Become a Patron!

Post your builds

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I do own a couple regulated mods, for example I own one of the original DNA250s. I'm not quite sure why I bought it lol. I started out regulated using tanks then I bought a couple parallel boxes, went through my Noisy Cricket phase, just continued building and so on. I remember making my first single alien coil and vaping it proudly haha. At that time I thought being able to make an alien coil was a really big deal. I'm gonna try doing what you suggested with my DNA250 since I don't really use it for much else it might as well be used for something!

I bought a guy's "mech cleanup" a while back for a good deal, and asked him to keep his Triade DNA 250, but I'm Glad he sent it anyway, I had no clue how to use it but it's my favorite mod now. Didn't hurt that he had a Star Wars theme on it already *nerd glasses*

Better day today! For someone who likes single coils ;D

3x24/38 alien
4x.3+26/38 pair of fraliens
14x.3/46 staple
3x26/38 alien
now I got to work on that alien stag again, Shred
Screenshot_20180424-111237~4.png
Screenshot_20180424-111125~2.png
Screenshot_20180424-111054~2.png
IMG_20180424_112843~2.jpg

Last edited:

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Did not know that chef nice one for clearing that up for me. Is there any difference in how it colours?
Proper threw me that info hahaha

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
I know it takes longer to color. But it's been quite a while since I've tried it. Maybe it's something I should try after I get done with work. I think the highest gauge I have in KA1 right now is 40 though. Maybe try a framed staple or something with it.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Did not know that chef nice one for clearing that up for me. Is there any difference in how it colours?
Proper threw me that info hahaha

Yep that's Kanthal D, yep A1 colors too, I have never tried to get A1 hot enough to turn gold or purple but it might, yep it's not as deep/dark colors as SS or Ni80, and probably easier to get whatever colors you want without frying a coil because it can take the heat (I dunno, never tried to fry Ni80, and used to fry SS all the time by accident)

Just threw 2 6 core Aliens together only to find....... I've got no more cotton

Oh no, that qualifies as an emergency!!!
Ordered some Raymo clamps today. Figure that will help with ssfc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I bet it will, I tried ssfc this morning without them and gave up, I bet that was my main problem. I make a build nicely one time and then try doing it 5 other different ways that fail :facepalm:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first janky ass ssfc. The stagger slid around before I got back to it. Still looks like it'll work. Lol try again later maybe.
f2b08e0a0d3e5539c3eafc507ad3f2b7.jpg

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
first photo is a umm spaced alien I guess lol whilst prepping for a build I found a decore of unknown origin in the floor, so I stretched it and grabbed 3 28g N80 cores. The wrap looks to be 34g maybe 32g *shrug* wish I'd had more, could be tried an alien stagg lol

second is 3x28g cores, the center staggered with 36g, then fused with 38g all N80, one of my favorite single battery/squonk builds.
61892891d20e31243ecd17c002e89c74.jpg
b3b261de9582f143c47271e41ad3a0ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My first janky ass ssfc. The stagger slid around before I got back to it. Still looks like it'll work. Lol try again later maybe.

That is, actually, quite badass.

you're a master of > 40g peg. loving your work.

I like seeing your builds, they're always different - I'm still practicing and failing a lot with 46, it broke probably 3 times before I got the staple stick done heh. I just have a *#&$ton of it I got for cheap, so I use it a lot!

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is, actually, quite badass.

I like seeing your builds, they're always different - I'm still practicing and failing a lot with 46, it broke probably 3 times before I got the staple stick done heh. I just have a *#&$ton of it I got for cheap, so I use it a lot!
I appreciate modesty, but in this case it kinda falls flat your stuff is great. I also appreciate you using "different" to describe my building. the judges would've also accepted janky, trash, unkempt, or my personal favorite - fails lol I'd like to say I just build because it gives me something to do, I enjoy it, and it saves money, and those are sometimes on occasion rarely true and if I try I can do alright which is also true, but really, I'm just halfassed at best at life :) but I have a beautiful awesome daughter, a standup son, a kickass new puppy and a mrs. who puts up with me and makes sure I'm fed and watered so I'm good with my janky ugly different builds. I've had a few this evening, so I've lost all track of what I'm posting and why so apologies lol

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

looks a sight better than my first. at least your ribbon didn't roll over flat on you :) looks like a great ssfc to me, so you missed a couple spaces on the fuse here and there, it'll vape :)

edit: looks better than my current ssfc's who am I kidding lol

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very nice work friend! I SUCK at SFC's LMAO!

thank you sir/m'am! :) sadly, (doesnt really show lol) I've been doing a few different types of staggered builds over the last few weeks. I think it's my favorite vape. I still have trouble at times and am far from great at them.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
thank you sir/m'am! :) sadly, (doesnt really show lol) I've been doing a few different types of staggered builds over the last few weeks. I think it's my favorite vape. I still have trouble at times and am far from great at them.

Looks pretty darn good to me! And Sir btw lol.

bilbs84

Member For 1 Year
This is my second attempt at a fused Clapton build. 2 X 26g 316 core, 32g 316 wrap. Build came out to .14 ohms, and at 110w on my RX2 21700, they're probably the best vaping coil Ive built so far.

I've only been vaping almost 3 months, and it's been 10 weeks, 1 day since my last cigarette. If my next build tastes as good as this, I reckon I won't have any troubles staying away from the stinky ciggies.
a289ddd0dc761ebd8cf935d34cd74c81.jpg
7fb6676b139490c677e361e0e89c775f.jpg
cac86a4452df8885f0da337fd0e805b4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my second attempt at a fused Clapton build. 2 X 26g 316 core, 32g 316 wrap. Build came out to .14 ohms, and at 110w on my RX2 21700, they're probably the best vaping coil Ive built so far.

I've only been vaping almost 3 months, and it's been 10 weeks, 1 day since my last cigarette. If my next build tastes as good as this, I reckon I won't have any troubles staying away from the stinky ciggies.

nice work, welcome to 'post your builds' :cheers:

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes sir it worked out great for a single. I use an Apocalypse for my bigger builds for the plate system.

I love my apocalypse :) wish I'd got it now instead of back in the day at a b&m for like 70 bucks, but a solid rda for sure. works well in single. for some reason I don't like the rapture near as much though. been trying to convince myself in doubt need a redemption, but I really want one lol

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Congrats bilbs ...nailed it mate and welcome to the build thread :cheers:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Very clean work! Welcome to the thread!

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
6 wrap Mohawk Alien squeezed into my SS Coil Art Mage V2 RTA. Don't know how it fit; but it did! 36G over 3x26G Nichrome 80. .12 ohms. 100 watts. Oh yeah!
13e9c748958d82c9c0922250c8779c02.jpg

Sick Mohawks man. I can tell Mohawk variations are a big part of your wheelhouse. You're advice on how to get them done really helped me too. I haven't done many but I'm thinking about trying to do some more after I figure out this simple hybrid build I'm working towards. Great work!:banana:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 109440
Trying for different kanthal colors (too hot, too hot)
Meg you've really got some talent with that 46g. I thought my lame ass 40g framed staples were cool:giggle:. Now I know better. I do have some 44g but I can't even see the damn wire while its fusing whatever the **** I'm doing. I don't know how you do it. SUPERHERO!!!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Meg you've really got some talent with that 46g. I thought my lame ass 40g framed staples were cool:giggle:. Now I know better. I do have some 44g but I can't even see the damn wire while its fusing whatever the **** I'm doing. I don't know how you do it. SUPERHERO!!!

Just hold the spool at least two yards away from the drill; you're taller than me, you could probably go 3 yards hahahah

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just hold the spool at least two yards away from the drill; you're taller than me, you could probably go 3 yards hahahah
:giggle: Three yards away from the drill. I am 6'2" do you think I could reach the drill at three yards away? I dunno I need to get more familiar with a yard as a measurement. I think a yard is three feet, or something. So that would be nine feet away, I think. I actually specifically remember Squidoode saying to hold your spool nine feet away while claptoning a ribbon stack in his Youtube series, The Art of Vaping, so yes that makes sense.:vino:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
:giggle: Three yards away from the drill. I am 6'2" do you think I could reach the drill at three yards away? I dunno I need to get more familiar with a yard as a measurement. I think a yard is three feet, or something. So that would be nine feet away, I think. I actually specifically remember Squidoode saying to hold your spool nine feet away while claptoning a ribbon stack in his Youtube series, The Art of Vaping, so yes that makes sense.:vino:

Well, just the farther, the better it seems, though you do have to at least be able to judge how fast the wire should move down the stick since yeah, you can't see anything that far away, I can tell if it's going way too fast and it seems obvious enough when it goes backwards, but it's the only way I can get it to wrap clean at all

I've been thinking about getting some cheap +3.00 reading glasses too, to see if they can help me see a little better without leaning over with a magnifying glass so much

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, just the farther, the better it seems, though you do have to at least be able to judge how fast the wire should move down the stick since yeah, you can't see anything that far away, I can tell if it's going way too fast and it seems obvious enough when it goes backwards, but it's the only way I can get it to wrap clean at all
That's interesting, when I did my 40g, which came out clean, I cut a giant piece of 40g off the spool and wrapped it around the room and then I held the wire very very close to the stack as a way to kind of ensure that I did not lead the wire too much. There was a little bit of an angle backwards but it seemed to work for the most part. I dunno if it's gonna work with 44g or 46g it might be too thing. Going from the spool might be my only option.:idea:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's interesting, when I did my 40g, which came out clean, I cut a giant piece of 40g off the spool and wrapped it around the room and then I held the wire very very close to the stack as a way to kind of ensure that I did not lead the wire too much. There was a little bit of an angle backwards but it seemed to work for the most part. I dunno if it's gonna work with 44g or 46g it might be too thing. Going from the spool might be my only option.:idea:

I like cutting two pieces off the spool first if I'm going to paraclapton, I haven't figured out yet how far away is best to do that cleanly though

cutting off the spool seems safer, in my mind, harder to break I think? no worries about a bad wind on the spool or it catching a rough edge or holding the spool too tightly that it breaks

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks man. I was so happy I called my wife at work. At least I was happy about it.

I'm happy for you too bro. SSFCs are not the easiest builds. They take patience. I actually like to fuse mine, when I do them, with a hand drill, I just find it more accurate. I posted one a while ago, the fusing came out well but one of the leads was all screwed up cause I had to take off a wrap so it wasn't a beautiful photo like yours. Mine also wasn't colored up. I suck at coloring. I think Kidney Puncher Wire might not be the best for coloring. I do think it's the best for vaping thou. Well one of the best I should say.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the last bit I've just been building them and setting them aside for later installing. But everyone else has been posting with installed coils so I figured why not. I usually do single coil anyways so I just used the Apocalypse for easier use. The color I just start low as hell. Hotspots worked out before you can even see them most times.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sick Mohawks man. I can tell Mohawk variations are a big part of your wheelhouse. You're advice on how to get them done really helped me too. I haven't done many but I'm thinking about trying to do some more after I figure out this simple hybrid build I'm working towards. Great work!:banana:
Yeah understretched aliens are kinda my thing. And thank you for the kind words!

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just tried nostrech style of wrapping alien wraps and i think i will prefer that over walking my entire room streching the decore. Here i tried it on fralien 6*.45/26/36 decore was made on 26 :)
ada9e65f15719d43c0ce7c58ae16e700.jpg

Lähetetty minun Nexus 6P laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Literally perfect man! Doesn't get anymore perfect than that! I use the exact same specs as you used on this guy except I use 6ply .5 ribbon. If you do 5 wraps it ohms at about .14 in N80 its like the perfect single coil vape for me.:banana: How do you get your binding to be that perfect I think the only other guy I've seen get quite that perfect is @AnthonyLouis and fraliens are his thing. It's unbelievable I mean mine are not bad, but there is literally zero difference in the consistency across the entire wire I can't see a single spot where there is any variance at all what so ever. Do you realize how rare that is? Amazing!

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Literally perfect man! Doesn't get anymore perfect than that! I use the exact same specs as you used on this guy except I use 6ply .5 ribbon. If you do 5 wraps it ohms at about .14 in N80 its like the perfect single coil vape for me.:banana: How do you get your binding to be that perfect I think the only other guy I've seen get quite that perfect is @AnthonyLouis and fraliens are his thing. It's unbelievable I mean mine are not bad, but there is literally zero difference in the consistency across the entire wire I can't see a single spot where there is any variance at all what so ever. Do you realize how rare that is? Amazing!
Thank you man! There is some serious words right there i think anthonys fraliens are still much more tighter for sure. But really shred that means a lot to me :)i'm such self critic to myself i'm sort of a huge perfectionist in all the thinks im intersting in or like to do so i always see something wrong and wants to do better everytime :D

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay im ordering some more wire asap! I need badly smaller core wires out of 28 and 30 and low on 26. Just did helix staples and damn i fell in love with this such a amazing coil to make. Now i need to get smaller cores... 26 twisted cores just wayyyyy to bulky
fc943f51e25f1cde97b1879339a8da15.jpg
f2d47665f8146741bb9aba40ee20018e.jpg

VU Sponsors