Become a Patron!

Opinions on YouTubers?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used to drink 8-10 cups of Twinings English Breakfast Tea daily -- that was one of the habits that had to change when I started vaping and got that "cankles" problem; now I have 2-3 cups in the morning... and the rest of the day, I drink Luzianne decaf iced tea. Because yep... I LOVE tea, but mainly strong black tea; the orange pekoe in the Luzianne's is acceptable because the tea is iced, so you don't get the fragrance anyway. American teas have little if any fragrance -- strong black tea like Twinings' English or Irish Breakfast teas have a delectable aroma, almost like fruity incense or spices.

Andria
Don't you like Twinings Gunpowder Green Tea?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That was the worst side-effect of my kidney stones, aside from the searing pain - having to give up drinking as much tea as I want. Blah. So the rest of the time, I drink flavored water, usually with Mio. And a cup of coffee in the mornings, which I'm also supposed to cut way back on.

I broke a 10-cup-a-day coffee habit when I was 20... by switching to tea. :giggle: After that, I've never been a huge fan of coffee, though strangely, I craved it when I was pregnant -- so I bought a real drip coffeemaker, and perked up some decaf when the cravings struck. Once he was born and I was done nursing, the coffeemaker went back into the cabinet and I went back to tea!

I had a kidney stone ONCE... at first I thought, kidney infection, the pain was so godawful intense... but when I woke the next morning and the pain was just GONE, I knew it had to be a stone. Since then, never again. I suppose that's very fortunate, with my intense love of tea.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I broke a 10-cup-a-day coffee habit when I was 20... by switching to tea. :giggle: After that, I've never been a huge fan of coffee, though strangely, I craved it when I was pregnant -- so I bought a real drip coffeemaker, and perked up some decaf when the cravings struck. Once he was born and I was done nursing, the coffeemaker went back into the cabinet and I went back to tea!

I had a kidney stone ONCE... at first I thought, kidney infection, the pain was so godawful intense... but when I woke the next morning and the pain was just GONE, I knew it had to be a stone. Since then, never again. I suppose that's very fortunate, with my intense love of tea.

Andria

I've had kidney stones twice, the most recent time was a year ago, the day after my birthday. Nice, eh? Got to spend the entire day in the ER in agony. A few days later, I was under anesthesia as they used sound waves to break them up, as they were far too large to pass naturally. I never want to go through that again. Childbirth was kid's play next to having a kidney stone.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had kidney stones twice, the most recent time was a year ago, the day after my birthday. Nice, eh? Got to spend the entire day in the ER in agony. A few days later, I was under anesthesia as they used sound waves to break them up, as they were far too large to pass naturally. I never want to go through that again. Childbirth was kid's play next to having a kidney stone.
Yep women that have had a kidney stone that causes total blockage understand this.
They cannot give you enough morphine to do any more than just make it hurt BAD.
Don't know about women but one side effect on men is to cause a continuous kicked in the testicles pain.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had one kidney stone that was the size of my thumb nail. UGE GUY! I was in the hospital moaning for hours. They had me on the best pain meds there was Oxyconitn etc... DId nothing.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep women that have had a kidney stone that causes total blockage understand this.
They cannot give you enough morphine to do any more than just make it hurt BAD.
Don't know about women but one side effect on men is to cause a continuous kicked in the testicles pain.

Nope, didn't feel anything in my testicles. ;) What works best on the pain isn't paid meds, oddly enough, but muscle relaxers. Once they gave me those, the pain diminished almost completely. Why it took them literally 7 fucking hours to give it to me, I have no idea.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can't ABIDE green tea. It's sharp as a knife, ick ick ick.

Andria
I have no idea what you mean. Twinings Gunpowder Green Tea is actually very smooth, soft tea if you don't let it steep for more than 2½ minutes... use a tea ball that has a very fine mesh like the one in the pic below, and, after the steeping is done and you pour the tea into your cup(s), wait a couple of minutes because there's always very tiny tea particles in there... they will slowly sink to the bottom─and then they will stay there if you don't agitate them whilst you drink your tea. I always use two small glass cups to drink this type of tea because the light that shines through the glass makes it easier to see when the particles have sunk so I always drink one cup whilst waiting for the other cup to become ready to drink.

cq5dam.web.730.415.jpeg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea what you mean. Twinings Gunpowder Green Tea is actually very smooth, soft tea if you don't let it steep for more than 2½ minutes... use a tea ball that has a very fine mesh like the one in the pic below, and, after the steeping is done and you pour the tea into your cup(s), wait a couple of minutes because there's always very tiny tea particles in there... they will slowly sink to the bottom─and then they will stay there if you don't agitate them whilst you drink your tea. I always use two small glass cups to drink this type of tea because the light that shines through the glass makes it easier to see when the particles have sunk so I always drink one cup whilst waiting for the other cup to become ready to drink.

cq5dam.web.730.415.jpeg

I've considered getting one of those tea balls.. but Twinings English Breakfast comes in teabags, so I don't generally wind up with any particles in the tea -- unless there's a hole in the bag, in which case, i dump it out and start over. Putting sugar in would certainly agitate any particles!

Andria

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another stones veteran over here. I've had 3 tours, passed 2 and had a stent put in for the last. A miserable fate I would wish on no man... well maybe a few men but real dick heads.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I wonder if they can break up gallstones the same way. That's my biggest health problem, aside from asthma. I've never had the "oh god I'm DYING" kind of gallbladder attack, but a couple of smallish ones that were pretty bad. The only other thing would be to have my gallbladder removed, but since I don't have insurance, that would have to be one of those "oh god I'm DYING" kinds of emergencies, just to get the surgery. And I really don't want the surgery, considering the aftermath of the appendectomy. I'm emetophobic.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good green tea is about all the tea I like.

That is truly strange, given your aversion to the bitter taste -- green tea is so sharp, I can't stand it at all -- black tea may be a bit bitter, but far less so than green tea. And far less bitter than coffee, certainly -- yet my son says tea is "too bitter", and guzzles coffee like nobody's business.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is truly strange, given your aversion to the bitter taste -- green tea is so sharp, I can't stand it at all -- black tea may be a bit bitter, but far less so than green tea. And far less bitter than coffee, certainly -- yet my son says tea is "too bitter", and guzzles coffee like nobody's business.

Andria
Coffee is horribly bitter and requires a syrupy amount of sugar to make it drinkable for me.

Ground coffee smells wonderful though.

I think it is the bitter gene thing.
many things that my wife thinks of as sour is bitter as heck to me.
I can taste sour and bitter is not it.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wonder if they can break up gallstones the same way. That's my biggest health problem, aside from asthma. I've never had the "oh god I'm DYING" kind of gallbladder attack, but a couple of smallish ones that were pretty bad. The only other thing would be to have my gallbladder removed, but since I don't have insurance, that would have to be one of those "oh god I'm DYING" kinds of emergencies, just to get the surgery. And I really don't want the surgery, considering the aftermath of the appendectomy. I'm emetophobic.

Andria

They can indeed. The treatment is called extra-corporeal shock-wave lithotripsy or ESWL. Doesn't hurt since they knock you out for it and it takes about an hour.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I love tea. I drink several large pots of hot tea per week and if I could, I'd drink more but it's not good for me since I have a tendency to make kidney stones. :( But I never use tea bags, only loose leaf. I prefer strong teas like English or Irish breakfast teas, although I also am very fond of chai and drink a lot of that during the winter.
My wife and I have chai tea every night. When I drink reg tea it's usually earl gray or something similar. When I was a kid I used to love eating at Chinese restaurants just so I could drink a pot of tea myself. They always used to make the best tea at the place we'd go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My wife and I have chai tea every night. When I drink reg tea it's usually earl gray or something similar. When I was a kid I used to love eating at Chinese restaurants just so I could drink a pot of tea myself. They always used to make the best tea at the place we'd go.

I do love me some Earl Grey, too. A pot full can be overwhelming but a cup or two in the cold morning can be really nice. :)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My last stone was so bad I had to take a ride in the ambo at 3am. I was thrashing around like a fish until they gave me fentynal. By the time the medic was done plunging the needle, I could hardly do anything but droll for an hour. I can see why so many people play Russian roulette with that stuff on the streets.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They can indeed. The treatment is called extra-corporeal shock-wave lithotripsy or ESWL. Doesn't hurt since they knock you out for it and it takes about an hour.
will this also break up the cholesterol stones in the gallbladder as well?...Doctors just want to always remove the gallbladder...I think because it's a money maker for them. I'm not sure why they don't use this ESWL more often. or why they don't just open the gallbladder empty the stones and sow it back up.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do love me some Earl Grey, too. A pot full can be overwhelming but a cup or two in the cold morning can be really nice. :)
can't abide Earl Grey..take a perfectly good pound of tea and then throw bergamont in it and ruin it.....but then on the other hand I like a good cup of Chia.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I prefer Black tea or Chai, but good green tea is wonderful.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
will this also break up the cholesterol stones in the gallbladder as well?...Doctors just want to always remove the gallbladder...I think because it's a money maker for them. I'm not sure why they don't use this ESWL more often. or why they don't just open the gallbladder empty the stones and sow it back up.

Notta clue if it breaks up cholesterol stones, too. Just saw that they do ESWL for gallstones, although it's not the usual treatment. Guess because you don't really need a gallbladder so might as well take it out. :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Notta clue if it breaks up cholesterol stones, too. Just saw that they do ESWL for gallstones, although it's not the usual treatment. Guess because you don't really need a gallbladder so might as well take it out. :D
But if they take it out beef and such will go thru you fast.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

You can live without it, but you do need it for normal digestion

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that's bullshit that the doctors tell you...I think you need a gallbladder..people who have their gallbladders removed have a higher rate of colon cancer.I think removal of the gallbladder is just treating the symptom.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

My mother had hers removed - it didn't kill her, but she has a very hard time eating normally now and she wishes she's of tried other remedies before taking the leap to have it removed

I've been taking Chanca Piedra for about a month now - it's supposed to break up stones in the kidneys and gall bladder. Doing it as a preemptive strike

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My mother had hers removed - it didn't kill her, but she has a very hard time eating normally now and she wishes she's of tried other remedies before taking the leap to have it removed

I've been taking Chanca Piedra for about a month now - it's supposed to break up stones in the kidneys and gall bladder. Doing it as a preemptive strike

Oh, I know all about the regrets of surgery. I still have my gallbladder but had gastric bypass about a hundred years ago, back when it was still pretty experimental. They didn't warn me about the subsequent problems I'd have for the rest of my life with malabsorption issues and other things. Plus I did actually die from it, albeit briefly. :facepalm:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I love Twinning teas. Mornings are Irish Breakfast if going to work, Lady Grey if not. Evenings are Earl Grey decaf. Lady Grey is my favorite and my go to for an afternoon pick me up. On topic...I don't watch many reviews anymore, do enjoy some of the vlogs and shows.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love Twinning teas. Mornings are Irish Breakfast if going to work, Lady Grey if not. Evenings are Earl Grey decaf. Lady Grey is my favorite and my go to for an afternoon pick me up. On topic...I don't watch many reviews anymore, do enjoy some of the vlogs and shows.

Never heard of Lady Grey. Had to look it up. Might have to pick some up to give it a try. (BTW, the k-cup teas suck ass)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Coffee is horribly bitter and requires a syrupy amount of sugar to make it drinkable for me.

Ground coffee smells wonderful though.

I think it is the bitter gene thing.
many things that my wife thinks of as sour is bitter as heck to me.
I can taste sour and bitter is not it.

I'm in about 95% agreement about coffee; smells amazing, tastes... eh, well... I generally use a lot of milk and only a little sugar, to smooth it out -- that's what I did when pregnant, since I needed the milk anyway and didn't want the gestational diabetes. I discovered at Starbucks that I find a "medium roast" most tolerable; it seems the mildest to me, and least bitter -- but still needs lots of milk and a bit of sugar, to be drinkable.

In general, I avoid "sour" like the veriest plague -- the only way I can tolerate lemon at all is on fish -- which I was never able to tolerate as a child, but gradually came to enjoy, at least some varieties -- but only with lemon. :D I do enjoy tart and crispy apples, like Granny Smiths. Sweeter ones tend to be mushy, which is just gross.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm a kettle girl myself. Generally use bags, do have a loose leaf jasmine I get locally. I have to start with cold water or something just isn't right. Tried microwave once, went down the sink. Lady Grey is a beautiful tea. The steam is wonderful.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My doctor had me take a ultrasound for gallstones about 14 months ago...they told me my gallbladder was full of gallstones and I'd have to have surgery...I decided to try alternative treatments...I have used Chanca Piedra,radically changed my diet, did about 6 gallstone flushes....so far,so good..as long as I don't get stupid eating rich food...at this point after 14 months my entire tastes in food have made a drastic change...I no longer crave the kinds of foods that are bad for me.I now try and use food as medicine rather than as a drug.Radish juice is supposed to dissolve the stones as well....but good luck trying to gag down radish juice for a month.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My doctor had me take a ultrasound for gallstones about 14 months ago...they told me my gallbladder was full of gallstones and I'd have to have surgery...I decided to try alternative treatments...I have used Chanca Piedra,radically changed my diet, did about 6 gallstone flushes....so far,so good..as long as I don't get stupid eating rich food...at this point after 14 months my entire tastes in food have made a drastic change...I no longer crave the kinds of foods that are bad for me.I now try and use food as medicine rather than as a drug.

After all the liver problems I went through, I realized I am now the same age my mother was when she had her gall stone problems, so I've done about the same thing

Haven't tried an actual gallstone flush yet - but have considered it

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After all the liver problems I went through, I realized I am now the same age my mother was when she had her gall stone problems, so I've done about the same thing

Haven't tried an actual gallstone flush yet - but have considered it
yep, there is nothing wrong with the gallbladder ///the gallbladder doesn't create gallstones...the liver does..you have to detox your liver....alot of people get their gallbladders removed but they don't detox their livers and they continue in habits that give them a fatty liver or toxic liver.,and so their problems continue....I must have some sort of mental block about surgery, because for me I was willing to go through alot in order to avoid it...the gallstone flushes are not that bad,but you do have to prepare yourself for them in order for them to be as easy as possible on your body... check out Andreas Moritz.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
but good luck trying to gag down radish juice for a month.

I did run one radish through the juicer - even with the best other shit in the world would I do it again

Onion was not my most brilliant juicing experiment either :confused:

How long did you take the Chanca Piedra?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Do you think that Chanca Piedra is really effective? I'd dearly love some way to get rid of these damn gallstones that didn't require health insurance or thousands of $$$ for surgery. Not to mention all the pain and suffering entailed in the traditional approach.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did run one radish through the juicer - even with the best other shit in the world would I do it again

Onion was not my most brilliant juicing experiment either :confused:

How long did you take the Chanca Piedra?
I went through a regime for a gallbladder flush...first..I took Chanca Piedra and another herb for about two weeks eating no meat but fish occasionally ....then another two weeks on vegetarian diet, at week four I drank about a quart or more of apple juice everyday..apples especially the skins of green apples have Malic acid which soften the stones....and on day seven of the fourth week I did the gallbladder flush.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Do you think that Chanca Piedra is really effective? I'd dearly love some way to get rid of these damn gallstones that didn't require health insurance or thousands of $$$ for surgery. Not to mention all the pain and suffering entailed in the traditional approach.

Andria

"They" say it does, lol

My physiologist recommended it to me when I told him my concerns

I cannot give a personal testimonial it cured me because like I said, I'm taking it as a precaution but I believe it works based on research done in Germany

They use it to kidney and gall stones in Europe, Asia and SA

Regular US doctors won't touch it - mainly because their big pharma-education :crazy:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"They" say it does, lol

My physiologist recommended it to me when I told him my concerns

I cannot give a personal testimonial it cured me because like I said, I'm taking it as a precaution but I believe it works based on research done in Germany

They use it to kidney and gall stones in Europe, Asia and SA

Regular US doctors won't touch it - mainly because their big pharma-education :crazy:
yeah it's used in an over the counter treatment in France,...beet juice is also very good..alot of the times what happens is the bile becomes thickened and this thickening of the bile leads to the formation of stones..beet juice thins the bile down...one of the group of people prone to gallstones is smokers...imagine all the toxins in cigarettes?...your liver has to try and filter them all out.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Andria

If you can spare $25 I think it is a good investment if you do have gallstones

But seriously, the best thing is to look at your diet and lifestyle and see if you can find out why you got gallstones in the first place and see if you can make changes if need be

The most common cause is cholesterol being over-produced by the liver

VU Sponsors