Become a Patron!

Pegasus Vapor Academy PVA-40

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evidently there will be "waves" of shipping. Saw this post from him on his FB page today in response to those who received a tracking number but the number was coming up as invalid:

Pegasus Vapor Academy Guys I just spoke with the Post man for today truck, He said to give it a day see if it auto corrects. if not, give it to them tomorrow and they will scan it and see if it auto corrects. If you did not get both a tracking number and a separate email. That means you're not the next wave of delivery. I hate telling you guys bad news, we really don't know if this is another bump in the road or we're worried about nothing and it will self correct. Shipping labels were purchased through our shipping software that usesstamps.com so if anyone else had this experience please speak up. Normally shipping labels freshly printed should say, Electronically notified. Perhaps USPS is jammed? We do have a ton of battery orders that we know for a fact that went out all on the same day. half of them show in transit and the other half says electronically notified. We're just as baffled as you are, but again I'm sure we've all had the experience of the post office late on its tracking updates and will self correct in a day or two. To be extra careful, we will launch the next wave the moment we see any sign of transit with the first wave, hope everyone is ok with that. We apologize again, we're not doing anything different than the other batteries that were successfully delivered. so we're still optimistic.

Reactions: j66

Vapetek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Evidently there will be "waves" of shipping. Saw this post from him on his FB page today in response to those who received a tracking number but the number was coming up as invalid:

Pegasus Vapor Academy Guys I just spoke with the Post man for today truck, He said to give it a day see if it auto corrects. if not, give it to them tomorrow and they will scan it and see if it auto corrects. If you did not get both a tracking number and a separate email. That means you're not the next wave of delivery. I hate telling you guys bad news, we really don't know if this is another bump in the road or we're worried about nothing and it will self correct. Shipping labels were purchased through our shipping software that usesstamps.com so if anyone else had this experience please speak up. Normally shipping labels freshly printed should say, Electronically notified. Perhaps USPS is jammed? We do have a ton of battery orders that we know for a fact that went out all on the same day. half of them show in transit and the other half says electronically notified. We're just as baffled as you are, but again I'm sure we've all had the experience of the post office late on its tracking updates and will self correct in a day or two. To be extra careful, we will launch the next wave the moment we see any sign of transit with the first wave, hope everyone is ok with that. We apologize again, we're not doing anything different than the other batteries that were successfully delivered. so we're still optimistic.

My tracking number shows up now, just says the post office hasn't actually got the package.

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hmm. Still just a notification to expect package from the tracking; yet a Fat Daddy Vapes order made Friday has already left the US...and arrived at Heathrow here in the UK.

Last edited:

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received a tracking number 2 days ago, but it is still coming up as "not found" on the USPS site. A new video was posted that tries to explain the delays and shows the final version. As usual, Hao's narrative is mostly incomprehensible, but at least the mod can be seen.

He could have saved himself a whole lot of trouble had he posted this video a month ago.

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
At least the mod looks better built than the beta version I guess...

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How can not one person report having it if two waves went out? I doubt the mod is so extravagant that they are so distracted to not post a picture up somewhere???

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Vapetek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I received a tracking number 2 days ago, but it is still coming up as "not found" on the USPS site. A new video was posted that tries to explain the delays and shows the final version. As usual, Hao's narrative is mostly incomprehensible, but at least the mod can be seen.

He could have saved himself a whole lot of trouble had he posted this video a month ago.

It's the post office is all I can say. I got my tracking early Thursday and it didn't work till Saturday.

Vapetek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How can not one person report having it if two waves went out? I doubt the mod is so extravagant that they are so distracted to not post a picture up somewhere???

Why are you trying to continue the narrative that these mods don't exist or that he's trying to con people when your not even involved
in this? At least be fair about it and criticize him for stuff that is his fault.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ment to imply that the two 'waves" of shipments should have showed up by now yet no one reports it. I believe they exist just not shipped or just did.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why are you trying to continue the narrative that these mods don't exist or that he's trying to con people when your not even involved
in this? At least be fair about it and criticize him for stuff that is his fault.
And Im Involved by proxy. I convinced my neighbor to buy one. I kinda vouched for him since I've been a "family" member for about a year now.

Vapetek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ment to imply that the two 'waves" of shipments should have showed up by now yet no one reports it. I believe they exist just not shipped or just did.

Well I got my tracking on Thursday, it didn't become valid till Saturday, I plan to see my mod around Friday or Saturday this week. You can never tell with the post office. I've had stuff hit customs in NY and take two weeks to get to me, and others take 3 days. Stuff from cali usually get to me in 5-7 days.

Reactions: j66

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
Guys people are actually receiving their pva 40's now! I just watched 2 reviews on youtube! There is light at the end of the tunnel! And on top of all of that Peg apologized for way he handled things, in his recent video comments...... suprised the shit out me! I know i'm probably in the last wave of shipments because i ordered at the last possible minute. Guys post your first impressions, to keep the procrastinaters like myself hopes up!

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While I appreciate Hao's apology, it still does not excuse his handling of this mess. Plus, he's still deleting comments on his channel (no profanity, no name-calling, just comments pointing out how poorly this process has been run).

My tracking number is now recognized by USPS tracking, but still shows that it has not been accepted by USPS. At best, it will be showing up next week. Would like to get this so I can sell it -- I was thinking $70 shipped. Think that's a fair price? It's 50% of the price paid.

Vapetek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
While I appreciate Hao's apology, it still does not excuse his handling of this mess. Plus, he's still deleting comments on his channel (no profanity, no name-calling, just comments pointing out how poorly this process has been run).

My tracking number is now recognized by USPS tracking, but still shows that it has not been accepted by USPS. At best, it will be showing up next week. Would like to get this so I can sell it -- I was thinking $70 shipped. Think that's a fair price? It's 50% of the price paid.
I would look for at least 100. It still better than a ipc4.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would look for at least 100. It still better than a ipc4.

True, but the Hana One is $100, has dual batteries (plus the option for just one), the large screen DNA 40 with atty lock and a warranty through Vapor Shark (who are a whole lot better to deal with than Hana). That's what I was pricing it against, and I figured the lack of atty lock and the small screen warranted a 30% cut below that.

By the way, in case people haven't seen it, there's a new post on the Indegogo site from Hao:

Guys Today is wednesday 6/24 and out of the few hundred shipments out so far. There is a big handful of battery owners stuck on tracking not updating. and a ton of folks with PVA-40's not updating.

Many of you guys I consider my friends. I wanted you all to know that I've been monitoring and refreshing this quite often day and night. 35% of you are on priority mail and the other 65% are on first class. Shockingly priority mail is not any better with the updates.
A fortunate 10 of you of various types packaging have kicked in now and show transit. So again I swear to you all, These tracking numbers are real packed parcels with your mods in them and they are indeed out there somewhere.
We did call in and USPS told us to wait. So we're all in the same boat here.
Out of the 10 parcels 3 of them were priority and the other 7 first class.
4 of them are large orders, 6 of them are single orders. So there is no discrimination of parcel or postage here. They're clearly all equally hated on by the post office.
Since there are a few cases of folks getting stuff, we will continue to ship with confidence that you will get them eventually.
Again those who haven't gotten tracking numbers, you will have it real soon but its not like they work really good anyways. We apologize for that, but its out of our hands whats going on with the tracking system.
Folks who purchased other things such as bundles with no mod. You may receive your bundle first, Please don't fret. Its just the post office being random with what they want to send out first.
PVA Live Celebration + Q&A episode will be pushed back to July 11th 7PM Pacific 10PM eastern. We estimate that 98% of the backers should have it in hand by then. There is still about 10 people who still owe, another email will be sent for those individuals.

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified on June 20, 2015 to expect this package for mailing. This message does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Please be advised tracking is not available for this product."

And so it remains...

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified on June 20, 2015 to expect this package for mailing. This message does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Please be advised tracking is not available for this product."

And so it remains...

I'm in the same boat. Granted, the USPS is certainly not the best when it comes to processing and tracking, but I think it's far more likely that Hao has screwed up yet again, rather than have the fault be with USPS.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the shit just keeps on getting deeper. Video update from Hao in which he reports that packages are being returned to him because the weight stated on the label does not agree with the actual weight. He blames the USPS for yet another of his screw-ups, and promises all packages will be out "soon."

What the hell was I thinking when I gave this guy money 7 months ago?

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh joy, I have a fresh tracking number from a second 'Your Order has been shipped!' e-mail. The difference this time? Number is not even recognised. If I ever have this in my hands I still won't believe it.

"The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request."

The only consistent thing here is that it's never his fault.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Trade you a evic vt ;)

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh joy, I have a fresh tracking number from a second 'Your Order has been shipped!' e-mail. The difference this time? Number is not even recognised. If I ever have this in my hands I still won't believe it.

"The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request."

Got the same email today, @j66. My tracking is not yet live either. I still give it a 50/50 chance that we'll ever see our mods.

Appreciate the trade offer @dre. I'll give it some thought.

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
Another day.....another update video......more shipping problems.....WTF!

"The origin of every excuse is the failure to do something"

Andy Anderson

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years

I never received the first......lol

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Probably tried to purposely have the wrong ship weight to save money

In his latest video he tells us in his own way the the chipsets are clones of the DNA 40. He flat out states that there is no reverse
battery protection on the PVA-40. Since this is a function of the chipset it has to be a copy.

Vapetek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In his latest video he tells us in his own way the the chipsets are clones of the DNA 40. He flat out states that there is no reverse
battery protection on the PVA-40. Since this is a function of the chipset it has to be a copy.

That is not what he said. Look it is well established that I have a serious problem with this guy. the lack of protection has nothing to do with
the chip. The chip is reverse protected. the problem is the nature of parallel wiring. Which the DNA was never designed for. you can put one battery upside down, or both in upside down and not have any problems. put one in right and reverse the other and you'll have a hand grenade, because you'll have a close loop short.

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Much better now:

"Your item departed our USPS facility in SANTA CLARITA, CA 91383 on June 27, 2015 at 11:45 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

I will expect it this week sometime. Expectantly.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is not what he said. Look it is well established that I have a serious problem with this guy. the lack of protection has nothing to do with
the chip. The chip is reverse protected. the problem is the nature of parallel wiring. Which the DNA was never designed for. you can put one battery upside down, or both in upside down and not have any problems. put one in right and reverse the other and you'll have a hand grenade, because you'll have a close loop short.

Quite true. I always take a moment to check, and then check again that both batteries are going into my Vaporflask positive up. You are guaranteed not to have a good day if you put in your batteries in series instead of parallel on a dual battery DNA40. I can blame Hao for a lot of things; this is not one of them.

Great to hear your shipment is moving @j66!

Vapetek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
finally got my second tracking number a few minutes ago.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They do exist ;)

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It lives!! Great that it got to you -- how does it work? Fit and finish? Love to hear your impressions of it -- mine is still on the way (at least I hope it is...)

Only complain so far is the firing button has a lot of rattle. Everything else seam to work good.

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Update, the only main issue that I have so far with the PVA40 is the firing button. I have 2 Sigelei Plus, Black & Gold, and personally the Sigelei firing button is much better, no rattle, and the battery holder is also much better. Every time I push this PVA40 button is coming closer to become a nice heavy paper weight.

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
Update, the only main issue that I have so far with the PVA40 is the firing button. I have 2 Sigelei Plus, Black & Gold, and personally the Sigelei firing button is much better, no rattle, and the battery holder is also much better. Every time I push this PVA40 button is coming closer to become a nice heavy paper weight.
Dammit! The button was supposed to be the same as the segelei button!

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine today as well! I have to agree with what @latinowarrior has pointed out. The overall feel of the case is very nice. The battery door is solid and heavy, and fits well. The 510 is pretty nicely done -- good threading and spring loaded. Zero problems fitting anything I've tried on it so far to sit flush. The case engraving is much better than I expected. The rounded edges make it more comfortable to hold than similar sized box mods (such as the Sig 100w).

The overall finish is very smooth and even. The inside of the battery door, however, has a lot of machining marks. Good magnets -- the door is held on tight, but you don't have to wrestle it off.

The DNA40 chip works as a DNA40 chip should. I'm not finding any variance between it and my Vaporflask, which has the same generation of DNA40 chip (pre atty lock).

The buttons are not great. The fire button has some rattle and feels mushy. Very short throw with little positive tactile feel. The up/down buttons also have some rattle and spin. None of the buttons feel like you would expect for a $140 device.

Used it for about an hour to verify proper operation. Took pics, put it back in the box, and will be listing it for $70 shipped later today.

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My Sigelei 150 button rattles, so I guess it is... ;)

I don't own a 150w and that button looks flat compare to what is on the PVA40. I may have a bad button, still works but wasn't expecting this on my device :(

VU Sponsors