Become a Patron!

Post your builds

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First attempt at parallels with a 24g kanthal and a 26g ss turned out fairly nice vapor production is good too I was in a rush when doing it. When I went to change my cotton the wire broke on my triple twisted ss
3da7c872678bbe89cedeec51c1ff6cb5.jpg
44ccde94c8c31165edbdce3bbdd503c1.jpg
39a0751c04a23a16a8ae2bd0ecb2f3ca.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
What does it ohm out at?

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ive never braided anything before...so a team member and I had a bet, If he could make a framed staple I would make a braid...He finally pulled one off and I took to learning about braiding.
First braid ever was a Alien Framed Staple Cored Slentre'
13739457_639511632891458_1433423737_n.jpg

3rd Braid worth showing is a Fishtail Braid..

20160729_113436.jpg 20160729_113746.jpg 20160729_113903.jpg 20160729_113818.jpg

Something Else Ive been working on today:

20160729_174041.jpg 20160729_173033.jpg 20160729_182216.jpg 20160729_182627.jpg 20160729_182733.jpg

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well i had some time to build today so i challenged myself.

groove fused claptons 30/36/42...got three coils worth, but only one was ok, i broke the 42 somehow, twice, so both the other coils have holes in them and look like hell :grumpy: was clearly not super happy when i wrapped the good one up and took this pic lol
Capture.PNG

and my first 30 gauge aliens. a bit rough but i have tried this once before and i didnt even get a functional pair of coils. always wanted to try aliens on the petri/cricket combo...so far its great <3
Capture1.PNG

great work @raymo2u that first braid is sick. after seeing @MR.G. on the last page and yours, i think that will be my next thing to learn.

First of all, the coils above are absolutely gorgeous. Amazing work.

This is a wire that I'm playing around with. Apparently it's called a framed multiple core. I wanted to call it tesla wire. I played a lot of command and conquer when I was younger.... It's 30 strands of 40g and 2 strands of 28g Claptoned with 30 gauge and flattened. 5 wraps came out to .15 which is my perfect resistance. I'm amazed that I was able to pull that off on my first serious attempt. There are a lot of changes I will make. First, it's all kanthal. I want to change the wrap to Nicrome or Nicole. Also the core wires, I wasn't to lower gauge and use slightly less and I think flattening the wire made the wires act more like a single wire. I want it looser so juice can really sink in. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20160731_051145.jpg
    IMG_20160731_051145.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20160731_050201.jpg
    IMG_20160731_050201.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20160731_004925.jpg
    IMG_20160731_004925.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 49

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
image.jpeg
Alright, so I built these, this morning, and stopped by my local B&M, and they all thought I needed to share them so here they are. Staged Clapton 6 wrap. 26x34 N80 Clapton with a .9x.3mm twisted rectangle N80 staging coil. .2ohms each, vaping at 150watts. They are pretty, I will give them that. :D

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@GoPackGo nice work. i did a framed multicore alien a while ago. i cant remember how many strands, but i used steam engine to determine the thickness so that my multistrand core was the same thickness as my frames (i think it was 5-7 strands of 40 lightly twisted = 1 strand of 26). i should try that in 28 gauge today...thanks for the reminder :cheers:

looks great @Tanker :cheers:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3c6b43d7d99e37aa788f2099357d7179.jpg

Finally got the wraps on my clapton to tidy up, but it is a bit loose on the core wire. Any suggestions or maybe even a link to a good helper YouTube vid would be much appreciated.

24/29g 3mm id 8 wrap clapton.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got the wraps on my clapton to tidy up, but it is a bit loose on the core wire. Any suggestions or maybe even a link to a good helper YouTube vid would be much appreciated.

try a higher gauge wrap wire. 34-38 is the easiest range to work/learn on imo. they are soft enough to wrap smoothly, but strong enough not to break in your hands, and performance is great.

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3c6b43d7d99e37aa788f2099357d7179.jpg

A little trick for you once you find or someone gives you a vid on how to get nicely contacting clapton wraps is before you go wrapping the wire on your mandrel to make your coil is strip about 2mm of clapton from each end of your wire and bend the bare wire over onto the clapton and crimp it down tight with your pliers, this will stop the claptons from moving.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got a G24 Seminole by Compvape and a El Diablo Anubis Mod Today and wanted to do something different then normal for it.
I should have done this for the Twisted Messes Squared but I had a build in it already so here they are...Aliens Squared!

SPECS: 3 x 26g 316L/.2x.2N80²

20160801_132159.jpg 20160801_132117.jpg 20160801_134541.jpg 20160801_135811.jpg 20160801_135209.jpg 20160801_135447.jpg 20160801_140036.jpg 20160801_135252.jpg 20160801_135932.jpg 20160801_135402(0).jpg

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got a G24 Seminole by Compvape and a El Diablo Anubis Mod Today and wanted to do something different then normal for it.
I should have done this for the Twisted Messes Squared but I had a build in it already so here they are...Aliens Squared!

SPECS: 3 x 26g 316L/.2x.2N80²

View attachment 58091 View attachment 58094 View attachment 58095 View attachment 58086 View attachment 58089 View attachment 58088 View attachment 58092 View attachment 58087 View attachment 58093 View attachment 58090
Ok.... This is a coil that I'm interested in. Don't get me wrong, you do some absolutely beautiful work, some really amazing coils, but I don't have the time or space to devote to building coil art, I have a dining room table and an hour a week. This is something I could pull off in my time space allotment. Not sure that I would use the SS core, but I want to know what it comes in at. Besides I really like working with square wire.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok.... This is a coil that I'm interested in. Don't get me wrong, you do some absolutely beautiful work, some really amazing coils, but I don't have the time or space to devote to building coil art, I have a dining room table and an hour a week. This is something I could pull off in my time space allotment. Not sure that I would use the SS core, but I want to know what it comes in at. Besides I really like working with square wire.
6 Wrap/3mm Dual Coil was .17 I believe with 26KA1 Cores. It really doesnt take long to make aliens..maybe 20 minutes start to finish for a few coils and then wrapping them. I appreciate the compliments though!

Holy shit. I'm gone for a while and Ray has stepped up his game to a whole other level. Last time i was on Ray you had just got the corrugated build down. Aliens squared and el twisty damn man. They look absolutely stunning!
I learn quickly Bruv!

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
6 Wrap/3mm Dual Coil was .17 I believe with 26KA1 Cores. It really doesnt take long to make aliens..maybe 20 minutes start to finish for a few coils and then wrapping them. I appreciate the compliments though!

I learn quickly Bruv!
That's excellent! I like the .1-.2 range. What's the ramp up time like? I typically run between 120-150 watts, they look like they wil deliver a pretty warm vape, which is what I like. How's the flavor and cloud production. Sorry, I get like a teenage girl when I get excited about building a coil. Lol.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's excellent! I like the .1-.2 range. What's the ramp up time like? I typically run between 120-150 watts, they look like they wil deliver a pretty warm vape, which is what I like. How's the flavor and cloud production. Sorry, I get like a teenage girl when I get excited about building a coil. Lol.
Ive yet to even wick it bro :D I only heated it up enough to color so far...I was going to build a identical pair and use 5 wraps and then vape those on the Anubis...Ill let you know how that goes

Its not a secret that I love building..but its the building I like...I rarely ever vape the builds I post..Im a Aliens/Alien Framed Staples in a RTA kinda guy

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive yet to even wick it bro :D I only heated it up enough to color so far...I was going to build a identical pair and use 5 wraps and then vape those on the Anubis...Ill let you know how that goes

Its not a secret that I love building..but its the building I like...I rarely ever vape the builds I post..Im a Aliens/Alien Framed Staples in a RTA kinda guy
That twist in the square wire, is that naturally occurring or did you give it a little twist?

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had to clapton it on its edge...the square wire almost looked like its edge woild lay over the previous a bit...thats the way I had to do it for the center to twist evenly...

View attachment 58154
How smoothly did this work out? My eyesight ain't what it once was. Lol

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
b67a2d54d61b5974d165f1f7eecefefe.jpg
4eb2eb28e263a61c3475522eaae2f1ef.jpg

bb1988f8c82e24e55f1e09bddfa8eca9.jpg

b5cf073dab19df287d6299848ab835e4.jpg

Dropped my favorite series quick-build in the Gold AF TwistedMesses Squared. This is my favorite "gotta get a build in this thing now" build haha. Dual~core 28/36 Atomizerwick Kanthal Aliens. Dual 7 wraps around 3mm hits right at .4Ω on the nose. Safe, flavorful, and highly effective series vape.
These atties are absolutely STUNNING, and the new Ultem comfort caps he's got are literally the most comfortable drip tip i ever used. The dotmod caps used to be my favorite, but i'm liking these quite a bit more and they hardly even get warm, which is hard to find for anyone running high-wattage builds. Definitely give these caps a look if you own the TM2.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
b67a2d54d61b5974d165f1f7eecefefe.jpg
4eb2eb28e263a61c3475522eaae2f1ef.jpg

bb1988f8c82e24e55f1e09bddfa8eca9.jpg

b5cf073dab19df287d6299848ab835e4.jpg

Dropped my favorite series quick-build in the Gold AF TwistedMesses Squared. This is my favorite "gotta get a build in this thing now" build haha. Dual~core 28/36 Atomizerwick Kanthal Aliens. Dual 7 wraps around 3mm hits right at .4Ω on the nose. Safe, flavorful, and highly effective series vape.
These atties are absolutely STUNNING, and the new Ultem comfort caps he's got are literally the most comfortable drip tip i ever used. The dotmod caps used to be my favorite, but i'm liking these quite a bit more and they hardly even get warm, which is hard to find for anyone running high-wattage builds. Definitely give these caps a look if you own the TM2.
Gorgeous.. I wouldn't even want to use that RDA, just build it and take pictures

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats the Clapton for the Aliens pictured previously with the Squared wire ;) The process was alot like making Aliens with 28g...stiff and harder to wrap then 30g+ and can be irritating!
Yeah, I figured it was. Kidney punchers wire comes off nice and straight though, so I figure get a couple of wraps and give it a twist with the pliers, and it should flow a little smoother.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I figured it was. Kidney punchers wire comes off nice and straight though, so I figure get a couple of wraps and give it a twist with the pliers, and it should flow a little smoother.
I always stretch my wire...the square wire has more give then you think :cool:

VapeSalsa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
These are a pain. Wanted to do it just to say I've done it. I think I prefer the vape from fused clapton or alien.

I think my swivels are too stiff because the wires always end up twisted towards the middle. Also need to do a better job wrapping. :p

first staggered clapton.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
These are a pain. Wanted to do it just to say I've done it. I think I prefer the vape from fused clapton or alien.

I think my swivels are too stiff because the wires always end up twisted towards the middle. Also need to do a better job wrapping. :p

View attachment 58196
Looks good to me!
Might want to grab a SpinLT and rid yourself of the swivels for good man..I hated swivels. I use ribbon wire on those as well as everything else to keep the "structure" of the wire length. With staggereds you dont want to pinch it as tightly as it will drag on the spacing and ruin it but thats what I suggest trying.

Take a 2" piece of Ribbon wire and wrap is loosely around your wire after its lined up and ready, then pinch it with nylon pliers lightly, it should be able to slide...now make 4-5 of these and now you are set up for the drill without any issues like collapsing and twisting. Just slide them on down as you get close to them and the more the better...Another thing, for Staggered Fused builds I like having the Ribbon center to be "floating" like below...it helps removes the chance of the ribbon to twist and pop out or become warped..The Ribbon isnt in the Drill or on the swivel, I try to keep it around 2-3" from both ends and have a "Ribbon Slider" FIRMLY Pinched at both ends of the Ribbon...think of it like a walking bridge

Like this:
20160729_173033.jpg 20160729_174041.jpg 20160729_182216.jpg

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Will the bearings in the spin lt eventually wear out too? I'm currently using magnets as swivels just because I don't need to replace them ever but somehow staggered fused claptons feel so much harder with the magnet swivel setup.

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Will the bearings in the spin lt eventually wear out too? I'm currently using magnets as swivels just because I don't need to replace them ever but somehow staggered fused claptons feel so much harder with the magnet swivel setup.

They are Bone Reds...They are abused by skateboarders for years and years before need replacing or cleaning...and thats with crazy amounts of pressure and other forces wearing on them along with dirt and other debris/water/ect getting inside them....using them in this fashion is basically the same as them free spinning load free...they should last longer then you. I couldnt imagine using magnets...Ive pulled 200lbs rated swivels apart with some of the wire and the pull force Ive put on them.
If you have something that works for you then you dont need to change it, but for those that do have issues and want a "almost friction-less setup" there isnt much better then the SpinLT..Ive bought swivels for more then it costs and still experienced binding and sway.but Im glad its over..

These are "Tests" that I ran to prove its almost friction-less and Ive never had ANY set of swivels that could pass these. I couldnt really think of any other way to "Show" its a improvement but these clips definitely do.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHujrlBhkbw/?taken-by=raymo_2_u
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHzopRyBPT6/?taken-by=raymo_2_u

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are Bone Reds...They are abused by skateboarders for years and years before need replacing or cleaning...and thats with crazy amounts of pressure and other forces wearing on them along with dirt and other debris/water/ect getting inside them....using them in this fashion is basically the same as them free spinning load free...they should last longer then you. I couldnt imagine using magnets...Ive pulled 200lbs rated swivels apart with some of the wire and the pull force Ive put on them.
If you have something that works for you then you dont need to change it, but for those that do have issues and want a "almost friction-less setup" there isnt much better then the SpinLT..Ive bought swivels for more then it costs and still experienced binding and sway.but Im glad its over..

These are "Tests" that I ran to prove its almost friction-less and Ive never had ANY set of swivels that could pass these. I couldnt really think of any other way to "Show" its a improvement but these clips definitely do.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHujrlBhkbw/?taken-by=raymo_2_u
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHzopRyBPT6/?taken-by=raymo_2_u
Holy shit that second test! Definitely worth looking into. The biggest problems I have with magnets are staggereds and the occasional wire getting dislodged in my anchor from all the force of the pull.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Holy shit that second test! Definitely worth looking into. The biggest problems I have with magnets are staggereds and the occasional wire getting dislodged in my anchor from all the force of the pull.

Thats the reason I wouldnt do magnets...it would happen more then then not for me..Its nice having some thing would break the wire before it would actually pull apart to work with...

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats the reason I wouldnt do magnets...it would happen more then then not for me..Its nice having some thing would break the wire before it would actually pull apart to work with...
I'll wait for the Goon 22 to come out and order a prospin as well. Sucks having to have stuff shipped from the US to here.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'll wait for the Goon 22 to come out and order a prospin as well. Sucks having to have stuff shipped from the US to here.

Dont order the ProSpinII...order the SpinLT. The Prospin is seeming to have issues while the SpinLT has not.

Im also impatiently waiting for the Goon 22 but also looking at a few other RDA's! Lynx RDA, Norris RDA, Virus RDA, and the Shuriken 24 all look pretty badass.

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dont order the ProSpinII...order the SpinLT. The Prospin is seeming to have issues while the SpinLT has not.

Im also impatiently waiting for the Goon 22 but also looking at a few other RDA's! Lynx RDA, Norris RDA, Virus RDA, and the Shuriken 24 all look pretty badass.
My bad, spinLT.

Haha yeah saw your post. Stop showing the goon 22 or sell them already. I refresh my browser almost every 4 hours just to check if it's already for sale.

I'm going to be a bit pig headed about the goon22. Bought a brass underground tube and it's 22mm, so all other 24 rdas are out. I'll check the ones you mentioned if they come in brass. I'm ready to try my hand at staples and want to make sure it fits, hence the goon.

VapeSalsa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks good to me!
Might want to grab a SpinLT and rid yourself of the swivels for good man..I hated swivels. I use ribbon wire on those as well as everything else to keep the "structure" of the wire length. With staggereds you dont want to pinch it as tightly as it will drag on the spacing and ruin it but thats what I suggest trying.

Take a 2" piece of Ribbon wire and wrap is loosely around your wire after its lined up and ready, then pinch it with nylon pliers lightly, it should be able to slide...now make 4-5 of these and now you are set up for the drill without any issues like collapsing and twisting. Just slide them on down as you get close to them and the more the better...Another thing, for Staggered Fused builds I like having the Ribbon center to be "floating" like below...it helps removes the chance of the ribbon to twist and pop out or become warped..The Ribbon isnt in the Drill or on the swivel, I try to keep it around 2-3" from both ends and have a "Ribbon Slider" FIRMLY Pinched at both ends of the Ribbon...think of it like a walking bridge

Like this:
View attachment 58197 View attachment 58199 View attachment 58198
Thanks for the advice! I thought of doing something similar but was afraid I'd ruin the spacing on the clapton. Now that I know it won't I'll definitely do it.

Also ordered a spinlt. Looking forward to trying it.

Where do you guys see the goon 22? The 24 already has good flavor. 22 should be fantastic.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the advice! I thought of doing something similar but was afraid I'd ruin the spacing on the clapton. Now that I know it won't I'll definitely do it.

Also ordered a spinlt. Looking forward to trying it.

Where do you guys see the goon 22? The 24 already has good flavor. 22 should be fantastic.
Yea its going to be released right after VPX...I hope they make it in Ti! @inspects gifted me a Ti a bit ago and it is my favorite so far...no polishing, stiffer clamps, soft but extremely tough feel...plus the chuff it comes with is a dream!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I keep getting asked how I hook up my builds that are wide to the SpinLT...Here's a pic to show how I go about it..

I have my wire hooked up to my drill in what ever fashion (Chuck, Hand Vise or Looped on a Paperclip) and at the SpinLT end I will have the wire end flat. I will secure it with ribbon sliders and princh them as hard as I can, then wrap wire around the end and loop it through the SpinLT Hook then back on the wire and pin it down. Then wrap that in Ribbon.....this only needs to be done fore wire like shown....where any bending of the actual wire can ruin the wire.
20160803_133104.jpg 20160803_133045.jpg

Finished Product:

20160803_133514.jpg 20160803_140223.jpg 20160803_140545.jpg 20160803_141030.jpg 20160803_141500.jpg 20160803_141440.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I usually only post what I feel is over the top but Ill post these up too ;) I just tore down my Tornado Nano RTA and I wanted to make my vape a bit warmer and use it on the Anubis Box, this is what I thought would work well and so far its pretty amazing!

28g 316L/40g 316L Aliens Staged with 28g 316L (5 Wraps/3mm ID @ .1 Dual Coils)

20160803_155310.jpg 20160803_155628.jpg 20160803_155729.jpg 20160803_160044.jpg 20160803_160102.jpg 20160803_155820.jpg

VU Sponsors