Become a Patron!

Post your builds

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Work has been crazy, haven’t had time to post lately. Great work everybody, lots of good builds as of late! Finally got my recurve in! Here are some shots from this last weekend! Cheers all
how are you liking your recurve?? got mine yesterday and I'm impressed. still playing around with cool placement though - any tips? beautiful cool btw.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that corrugated got effed up. I tripped on the wrap wire and bent it all up lol.
The fralien came out so nice I’m very happy. Gonna wrap it later.
fec1c45ead10945692104bbaa1c7d036.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
how are you liking your recurve?? got mine yesterday and I'm impressed. still playing around with cool placement though - any tips? beautiful cool btw.

I enjoy it for a single coil squonk. My new favorite for that purpose. Only being 30$, is a plus these days lol. Not a large enough juice well, to physically drip imo, dries out fast. Good clouds and flavor, easy to build, and well machined.

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I enjoy it for a single coil squonk. My new favorite for that purpose. Only being 30$, is a plus these days lol. Not a large enough juice well, to physically drip imo, dries out fast. Good clouds and flavor, easy to build, and well machined.
that's about my take on it as well. I put it second behind my gr1 for a one lung squonker, but they're 2 different beasts. if I'm honest though, it's not as far behind in flavor as I thought be. I just took a 3*26/36/36 all n80 SFC out and put a 2*28 / 10*.3 / 36 / 36 N80 SSFC in and both have been cloudy and flavorful. my only complaint so far is I wish the post holes were a bit larger and I get leaking around the bottom occasionally. oh and my 70/30 leaks out the airflow inspite of what's claimed in the reviews lol

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks @mach1ne, undeserving of a compliment coming from you
:cheers:
wow thats incredible looking. was it the correct decore for the size of the staple stack or is the math weird? just way over stretched?
haven’t had time to post lately
welcome back :cheers: great build holy fook
Well that corrugated got effed up
yeah those are hard to work with from what i understand. i havnt got my hands on the tool to do them yet, but im pretty sure i saw ray say they can be very hard to work with. sick alien framed staple tho :cheers:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
looking good meg. at a glance, looks like the build I did last night only you know, my ribbon rolled over and I threw the coils in the junk box lol *jealous*

I had to amputate a strand of ribbon before finishing that last picture :oops:, heats evenly though, very rushed because today I'm mailing it to a guy who bought the X1 combo from me, gave him two older cleaner sets too though

12 ply on the right, 11 on the left lol... Only thing I know to do when one strand gets twisted...AMPUTATE

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to amputate a strand of ribbon before finishing that last picture :oops:, heats evenly though, very rushed because today I'm mailing it to a guy who bought the X1 combo from me, gave him two older cleaner sets too though

12 ply on the right, 11 on the left lol... Only thing I know to do when one strand gets twisted...AMPUTATE
the one I built last night was 10ply .3 with 28g frames, so close to the same lol I couldn't amputate though, about the last 1.5 wraps or so, the entire stack turned horizontal. knew it was coming, I screwed up cutting the excess off after I glued it and kinda twisted it up just didn't wanna start over so I tried to make it work.. might could turn it into a 4 wrap of I find it idk..

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
some of the best coils come from that lol I had one that looked like it was a mohawk with circles coming off everywhere after a perfect storm of screwups making an alien.. photos somewhere about 100000 posts back lol I agree though, it's one of my favorite builds you've posted
Lol thank you! We'll just not tell anyone it came after an accidental overstretch and ramming on the drill out of frustration ;)

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
took the SFC out of the Recurve to try something different.. 2.5mm ID this time (rda comes with a rod to measure your leg length, its 2.5mm so figured why not)

4*28g N80 / 38g N80 alien (26g decore)

looks like it opened up a bit during wrapping. probably didn't help that I stepped it at 3.0 then unwrapped and rewrapped as a 2.5 lol still came out better than usual for an alien by me..
4d3fafceaa006153ab2276bde07c1581.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
took the SFC out of the Recurve to try something different.. 2.5mm ID this time (rda comes with a rod to measure your leg length, its 2.5mm so figured why not)

looks like it opened up a bit during wrapping. probably didn't help that I stepped it at 3.0 then unwrapped and rewrapped as a 2.5 lol still came out better than usual for an alien by me..

That's badass! Such swooshy swooshes, and clean, too

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
far as I know its 38 I'm running low on wire only thing else I have wrap wise is 32 and that shiz is huge lol
2b25a1f47bac742f8cb35860282a6407.jpg

It was a dumb question on my part, I tried to delete it before anyone saw it :oops:

Dang, you can tell that spool has been through some work! I like it, looks like blood and sweat (but not tears, right)

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3x29/38n80 aliens 2.5mm 5.5 wraps ~.18 ohms in the sapor on a smpl mod for a bit of retro vaping. this was my first tube setup and i used it until the switch got all crunchy. i was afraid i would wreck the little metal thing that holds it together so i just put it aside. today i took my chances and pulled it apart. it had a lot of crunchy/sandy feeling grit in it. got it cleaned and reassembled and it feels like its brand new again <3
aliensapor1.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
3x29/38n80 aliens 2.5mm 5.5 wraps ~.18 ohms in the sapor on a smpl mod for a bit of retro vaping. this was my first tube setup and i used it until the switch got all crunchy. i was afraid i would wreck the little metal thing that holds it together so i just put it aside. today i took my chances and pulled it apart. it had a lot of crunchy/sandy feeling grit in it. got it cleaned and reassembled and it feels like its brand new again <3
View attachment 110125

I did wreck the C clip on mine a couple years ago, then I put an o-ring in its place, and I used a Sapor on it too! But no aliens then :(

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did wreck the C clip on mine a couple years ago, then I put an o-ring in its place, and I used a Sapor on it too! But no aliens then :(
yeah there is a tool for them, and i kinda thought i would eventually find one, but i never did. i found it was harder to get back on than it was to get off lol....its a nice mod though, im glad i fixed it. it was my first tube, and im pretty sure i got it the same day as my osmium parallel box, and they were my first authentic mech mods/expensive vape things (sentimental).

edit - what was your sapor build back then? its a great vape imo, but its picky about everything (coil placement, wick placement etc)...

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Damn fine coil there, Hows it vape william? Prefer the 3 or 2.5mm?

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Great looking coil! I've always prefered a 2.5 ID over a 3 or higher. I just feel like for some reason you get the optimal vape at 2.5. I'm sure there are plenty that disagree with me but that's what works for me.:)

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 110125
Really sick color on those aliens. I so wish I could get color like that.:devil:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks man. Got two coils out of it and I’m loving the vape.
2x28,12x.3,36 (22 decore)
all n80 3mm ID .13 ohms single coil
6370e14c774e3ba1cada2dadb7c5fb13.jpg

That's a damn nice coil! Something very similar to what I vape on a regular basis. I've been a single coil fralien guy for a long time. Damn nice!:D

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had my second attempt at an alien stagg yesterday and although I failed, I did get a little bit of wire that turned out well. That tells me I'm not too far away. I can see the path to success. I'm projecting that by this weekend I'm gonna have it. I've figured out that hand spacing alien wraps isn't that difficult. It's the fusing that I have had issues with. If I go a little slower on the second pass and I overstretch my alien just a little I might be able to nail it on the next attempt. I hope I hope I hope!:banana:

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I've used that spool for a while now.. got another ready to take its place when it runs out too.. there's definitely blood and sweat on it and prolly tears too haha
It was a dumb question on my part, I tried to delete it before anyone saw it :oops:

Dang, you can tell that spool has been through some work! I like it, looks like blood and sweat (but not tears, right)

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn fine coil there, Hows it vape william? Prefer the 3 or 2.5mm?
I'm thinking I prefer the 2.5mm oddly enough. it vapes quite well.. I have the top of the coil even with the top of the deck, the top set of air holes are hitting almost center of coil and the bottom set at about 7 o'clock or maybe between 7 and 8.. its flavorful as hell

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I made a 4x24/46 fused clapton. I screwed it up trying to change coil size from 3.5 to 3mm. It was pretty clean and I didn't stand up and hold the spool far away this time, I just spun more slowly. Ah well, tomorrow, then.

Last edited:

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
that looks beautiful dude.. what size is that wrap wire?? I kinda dig it

Pretty sure the frames where 28g, 36/36 stag/fuse. I alternate between 28 and 26 frames depending on the atty, but this is my go to vape these days. I seem to go through phases, last year was alien everything. Now I’m a staple stagger junky lol.

*It was the darn preheat boost, took me a bit to figure out what I did wrong, was pulsing at high watts. Apparently I was at 100w for .03 secs hahahahaha.

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
running out of wire, USPS needs to come on lol started out as 2*26g N80 / 12*.4x.1 KA1 / 32g N80 / 32g N80
but as meg says, I had to "amputate one of the .4 because it somehow missed the glue and got twisted or something :/

AAAAANNNYYYWWWAAAYYY

so it's 2*26 N80 frames, 11*.4x.1 KA1, and 32g N80 fusing it all together..

pretty sure the ribbon rolled over flat, but I dunno.. getting ready to wrap and find out
e8945510437e5aed110577892eb0accf.jpg

edit: yep, couldn't even wrap it.. went to hell as soon as I put it on the rod :/ what a waste

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know that pain all too well lol. I can roll like 5 perfect in a row, then out of nowhere I always get a wonky stick that just goes to sh*t. I swear it’s mental, the second I realize I haven’t jacked anything up in a while...BAM.
yeah man I prolly get way more pissed than I should lol the mangled mess of a stick is thrown somewhere over there :)

on the bright side, my stagger fuse is getting pretty good lol

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Giving up on the corrugated until I get some 30g for frames and maybe .4 ribbon. Did my first helixed coil though! Still trying to learn color, hard to see with these warm lights at home but I think it’s kinda blue.
Twisted 28g frames, 6x.4, 36 wrap
All n80 3mm .15 ohms
b1747a6eb42fc72145da9a1df8f3e4bf.jpg

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Giving up on the corrugated until I get some 30g for frames and maybe .4 ribbon. Did my first helixed coil though! Still trying to learn color, hard to see with these warm lights at home but I think it’s kinda blue.
All n80 3mm .15 ohms

that's a good looking cool bro, congrats!

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
All n80 3mm .15 ohms

Very nice helix! It took me a while to get the hang of this build. You definitely gotta have paitence.:)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Pretty sure the frames where 28g, 36/36 stag/fuse. I alternate between 28 and 26 frames depending on the atty, but this is my go to vape these days. I seem to go through phases, last year was alien everything. Now I’m a staple stagger junky lol.

*It was the darn preheat boost, took me a bit to figure out what I did wrong, was pulsing at high watts. Apparently I was at 100w for .03 secs hahahahaha.

I've cooked a couple of MTL coils with that, no more preheat for me, never again lol, 100 watts on a tiny coil is downright alarming

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Held the spool at a comfortable distance instead of 1-2 yards away...I was more comfortable, it looked okay until I put it under the ol' microscope lol
This is 0.08 ohms 2x22/46 kanthal

Screenshot_20180504-134815~2.png Screenshot_20180504-134824~2.png

It's tough, if I hold the spool as far as possible, it wraps the cleanest but I CANT SEE ANYTHING, and I'm leaning over like a crazy old lady which is tiring

If I sit and get comfortable...then it looks like this

This is a warm vape, never vaped 22awg fused before

Last edited:

VU Sponsors