Become a Patron!

Post your builds

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Went ahead and did some shopping tonight..

Bought a Noisy Cricket mod (Finally!) from sourcemore despite having never dealt with the vendor before, other members here had no issues ordering from them. Plus backed by PayPal I can always get refunded.

Also snagged up a Tobeco Velocity RDA - if I really end up liking the velocity by Tobeco I have absolutely no issues buying the authentic. It's just hard, being a college student. Gotta pay bills.

First clone I have bought... But hoping these two will make a terrific combination, as well as the velocity on my IPV 3 Li.

Cannot WAIT!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What you guys think I should do? WhT build do you guys recommend?
Matt
This got 2nd Place at NH Cloud Comp Last Week on a Viper Tube and LG HB6 Batteries...Competing against people with HOGs, SW200s, and other Regulated Devices as the Rules Changed for that Event and I brought what was allowed last time...
Cat-Track Arched Fused Clapton 22K/24K Flattened Staged with Parallel 24K
20151004_205816-jpg.32533

I 100% sure the Quad Fused Clapton Builds that Chef and I did would also be great contenders:
20151120_160503-jpg.34146
20151120_160617-jpg.34149

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just built these but am having clearance issues in my v1 Zephyrus RBA chimney. It's 7 wrap, 2.5mm diameter coil, but it seems no matter how I position it it touches the sides of the chimney. Any thoughts? View attachment 35643 View attachment 35644
I use 2mm and 6 wraps w nickel so they're spaced and I haven't have an issue on the zephyrus if that doesn't give you high enough ohms use 28 gauge

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This got 2nd Place at NH Cloud Comp Last Week on a Viper Tube and LG HB6 Batteries...Competing against people with HOGs, SW200s, and other Regulated Devices as the Rules Changed for that Event and I brought what was allowed last time...
Cat-Track Arched Fused Clapton 22K/24K Flattened Staged with Parallel 24K
20151004_205816-jpg.32533

I 100% sure the Quad Fused Clapton Builds that Chef and I did would also be great contenders:
20151120_160503-jpg.34146
20151120_160617-jpg.34149
Are you from NH or do you travel to the comps

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I 100% sure the Quad Fused Clapton Builds that Chef and I did would also be great contenders
Are you from NH or do you travel to the comps

From Vermont...The comp was just 45 minutes away

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I 100% sure the Quad Fused Clapton Builds that Chef and I did would also be great contenders

From Vermont...The comp was just 45 minutes away
Oh I'm from mass but 10min from NH I was going to say teach me your skills lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh I'm from mass but 10min from NH

It was on the 13th in Concord, NH...They do them every so often but they dont advertise like most other comps do

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It was on the 13th in Concord, NH...They do them every so often but they dont advertise like most other comps do
I would actually like to see one let me know next time

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 2mm and 6 wraps w nickel so they're spaced and I haven't have an issue on the zephyrus if that doesn't give you high enough ohms use 28 gauge

Single or dual coil? I totally forgot that I wanted to see how TC worked with my zephyrus; just got all caught up in building that day. Haha. Would a dual 6 wrap at 2mm be super low ohm?

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I forget exactly what it was because I built it for my friend I want to say .12 if that's still too low use 30 gauge for the longest time I couldn't get a lot of the nickel builds In rtas to fire because the ohms where too low because you only have soo much space but since I started using 30g I haven't run into an issue. I was almost ready to throw half the rtas out but someone gave me that suggestion and I haven't had a problem since

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Went ahead and did some shopping tonight..

Bought a Noisy Cricket mod (Finally!) from sourcemore despite having never dealt with the vendor before, other members here had no issues ordering from them. Plus backed by PayPal I can always get refunded.

Also snagged up a Tobeco Velocity RDA - if I really end up liking the velocity by Tobeco I have absolutely no issues buying the authentic. It's just hard, being a college student. Gotta pay bills.

First clone I have bought... But hoping these two will make a terrific combination, as well as the velocity on my IPV 3 Li.

Cannot WAIT!

Enjoy that mod, it's freaking awesome. I have not touched another mod since i bought it haha, it's a lot of fun. Just make sure that your attys are safe for hybrid use and you'll be alright :p

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Enjoy that mod, it's freaking awesome. I have not touched another mod since i bought it haha, it's a lot of fun. Just make sure that your attys are safe for hybrid use and you'll be alright
Thanks! Whenever I get it... ha! Coming from overseas. . .

I'll have to do a bit of research. Got 4 attys, and the velocity coming as well as a crown tank.

I know some of them are safe. Not sure on all of them.

I can't wait!

Gotta get some more 25R's soon. I like to keep my mods batteries married to a mod. However haven't ordered any for this one yet. Gonna use my IPV ones.

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks! Whenever I get it... ha! Coming from overseas. . .

I'll have to do a bit of research. Got 4 attys, and the velocity coming as well as a crown tank.

I know some of them are safe. Not sure on all of them.

I can't wait!

Gotta get some more 25R's soon. I like to keep my mods batteries married to a mod. However haven't ordered any for this one yet. Gonna use my IPV ones.

Matt
Grab some LG HB6's also...they are the highest drain battery out there besides lipo's....for builds that require a better battery.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Grab some LG HB6's also...they are the highest drain battery out there besides lipo's....for builds that require a better battery.
You recommend those for the series mods? I'll look at em.

Only ever used 25R's and VTC's but haven't used Sonys in a long while. Thought 25s would be great because of the pulse rates.

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You recommend those for the series mods? I'll look at em.

Only ever used 25R's and VTC's but haven't used Sonys in a long while. Thought 25s would be great because of the pulse rates.

Matt
I dont normally build for Series but if you plan to go 30A and above then the HB6 is the Battery to use as its the only true 30A battery in 18650...That will be authentic every time atleast. Samsung 25Rs are one of my favorite batteries but they still have limits and get warm pretty quickly if you push them, this is why I was suggesting the battery with the best headroom, but its downfall is its MAh rating which is 1500Mah...

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I want to be able to build ~ .3-.6 ohms. What range do you think I'd need to pop those ones in? I will get a pair of 25R and pair of HB6's

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I want to be able to build ~ .3-.6 ohms. What range do you think I'd need to pop those ones in? I will get a pair of 25R and pair of HB6's

Matt
Samsungs will do just fine for tht range, if you plan to go lower later on use the HB6's. At .3 OHms with series your asking the battery for 28A and pushing 235w...This is why I suggested them

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 35750
18 Gauge 7 wrap (caution know wtf ur doing...battery safety is key)
I wouldnt suggest doing .09 on a Tube, but too each their own...Ive done my fair share of Super Sub Ohming on Tubes but as I got into Parallel Boxes and Regulated Devices that can push them I dont see a need to use a Tube other then at comps with builds that are lower then .15 Ohms. The battery life was one of the main reason besides button heat. I personally havent used 20 or 18g yet...I wonder how a 18g/46g FC would be :D

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Eh, might as well share.
Keep in mind im a very VERY new builder. This is my 3rd build. 20151215_211357.jpgQuad vertical coil at .5 ohms. 4 wraps per coil abojt the size of one of my screw drivers (idk but i can shove cotton through it so im happy) clouds like crazy on my coolfire4. Built on a tobeco turbine.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Boattlebot
Welcome to the madness that is coil building. Be forewarned, it is addicting... That being said, nice build, I like the simple ones. They seem to be the more consistent performers for me but simple is never enough anymore...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the HB6's specifically for running .12 builds on my tubes. They're the only batteries that run cool enough that I'd be comfortable running them a little past 30 amps. I would never advocate doing so, but they are the batteries to use if you're planning to abuse them. They are the only true 30-amp batteries. In fact, they can be run a little past that without shorting internally or reaching dangerous temperatures.

For the noisy cricket, I prefer something with more capacity. Those HB6's will need to be changed out very frequently, while the 25r's can get you through most of the day on their own.

With series, there's really no need to build any lower than .4, which will put you at around 20 amps. And imo, .4 is too low for most builds. A .6 pulls only 14 amps, but it's still generating almost 120w of power. 20 amp batteries are probably the better choice. I can tell you that for my work setup, I can get through my whole day vaping a .75 on a single pair of 25rs. And the thing is, that's a 95w vape! Lots of flavor, lots of vapor, all day long.

I mean, if you really want to go super-low with it and do .3's, do go with the HB6's. Just be aware that a .3 on a series mod is going to yield 235w. I think the best part about vaping in series is that you can hit very respectable power levels at far lower cost to your batteries. It's a more power-efficient, high-wattage vape. I just think going really far into the sub-ohm territory isn't making the best use of them. The whole idea is to vape a larger coil with lots of push while also having the batteries give less. That's the biggest advantage to them.

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If thats simple, im in for a fun time. (Not sarcastic)

I build cars. This is cheaper and lets me tinker on the cheap. Ill get crazier once i get a more powerfull box. Im finding im very limited by my 40 watts
Yeah, its my quiet time activity. The cheap part is a plus too. Just bought 1000' of wire for a little over $20 so that'll keep me busy for a while

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a hard enough time managing 3ft.

I might build something tomorrow on my twin post

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a hard enough time managing 3ft.

I might build something tomorrow on my twin post
It can be tricky at first. I started by trying to rebuild my kanger protank coil heads, now thats frustrating. Ended up buying a igo-w to build on with the original joytech evic vv mod and itaste mvp 2. 15 watts is not a lot to work with... The knowledge that everyone shares in this thread is tremendous, to new builders and those of us who have been doing it for a while.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nothing special, just a 22g N80 dual vertical on the Aromamizer. The thing I like is that there are NO photo edits on this pic - except for cropping. This is how it looked right after pulsing.

DSC_0708.JPG

The flavor sucked, BTW. That's what I get for listening to Rip Trippers. Ripped it out and replaced it with dual vertical 2x30K/40N fused Claptons staged with 26N. Sorry, no pics.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing special, just a 22g N80 dual vertical on the Aromamizer. The thing I like is that there are NO photo edits on this pic - except for cropping. This is how it looked right after pulsing.

View attachment 35785

The flavor sucked, BTW. That's what I get for listening to Rip Trippers. Ripped it out and replaced it with dual vertical 2x30K/40N fused Claptons staged with 26N. Sorry, no pics.
Better flavor with new build? Do you think it was the wire gauge? I'm about to get my Aromamizer and will be a tasty build for it!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh, big thanks goin out to raymo2u for the ebay link. You're an enabler, you know that, right?

Your Welcome...Just wait until you buy 1000ft rolls of various wire every week.....Then we can talk about it o_O:p

Better flavor with new build? Do you think it was the wire gauge? I'm about to get my Aromamizer and will be a tasty build for it!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
The reason I bought the Crius V3 and Aromamizers were to have RTAs that could fit the coils we build on here normally, I see that new Griffin RTA and the MT RTA and Think wtf...I should just wait till January fr the latest and great RTA of 2015 as they get better everyday....
I guess Ill have to buy each and experiment but Im going to have to rob a store to do it any time soon...

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The reason I bought the Crius V3 and Aromamizers were to have RTAs that could fit the coils we build on here normally,
Same here. Well that, and the way that they wick. The Tobeco Super Tank RDA I have isn't too bad, either. Everyone talks about the Supertank Mini, but not it's big brother with the rebuildable deck.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried any micro FC in it? I was wondering if it would fit a nano quad FC like the Velocity Builds you and I did back a few pages...Might have to drill out more juice holes though
What diameter are you thinking for these?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Gear101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Little cat action.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1450277761413.jpg
    FB_IMG_1450277761413.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 28

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know its the same post style but the actual deck in the pick is from a Velocity RDA...not the Aromamizer..
This is the Aromamizer Deck:
dsc_0719-jpg.35807
You're right I built both the aromamizer and the velocity but I put Ni200 in the aromamizer 30g 10 wraps .10 I mixed up pics
ab9d4904db5a21e80d5f91b9fe3c3c0f.jpg

VU Sponsors