Become a Patron!

Post a Picture Any Picture (that you took)

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Some wildflowers by the pond in Elm Park

9SmKnDs.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I took this by the irrigation ditch that runs behind my house.
I had never seen Wild Corn Dogs before!
But it doesn't matter how much mustard you put on them they taste horrible!

6dc9b87fae6fcce09205b96eb172661d.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I would say you've got a handle on that lens, great photos :cheers:
Which lens?
Actually, I just made due - these are not the way I wanted the photos to come out. It's the Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens I just got. They would've been better if I had brought the 18-55mm Nikon lens with me. I was planning on doing macro photo practice, but ended up with these. The macro photos sucked. Couldn't seem to figure out the settings for a decent DOF. And now I'm remembering that I forgot to use the lens hood for the macro shots, as well.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took this by the irrigation ditch that runs behind my house.
I had never seen Wild Corn Dogs before!
But it doesn't matter how much mustard you put on them they taste horrible!

6dc9b87fae6fcce09205b96eb172661d.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away.
You made me cry laughing at that one. They we're everywhere in SC when I was growing up. We told a kid the same thing and got him to try it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Random person on the street photo. I like the way the camera focused solely on the woman in the photo, and left everything else out of focus.

IOHA39R.jpg

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
You guys should have photo contests. Run it for a week or so to give ppl time to enter - just 1 photo. Thread starter can decide the first theme, anyone can enter, then vote, and the winner decides the next theme. You'd think that the best cameras/photographers would win all the time but not so actually. More about subject matter.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
We have a saying in the BBQ business - "It's the cook, not the cooker". You can have the best BBQ setup, but if you can't cook, then it doesn't matter. Conversely, you can have an el cheapo banged up $15 setup from Craigslist, but if you know what you're doing you can make some award winning BBQ with it. Same thing applies to photography.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We have a saying in the BBQ business - "It's the cook, not the cooker". You can have the best BBQ setup, but if you can't cook, then it doesn't matter. Conversely, you can have an el cheapo banged up $15 setup from Craigslist, but if you know what you're doing you can make some award winning BBQ with it. Same thing applies to photography.

I agree. I've taken some stunning photos with Instamatic cameras... and wouldn't really know what to do with an SLR, nor even a DSLR if it didn't have "auto" settings.

But I'd still dearly love to have a DSLR, so I can learn. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors