Become a Patron!

Pegasus Vapor Academy PVA-40

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess most of us have lost our goodwill towards this product, at least those of us who liked the whole 'by the people, for the people' notion anyway. I think if anything niggles me about it when it arrives I will also put it up for sale at a loss. Don't expect there to be all that many takers though...

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't own a 150w and that button looks flat compare to what is on the PVA40. I may have a bad button, still works but wasn't expecting this on my device :(

I have a Sig 100, and can say that the button on that is much better in terms of looks and performance than the button on the PVA 40

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine and LOVE IT enough said ! PVA-40 Vape on BRO's & SIS's !!! Bad A-- MOD. It only took two days from California to N.C.

I must concur with "hazozita's" take on the overall fit and finish. The enclosure is very well done! The buttons are another story. For lack of a better term they are shit. It absolutely detracts most of the impression of a quality device due to the rattle and weak nature along with lack of tactile feel upon firing. The other thing is the size will no doubt be a problem for a lot of people. It is larger than the Sigelei 150 and far heavier. I have very large hands my glove size is xxl and it is uncomfortable for me to hold.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I must say I am kinda ambivalent towards the thing now that it is in my hand and all is said and done. While I sent several "positive letters of encouragement" kindly voicing my "approval" of the project hoping for some glimmer of truth to what was really going on when I would get a response several days later it would seem that within 48 hours of getting a response about the progress of the thing a video would "magically" pop up saying the exact things in the letter that was supposed to be things that I was asked "to please not tell right now" meaning that obviously I was voicing the same concerns as everyone in a sugar coated manor. I've thrown money away on worse things so I just gave up on it, even forgot about it for about a month, and then when it was said that they were going to ship at the end of may I started watching for them hoping it would be the first happy thing to pop up in my mail box...like a late christmas present I never got...but it never came so I waited for video updates and responses to letters asking if they had my address since I never got the email saying that mine was shipped like it was supposed to be.

And then it finally came...and I was excitedly disappointed. I was excited to finally see what I paid for in my hands...and was disappointed at what I had got. I was one of the many that lost the argument for the screen being placed on top being told that he "just knew better and you'll have to trust me on this" when the screen is behind a sealed window as I had suggested that seems to be slightly tinted which I also said would take care of the light and glar driving issue...as a professional driver I how a tinted screen on top would be any more of a distraction than a bright screen I can almost read from the side while using the thing (I was told I would be able to read it while it's firing, I can see it but I can't read it to save my life so there is a fail in my opinion.) Hell, even my vaporsharks distract me for a brief second from time to time at night with their screen on the bottom, a light is a light. But that's just my preference so I can't fault that against the so called "family project" that one man had the final say in...how were the votes tallied again?

Secondly...the thing is larger than my Sig 150 and about twice as heavy. I have huge hands and it fits like it was molded for my hand which you think would be a plus, but the damn thing is so big it's got to be uncomfortable and hard to hold with it's shape for those with smaller digits combined with the surprising weight of the thing...again, being a "group project" I consider that a fail. I was hoping for something about the weight and size of my sig 150 at most to replace my well traveled rDNA40 as my daily pocket mod. A parallel battery DNA40 when we bought in 7 months ago was a great deal at the price, now it's a great disappointment that the damn thing is to big and heavy for it to be a practical mod for me since being a professional household mover and Semi Driver it's only practical for the driving aspect...the damn thing is too big and heavy to be running up and down stairs carrying furniture with that thing banging around in my pocket...and I am not leaving it in the cab of the truck to roast the batteries all day in the summer and freeze them out in the winter so again it's a design fail in my humble opinion. And many other's have stated the mushyness of the button...the damn thing rattles and has more of a hair trigger than y competition trigger on my old glock 17 did with a 3 pound spring. I practically just have to twitch my thumb and not even lift it to lock and unlock it.

As for it's functionality...well, so far the temp limiting works...it tried to get me grief the first time I screwed in atty on so I fired it at ten watts, unscrewed it, put it back on and said it was a new coil like I have to do everytime I pick up my rDNA to vape it, I only had to do it once....I have the temp limiting set to 400 degrees and so far it's worked, I've tried to intentionally burn my cotton and it wont do it and it doesn't just run at 10 watts or less constantly like my first gen DNA chip and the Celsius mode is a nice novelty since my first gen rDNA doesn't have that, but I was hoping for a big screen.

This may seem like a long rant but it's been long coming....and in all fairness to the device it does work and except for the buttons is solid over all and nice enough quality....very nice mod for the end of 2014 for sure. At the request of another member of the forum I will be starting a PVA 40 review thread with my pictures and a more organized version of my thoughts here and I wish every PVA owner to chime in their experience with it whether they love it, hate it, sold it, or whatever....I think since it's a mod "by the people for the people" the people should do the actual review and not the reviewers this time....it's the only fair thing I can see after the wait we all had. The thread will be up by tomorrow...please join in with me and make your reviews and thoughts heard in the traditional long winded "Mad Monkey Style' :)

Last edited:

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
I finally received my it shipped email shortly before he posted the last video........but for some reason im not excited.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good post @madmonkey. Look forward to the new thread.

You have the best summary of the PVA40 I've seen: "...very nice mod for the end of 2014..."

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good post @madmonkey. Look forward to the new thread.

You have the best summary of the PVA40 I've seen: "...very nice mod for the end of 2014..."

I had to go to bed last night and just got up for work. I took the pictures and edited them last night and will start putting it together when I get home...as long as no one steals my name in the meantime look for "Lets Review A Mod Together: The PVA40....A Review by the People for the People" put up sometime by tomorrow morning :)

And thank you for the kind words :)

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
So peg showed off new versions of the aromamizer, announced future pairings for the pva 40 and another potential "family project" with this aromamizer rda/ tank in his latest video...........:(
Does he really think that he will receive the same support he did with the pva project....or is he trying to get this out before the pva project backlash hits.......

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, well. He should really be waiting for reviews from people without that strange look in their eyes first. We'll see. Mine has just left L.A. on a jet plane according to USPS. Hoping it's ridiculously heavy.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So peg showed off new versions of the aromamizer, announced future pairings for the pva 40 and another potential "family project" with this aromamizer rda/ tank in his latest video...........:(
Does he really think that he will receive the same support he did with the pva project....or is he trying to get this out before the pva project backlash hits.......

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

The support will probably be a little softer than it was with the PVA, but he'll probably get enough to make the venture worthwhile/profitable. He was able to fund the battery campaign on Indegogo even though the battery prices were a lot more than you would pay with just a little shopping around. Granted, that was before the PVA shit hit the fan, but even so -- we vapers have short memories.

Not looking good as to resale value of the PVA40. I've had zero interest at the $70 shipped price on VU and ECF.

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not looking good as to resale value of the PVA40. I've had zero interest at the $70 shipped price on VU and ECF.

Yet there are people asking if any are available in the YouTube comments iirc. Maybe mention it there? Of course it'll have to be more expensive than it was originally for those folk.... ;) Also, http://www.e-wolk.nl/en/pva-40.html are offering them for €199,99 [$221.44] plus shipping...

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yet there are people asking if any are available in the YouTube comments iirc. Maybe mention it there? Of course it'll have to be more expensive than it was originally for those folk.... ;) Also, http://www.e-wolk.nl/en/pva-40.html are offering them for €199,99 [$221.44] plus shipping...

I have - no luck as of yet. I'll give it a while longer -- perhaps cut it to $60 shipped. If it doesn't go at that price I'll give to my nephew. He's not interested in it due to the size, but he has friends who are still in college and have limited vape budgets, so it will find a home. Or, just keep it on a shelf so the next time I start to consider a pre-order I'll look at it, and put the credit card away.

Reactions: j66

SHEK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I liked your write up about it, you should post it up on his stuff and watch the kool aid kids wig the fuck out.

LOL....loved your reddit thread!

I think that a lot of your views were accurate, but I'm not convinced that he had them in April. That may have been a smoke screen (?) seeing how nothing that comes from his lips is based in reality.

But you're all probably correct, he ran out of money....but not due to any losses. I think that Peg made a fortune on the backs of innocent people willing to believe anything without any credibility to back it up.

Did anyone notice how large Peg's inventory of products became about a month after he had your money? I think that he spent most of everything that he made in profit BEFORE he actually had the goods in hand. He only kept enough to pay the manufacturer, but when his plan took a dive....you all paid the price once again.

And when the original manufacturer dumped his project, Peg was forced to make deep cuts in the build quality and materials cost just to pay the new manufacturer and have a custom prototype made. So instead of having a much smaller, significantly lighter and better quality parts for your devices....you got the cheapest junk that China had to offer.

While the device might "feel" solid, it should cuz it's probably made of Zinc-alloy. 3X's heavier than aluminum and about 1/4th the cost. It's considered globally and junk metal and is used mainly for casting. It's most commonly used for things like cabinet fixtures and handles.

The only part in your devices that's worth anything in the real world is the DNA inside. Everything else is basically worthless just because of the weight and design of the enclosure. The PVA-40 is the heaviest mod known, beats the VTR in weight by a significant margin.

I feel sorry for everyone that believed this guy, but your first clue about his real intentions should have been .....that Peg doesn't post on forums. Did anybody ever ask him why?

As long as Peg stayed on his own YT account, his own website and his Indiegogo threads....he'd be in total control. He could manipulate and censor anybody and everybody at will and if the TRUTH were to be discovered or published....he just delete it and nobody would be the wiser. This is precisely why you'll never see Peg in a forum, because he cannot control or refute the truths being presented and he wouldn't be able to answer questions in a truthful manner. He wouldn't be able bullshit his way out of verifiable facts. He would no longer be able to lie or mislead anyone...and he would have ZERO control over you.

Those of you that are happy with your devices, that's great....I hope that they function for you for a very long time. But those of you that are not happy, you're definitely the majority.

Maybe next time peeps will seek out the forum discussions and pay more attention to the nay-sayers wavin' red flags and presenting real-world facts. It could save you from making a very hasty mistake.... :)

Last edited:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, in my original post I said I wouldn't be doing this till tomorrow...well I lied. :)

My full PVA40 review thread is up and it's long and true to the standard "Madmonkey form" :D

I put up pictures, my thoughts on the version of the DNA40 chipset used and my pros and cons with a few final closing thoughts and asked every other PVA40 owner to chime in with their own pros and cons and opinions of how they feel about the device...not the drama leading up to how it got to you. My goal is that if anyone ever tries to pull this off again (campaigning a "group designed" mod and trying to make it come to light,) there is a thread that is beyond the reach of the person that "managed" the last one so that this is a comprehensive list of how everyone that was involved felt about how it was handled and the feelings on the final product so there is a comprehensive guide of "here's what to do or not to do," and everyone's feelings in general.

I don't know...this thread is great but I think that one on just the device and it's final outcome and not the drama surrounding it up until it's arrival months late needs to be done by all of us as well. It's supposed to be "our mod made by us"...shouldn't we be the ones doing the review on it this time?

Oh I forgot...the thread is here...

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/family-activity-x-lets-discuss-a-mod-together-the-pva40.101478/

Last edited:
Thread moved to Vendor reviews area
Hey, I just wan to report a chain of emails I've been having with them. My mod has never showed. They sent it to the wrong adress and are refusing to do anything after taking credit. Id like everyone to know about it.

In reverse order.

From peg;
I said I see the mixup,
for us mainly because its the same town and didn't really notice it was a different address.
we've considered this long and hard and this was not an easy decision to make.
I don't like saying no to people and I would never intentionally cheat anyone either.
However we sent two tracking numbers, the first time we voided that to then bump everyone to priority mail.
So you were sent two letters with tracking info. Neither time did you write to us that the address is wrong so we have a chance to retract or fix it in time.
You waited and then claimed you don't have it with no mention of the tracking info.
From our side we have delivery confirmation to an address you have easy access to and you knew where it was going.
You could have spoken up earlier. You chose not to. The initial package could have been voided or refused.
We feel you just as much allowed this to happen. I think you actually have the device and trying to get another one over a technicality.
There will be no replacement nor refund.
On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 9:15 PM, Yahoo <[email protected]>wrote:
It was never delivered to that adress. You need to make this right. U admitted it was y'all's fault now take responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 31, 2015, at 4:24, Sales Inquires <[email protected]> wrote:
Sorry I see the mixup.

but couldn't you just pick it up from your old address?

its in the same town not more than ten minutes away.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 1:36 AM, Yahoo <[email protected]>wrote:
Well then you sent it to the wrong adress because I responded when u emailed me about where to send it and told y'all to send it to
3902 college main.
The picture of that email that I sent is attached .
This is the reply to y'all asking what adress to send it to.
So y'all need to fix this.

<image.png>

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 30, 2015, at 22:34, Sales Inquires <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Sean,

I apologize however,

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tLabels=9405511899562707974431

This says your item was indeed delivered. We would not single out any particular shipment to commit some sort of fraud.
here is the address we sent it to.

Sean Wilkie
1525 E 29TH ST APT 1301BRYAN, TX 77802-1419 US

and the package is mailbox sized. so it should have been safely securely in your mailbox.
If not, I'm very sorry but USPS says this is delivered. This item is out of our responsibility.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Yahoo<[email protected]>wrote:
Howdy
My pva40 still hasn't showed up. I've checked with my office neighbors and even my last place of living. You need to make this right. Please get back to me or I will be expecting a refund.
-Sean Wilkie.

Sent from my iPhone

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, I just wan to report a chain of emails I've been having with them. My mod has never showed. They sent it to the wrong adress and are refusing to do anything after taking credit. Id like everyone to know about it.

In reverse order.

From peg;
I said I see the mixup,
for us mainly because its the same town and didn't really notice it was a different address.
we've considered this long and hard and this was not an easy decision to make.
I don't like saying no to people and I would never intentionally cheat anyone either.
However we sent two tracking numbers, the first time we voided that to then bump everyone to priority mail.
So you were sent two letters with tracking info. Neither time did you write to us that the address is wrong so we have a chance to retract or fix it in time.
You waited and then claimed you don't have it with no mention of the tracking info.
From our side we have delivery confirmation to an address you have easy access to and you knew where it was going.
You could have spoken up earlier. You chose not to. The initial package could have been voided or refused.
We feel you just as much allowed this to happen. I think you actually have the device and trying to get another one over a technicality.
There will be no replacement nor refund.
On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 9:15 PM, Yahoo <[email protected]>wrote:
It was never delivered to that adress. You need to make this right. U admitted it was y'all's fault now take responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 31, 2015, at 4:24, Sales Inquires <[email protected]> wrote:
Sorry I see the mixup.

but couldn't you just pick it up from your old address?

its in the same town not more than ten minutes away.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 1:36 AM, Yahoo <[email protected]>wrote:
Well then you sent it to the wrong adress because I responded when u emailed me about where to send it and told y'all to send it to
3902 college main.
The picture of that email that I sent is attached .
This is the reply to y'all asking what adress to send it to.
So y'all need to fix this.

<image.png>

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 30, 2015, at 22:34, Sales Inquires <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Sean,

I apologize however,

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tLabels=9405511899562707974431

This says your item was indeed delivered. We would not single out any particular shipment to commit some sort of fraud.
here is the address we sent it to.

Sean Wilkie
1525 E 29TH ST APT 1301BRYAN, TX 77802-1419 US

and the package is mailbox sized. so it should have been safely securely in your mailbox.
If not, I'm very sorry but USPS says this is delivered. This item is out of our responsibility.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Yahoo<[email protected]>wrote:
Howdy
My pva40 still hasn't showed up. I've checked with my office neighbors and even my last place of living. You need to make this right. Please get back to me or I will be expecting a refund.
-Sean Wilkie.

Sent from my iPhone

That sucks dude, that really sucks...and I wish I had something comforting to say but I don't. The best I am thinking at this point, I and I am hoping someone else will see this and have a better response than this, is a question...

Did you put in a mail forwarding address with the post office when you moved? Because it was shipped Priority it will have a 50 dollar insurance along with it...I know that doesn't get you your mod or money back but just stay with me....I've never had to claim on the insurance from the post office but I have had it's a miserable experience from others who have had so I am thinking if you filed an address notification with the post office I am wondering if you can claim it from improper shipping from the sender making in error because you have emails proving and backing up your story that you contacted and furnished your proper address and the vendor failed to pay notice and you have a proper address change notice on file with your post office (that should be good for a year from when you moved,) and your post office failed to notice it was shipped to the wrong address as well. It wouldn't hurt to stop buy and just knock and be friendly and ask nicely someone got a package for you by mistake at your old place and if they say "no" then you might be able to file for mail theft with the police because you have delivery confirmation there, you have a claim with the post office, and a refusal for help from the "vendor" and when you attempted to legally and politely get assistance you were refused help and the person that according to the post office received the package says they don't have it than someone must have stole it from them and you need to report a theft and someone dropping the ball on making it right since you've taken all the "proper" and "legal" steps for assistance. I don't know how long ago it was delivered but there is a time limit on all of this so if you want to try and go that route you'd have to jump on in quick.

I know it's a shitty pain in the ass and I am sorry I can't give you better legal advice in this matter but since I haven't lived in Texas for a several years now (just an occasional month or two long visit to see family and friends when I can,) I don't want to tell you something that is illegal or wrong and make things worse for you.

I am truely sorry my friend, I wish you the best of luck and hopefully someone can even come up with a better way to help.

Best of luck and wishing better outcomes for you :)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes. We deffinetly were.
I would like to welcome you to VU...I am sure you'll have a much happier and more enjoyable experience here than you've been having with that. Enjoy your stay here and anything vaping related you might want to discuss please jump right it...we're a friendly bunch that does our best to help when we can and always love to talk vaping like Kansas loves corn and the Wizard of Oz :)

VU Sponsors