Become a Patron!

Possibly the dumbest question on here

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Wow you guys are awesome and super helpful. I think me dipping was just giving me something to do along with he flavor. I mainly dipped fruity stuff. Apple Peach Berry etc. I have a Kaos X box which my wife picked out solely because I work on computers and the side looks like the inside of a computer. My tank is a uwell crown III. I was sold some really bad juice. It literally tasted like a porta potty I could not get the taste out so I changed the coil and I did it exactly how he showed me. Its leaking juice out of the air flow. My setup seems kinda excessive since I only vape on 45-55 watts.

also how do you guys switch out flavors?

Not that that is important until I can get my tank to stop leaking.
I also have Crown 3 tanks. I put a little Astroglide on all the O-rings when cleaning the tanks or changing the coils.
Makes assembly much easier. Never had one leak.
It is water soluble and won't hurt you.
Bet you all thought Astroglide only had one use!

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huh, I had no interest in these when I first heard about them, but that top air flow might change my mind.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Guess they got our complaints about the previous models leaking like a sieve. This one doesn't leak, no matter how hard I try to get it to leak. Only thing about my RDA is you've gotta juice it constantly. I'm looking to replace it with a refillable tank, but I also want to rebuild on it. Aint gonna give that up even if you paid me! I'm saving 60 bucks a month on coils - I don't think I could afford to vape if I had to buy coils. I've got my mom's TFV8, but it's a pain in the ass to wick, and you've gotta get it just right otherwise the darn thing spits out your juice. Probably most RBAs are like that, so I'm stuck at an impasse. :D

One of my friend's employees said you can use the TFV8's rebuildable deck on the X-Baby too. Not sure how true that is, but I'm tempted to find out. The girlfriend's got juice in the tank though, and I fucking hate it. She's using Charlie's Chalk Dust (it's a sweet tart flavor) and it tastes like actual chalk to me - ohh the irony, LOL!

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
If you're going to build anyway, why not go with an rta? They are better designed for building and wicking.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
If your friend has a Freemax Fireluke jump on it. One of the few tanks whose drop ins and rba are both great.

bambam1096

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@bambam1096 Tell us what you like about the tank and what you don't like. You are not the only one having issues with Crown III. At this point I suspect you need a replacement deck. If it were me I would get a new tank tank and reach out to Uwell about deck.
honestly? it was just the tank they gave me at the store. Said it was good so I went with it. I did like the fact that you didn't have to screw in the coil but I don't know enough about this stuff to know what I need and don't need.

bambam1096

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you next go into the shop, please ask someone to break the tank down and walk you through a rebuild. Be sure to pay attention to the o-rings and if they skip over them you need to ask about them. Most cases where tanks leak it is the o-rings causing problems.

If it isn't o-rings I'd be rather lost to offer any other suggestion, maybe the glass is busted, chipped? If that's the case you'll need to buy a new glass tube. I too agree that it's bullshit you got fed. Plenty of tanks do not leak, many vapers using a lot of these tanks too.
He did this when he replaced my coil the first time.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
It just sucks to have to buy another tank when I just bought this setup like 2 weeks ago.

Hold up on that. I don't have the crown III but Anthony does a lot of reviews, and he might be able to help you out. In fact he used to dip too before switching to vaping, he might even be able to give you some other or better suggestions. At least better then running out, getting a new tank and might not enjoy it either.

@SirRichardRear can we get a helping hand here, pretty please? :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
honestly? it was just the tank they gave me at the store. Said it was good so I went with it. I did like the fact that you didn't have to screw in the coil but I don't know enough about this stuff to know what I need and don't need.
We can help you with that. Do you like the way the tank hits? Is it too airy; how's the flavor; is it too big; is it too warm or too cool a vape, etc. Knowing these things can help us give you suggestions on how to dial in your vape.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hold up on that. I don't have the crown III but Anthony does a lot of reviews, and he might be able to help you out. In fact he used to dip too before switching to vaping, he might even be able to give you some other or better suggestions. At least better then running out, getting a new tank and might not enjoy it either.

@SirRichardRear can we get a helping hand here, pretty please? :)
sure. what's the question?

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
sure. what's the question?

Is the crown III known for it's leakage problems, if so do you know a way around it, if hopeless could suggest a different tank that's close to the crown III?

If its not, since I don't have it on hand to look at, would you maybe know how to fix that leak? Maybe it has some complicated ports,rings etc I'm not aware off that makes it different to other tanks and trouble shooting lol.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Is the crown III known for it's leakage problems, if so do you know a way around it, if hopeless could suggest a different tank that's close to the crown III?

If its not, since I don't have it on hand to look at, would you maybe know how to fix that leak? Maybe it has some complicated ports,rings etc I'm not aware off that makes it different to other tanks and trouble shooting lol.
Never had a leak issue with the crown 3. and i've used it quite a bit. hell even when i flew out of the country for a week, my setup was a battlestar and crown 3 (since i have multiples of both) and no leak issues. It condensates like any bottom air flow but that's different from leaking. some say it cna build up enough condensation of you never clean it to appear like a leak. I clean my tanks with every coil change

with that said a few things can cause leaks

1) bum coil - it happens nothing you can do about it

2) too thin of juice (70%VG to 80% VG is bets to use

3) leaving it sitting - if you leave a sub ohm tank sitting or days unused, itll likely leak

4) too little of watts - if you don't use enough watts to properly vaporize the juice, it can leak

bambam1096

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We can help you with that. Do you like the way the tank hits? Is it too airy; how's the flavor; is it too big; is it too warm or too cool a vape, etc. Knowing these things can help us give you suggestions on how to dial in your vape.
I liked the way it hit. I don't want something thats hot. I generally vape on a lower wattage around 45-55. I also like a lot of flavor to come through. Im not sure if the higher the wattage the more flavor or the lower the wattage more flavor.

I like the tank because the coil doesn't have to be screwed. I also like it because the hold to fill it is bigger. My sister has a baby smok something...not sure which one and it was a pain in the ass to fill.

Sorry been super busy with work and haven't been able to get on.

Last edited:

bambam1096

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never had a leak issue with the crown 3. and i've used it quite a bit. hell even when i flew out of the country for a week, my setup was a battlestar and crown 3 (since i have multiples of both) and no leak issues. It condensates like any bottom air flow but that's different from leaking. some say it cna build up enough condensation of you never clean it to appear like a leak. I clean my tanks with every coil change

with that said a few things can cause leaks

1) bum coil - it happens nothing you can do about it

2) too thin of juice (70%VG to 80% VG is bets to use

3) leaving it sitting - if you leave a sub ohm tank sitting or days unused, itll likely leak

4) too little of watts - if you don't use enough watts to properly vaporize the juice, it can leak

Ive changed the coil out 3 times now and its still leaking. so I don't think that could be it.

The place I purchased my juice said that the only juice they carry is 70/30 they have a small selection of 50/50 but the juice I've bought wasn't in that section.

When I put a new coil in and clean everything out I can use it for maybe an hour before it starts to leak. Then I just leave it sitting until I have time to clean it and stuff. Ive had it for a few weeks now and I haven't really been able to use it because when it leaks it will leak down my shirt and thats kinda annoying.

I generally vape 45-55 watts? so maybe that could be it?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sounds like too little of watts then. Best range for those coils are 90-110 watts. Your using half that so your not burning off enough juice which is probably eventually causing the flooding and leaking.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I think Anthony is right, not enough watts. You would probably be happier with a different tank. Look at the Eleaf Ello tank; offers many coil options and gives very good flavor.
Raise your watts with Crown III and see if that fixes the leaking. If it does and is too warm a vape for you will be able to sell it fairly easily.

bambam1096

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think Anthony is right, not enough watts. You would probably be happier with a different tank. Look at the Eleaf Ello tank; offers many coil options and gives very good flavor.
Raise your watts with Crown III and see if that fixes the leaking. If it does and is too warm a vape for you will be able to sell it fairly easily.

Ill try running at a higher wattage and see if that helps. My friend vapes at 95 or so and hers always tastes kinda burnt, but maybe its because her coil isn't meant to run at that high of a wattage. I don't know much about this stuff so I just kinda take a guess. I told the man at the store I vape at a lower wattage and he he recommended that one to me so that doesn't make sense, but I understand the whole sales aspect of everything I guess.

How does the wattage affect flavor? Like if you want more flavor should you go with a lower wattage or a high one? Or does it just depend on the coil?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
How does the wattage affect flavor? Like if you want more flavor should you go with a lower wattage or a high one? Or does it just depend on the coil?
Depends on many factors. I have some juices I prefer at lower watts for flavor, some higher. What you will like better only you can figure out. Air flow is another factor. I use 3 Engine Nanos in my daily rotation. All have the same coil but different juices. They are set pretty close in watts but I have set af differently for each juice.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Depends on many factors.

Another factor to consider is wicking material. Recently swapped back to rayon from having used cotton. I noticed a difference immediately. Rayon lets more flavor through for me, whereas cotton has the flavor but also retains the gauze taste to me. Rayon lacks the gauze taste/texture. This too is kind of subjective as I've no sense of smell and limited taste sense. So, each person even is different in as much as my tasting great peach juice at optimal on a mech mod might taste like two-week old dung to you and your peach tastes like strawberries to me. Ergo the difficulty and laughter when someone says, "tell me what the best X is?" It's all highly subjective, like the French image of a pipe with the caption "This Is Not", and the same picture framed and captioned "Art". One is feces on the wall the other is framed, making it art ... I still see feces on the wall but hey, I'm no art critic either. ;) :) :p

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Oh no he was supportive of me making the switch. He also used a lot of crazy words and I had no idea what he was talking about. Im just thinking I walked out of there spending a lot of money on something I didn't really need. I do love my MOD (guess thats what they are called??) my wife picked it out. My tank has been leaking and I can't figure out why which is what lead me to buy another can of dip. I don't like the idea of carrying around a paper towel and having juice get all over me.

Usually, a leaking tank is due to not putting it back together in alignment after filling, cleaning, or replacing a coil. You probably don't want to carry it upside down though.

Main thing... everything has to be put together snugly and straight and no twisted O rings.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I am I blew out until I couldn't see anymore coming out then I cranked it up and hit it on high a few times...everything seemed fine and then I was driving down the road and when I titled it to put in my mouth drops just got all over my shirt

Sounds like a loose RBA (or premade coil) *not seated in the base properly* OR chimney isn't lined up inside the tank from the top of the coil up to the mouth piece. Which would generally be the main things to cause spit back (Or to much juice on the actual coil in some cases)

cvostreetglide

Member For 2 Years
I have the Crown 3 and run it around 70 watts.... It's a great flavor producer and has a little restriction drawing on it which isn't bad compared to others I've tried. Never leaked a drop worth mentioning so I'm wondering about O rings. Perhaps the store folks that replaced your coil might take it apart for you and replace all the O rings. I wouldn't mention that except that I have one and for the 6 months or so that I've had it, it hasn't given me a lick of trouble. I only use it for quick trips cause it's convenient so it sits sometimes for a couple days and still no leaking. I use larger tanks on weekdays due to my long commute times and they're Sense Pro's. At home its rebuildable coils baby!!! yeah! lol Good luck with it.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the replies guys. Most of the other people I talked to who vaped told me I was just doing it to be cool. You guys are way more informative than the people at the Vape shop I went to. Im not real happy with what I purchased, but oh well.

If that's the case, I would take my business elsewhere. The customer is supposed to rely on the vape shops for information, in my opinion. If the workers at a vape shop are going to act like a bunch of self-absorbed jackasses to you like that, they don't need your business. The people wherever you're going are there just to sell you whatever they can. That's what eventually leads to people who have no clue what they're doing seriously hurting themselves.

Come to Fort Leonard Wood sometime. My buddy Matt will show these jerks how to run an effing vape shop! :D

BTW: Buy a 60-70 watt coil for the Crown III if you intend to keep it. The 70-80s might be a little much for you if you only vape @ 50watts. The 60-70s are a bit higher on the resistance too, if I recall correctly. If you don't intend to keep it, I'd look into getting a top airflow tank. That might keep your juice inside the tank where it belongs. :)

Can't reccomend any specfic one, given that my only experience with such tanks is my girlfriend's tank, but maybe someone else can chime in with some hints?

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Guess they got our complaints about the previous models leaking like a sieve. This one doesn't leak, no matter how hard I try to get it to leak. Only thing about my RDA is you've gotta juice it constantly. I'm looking to replace it with a refillable tank, but I also want to rebuild on it. Aint gonna give that up even if you paid me! I'm saving 60 bucks a month on coils - I don't think I could afford to vape if I had to buy coils. I've got my mom's TFV8, but it's a pain in the ass to wick, and you've gotta get it just right otherwise the darn thing spits out your juice. Probably most RBAs are like that, so I'm stuck at an impasse. :D

One of my friend's employees said you can use the TFV8's rebuildable deck on the X-Baby too. Not sure how true that is, but I'm tempted to find out. The girlfriend's got juice in the tank though, and I fucking hate it. She's using Charlie's Chalk Dust (it's a sweet tart flavor) and it tastes like actual chalk to me - ohh the irony, LOL!

I picked this over the cloud beast series. IJoy RDTA. Vapes like a dripper, but has a 5ml tank.

Snapshot1.jpg Snapshot2.jpg Snapshot3.jpg Snapshot4.jpg
I've been using the wicks for over a week now so they aren't as pretty as when they were new. lol

** Important Note: When installing a new wick, juice the sides to prime and let the wick draw juice into the coil. Otherwise it will spit. Juicing the sides only prevents any spitting.

skillet

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow you guys are awesome and super helpful. I think me dipping was just giving me something to do along with he flavor. I mainly dipped fruity stuff. Apple Peach Berry etc. I have a Kaos X box which my wife picked out solely because I work on computers and the side looks like the inside of a computer. My tank is a uwell crown III. I was sold some really bad juice. It literally tasted like a porta potty I could not get the taste out so I changed the coil and I did it exactly how he showed me. Its leaking juice out of the air flow. My setup seems kinda excessive since I only vape on 45-55 watts.

I too am an ex dipper (40 something years) and I definitely was in it for the nicotine! Well, and the taste. I am also a new vaper, and have a Crown III. I run mine on a Voo Poo Drag 157w mod, but always run it between 45-55w on .15 coils. Only reason for the 157w mod was because I got a hell of a deal on it, and its dual battery, so I'm not always charging at work. I use 70/30 juices, sometimes 80/20. The only leak I had was from overfilling. I also run a TVF8 Big Baby Beast tank on both the Voo Poo and on an 85w AL85, and this tank beats the Crown hands down for taste and doesn't vape as hot to me. I know this is of no help to you, but I think I would try to get that thing replaced

bambam1096

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the advice. I tried running it at 95w and it still leaks. I changed the coil and put new o rings on it. This has been pretty frustrating...maybe Ill just try to quit cold turkey. Someone told me about tobacco and nicotine free dip made with coffee which sounds horrible. haha

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks for the replies guys. Most of the other people I talked to who vaped told me I was just doing it to be cool. You guys are way more informative than the people at the Vape shop I went to. Im not real happy with what I purchased, but oh well.
The reasons you vape are your own. As a non-smoker we will recommend 0mg nicotine, but that's common sense. Why pick up an addiction if you don't have to? Social vaping is a thing. Better than social smoking by far. I don't know how ppl thing vaping is cool, unless you are into tricks or clouds. Huge ass clouds are kinda cool. LOL.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Hard to say what is wrong so I'll list all the trouble shooting steps.
First off... close your air flow when you fill the tank and when you are not vaping (like when you are going to bed at night)
Make sure you don't get juice inside the chimney (air flow that goes through the coil)
Take the atomizer apart and clean and dry it. CAREFULLY put it back together, making sure the coil is in straight and finger tight. Loose or cross threaded coils will leak.
Make sure your chimney lines up straight (again, no cross threads)
Make sure your O rings are not twisted
Carefully assemble the atomizer.
Basically you want to be sure everything is lined up and fits snugly. Don't over tighten. Squashed O rings can leak.
If that doesnt work, take it to a local vape shop and ask for them to look at it. Sometimes, you just happen to get a bad tank that was a manufacturer reject that slipped through.

Now as for switching flavors, I just vape my tank empty (or use a syringe) and add the new juice. The old juice left in the coil vapes out in a few minutes. (lol sometimes you find a happy accident, like switching from apple flavor to a caramel flavor.... CANDY APPLE woot!)

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or sometimes you'll run into the same "problem" as me and create entirely new flavors that you end up enjoying when you forget to clean your tank before switching out the old juice. ;)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ill try running at a higher wattage and see if that helps. My friend vapes at 95 or so and hers always tastes kinda burnt, but maybe its because her coil isn't meant to run at that high of a wattage. I don't know much about this stuff so I just kinda take a guess. I told the man at the store I vape at a lower wattage and he he recommended that one to me so that doesn't make sense, but I understand the whole sales aspect of everything I guess.

for flavor you want low air flow, maybe half, and lower wattage. You want the vapor dense. Clouds are the opposite. full open air and higher watts.
Use a smaller mouth piece for flavor, larger for clouds.

VU Sponsors