Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Second attempt at braided wire
e321214244e94ca3ed940e8d2873bc92.jpg

Then I was feeling like it's an RTA day
98884563ab163c60133a5252ea807e30.jpg
cc18c855e536b119bc60186e8f7bc5c4.jpg

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement
Very nice braid, I have not attemped any braided wire yet, please let me know how the performance results are!
I just got the mail in today and my TF-R2 arrived....Making a build and Ill be posting it shortly.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered my 13 heavens 9 hells clone on ebay... because someone had to post about it... so should be here on Monday or Tuesday and I have some triple 28 gauge kanthal core wrapped in 32 gauge kanthal. See how that toots!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just ordered my 13 heavens 9 hells clone on ebay... because someone had to post about it... so should be here on Monday or Tuesday and I have some triple 28 gauge kanthal core wrapped in 32 gauge kanthal. See how that toots!

Im sorry I encouraged you to buy something decent, next time Ill recommend something that makes you tear your hair out :p:D
The TM/Heavens/El Cabron benefit from BIG builds due to chamber size and airflow. Make sure to wrap it on a 3mm+ bit and use 5 or 6 wraps (Dual Coil). You wont be disappointed with that RDA, it is a gift to the building scene! You ordered the Fullsize right?

wr3ckin_it

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I just ordered 3 more twistedmesses rda clones off eBay one for me and the others for my friends, that are gonna pay me back, only 15 bucks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Decided to try another stitched alien. I'm really happy with the way the wire came out. The coils - not so much. i couldn't get them to lay flat as I wrapped them. They're 30K cores with 40N Clapton and stitch. Then I tried to give them some color. There are no computer enhancements on the coil coloring. Just heat and sunlight.

Wire.JPG
Coils.JPG
Installed.JPG
Color1.JPG
Color2.JPG

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decided to try another stitched alien. I'm really happy with the way the wire came out. The coils - not so much. i couldn't get them to lay flat as I wrapped them. They're 30K cores with 40N Clapton and stitch. Then I tried to give them some color. There are no computer enhancements on the coil coloring. Just heat and sunlight.

View attachment 33725
View attachment 33726
View attachment 33727
View attachment 33728
View attachment 33729
The pics are coming up as "cannot be found our invalid"

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im sorry I encouraged you to buy something decent, next time Ill recommend something that makes you tear your hair out :D
The TM/Heavens/El Cabron benefit from BIG builds due to chamber size and airflow. Make sure to wrap it on a 3mm+ bit and use 5 or 6 wraps (Dual Coil). You wont be disappointed with that RDA, it is a gift to the building scene! You ordered the Fullsize right?
Only good rda I have is my velocity clone from fast tech. I love that deck!

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only good rda I have is my velocity clone from fast tech. I love that deck!

I will second that!! My TM is my favorite but the Velocity is my second. I normally use the Velocity as my out and about all day dripper with a .4 ish clapton build. It doesn't power through the juice as bad a the larger builds in the TM.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will second that!! My TM is my favorite but the Velocity is my second. I normally use the Velocity as my out and about all day dripper with a .4 ish clapton build. It doesn't power through the juice as bad a the larger builds in the TM.
My velocity has been great for the $6 I paid for it. Love the split sided terminals. Sad thing is I only have the mini... so I can't put any tall coils like diamond coils. Haven't tried anything tall since that. Just 3mm fused claptons. Current had been in for a month I think and rocks it with great flavor and clouds!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was thinking of getting a velocity or a PhenotypeL, the Phenotype has airflow like I loke and the velocity has airflow that I dont know if I would like or not...Maybe Ill try both. I am looking at all the Velocity deck RTA's though...The Cruis V3 & Cthulhu V2

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
baadb1aa50b43b915c156215563cd977.jpg

All I need are swivels and I'm ready to go lol

I call the 40g 1000ft roll!!!

Update for TF-R2 RBA...
It doesnt have as much room for the Leads, I couldnt fit anything fused or my micro staple wire or dual parallel and use dual coils unfortunatly and the screws strip EASY...Im using 22g 5 wraps on it right now and it a better vape still then the TF-R1 with the clapton I had on it. Ill buy the TF-RCA at some point just to see if I can do something more on that rba.
The TF-R2 is airy'R then the TF-R1 by a good margin, so you can build lower and have a good vape, its better then the Q4 coil it came with for sure so far and almost has the same amount of airflow wide open. The flavor is just as good but instead of running at 110w for it, Im running it at 45w!

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
20151114_120100.jpg 20151114_120033.jpg
My Workspace seems to get smaller everyday from new tools and stuff I need to get...
I broke my brand new Flush Cutters today, clipping a lead of a coil...just got the damn thing yesterday in the mail....(The ones with the blue handle in the pic are right before I broke one jaw clean off of them...
20151114_124116.jpg

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone have experience with annealed nickel if so is it worth the extra money just curious on others thoughts

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Omg so I guess fast tech sells everything from vaping gear to sex toys
620518f9231064a15cb4fef75c63c72e.jpg

Lmfao

Hmmmmmm what a weird combo omg that page

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Gawgaboi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry..fell asleep..lol..
The bottom coils are 3MM 26 gauge SS claptoned with 32 gauge kanthal and the top is 2.5MM 26 gauge spaced fused clapton with 33 gauge ribbon. Oms out at .23, running at 83.7w. Vapes quite nice...

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry..fell asleep..lol..
The bottom coils are 3MM 26 gauge SS claptoned with 32 gauge kanthal and the top is 2.5MM 26 gauge spaced fused clapton with 33 gauge ribbon. Oms out at .23, running at 83.7w. Vapes quite nice...
Haha, yeah, I woke up and a couple minutes later my phone went off for this. I didn't realize it was 3ish. Late night build party. Seeing this made me rewick the clapton I have in my subtank mini rba.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Brand new TM Black and Gold, sure is a beauty! Too excited for anything fancy, 32/24 N80 8 wrap on 3mm for .26 ohm. Delicious and cloudiculous!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447625964.803335.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1447625979.859941.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1447626026.900844.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wr3ckin_it

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks! I can only get enough for about 3 wraps, if that much, every... single... time... lol

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know, that's when you know you're getting better. At least you can keep your 3 cores lined up now.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Found a place on Ebay that I can get 1000ft rolls of 32g-42g Kanthal and Ni80 for $10-$12 shipped in the US...I order one of each Gauge and a roll of .5 ribbon! Ill link the seller if wanted..
This will allow me to get more experience with the Alien wires and try other builds Ive been meaning to try.
I tried modifying the TF-R1 RBA and realized the steel used for the RBA sucks ass and has not had any sort of heat tempering so when grinding and drilling it it needs to be cooled. I softened some of the parts I was grinding and then it hardened instantly afterwards and its all in the way I didnt want it, I was trying to cut "shelf terminals" into where the hole is for wire to normally go. I successfully grinded the airways larger for more air before destroying the rba though so I may try the airhole grinding on the TF-R2 when the TF-RCA comes. Ill post pics if Im successful...

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What's the link?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What's the link?
Click Me for 1000ft of 38g for $10 and just look through his other items..
Just think before this I was spending $40 for a roll of 40g and now you can get 4 different gauges of 1000ft for that, this could be great for us. Wont have to worry about wasting wire because of costs and could lead to some exciting builds...
Pull out a loan guys and buy up what hes got!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, interesting, but I'm not so sure about the pureness of the products. Also, that's kanthal D, not A1.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I did a little research, and apparently there's no flavor difference between A1 and D. Just the temp threshold, which is still well above anything we'd need. I'll probably order some.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I did a little research, and apparently there's no flavor difference between A1 and D. Just the temp threshold, which is still well above anything we'd need. I'll probably order some.
Yea its similar in everything except the Temp properties, you will never exceed the safe operating tempatures
"A1 and D just related to the temperature rating. D is lower, but still over 1000 degrees C"-From UK Forum

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMG_20151115_230753.jpg

IMG_20151115_230829.jpg

Just cuz. It turned out to be a terrible idea to try and drop a .35 dual 22 on a series box. I should've known that 170 odd watts was too much... ...I like a hot vape, but that was just absurd.

It does, however, perform quite nicely at 150w. No regrets.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Brand new TM Black and Gold, sure is a beauty!
Yeah, the black and gold really is classy. Good taste, good taste... ...actually, the black AFC ring that comes with it is pretty slick, too. It's really just something you have to hold and behold to understand.

On the TM website, you can get AFC tubes in all colors of the rainbow. I've been dying to get the red one... ....it looks so sick with the black hardware. It's just been out of stock for the entire time I've seen them up for grabs :/

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, the black and gold really is classy. Good taste, good taste... ...actually, the black AFC ring that comes with it is pretty slick, too. It's really just something you have to hold and behold to understand.

On the TM website, you can get AFC tubes in all colors of the rainbow. I've been dying to get the red one... ....it looks so sick with the black hardware. It's just been out of stock for the entire time I've seen them up for grabs :/
You get a black AFC with TM clones also, but not the other sections in black, one of the reasons I want it soo bad...I see they sell different color AFC's on the TM site, that red one looks sexy!
20151001_125411.jpg
AFC-RINGS-with-logo-center.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I didnt see the second part of your post!!!! I cant beleive I said almost the same fucking thing LOL Its that red...it just looks like dripping candy car paint

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didnt see the second part of your post!!!! I cant beleive I said almost the same fucking thing LOL Its that red...it just looks like dripping candy car paint
LMAO, just goes to show the red is really nice. It really does look... ...yummy. It's like hard candy that hasn't quite set... ...or maybe some really potent, home-recipe gelatin.

Alright, so I decided to stop fooling around and did a build I knew I would love. I have all of this ancient (no lie, 2-month-old,) 24/34 kanthal clapton wire laying around, so I figured I might as well start building with it. Went ahead and did 7 wraps @ 2.5mm. The ramp is still a bit there at 100w, but I'll be damned if it's not a really nice vape. Once it gets going, it's really going. This is something I'm gonna have to play with on the Jaybo. I've still got 10 coils' worth of it left lol.

Got some surprisingly nice colors out of it, too...
24_34.jpg

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
LMAO, just goes to show the red is really nice. It really does look... ...yummy. It's like hard candy that hasn't quite set... ...or maybe some really potent, home-recipe gelatin.

Alright, so I decided to stop fooling around and did a build I knew I would love. I have all of this ancient (no lie, 2-month-old,) 24/34 kanthal clapton wire laying around, so I figured I might as well start building with it. Went ahead and did 7 wraps @ 2.5mm. The ramp is still a bit there at 100w, but I'll be damned if it's not a really nice vape. Once it gets going, it's really going. This is something I'm gonna have to play with on the Jaybo. I've still got 10 coils' worth of it left lol.

Got some surprisingly nice colors out of it, too...
24_34.jpg
I put a link up for some 1000ft spools in all wire types for $10-$12, might want to grab some before my next check!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure yet - they're close. I guess it depends on each individual build and the wires used. Aliens are just fun to build. :D

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's my hand wrapped Staggered Fused Claptons
224365b522abf6950e21d121527deb4f.jpg
I can't begin to estimate the amount of time/sweat/blood which went into creating this one (roommate broke my drill so I had no other choice but to wrap it by hand)
5 wraps, 3mm ID, 2x 26AWG A1 kanthal inside 32AWG A1 kanthal fused with 32AWG Nichrome 80, reading at 0.19Ω in my Velocity RDA on my Avid Lyfe peg mod. Ramp time is a little laggy but I don't really need it to reach Max temp as the production is phenomenal at low to mid potential

Sent from my CM 12.One using Tapatalk [:=

wr3ckin_it

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't begin to estimate the amount of time/sweat/blood which went into creating this one (roommate broke my drill so I had no other choice but to wrap it by hand)
5 wraps, 3mm ID, 2x 26AWG A1 kanthal inside 32AWG A1 kanthal fused with 32AWG Nichrome 80, reading at 0.19Ω in my Velocity RDA on my Avid Lyfe peg mod. Ramp time is a little laggy but I don't really need it to reach Max temp as the production is phenomenal at low to mid potential

Holy shit man, I envy anyone that can hand wrap.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Very nice handmade wire, I agree with @wr3ckin_it, the time and effort put in the wire sure makes you appreciate someones build that much more. Well done.

VU Sponsors