seeping when I refill, not the end of the world.

Anyway, it's an OK tank I suppose. Not super happy with it, I find I enjoy vaping on the Troll more. Thanks for the help.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Excellent guide man, much appreciated.

I tried with wicking it with cotton pads that I had and it worked better. I was able to get it down to just a little seeping when I refill, not the end of the world.

Anyway, it's an OK tank I suppose. Not super happy with it, I find I enjoy vaping on the Troll more. Thanks for the help.

Yeah I found somewhat the same as you on it mate in all honesty got a bit of a love hate thing going with it

Hopefully it helps for the troll as well

VU Sponsors